A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I knew it would happen - poodlepassion

Posted: Nov 25, 2009

I knew that sooner or later one of these Indian ESLs would revert back into speaking in their own tongue.  I suspected that before but it was just their way of speaking English.  I couldn't believe it when this guy today, midsentence, started talking in his Indian dialect.  He laughed at himself, embarassed, then continued in English.  I didn't find it funny.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often! nightmares - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

now, come on, that's funny, at least he is bilingual! No flaming!...nm - lol

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Well, I Knew It Would Happen...This Job Is Literally A Pain...
Apr 19, 2012

I have noticed that my right index finger is a little bigger than the left, feeling a little tender, not real painful yet.  I measured them and sure enough it IS bigger.  Great, does this mean I'm getting arthritis or something?  In my late 40s--am I old enough for this?  Probably.   I just hope this doesn't get any worse.  I'll be in big trouble.   I had to drop my medical insurance.  And if I can't work, I don't know w ...

I Knew It Would Happen To Me Sooner Or Later…
Feb 01, 2012

I just need to vent…. I’ve been working part time as an IC for a hospital in the Midwest for about 10 months now. They actually found my resume online and contacted me.   I was already working 2 other part time jobs which really took up a lot of my time, but of course, not much money involved, so I decided to take it.    I did all the training and caught on very quickly.  In the beginning, I was able to work whenever I wanted since work was plentiful. ...

Who Knew?
Jul 15, 2010

x ...

I Wish I Knew Why . . .
Mar 10, 2013

there are 74 late jobs in my area, yet I sit here with NJA.  It just doesn't make sense :( ...

I JUST KNEW IT!
Dec 24, 2013

File it under Damned if you do.... Yesterday I had a report where they mention THORACENTESIS twice.... but... hmmm... poor quality, can they be saying PLEUROCENTESIS? So, like an idiot I look up old reports from this patient and there, in both old reports it says THORACENTESIS so that's what I went with.... Waiting for me in this mornings EMAIL....DING, DING... ...

QC Audits I Never Knew About
Oct 14, 2009

Okay, I may be the last one to know this, but I thought the only QC audits I was getting were the ones showing up on the DQM QA Feedback screen where it says (1 unread) or (how many ever unread). When you click on them, if the report has been audited by your QC, it will have a percentage score.  But that's just for the reports you sent in with a blank. To see the ones randomly selected and audited, you have to use the QA Feedback Search feature and put in a date range. For example, I j ...

I Wish We Knew How Many, If Any, Were Desperate Enough
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION AS WE ONCE KNEW IT
Dec 28, 2010

I have been looking at different boards and needed to post some answers to a few questions I read.    TRANSCRIPTION AS WE OR AS MOST OF US KNEW IT APPEARS TO BE GONE.  ONE DOES NOT NEED TO LOOK FAR TO SEE THE ATTEMPTS TO SELL COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL MTS A "BILL OF GOODS" OR ---- IN OUR FACES AND TELL US IT IS RAINING. YES OSI OUTSOURCES AND HAS FOR MANY YEARS.  TWO YEARS AGO WHEN SOME OF US WHO WORKED AT OSI ASKED ABOUT IT--WE WERE LIED TO BY THE COORDINATOR SAYING, "W ...

Oh Me, I Wish I Knew Who Decides Which Physicians To Put On
Jan 24, 2012

VR and which ones not to.  I'm very rapidly beginning to remember why I wasn't particularly fond of VR.  ...

I Sure Wish I Knew What It Is I'm Dong Wrong!!!!!!!
Jun 26, 2012

I've been applying only to in house positions for hospitals and clinics.  I refuse to work for any more MTSOs.  The job ads that occasionally come up that are close enough to commute to are few and far between.  In the last 4 years I've applied to quite a few of them, 3 since January this year. It's always the same old story:  "The job is filled" is what I'm always told.  Even for those 3 that granted me in-person interviews this year, it's alw ...

I Knew It. Our First HIPPA Lawsuit! Could Effect MT's.
Jan 26, 2010

I have GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS SWEAT SHOP SO CALLED PROFESSION!! Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal filed the lawsuit on January 12, 2010. In the complaint, Blumenthal alleges that last May a portable disk drive containing Personal Health Information (PHI), social security numbers, and bank account numbers from about 1.5 million customers disappeared while in transit between Connecticut and California. The company did not inform any gover ...

Any Experience Or Knew Anything About InScribe?
Mar 09, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or knew anything about InScribe? Is it a good company to work for? For the past month, I have been contacted a couple of times saying I would either be sent information about openings and also that someone would be calling me to help me get started, and neither one has happened. Is  this typical?    ...

Never Knew Columbus Day Was Such A Major Holiday
Oct 12, 2013

Did all the docs go out of town for the big Columbus Day celebrations? ...

Has Anyone Ever Had This Happen?
Apr 01, 2010

Pass your transcription test and have the recruiter say that she will call you at a certain time for an interview and then never call? ...

Has Anyone Had This Happen.....
Nov 12, 2010

Hi, don't know if this is the right place to ask, but two mornings in a row, I have received this in my Hotmail "junk" mail box.  It says "Private Notice" and the subject line says "YOU'RE DEAD."  Of course I haven't opened these and sent them directly to "delete."  Does anyone know if there's a new virus or worm or something going around like this?  Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?  I've googled and checked Norton and McAfe ...

