A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Trying to find part-time or full-time employee position (hospital/clinic) - NeedWork

Posted: Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does this might be able to let me know.  Thanks - I really appreciate it!!  I do have almost 20 years of experience in most fields of medical including acute care as well as workers' compensation type reports.  

Position - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Wish I could help, but in all honesty if I knew of such a job I would be applying for it myself.

I wish you luck. (I wish us all luck.)

You and 30 others (myself included) are looking for this - good luck

[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly dont think it exists anymore. I also have 20 years experience, and I also have a sad story of having to take care of myself and others.

Where have you been? Nobody would tell you a decent MTSO - to work for (not that they exist) and they SM

[ In Reply To ..]
sure wont tell you about the kind of situation you are looking for. Everybody want that. Do you read this board? Good luck on your search but I hope for you family member's sake, you start looking for something else.

Never ceases to amaze me - Justanothermt

[ In Reply To ..]
It's no surprise that some of the people on this board can't find work. They are so bitter and rude and just cannot resist the urge to comment on posts such as the person above. If someone comes here and posts a request and you don't have an answer, try some self control and do NOT post comments like that! I, for one, am doing just fine, as I have mostly my own accounts, but I have to say that if I needed help with any of them, I would hesitate to advertise that on this board because of the attitudes of so many here! I'm sure that there are some truly nice, experienced, and qualified MTs on this board, but I think they are outnumbered by the rest, and that's just a shame. This board SHOULD be someplace where MTs can come to talk, share, and help each other, not be put down, criticized, or talked rudely to. Try the old saying, "If you don't have anything nice to day, don't say anything at all". To the person looking for work - good luck to you, and I hope you find what you are looking for - maybe there IS someone on this board working someplace that hires remote employees that will help you.

You might as well tell her to apply for a job as a telephone - operator. If she has pressing financial SM

[ In Reply To ..]
needs, she should not be encouraged to sit and wait for this phantom MT job to come along. She DOES need to be looking for something different. I would not trust the well-being of any of my loved ones on my doing MT. It is a second income profession for most of us. And your situation with your own clients, is totally different than the situation 90% of us are dealing with.

I am doing fine for myself, but it didnt happen over night. It took years of working - for different MTSO, working on different SM

[ In Reply To ..]
platforms, working different schedules to get where I am now.

Is it snark and bad attitudes or reality of the situation? - MTSearching

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if someone does know of a remote, long-term employee position and could help the OP out, there is virtually no guaranty that the position will last, especially in light of the incentives for clinics and hospitals to move away from utilizing traditional methods. Probably an editing position might be available, but transcription seems very iffy any more.

Also, I don't think that most of the MTs here are deliberately hostile or aren't experienced and qualified; they're being squeezed and are watching the industry they love die on the vine. It makes anyone a bit cranky, and kind of hard to keep the chin up and encourage others when their own paycheck is sinking like a rock.

Truly, the reality is that the best advice to anyone who desperately needs income to support family members, especially if that is the only income, is to seek a better career. If that seems snarky or hostile, then so be it because it is the honest truth and sometimes the truth hurts, but it's still the reality facing the majority of us.

On the legal board i belong to - - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone helps everyone, posts jobs and companies that are good to work for and are hiring. Never do you have anyone like those on this board post on there - not tolerated at all. I think the difference is that you can't be anonymous there - and must be professional, something this board sorely lacks.
Is the legal profession tanking like the MT profession? That - would be a big difference. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
respect - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Why should that matter - MTs should still treat each other with respect, not like they do on this board.
It just does --- human nature. ++ ppl wanting few opportunities - brings out the worse in MOST ppl. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
No - charlie
[ In Reply To ..]
It's a complete lack of character.
Yeah, whatever. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Case in point. Thanks. nm - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Even 5 years ago, it was like that here. - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
(and in the what, 2-3 years before then when this site was created?) That's how much the industry has changed. Look at the few MTs who say they still have a lucrative position with a "great" company. Yet they refuse to share the name or give good press because of being afraid their "great" company will immediately over-hire.

