A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QC Audits I never knew about - Foz

Posted: Oct 14, 2009

Okay, I may be the last one to know this, but I thought the only QC audits I was getting were the ones showing up on the DQM QA Feedback screen where it says (1 unread) or (how many ever unread). When you click on them, if the report has been audited by your QC, it will have a percentage score.  But that's just for the reports you sent in with a blank. To see the ones randomly selected and audited, you have to use the QA Feedback Search feature and put in a date range. For example, I just put in date range of this month and found 2 reports that had been audited and I didn't even know about.

Like I said, you may be saying DUH! Everybody knows that, but I wanted to share it in case I wasn't the only one!

Thanks for the Info - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]

I didn't know about this, either. Must be a new thing since August -- that is where my first one showed up. I believe those are done by the MME people. Then in September I had 2 by the MME people, but was audited for 7 more by my QATL [or whatever their acronym is now]. So far in October, nada.

I think the MME people do what is called a "review," whereas the QATL does an actual audit and it is counted.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

QC audits - MTAL

[ In Reply To ..]
Once you do the search, where did you see which report was audited? TIA!

From a DUH - Mike

[ In Reply To ..]
I just followed your instructions and got my percentage score and other information!

This is great a great tool to keep on top of everything.

Thanks!

Similar Messages:

Who Knew?
Jul 15, 2010

x ...

I Wish I Knew Why . . .
Mar 10, 2013

there are 74 late jobs in my area, yet I sit here with NJA.  It just doesn't make sense :( ...

I JUST KNEW IT!
Dec 24, 2013

File it under Damned if you do.... Yesterday I had a report where they mention THORACENTESIS twice.... but... hmmm... poor quality, can they be saying PLEUROCENTESIS? So, like an idiot I look up old reports from this patient and there, in both old reports it says THORACENTESIS so that's what I went with.... Waiting for me in this mornings EMAIL....DING, DING... ...

I Knew It Would Happen
Nov 25, 2009

I knew that sooner or later one of these Indian ESLs would revert back into speaking in their own tongue.  I suspected that before but it was just their way of speaking English.  I couldn't believe it when this guy today, midsentence, started talking in his Indian dialect.  He laughed at himself, embarassed, then continued in English.  I didn't find it funny. ...

I Wish We Knew How Many, If Any, Were Desperate Enough
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION AS WE ONCE KNEW IT
Dec 28, 2010

I have been looking at different boards and needed to post some answers to a few questions I read.    TRANSCRIPTION AS WE OR AS MOST OF US KNEW IT APPEARS TO BE GONE.  ONE DOES NOT NEED TO LOOK FAR TO SEE THE ATTEMPTS TO SELL COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL MTS A "BILL OF GOODS" OR ---- IN OUR FACES AND TELL US IT IS RAINING. YES OSI OUTSOURCES AND HAS FOR MANY YEARS.  TWO YEARS AGO WHEN SOME OF US WHO WORKED AT OSI ASKED ABOUT IT--WE WERE LIED TO BY THE COORDINATOR SAYING, "W ...

Oh Me, I Wish I Knew Who Decides Which Physicians To Put On
Jan 24, 2012

VR and which ones not to.  I'm very rapidly beginning to remember why I wasn't particularly fond of VR.  ...

I Sure Wish I Knew What It Is I'm Dong Wrong!!!!!!!
Jun 26, 2012

I've been applying only to in house positions for hospitals and clinics.  I refuse to work for any more MTSOs.  The job ads that occasionally come up that are close enough to commute to are few and far between.  In the last 4 years I've applied to quite a few of them, 3 since January this year. It's always the same old story:  "The job is filled" is what I'm always told.  Even for those 3 that granted me in-person interviews this year, it's alw ...