Anybody Have This Happen?
Mar 11, 2011

It seems like I am always changed to a different account whenever we have an incentive program going on. Is that their way of telling me they do not want me to make any extra money, not that I make much now, LOL. ...

Does This Happen To You...
Jan 23, 2012

You see a job listing, and when you click on it and read the description you think, "Hey, I can do that!"  You even think or know that you would enjoy doing that kind of work. Then you register and begin the online application process.  It's 29 pages, with every single detail about your jobs for the past 10 years REQUIRED/MANDATORY fields! You either begin the process with good intentions, but after a while you have a headache and tire of it so give up and either aband ...

Ever Happen To Anyone Else?
Jan 28, 2012

I edited a report in which I changed leukoesterase to leuk esterase, however, when I went to upload, spellcheck found "leukoesterase" which no longer was visible in the report (at least not what was on my screen!).  I went back in and deleted the whole word, then put it in again as two separate distinct words and that time, spellcheck accepted it.   But what worries me is does this occur other times?  Are our edits somehow NOT being recognized on the other end?  Heaven know ...

What Is Going To Happen To Me If My QA Is 99.3%
Apr 24, 2012

I have never had this much trouble before doing my job.  I will have 99% on those FIESA and then 1 report will be a C and my QA averages out to a "C" 99.3%.  What happens if I never get a score higher than that?  Fire me?   Cool beans!  Need a vacation anyway !!!    Seriously, what the hell is this QC crap?   How can FEISA be A, B or sometimes a C and the QC score is super low???? I think it's just so they don't have to pay bonuse ...

Does Anyone Happen To Know The Name Of The
May 16, 2012

person who owns Fast Chart?  I am going to report the things that have been going on to them. Of course, I tried that at another place (DSG) and it did no good.  Not one good place to work anymore:(( ...

How Did This Happen.....
Sep 05, 2012

How did we get to this point? I have been an MT for 35 years and how did we let our profession turn into the slave labor it has become. This used to be a great job, good pay and well respected. I read these boards and see all the complaints about low pay, no pay, no work, etc. and it makes me physically ill. But, I also know nothing will change if WE collectively do not demand and force change. I know people need their jobs and need money, I do too but at what cost? How long will we allow t ...

Wonder What Would Happen
Feb 09, 2013

Now I'll admit it would be a lot less interesting, but at least it wouldn't be so volatile all the time.  Sometimes I leave here just feeling like crap, even when I'm not involved, just from reading all the fighting going on. ...

Does This Happen With Anyone Else?
Feb 18, 2014

I've always been one of the ones who has been fairly comfortable with my job performance ... I'm a high producer and have always passed all my audits so I'm one that comes here to give support, and offer tips when they're warranted.  But, I just failed my last audit and now my confidence is completely shaken.  Before I log on to work I get butterflies, and feel a wave of "dread" come over me that makes me want to never log on to this company again.  I know ... ...

What Would Happen If?
Apr 17, 2014

I wonder what would happen if I didn't answer any emails anymore? I've been questioning my QC person about what I've been finding on feedback and got back a rather snarky e-mail about how I should know certain things, etc. How can I know when I get dinged for doing something by one person and dinged by another person for doing the same thing correctly? Can anyone who is QA tell WHY aren't you all on the same page. Everyone of you dings differently. Don't you have co ...

So What's Gonna Happen To All The MME's?
Mar 03, 2010

Has anyone heard, been given notice, going back to MT'ing?? ...

Company Pay, This Ever Happen To Anyone Else?
Mar 19, 2010

So, I NEED a job!  I have one, but we are ALWAYS out of work and I need some supplemental income.  I apply for a full-time job (other job is IC) and it is Monday through Friday, full benefits, etc.  He ASKS me to tell him what I plan to make and I know lately everyone seems to be wanting to pay no more than 8 cpl and I WANTED the Monday through Friday, any hours, etc that the job offered, so I told him 8 cpl with spaces.  You know what?  He emails me back and says great, ...

I Did Not Want Lockdown To Happen,
Jul 15, 2010

My group is not in lockdown yet.  I have been dreading it.  It seems like chaos and this was making me want to quit.  Although, these last 2 weeks, I have been on the other side where people have been jumping on and taking my work.  Just found out that some MT's are supposed to work 12-24 hours a week and instead, they have been putting in anywhere from 28-48 hours in ONE week.  I work in the evenings and kept running out of work at 11PM!!!  What?  Just m ...

I Said It Woudn't Happen But...
Feb 28, 2011

We were just informed that our facility is considering sending as much of 80% of its coding to India to cut costs.  They would keep only the most difficult work here in the US.  And so the downhill slide appears to be beginning.   Our company has informed us that most new clients are asking for an offshore option so as to cut the costs of coding.  I guess it is on to something new once again!  ...

Well It Was Bound To Happen.
May 21, 2012

Well I've been reading about it. Looks like it might happen in my neck of the woods now.  I work in a radiology department in a hospital where I get a semi-decent hourly wage plus incentive pay and it turns out to be a pretty decent job for me. We are short-staffed due to the inability to find qualified help or even just "trainable help" these days. I just got word that if we cannot keep up with our workload, it will be outsourced. My boss just told me within the last six months and s ...

Did Something Happen To MTDesk?
Dec 07, 2012

very long time.  When I checked it out today, it seemed like all the posts were really old.  Maybe I was doing something wrong.  ...