A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Never knew Columbus Day was such a major holiday - wheres the work?

Posted: Oct 12, 2013

Did all the docs go out of town for the big Columbus Day celebrations?

ROFL! One time we were told work was slow because of the Super Bowl.. Nm - Shoot me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Last year they told us Halloween caused the - work shortage. Uh huh. RIGHT...

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Major holiday - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Canadaian Thanksgiving weekend.

Similar Messages:

Is Columbus Day A Holiday
Oct 12, 2009

Is Columbus Day a holiday at MQ - do we get paid time and a half today? ...

Is Columbus Day A Nuance Holiday?
Oct 04, 2012

Would like to know if I'm getting the massive 25% holiday increase on Monday.  My husband says "you know, most people get time and a half on holidays." Yes, but I work for Nuance! ...

Medquist - Columbus OH
Oct 22, 2010

Does anyone have any experience with Medquist in Columbus OH?  The hospital where I work is planning on using Medquist as their transcription service and having us become Medquist employees.  Anyone know what their wages are?  I see a lot of terribly negative info on them on the internet and I am not happy about this change.  The most of us have well over twenty years experience and am wondering how we would rate on their system?  Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.&n ...

MAJOR, MAJOR PROBLEMS This Morning With
Sep 11, 2010

Cannot get the voice to download all the way causing me to not finish report completely. ...

* Imedx And Major, Major Changes In 2 Weeks, Probably
Feb 14, 2015

Okay, let's sum it up: 1. Imedx hid information on losing more than one account for months, this is a fact. 2. Number one above is confirmed by Imedx having an acct going to EPIC, and a few days later 3 accounts that we "do not have access to anymore" as stated by manager. 3. Number two above did not say we lost, or Nuance took back, etc., just "no access." 4. In other words, work shifted to cheaper folks, we get that. 5. Lack of any emails in 2 weeks regarding what is going on is abso ...

Who Knew?
Jul 15, 2010

x ...

I Wish I Knew Why . . .
Mar 10, 2013

there are 74 late jobs in my area, yet I sit here with NJA.  It just doesn't make sense :( ...

I JUST KNEW IT!
Dec 24, 2013

File it under Damned if you do.... Yesterday I had a report where they mention THORACENTESIS twice.... but... hmmm... poor quality, can they be saying PLEUROCENTESIS? So, like an idiot I look up old reports from this patient and there, in both old reports it says THORACENTESIS so that's what I went with.... Waiting for me in this mornings EMAIL....DING, DING... ...

QC Audits I Never Knew About
Oct 14, 2009

Okay, I may be the last one to know this, but I thought the only QC audits I was getting were the ones showing up on the DQM QA Feedback screen where it says (1 unread) or (how many ever unread). When you click on them, if the report has been audited by your QC, it will have a percentage score.  But that's just for the reports you sent in with a blank. To see the ones randomly selected and audited, you have to use the QA Feedback Search feature and put in a date range. For example, I j ...

I Knew It Would Happen
Nov 25, 2009

I knew that sooner or later one of these Indian ESLs would revert back into speaking in their own tongue.  I suspected that before but it was just their way of speaking English.  I couldn't believe it when this guy today, midsentence, started talking in his Indian dialect.  He laughed at himself, embarassed, then continued in English.  I didn't find it funny. ...

I Wish We Knew How Many, If Any, Were Desperate Enough
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION AS WE ONCE KNEW IT
Dec 28, 2010

I have been looking at different boards and needed to post some answers to a few questions I read.    TRANSCRIPTION AS WE OR AS MOST OF US KNEW IT APPEARS TO BE GONE.  ONE DOES NOT NEED TO LOOK FAR TO SEE THE ATTEMPTS TO SELL COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL MTS A "BILL OF GOODS" OR ---- IN OUR FACES AND TELL US IT IS RAINING. YES OSI OUTSOURCES AND HAS FOR MANY YEARS.  TWO YEARS AGO WHEN SOME OF US WHO WORKED AT OSI ASKED ABOUT IT--WE WERE LIED TO BY THE COORDINATOR SAYING, "W ...

Oh Me, I Wish I Knew Who Decides Which Physicians To Put On
Jan 24, 2012

VR and which ones not to.  I'm very rapidly beginning to remember why I wasn't particularly fond of VR.  ...

I Sure Wish I Knew What It Is I'm Dong Wrong!!!!!!!
Jun 26, 2012

I've been applying only to in house positions for hospitals and clinics.  I refuse to work for any more MTSOs.  The job ads that occasionally come up that are close enough to commute to are few and far between.  In the last 4 years I've applied to quite a few of them, 3 since January this year. It's always the same old story:  "The job is filled" is what I'm always told.  Even for those 3 that granted me in-person interviews this year, it's alw ...

I Knew It. Our First HIPPA Lawsuit! Could Effect MT's.
Jan 26, 2010

I have GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS SWEAT SHOP SO CALLED PROFESSION!! Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal filed the lawsuit on January 12, 2010. In the complaint, Blumenthal alleges that last May a portable disk drive containing Personal Health Information (PHI), social security numbers, and bank account numbers from about 1.5 million customers disappeared while in transit between Connecticut and California. The company did not inform any gover ...