I Knew It. Our First HIPPA Lawsuit! Could Effect MT's.
Jan 26, 2010

I have GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS SWEAT SHOP SO CALLED PROFESSION!! Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal filed the lawsuit on January 12, 2010. In the complaint, Blumenthal alleges that last May a portable disk drive containing Personal Health Information (PHI), social security numbers, and bank account numbers from about 1.5 million customers disappeared while in transit between Connecticut and California. The company did not inform any gover ...

Any Experience Or Knew Anything About InScribe?
Mar 09, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or knew anything about InScribe? Is it a good company to work for? For the past month, I have been contacted a couple of times saying I would either be sent information about openings and also that someone would be calling me to help me get started, and neither one has happened. Is  this typical?    ...

Well, I Knew It Would Happen...This Job Is Literally A Pain...
Apr 19, 2012

I have noticed that my right index finger is a little bigger than the left, feeling a little tender, not real painful yet.  I measured them and sure enough it IS bigger.  Great, does this mean I'm getting arthritis or something?  In my late 40s--am I old enough for this?  Probably.   I just hope this doesn't get any worse.  I'll be in big trouble.   I had to drop my medical insurance.  And if I can't work, I don't know w ...

Never Knew Columbus Day Was Such A Major Holiday
Oct 12, 2013

Did all the docs go out of town for the big Columbus Day celebrations? ...

I Knew It Would Happen To Me Sooner Or Later…
Feb 01, 2012

I just need to vent…. I’ve been working part time as an IC for a hospital in the Midwest for about 10 months now. They actually found my resume online and contacted me.   I was already working 2 other part time jobs which really took up a lot of my time, but of course, not much money involved, so I decided to take it.    I did all the training and caught on very quickly.  In the beginning, I was able to work whenever I wanted since work was plentiful. ...

Audits/qa
Dec 03, 2009

Can somebody tell me what this audit/QA procedure is now?  I'm so confused with when they are done, how many reports are done, etc., etc.  I had been told earlier that 5 reports would be randomly pulled monthly and checked.  You would be notified you had been audited and the results.  If you passed, another 5 would be done the next month and so on.  If you didn't pass the audit, then a redo audit within 7-14 days would be done on another 5 random reports.  ...

Audits??
May 19, 2010

Does anyone else get QAs that were not turned in for a blank with percentages on them, but no audit reports stating that you have been audited? ...

TT Audits
May 10, 2011

Does anyone know how often TT does audits?  The last one I got was pretty nitpicky.  If my score goes lower, it will be probably unacceptable.  Do they fire you for that?  ...

Anyone Still Getting Qa Audits?
Jan 29, 2013

I am still getting QA audits.  One acct I am on audits once a week by contract. Wondered if anyone else is still getting QA feedback or is it quality in the dumper. ...

Audits - Huh?
Feb 04, 2015

I don't understand how auditing works.  Two of my reports were reviewed, and in each case, a word I had puit in had a line through it, but then it was replaced with the same exact word!  For that, I got marked off, getting only 99.50% or 99.75%.  I wish there was a way we could give direct feedback to the auditors at the time we're viewing our reports. ...

I Keep Going From 100% Audits To 98.7 Or 98.8
Feb 04, 2015

every week I will either get a "Congratulations, GREAT job- You are an excellent MT - I'm so glad to have you on my team! or a "Your quality is unacceptable at 98.7 (or whatever--it's always at least 98%)...you will need to take the Care Boost Quality class.  Jeesh.  What it is?  Am I a great MT or am I a failure of an MT who needs quality classes?  Make up your mind!!  Either leave me alone to do my job (yes do alert me of my mistakes, but if it's a simpl ...

Just Got Our Audits
Feb 12, 2015

Luckily, I dodged a bullet, but was reading through the auditor's comments for other MTs  - This is a 0.25 error??!!?? Really? Typed: H and H is stable.   Auditor:  H and H are stable. ...

