A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

i have one dictator whose reports always have a bunch of blanks in them - sm

Posted: Mar 02, 2010

I put so much more time and effort into his work and they always come out looking like Swiss cheese.  QA can fill in about 75% of these with their guesswork.  No way am I going to continue listening over and over again to his bad dictation when they are pretty much hopeless.  I'm going to listen once and that's it -- that way I'll get the most for my money I'll be paying for the QA!

Exactly-no more spending an hour on 10 minutes of ESL mush nm - Getting wiser by the day

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have one like that too! I don't know what to do - JUST ME

[ In Reply To ..]
about it. I was awake last night thinking about that very Dr. M!!! Damn him....! OK now I guess I'll just become a master guesser. God, I hate this job.

It will be everything I can do not to log off when I see a slew of his reports are coming around the bend.

Similar Messages:

Bad Dictator, Can't Hear Him, Leaving Blanks,
Apr 06, 2010

I agree with the poster below who says they do better without QA hanging over them, leaving the same blanks and just nit picking the rest of the report.... Very infuriating.  However, here I am, stuck on a report with a resident who is speaking so low I have the volume all the way up, then he gets loud for a second or 2, just long enough to blast out my ears, and then I can't hear him again.  I'm only 3 paragraphs into it (its 668 seconds long) and already have 3 blanks where ...

3 Blanks On Bronchoscopy Report, New Dictator
Jul 31, 2013

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE: _____ (Casting?) of the chest was done with _____ (Vegas?) protocol. Planning of the bronchoscopy was done with computerized software. That same planning was used to navigate the bronchoscope. Afterwards _____ (DAL?) was done of the area. There were no complications from the procedure. Thanks for any help. This is brand new dictator with a bit of an accent. ...

Blanks In Reports
Sep 29, 2014

Anybody else receiving "counselling" for leaving blanks.  Received e-mail stating some of my reports were pulled and they wanted to go over my blanks.  If I can't hear them or understand them, I don't guess and leave a blank.  Dreading this one.  Seems you can't win for losing.  How do some of you handle the blank situation? ...

Anyone Know If The Reports We Pend For Blanks
Jan 19, 2015

later and count against our QA%?  God I hope not. There is this one RIDICULOUSLY horrible dictator--I don't even know how the VR manages to get ANYTHING he says correct, and I can't even tell if it's correct--the VR looks reasonable but I just cannot hear him...Chinese, speaks a mile a minute, misprounces everything, UGH!  I pull out my hair every time on him, and there is no way I would EVER get over 99% on this guy.  There are always more than the allotted blanks ...

What Happens To Reports With All The Blanks In Them? Are They Filled In By Hand? .
Apr 02, 2010

Do they actually go into the chart like that?  I'm sure nobody retypes the reports with the corrections in them, so how does that pass the Joint Commission's inspection? ...

Dictator And Past Reports Lookup
Apr 21, 2010

Has somthing changed on how we get into dictator and past reports lookup? I just came back from vacation and cannot access this feature on DocQmanage the way I have always done using employee number.dep, etc. Anyone else having a problem? ...

I'm Currently Doing Nearly Real-time Reports And Not A Single Dictator...
Jun 28, 2012

is able to finish a complete sentence without losing their thought or incessantly repeating themselves because they keep losing their place.  It's getting annoying.  I've done about a 1/2 dozen reports so far and NOT ONE has been just a normal dictation.  I'm wondering if all these doctors are unable to focus on the task at hand because of what is going on in Washington right now or if it's just a fluke.  I mean, I have never encountered anything like this ...

Comments On Dictator Input/swiss Cheese Reports
May 09, 2012

Does anyone from *Quality* ever question the dictator input? Have any of you higher-ups ever actually listened to what is being put into your high-tech systems you pay so much for? Is it any wonder that *Experienced* MTs leave blanks in reports? I've been in this field for a loooong time and some days I am appalled by what comes through my headphones. I don't believe some dictators even know the English alphabet (evidenced by attempts at spelling, even when reading from a report). I w ...

