A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has had or has held??? - KO

Posted: Jan 10, 2011

I am not sure if I am hearing "has had" conservative treatment, she opted for surgical intervention....I am not sure if I am hearing "has held"...any help would be greatly appreciated.Wink

To me, "has held" does not make sense. I would use "has had" if I were typing t - mt5

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I would bet it is "has failed conservative therapy" - orthogirl

[ In Reply To ..]
my doc does joint replacements and the patient have to fail conservative therapy in order to have the surgery at a younger age, so I bet that is what you are hearing.

Similar Messages:

I Have To Wonder Why We Are Held To Such
Feb 28, 2011

stringent TAT when doctors are allowed to wait weeks and/or months to dictate very old reports?  I have listened to basically one physician for the last 3 hours or so dictating old reports that should have been done in a timely manner.  Oh well, just venting here.  ...

Anyone Feel Like They Are Being Held Hostage By This Job?
Aug 27, 2013

Now they want us to sit around and get our time in during the 24 hour day in which we are scheduled to work.  As far as I can remember, when I signed up for this job I had to pick a schedule which I was to stick to or be in for consequences. Now..there is no work, which is no fault of the MT and we are supposed to work anytime during 24 hours to make up for it?  Who is making out in that situation? It sure isn't the transcriptionist.  If anyone falls for that, you are naive.& ...

Think MTSOs Can't Be Held Liable For Over-
Aug 04, 2014

It happened to tech company LinkedIn, (who should know better!) "LinkedIn agreed to pay nearly $6 million is back overtime wages and damages to employees after a U.S. Department of Labor investigation found the company violated federal labor laws." ...

Will Dictators Ever Be Held Accountable
Mar 25, 2015

I just had to stop and vent. I am appalled at the quality of dictation these days. The sentence structure, lack of consistency, outright errors and not paying attention to what they are saying. That goes for the stutterers, the repeaters, the ones who start a sentence and then just die off. If you cannot speak clearly and enunciate then you need to HIRE SOMEONE TO DICTATE FOR YOU. Have some respect for the people who have to try and interpret your garbage or GET OFF THE SYSTEM. We cannot i ...

Whomever Is Entering Docs Into ADT Should Be Held Accountable. Sm
Mar 22, 2011

I have been here with MQ 4ever it seems.  Today, I just need to rant.  It seems that for the last week or so ASR has gotten WORSE, leaving out words and still not changing terms which have been repeatedly "corrected" by me.  It is not "learning".  Of course, I guess this means job security.    But, the next rant I have is how many ways can someone enter a docs credentials and initials in?   Constantly leaving out the periods after the middle initials ...

Jobs Being Mysteriously Held In A Bunch Of Florida Accounts
Oct 29, 2009

I would appreciate hearing from anyone (e-mail me if you wish) if you have suddenly got NJA all day today with regard to a bunch of southern Florida accounts (cannot mention which hospital of course, but if you are an MT for them you will know which ones).  I e-mailed the person in charge of workload and the explanation was that "difficult dictators" are only being given to those who can do them.  I am a tier 3, 7 yrs with MQ and 30 as an MT (so pretty much experienced and been there d ...

On RT Simulation: His Arms Were Held Slightly "a Kimble" On His Sides.
Dec 23, 2010

? ...

Sounds Like "hand Saids Were Held"
Jun 10, 2010

sounds like:  "hand saids were held"   since the patient had a history of hematemesis ...