QA Audits
Mar 18, 2015

:(   I have tried to give the QA program the benefit of the doubt, thinking it was being done fairly, rewarding us for near perfect QA scores.  I have managed to keep my QA score above 99% every week until last week.  Before last week, I normally have 8 to 11 reports pulled for audit, some short, some long.  Last week I had 1 critical, 1 major, and 2 minor mistakes which dropped me down to no bonus pay.  Not faulting anyone for that, totally my mistakes, legitimate errors.  But....once th ...

Anyone Been On PM Lately Over Audits?
Apr 03, 2015

I have only had 3 audits in 2-1/2 years. Even though I received notice of scores of 99.6 or 99.7, I did not receive any account of what my mistakes were to produce those scores. A comma? A hyphen? Not sure. They should let us know in case we keep doing it, and that could cause us to fail an audit in the future. Just think, a comma, a hyphen, Patient instead of The patient, his elbow instead of the elbow, etc. could actually cost you your job, your income, and your whole way of life. Sca ...

I Never Knew "thru" Was A Word
Jun 06, 2013

ASR printed "thru" in a couple places where it really should have been through.  I always thought it was slang, but looked it up and apparently its a word but used very rarely and "considered out of place outside the most informal contexts."  Why oh why is ASR deciding to use it?  Is there an MT out there that ASR decided to become attached to or do the techs who program ASR really bored?  They should pick just a few of the best MTs for each BOB, those who all have similar st ...

Just Wondering... Audits
Dec 02, 2009

Just wondering if a transcriptionist with too many years of experience to tell fails an audit, then how are these India MTs keeping their jobs.  Are they passing their audits?  I just have a hard time believing that they are.  ...

This Silly Audits
Apr 15, 2010

This is silly Not only do we need to follow CP guidelines but BOS and then DocQscribe standards. So even if you have the first 2, the third will get you audit.    Why can't they spend the money and create one set of rules to follow and be done with it.  We work on production now.  checking on previous dictated reports and then double checking guidelines from all three areas ??  and when you send in a blank now I am also being questioned about the audio etc.&nb ...

OMG, QA Audits Gone Horribly Bad
May 28, 2010

I got CRITICAL errors on audit for things like:  I typed "I used a translator telephone..." (that is what I heard) and the person auditing changed "a translator telephone" to "the translator telephone" (I suppose she heard "the" instead of "a"). In the physical exam portion of one report, the dictator used "was" throughout except for one time he said "is" and so I changed it to "was" to make it consistent and got a critical error for that. Please tell me how these are critica ...

Feedback, Audits, Etc
May 28, 2010

With all the recent ridiculous corrections everyone's been getting, it might be a good idea to keep a record of the name of MME/QA who reviewed the reports.  If an MME/QA is consistently abusing you/us, at least you will know who to complain about to your CCM about.  ...

How Are The QA Audits Going At TT? Who's Left?
Oct 22, 2010

Since September, they've been looking for a total of 76 MTs. Are the audits over for another month or so and how many are gone over those audits?  Any long term TTers left? I haven't seen anything posted on this board since the beginning of October. I remember when someone was sued over a post and was wondering who won that case? Is TT still a good place to work? Thanks, ...

Does Anybody Else Think That MQ Just Does Want Us To Not Pass Audits?
Oct 27, 2010

Does it seem like no matter what you do it is not good enough? Here lately it seems like they only audit the worst dictator. The only reports they have audited for me lately have been ESLs lately. Maybe that is their way of trying to get rid of me. Maybe they want to thin the herd and just send it all to India. I just hope to find something soon outside of MT. I have been looking.   ...

TT Audits And Work.
Oct 31, 2010

I'd like to say I have had to learn accounts on my own and have had to cross reference many, many times.  Yes, I have seen blanks where if someone had taken the time to hunt for the word, it would have helped me also, but for the most part with what we have to work with, I have seen words that are highly inaudible by many, many doctors with bad dictation and yet what was typed was a wonder we could make anything out of it.  I have seen no help from the hospitals themselves as ...