"Analysis Of Blanks In Reports"
Dec 16, 2012

My supervisor did a "deep dive analysis" of difficult dictators in response to their complaints about numerous blanks in their reports. HELLO?  If you can't speak English, at least slow down so we might be able to understand what the hell you're saying and spell the names of doctors you want to get cc's.  They have the freaking NERVE to complain about blanks in their reports.  God, I hate this company. ...

Is Anyone Getting A Bunch Of
Oct 16, 2009

transcriptions for pts with H1N1?  It is making me think twice about getting the vaccine.  I am getting a bunch of them, and quite a few with type A influenza as well. ...

What A Bunch!!!
Feb 09, 2011

Gripe about lack of work, then HEAVEN forbid you have to test and give PERSONAL information  -- crimey is everyone in kindergarten?  You do NOT CALL the service first  - want to hurt your chances of NOT  being hired   - go ahead, calll the recruiter and/or MSTO and DEMAND  GUESS WHAT AINT GONNA GET HIRED  ...

BUNCH
Jan 12, 2013

Everyone on this board moans about how much they hate MModal and how horribly they're treated, but when given the opportunity to make the company squirm in a crisis, you all lick their boots and can't wait to help them out with the "incentives", which are impossible to meet, so you are working for the same nothing you always make.  I'm done with this board. ...

THIS IS A BUNCH OF. . . .
Oct 28, 2013

GARBAGE!!!!!!! Hard enough to make lines and now this?  Need a drink! ...

So They Fire/lay Off A Bunch Of MTs
Aug 26, 2013

is out of TAT. TSM says lots of second and third shifters were let go (code phrase-reduction in force) and now the rest of us need to step up and change our shift to second and third shift. ClusterMMuck at its finest. ...

What A Bunch Of A-holes
Dec 17, 2014

Only lost about $20 last week working PT thanks to their new pay schedule, 99.64% accuracy but 12.78 for QA because of blanks because of their incompetent dictators who don't know how to speak English and their poor quality voice files.  Oh yeah, and I'm getting put on a new accout too!  Aren't I lucky?  Guess I'll be joining the cherry pickers now.  ...

So They Hired A Bunch Of New MTs
Apr 20, 2015

supposedly so we won't have mandatory OT so much.  Do you think they hired for the shifts they were having trouble with & will give us our original hours/schedule back??  That would be the decent thing to do....  Yeah... I don't think they'll do it either. ...

I Have Never Seen Such A Paranoid Bunch Of MTs When It Comes To Testing On MTTtest
Jan 09, 2011

I have been reading recent posts regarding testing -- filling in information, etc., and I have never seen such a bunch of paranoid MTs in my life.  I tell the truth regarding my resume, SS#, phone number and experience.  Yes, I HAVE "failed" tests wtih MTTest.com and decided that company postiion was not for me.  My newest job; I was called on the phone, offered the position, had to test, failed the "third written test" but was still hired.  I am making an above average salar ...

Jobs Being Mysteriously Held In A Bunch Of Florida Accounts
Oct 29, 2009

I would appreciate hearing from anyone (e-mail me if you wish) if you have suddenly got NJA all day today with regard to a bunch of southern Florida accounts (cannot mention which hospital of course, but if you are an MT for them you will know which ones).  I e-mailed the person in charge of workload and the explanation was that "difficult dictators" are only being given to those who can do them.  I am a tier 3, 7 yrs with MQ and 30 as an MT (so pretty much experienced and been there d ...