Any Experience Or Knew Anything About InScribe?
Mar 09, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or knew anything about InScribe? Is it a good company to work for? For the past month, I have been contacted a couple of times saying I would either be sent information about openings and also that someone would be calling me to help me get started, and neither one has happened. Is  this typical?    ...

Well, I Knew It Would Happen...This Job Is Literally A Pain...
Apr 19, 2012

I have noticed that my right index finger is a little bigger than the left, feeling a little tender, not real painful yet.  I measured them and sure enough it IS bigger.  Great, does this mean I'm getting arthritis or something?  In my late 40s--am I old enough for this?  Probably.   I just hope this doesn't get any worse.  I'll be in big trouble.   I had to drop my medical insurance.  And if I can't work, I don't know w ...

I Knew It Would Happen To Me Sooner Or Later…
Feb 01, 2012

I just need to vent…. I’ve been working part time as an IC for a hospital in the Midwest for about 10 months now. They actually found my resume online and contacted me.   I was already working 2 other part time jobs which really took up a lot of my time, but of course, not much money involved, so I decided to take it.    I did all the training and caught on very quickly.  In the beginning, I was able to work whenever I wanted since work was plentiful. ...

Major Help Please!
Jul 20, 2010

The word is "hyerekplexia" or is it "hyperkeplexia" ???????  My Stedman's keeps sayingit is hyperekplexia and the doctor keeps correcting me with hyperkeplexia. And on the off chance that I am correct, do I just change it to what he wants and let it go?    ...

Major Changes - What Next
Dec 09, 2013

Hi All. Hope you are healthy and doing well in general. I'm new to posting on this site, though have been following it for years, receiving some invaluable information and tips. Thank you for that. Recently, however, I've been faced with upcoming termination in a few months due to my current employer's decision to outsource to Amphion. I know very little about this company, though from what I am learning it sounds like MTs are earning anywhere from 8-14 dollars per hour. Can anyon ...

OK I Have A Major Issue At TTS - Anyone Else?
May 07, 2010

I work for a company whose initials are TTS.  I was told that QA works on editing and transcribing too and QA has the ability to assign work to themselves.  In other words not only do they take work away from the MT but they can choose which work/dictators they want to do.  Isn't this a conflict of interest?   I know other companies do not allow double dipping but it was confirmed to me TTS does this and that the QA people have the ability to pick and cho ...

Wmx/Nuance -- Any Major Changes?
Aug 22, 2011

Have there been any major changes in benefits/wages, etc. since the buyout?  ...

Major Brain Fog
Jul 03, 2012

Okay ladies, do you ever have a case of brain fog?  I've had it for the last 2 days. I have it at this very moment! For some reason, doctors I usually have no trouble with sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown, and things I *know* are simple are escaping my comprehension. Do I need more vitamins? Clean my ears? Am I just sick of this s***?  ...

Major Errors?
May 28, 2013

Does anyone else run into this? I get all these major error reports from Fiesa, all of a sudden, one after another, with errors that I know, after 15 years of doing this job, I would not have made. I know with certainty that these errors would not escape me.  Anyone else get this kind of BS? ...

Another Major Error
Jul 29, 2013

Thought I was going to make it through today with no Major error but no such luck.  I typed "There are" and they heard "The"  Trust me either way the sentence says the same thing and in no way changes the meaning of the sentence so I get dinged a major error for this.  I really hope these quality people get good bonuses for these type things.  Just another major error to add to my very long list.  More in the last 2 weeks then in my entire career of being a transcription ...

Am I The Only One Getting Major Alerts Almost Every Day???
Aug 25, 2013

It seems like every morning when I check my email there is at least one major alert in my box - no critical - but always something that they are complaining about.  The one today was completely ridiculous, I don't want to be too specific just in case they read this board but I did what they said I didn't do.  Going to contest but so maddening!!!  It seems the harder I try the more they just pick me apart about stuff. ...

Anybody Else Getting A Lot Of Major Errors QC1 Lately?
Oct 06, 2013

I know these don't count towards bonuses etc but it still unnerves me to open my email nearly every day and seeing these stupid alerts with my percentage in the tank.  Some of them I take full credit for others I dispute but it still shakes me up so therefore some of the mistakes I make is just because I am nervous about literally everything I type.  ...

Got Another MAJOR Error....
Jun 11, 2014

.....for missing a pronoun at the begininng of a sentence... Symptoms started instead of His symptoms started....major error?  I think not.  Minus 1.0 whole point for me! There is no consistency in the grading of reports.  And again I say, this is a subjective error...someone heard it, I did not and it does not matter anyway.  Doctors do not dictate complete sentences all the time. Not to mention the fact that this NP dictator is ALL over the place...go back here, change ...

Major Error - R U Serious?
Jun 23, 2014

These FIESA fiends gave me a major error for leaving out the word "includes" after a header.  It's all I can do to do this job these days with my son seriously ill.  The last thing I need is this incessant nit-picking. ...

How Is This A Major Error?
Aug 04, 2014

radiology. Electrocardiogram shows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is radiology. She had electrocardiogramshows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is ?????? From the BS doctor (those are his initials) who is a horrible ESL dictator that I spend a lot of time straight typing--waste of my time.    ...