A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I wish we knew how many, if any, were desperate enough - to go with Mercedes!

Posted: Sep 10, 2014

d

i hope - not one single person (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
X

What was sad was the first person chosen to ask questions yesterday... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
expressed her enthusiasm for signing Mercedes contract without any hesitancy at all. Seemed like she couldn't have been happier to sign.

Sad.

I bet I know who it is. - Not me!!

[ In Reply To ..]
d
A "real" person - or a bait troll?
[ In Reply To ..]
Lol!
Yep, a real person. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
dd

She may be happy now, but what she doesn't - (sm) - Layla

[ In Reply To ..]
realize is, Mercedes (snooty name, by the way) doesn't really want any of you. They want your ACCOUNTS. There was probably some sort of a deal made between them and your current company to offer you "jobs" in order to save either of them having to pay for unemployment benefits. And those they DO hire obviously are naive enough to think they're going to be able to live on what they plan to pay you. They'll only keep those employees until they get the new accounts up to speed, then they'll be switched over to something new and hideous, and will be nitpicked until they quit, so they can send it all offshore.

These days it's hard to believe there even IS any employee at your current job who would be "happy" to join Mercedes. More likely, this invisible "caller" in the conference call was a company plant.
None of us are *employees,* we're all IC's! No unemployment bennies. - OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
d

Who could possibly be excited about a 50% pay cut? - LongtimeMT

[ In Reply To ..]
My opinion is that "caller" just had to be a "company plant." Because I don't know ANYONE (MT or in any other industry for that matter) who would be enthusiastic about getting their pay cut by 50%. A person would have to be insane to be excited about doing the same work but now at only half the pay.
Bingo. You got that right. - no msg
[ In Reply To ..]

If you turn down their offer - can you draw UE?

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious?

No - not if you're an IC. You have to be a laid off employee to claim - UE

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Ah! Okay, didnt realize they were ICs - TY (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
xd
unemployment - cindy
[ In Reply To ..]
I collected it a year after being let go from a major company, but I was an employee. I you have worked at a job within a year to 16 or 18 months before this job you can collect it it just won't be as much. I worked for about a year as a CNA and then when my job ran out of work as an IC CNA I tried to collect unemployment and they go back and make you list the jobs you have had and I collected it from my previous job. That's the good thing about being an employee.

That is not always so - pays to file

[ In Reply To ..]
In some states, especially if you can show you were more of an employee than a contractor, you will get UE if you are a contractor. You have nothing to lose by filing. Worst case is you get denied. Best is you are approved.

Similar Messages:

Desperate..
Feb 01, 2010

I am working for a supposedly "good company" as employee and thus far, no complaints from anyone... boss, QA, etc. I am not getting work, its trickling in and when inquiring, all I get is "we are slow." What would you do?  I am used to being an IC, but took employee status as there is just nothing out there and different company experiences in looking for an IC position in the past year have been very troubling, to say the least. I am being polite here in describing this scenario. ...

Is This Desperate Or What???
Sep 05, 2010

Okay, get this!  About 9 months ago, I was sending out resumes, etc looking for a different position (I used to work for Spheris but bailed when things started going bad, thank god!).  Anyway, since then I have received about 3 emails from the Q regarding employment, in which I did not respond as I have found a position I am happy with.  The other day they actually CALLED and asked if I was still interested in a position with them.  It took all I had not to actually laugh in ...

Desperate For Help
Mar 16, 2012

I'm an MModal employee, I have been laid up with horrible bronchitis all week and now my computer has crashed (using roomie's laptop now).  Problem is, I don't have any of the login info to get to my email.  Can someone please give me the addy so I can get to my Mmodal email? Thank you, thank you, thank you!   ...

TTS Looks Like It Is Getting Desperate-- Lol
Mar 14, 2014

They need to start paying a decent wage and not be so dang picky about QA.  This place is a horrible place to work....   ...

Desperate For Information!
Nov 29, 2010

I am an MT with 15+ years experience. Had to leave the field to be a caregiver for several years and now, 5 years later, want to return to working. From what I am reading, I am out of luck. I've searched high and low trying to find out about refresher courses or what I would need to do to get back into the field. It seems most companies want anywhere from 1 to 5 years of RECENT experience. Does anyone know if there is a way that I can brush up on my skills or any helpful input? It is really ...

They Gotta Be Getting Desperate
Feb 16, 2012

After not being audited since last August, I just received an audit.  Do you suppose it was because I went over my CCM's head and complained to her supervisor about not hearing from her regarding the loss of a 10 minute report when DQS went down?  I thought they were going to slam me but, lo and behold, a near-perfect audit.  They gotta be getting desperate for MTs who can transcribe this crap and make it even moderately coherent.  Next time I think I'll leave profu ...

TransTech Must Be Getting Desperate
May 12, 2014

A friend of mine applied at TransTech a while back and she was told at that time that she did not pass the test.  Well, she just called me and told me that she just got a call from them this morning offering her a job anyway, which she respectfully declined.  I guess no one wants to work for them anymore if they're now resorting to offering positions to people who didn't even pass their test! ...

Desperate For Help With DocQScribe Issues
Apr 22, 2011

For almost a year now, I've had problems with DocQScribe off and on, fortunately only about 10% of the time I'm on it.  But when these problems hit, they are so severe I can't work.  DocQScibe "sticks", won't back up, and the audio keeps playing even when I take my foot off the pedal.   It cuts my ability to produce to less than half, as I'm wrestling with DocQScribe more than transcribing.  NOBODY has been able to help me with this.  I' ...

Who Knew?
Jul 15, 2010

x ...

I Wish I Knew Why . . .
Mar 10, 2013

there are 74 late jobs in my area, yet I sit here with NJA.  It just doesn't make sense :( ...