It Is Great When The Company Dumps A Bunch Of Garbage Work On You, And Sm
Oct 17, 2014

You can honestly say to them, "I don't care anymore," and mean it because you have finally wised up and gave up the hope that things will ever get any better and found something new. I wrote many papers in college, but none gave the pleasure that is coming to me from writing my letter of resignation. :-) ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Blanks And More Blanks
Jan 21, 2010

I have just had it.  I was switched over to a horrid account, and every time I ask about being switched back, I am told to just keep on working.  The account I was switched to have horrid AMERICAN doctors as well as ESLs.  I have sat here for months listening and re-listening to no end.  We are always sent emails not to guess, send everyting to QA, well I have just started too.  No longer am I sitting here trying to guess, only to have to send the report to QA anyway.&nb ...

Blanks Yet?
Mar 09, 2010

I am so brain dead.  Are we supposed to be sending reports with blanks again? I thought this was held off until March 14th or is that just with unchecking the QA box if you do not want it to go to qa?  thanks.  between audits,lengthy emails, deleting this and that,its just a bit too much anymore.  sigh.  ...

Blanks/QA
Jul 11, 2012

Utterly confused. I took a big, BIG hit with the QA deduction in paycheck this week. So, I decided to investigate. Like everyone else, I have about 10 "regular" accounts. No blank rule is mentioned anywhere on any of the Account Specifics. I wrote the QA person for my CMC questioning how many blanks were acceptable without sending to QA, and got the "first time right" explanation. This is BOGUS...if I have one blank on a lengthy report and hafta send to QA and they take the total line ...

LPH And Blanks
Apr 12, 2013

I got a complaint from corporate that my lph are not where they should be via my TSM. I have been at MModal 6 weeks and just got off training. I was hired in at tier 3. My lph are gradually going up every day but not to suit corporate. I do straight transcription, no VR, on Futurenet. A lot of ESL bad dictators. I am still getting new dictators every day I work. It's hard to be up to par when you are still learning dictators. I work on 11 accounts. I think I am spending too muc ...

SENDING BLANKS THROUGH
Mar 04, 2010

I'm just sayin....as a radiology MT in this company for 14 years...we have always sent radiology reports straight through to the docs to review and sign (because of turnaround time)....never knew they did QA until I got new accounts 2 years ago....and have had some pretty bad foreigners.  I believe it is docs job to go over his reports anyway...he is legally responsible.. ...

Twenty Blanks To QA
Dec 27, 2010

It just occurred to me that MQ could have another card up its sleeve in order to knock down our pay, yet another scourge to get us to quit.  All it takes is more than 1 report sent per day to put my percentage of reports to over 5% to QA, which would result in 50% salary decrease.  I just had a report where ALL of the blanks were from horrible sound quality.  Words were missing, the surgeon was speaking from his speaker phone which picked up shuffling papers, you know those s ...

QA Penalty Now For Blanks
Jun 29, 2012

They are more and more following M*Modal.  Now if a report is QA'd with a blank, you will be penalized in your score for that blank, and this has been verified by a QA person, who received the new directions recently.  As I understand it, you are penalized if QA was able to find the blank either in old reports or by research, or just knowing the term.   So you have a choice, spend a lot of time on research and see your LPH plummet to minimum wage, or blank it and then be pen ...

Anyone Else On An Acct That Allows No Blanks...
Mar 22, 2013

I'm on accts that do not allow any blanks at all through to the cliient.  ALL blanks must go to QA.  I haven't ever worked on an acct that would not even allow one blank to the client.  Anyhow, might not would be so bad but the dictators are TERRIBLE!  Many ESLs also.  Combine no blanks allowed with terrible dictators = sending more to QA.  That means docked pay if 5% or more.  Oh, and don't let me forget, no samples yet.  So you have to ho ...

0.5 Point Taken Off For Blanks SM
Apr 11, 2013

I just looked at my review for March and I see all these 0.5 deductions for "blank filled in by reviewer."  There are also Valid Blanks that take off no points.   Sorry if this has been asked but did they say they were going to do this?  And if so, when?  Also, I listened to these blanks.  There is no way they can tell me 100% what was said in any of them, which is why I blanked them.  So they are guessing.  Two reports I have gone through so far are for real ...