And before anyone says I'm bitter, I actually still make a reasonably good living as an MT. But, the changes that have happened within just the last 3-4 years are discouraging. I can't believe what's happened to our industry. Doctors used to thank us, facilities appreciated how hard our job was, we were paid accordingly, our bosses trusted us to get our work done on our schedule as long as we met TAT, and we LOVED OUR JOBS. Now, we have time clocks, micromanaging, some BOS "book" that tells us what their "rules" are (!), and QA correcting "errors" that the dictators would NEVER make a big deal about. Crazy.
Even 5 years ago, I am patting my foot to - what you said
[ In Reply To ..]
Because I used to love my job also and I have done this work for over 25 years. It has gotten to the point of being QAd ridiculous, leaving off an s on the end of milligram gets you a ding. Yep, you are right. The dictators would not give 1 flip about this but yet we are held to such absolutely unattainable levels the only thing I can do is probably go into brain surgery next. Am sure I would be a good fit with all the information gleaned over the years with what we have to know. The reports with VR are horrific and no one seems to want to listen about perhaps tweaking those, yet we sit here hour after hour for 4 cents a line (or less) and fix and fix and fix to what end? If anything, the reports have gotten worse. What happened to the "you can make much more $$$$" doing VR, easier way to do it also. Microing, oh pleaseeeeeeeee. Do not even get me going there, have to much else to do today and that would take up my entire day. I have loved my job previously, no more.
Good Legal board sm - Quiltie
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been in search of a good legal board like the one you're describing. Would you mind sharing a link? You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Clarification - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I do have IC work. My change in financial needs has prompted me to look for a more stable situation with benefits, NOT for an MTSO but with a hospital or clinic as an employee. I thought that perhaps there might be someone on this board who has an idea of a hospital still doing this. I'm surely not looking for handouts, complaining about my field, or wanting the negative comments. I like what I do, have done well with it, and will continue to do it, was just asking if anyone knew of a situation I am now looking for.

You're best best - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If I were you, I'd just pick some metropolitan areas, google search area hospitals, and go through their websites one by one by one. Chances are, no one on this board will really help you =[ Personally, if I had that info, I'd pass it on, but I don't, sorry. Good luck to you.

*Your best bet - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Geez, I can't type today!

to best bet - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks - that's what I started doing. I know those jobs are out there, just far and few between. Thanks for the good wishes. :)

Indeed.com, if you haven't already signed up, - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
will send you an e-mail alert every day with jobs according to your search preference. Good luck.

indeed - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, did that. :) Thanks!! :)

Similar Messages:

Looking For Full-time Employee Hospital Job
Jan 08, 2013

Does anyone know of any hospitals that hire directly for employees to work at home?  I am looking for full-time employment with benefits - NOT through an MTSO.  I don't care if it is hourly or per-line pay.  18+ years of experience.   ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

Anyone Gone From Full-time To Part-time With This Company?
Mar 21, 2012

I am strongly considering going to part-time, just hoping to get opinions from anyone who has gone from full-time to part-time or opinions from anyone who has just always been part-time.  Thanks! ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...

Questions Re Going From Full Time To Part Time. Sm
Aug 08, 2012

Has anyone been allowed to go from full-time to part-time employment with Nuance?  Were you able to keep the same basic schedule?  I won't be ready to do this until early next year, so not asking HR at this point. Thanks for any responses! ...

Nuance - Part Time To Full Time?
Aug 08, 2012

I see the post about going from full to part time, but what about the opposite?  For example, if I get hired at 30 hours per week and I have extra time available for a few weeks, can I consistently work more hours than those scheduled 30 hours?  Thanks for any insight you can give. ...

Change From Full- Time To Part- Time.
Sep 10, 2012

I am still debating whether to enroll at Andrews or M-TEC.  My husband is retiring in 2 years and I want to be able to work part-time after that.  Is it realistic to think that I can complete the course at Andrews or M-TEC in 12 months at the most, work full time for a year and then part-time after that.  I would want to be able to work from home.  I guess the other question is "How long after graduating could I expect to earn enough to make it worth the investment, in a reas ...