I JUST KNEW IT!
Dec 24, 2013

File it under Damned if you do.... Yesterday I had a report where they mention THORACENTESIS twice.... but... hmmm... poor quality, can they be saying PLEUROCENTESIS? So, like an idiot I look up old reports from this patient and there, in both old reports it says THORACENTESIS so that's what I went with.... Waiting for me in this mornings EMAIL....DING, DING... ...

Desperate Softscript Now Running Weekly Ads
May 03, 2013

They used to have the best ads in the business with funny pictures run biweekly, but it is a company going downhill. Expect to see daily ads, because their editor/auditor organization is cracking up, too. I am glad I took my friend's advice not to apply. ...

Desperate Need Of Part-time Employment
Jan 07, 2014

I am looking for something part time, like 15 hours a week. If anybody can message me and let me know of what companies can get me tested and hired soon, that would be great. Also, it is a definite to avoid companies with issues, especially those who don't pay. I know, all companies have issues. I work part-time as a teacher's aide and really thought they would have me full time by now. Well, they don't and I'm getting in a hole I can't climb out of without a second job. ...

QC Audits I Never Knew About
Oct 14, 2009

Okay, I may be the last one to know this, but I thought the only QC audits I was getting were the ones showing up on the DQM QA Feedback screen where it says (1 unread) or (how many ever unread). When you click on them, if the report has been audited by your QC, it will have a percentage score.  But that's just for the reports you sent in with a blank. To see the ones randomly selected and audited, you have to use the QA Feedback Search feature and put in a date range. For example, I j ...

I Knew It Would Happen
Nov 25, 2009

I knew that sooner or later one of these Indian ESLs would revert back into speaking in their own tongue.  I suspected that before but it was just their way of speaking English.  I couldn't believe it when this guy today, midsentence, started talking in his Indian dialect.  He laughed at himself, embarassed, then continued in English.  I didn't find it funny. ...

MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION AS WE ONCE KNEW IT
Dec 28, 2010

I have been looking at different boards and needed to post some answers to a few questions I read.    TRANSCRIPTION AS WE OR AS MOST OF US KNEW IT APPEARS TO BE GONE.  ONE DOES NOT NEED TO LOOK FAR TO SEE THE ATTEMPTS TO SELL COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL MTS A "BILL OF GOODS" OR ---- IN OUR FACES AND TELL US IT IS RAINING. YES OSI OUTSOURCES AND HAS FOR MANY YEARS.  TWO YEARS AGO WHEN SOME OF US WHO WORKED AT OSI ASKED ABOUT IT--WE WERE LIED TO BY THE COORDINATOR SAYING, "W ...

Oh Me, I Wish I Knew Who Decides Which Physicians To Put On
Jan 24, 2012

VR and which ones not to.  I'm very rapidly beginning to remember why I wasn't particularly fond of VR.  ...

I Sure Wish I Knew What It Is I'm Dong Wrong!!!!!!!
Jun 26, 2012

I've been applying only to in house positions for hospitals and clinics.  I refuse to work for any more MTSOs.  The job ads that occasionally come up that are close enough to commute to are few and far between.  In the last 4 years I've applied to quite a few of them, 3 since January this year. It's always the same old story:  "The job is filled" is what I'm always told.  Even for those 3 that granted me in-person interviews this year, it's alw ...

Very Desperate For Word 2010 Or 2007 NOT Student/academic
Mar 20, 2012

I Knew It. Our First HIPPA Lawsuit! Could Effect MT's.
Jan 26, 2010

I have GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS SWEAT SHOP SO CALLED PROFESSION!! Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal filed the lawsuit on January 12, 2010. In the complaint, Blumenthal alleges that last May a portable disk drive containing Personal Health Information (PHI), social security numbers, and bank account numbers from about 1.5 million customers disappeared while in transit between Connecticut and California. The company did not inform any gover ...

Any Experience Or Knew Anything About InScribe?
Mar 09, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or knew anything about InScribe? Is it a good company to work for? For the past month, I have been contacted a couple of times saying I would either be sent information about openings and also that someone would be calling me to help me get started, and neither one has happened. Is  this typical?    ...

Well, I Knew It Would Happen...This Job Is Literally A Pain...
Apr 19, 2012

I have noticed that my right index finger is a little bigger than the left, feeling a little tender, not real painful yet.  I measured them and sure enough it IS bigger.  Great, does this mean I'm getting arthritis or something?  In my late 40s--am I old enough for this?  Probably.   I just hope this doesn't get any worse.  I'll be in big trouble.   I had to drop my medical insurance.  And if I can't work, I don't know w ...

Never Knew Columbus Day Was Such A Major Holiday
Oct 12, 2013

Did all the docs go out of town for the big Columbus Day celebrations? ...

I Knew It Would Happen To Me Sooner Or Later…
Feb 01, 2012

I just need to vent…. I’ve been working part time as an IC for a hospital in the Midwest for about 10 months now. They actually found my resume online and contacted me.   I was already working 2 other part time jobs which really took up a lot of my time, but of course, not much money involved, so I decided to take it.    I did all the training and caught on very quickly.  In the beginning, I was able to work whenever I wanted since work was plentiful. ...

I Never Knew "thru" Was A Word
Jun 06, 2013

ASR printed "thru" in a couple places where it really should have been through.  I always thought it was slang, but looked it up and apparently its a word but used very rarely and "considered out of place outside the most informal contexts."  Why oh why is ASR deciding to use it?  Is there an MT out there that ASR decided to become attached to or do the techs who program ASR really bored?  They should pick just a few of the best MTs for each BOB, those who all have similar st ...