Is It Easy To Go From Full Time To Part Time At MM?
Feb 18, 2013

I hired on at full time but want to drop 2 hours off a day.  Do they make you change shift or accounts in that case? I don't want benefits so don't care about that.  I worked at Nuance and any change in schedule ultimately ended up in an account and/or shift change.   TIA ...

From Full Time To Part Time With MModal?
Mar 04, 2013

from full time to part time w MM?  I am so burned out trying to work full time hours, I honestly think I would get the same pittance of a check working part time.  Thanks.   ...

Has Anyone Moved From Part-time To Full-time With The
Apr 26, 2013

same company? If so, was it a good decision? I'm thinking of doing that. Thanks. ...

?? Full Time At IMedx/part Time
Jun 18, 2015

Just asking if anyone knows what is considered full time for Imedx and what is considered part time?  ...

Full-time To Part-time
Mar 09, 2010

For those who went full time to part-time with MQ (because you got another job)...how did that work?  Did they approve the schedule you wanted, or did they make you take a schedule?  My CCM told me in my area there is no more flexible part-time available but could do regular 24 hour part-time...she said she would have to approve my schedule if and when I do this.  I may be doing two part-time jobs to start and I am trying to figure out how to do my scheduling around both jobs.    Does a ...

Has Anyone Gone Full-time To Part-time
Mar 28, 2014

Has anyone gone full-time to part-time and then worked part-time at another company as well? I can't keep having my pay go up and down with this incentive nonsense. Need more stability. Way too much stress.   ...

Full Time Position With Mq
Nov 22, 2011

I was wondering if anyone had any advise on moving from a hosp position to mq.  9 cents a line, can I make money there and is there enough work??   Is the QA bad??   cut in pay if qa is over 5%??   any advise, please??  ...

How Do You Know When Its Time To Find A New MT Position?
May 19, 2015

Can anybody tell me how they decided when it was time to start looking for a new MT position? I mean really, they all seem to be bad but how do you know that what you already have won't be the lesser of 2 evils? How do you know they won't treat you worse and you make even less pay with a different company? I guess its the old fear of the unknown. I am sick of my job but experience has taught me that it probably would be worse somewhere else. I haven't seen it go the other ...

Independent Versus Full Time Employee
Sep 14, 2010

What is the benefit of working as an independent? Is the pay different? ...

When You Apply For Part Time Position...
Feb 06, 2014

do you list your current position on your resume? Thinking of leaving my current position off the list. ...

Part-time Transcription Opportunity In Mental Health Clinic/Bronx, NY
Sep 25, 2013

Wednesdays and Thursdays only. Must have medical terminology, knowledge of ICD-V codes, fast typing, Spanish speaking very helpful. Send resume to Samantha G. at 212-481-9582. ...

Part-time Radiology/psychiatry IC Position
Sep 09, 2010

Just curious if anyone has applied to and heard back from this company, or if anyone is familiar with the person doing the recruiting? TIA!!! ...

Amphion - Part-time Weekend Position
Sep 03, 2012

Anyone who works for Amphion or who has worked for them in the past, I was curious to know if the part-time weekend position at Amphion included the option of working Fridays, and if so, what time on Friday would be the earliest start time.  Thanks. ...

Do Laid Off Part Timers Get Severence Or Just Full Time
Apr 04, 2013

I think severence is just for full time but not sure. ...

I Am A Patient And A Part-time Of Employee Of The Same Doctor.
Dec 02, 2009

I have three jobs.  One full time, a part-time and a part-time (done only once a month). The once a month job is for done for my pcp (doctor).  I no longer have need for the job.  I hate to tell my own physician I no longer want to work for him because I feel as a patient he will not treat me the same.  Never mix business with business.  What can I do? ...

Can You Work For Two Different Companies Part-time As An Employee At Each?
Aug 22, 2011

nm ...

Part-time Employee Status With Benefits
Nov 21, 2011

Can anyone tell me if there are any medical transcription services that offer part-time employee status with benefits? Thanks. ...