A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is Columbus Day a holiday - anon

Posted: Oct 12, 2009

Is Columbus Day a holiday at MQ - do we get paid time and a half today?

No it is not a holiday. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

??????????? Who do you know that considers - No.

[ In Reply To ..]
Columbus Day a holiday????

Kids are home for it - Umm....

[ In Reply To ..]
Who considers it a holiday? Hmmm...banks, federal institutions including post office, state offices, our county at least, all our school districts just to name a few.

My kids are not out for it. It is not considered - No.

[ In Reply To ..]
one of the major holidays for most companies. THAT is what I was referring to.

MQ gives us a holiday schedule. Refer to that.

State and federal government employees nm - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
x

But---they are out for everything, not like normal jobs. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Columbus Day - spitfire

[ In Reply To ..]
what's a holiday???

Similar Messages:

Is Columbus Day A Nuance Holiday?
Oct 04, 2012

Would like to know if I'm getting the massive 25% holiday increase on Monday.  My husband says "you know, most people get time and a half on holidays." Yes, but I work for Nuance! ...

Never Knew Columbus Day Was Such A Major Holiday
Oct 12, 2013

Did all the docs go out of town for the big Columbus Day celebrations? ...

Medquist - Columbus OH
Oct 22, 2010

Does anyone have any experience with Medquist in Columbus OH?  The hospital where I work is planning on using Medquist as their transcription service and having us become Medquist employees.  Anyone know what their wages are?  I see a lot of terribly negative info on them on the internet and I am not happy about this change.  The most of us have well over twenty years experience and am wondering how we would rate on their system?  Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.&n ...

Does Anyone Know For Sure About Holiday Pay?
Apr 04, 2010

higher line rate, but I can not find anything about either holidays or line rate on MQ Central.  I assumed Easter would be considered a holiday. ...

Holiday Pay?
Dec 31, 2010

Is either today or tomorrow's work paid at holiday pay rate?  Anyone know?  Thanks in advance for any responses and Happy New Year to everyone. ...

Does DSG Have Holiday Pay?
Jun 03, 2011

Just wondering....Does DSG provide holiday pay in addition to vacation PTO? ...

16 CPL Holiday Pay?
Nov 23, 2011

Which companies pay this rate for holiday lines? Mine only pays 0.13. Thanks, Reader ...

Holiday Pay...sm
Dec 30, 2011

Here's the deal...my company says if/when you work a holiday, they will give you the equivalent hours in PTO to use later on (you work 8, you get 8 PTO).  I checked with my state's DOL, and they said absolutely incorrect. You must be an exempt salaried employee for them to do this. They must pay regular employees cash money. The DOL also said that unless the company is a licensed health care facility in my state, which they are not--they only contract with ...

MM Holiday Pay?
Jun 08, 2012

15 PTOs full time per year. Do we get Memorial Day or any holidays on top of that? If I look hard enough I could probably see it in all the paperwork, but it is Friday and I am lazy. Thank you very much! ...

How Many Of You Who Had NJA Over The Holiday
Sep 03, 2013

weekend claimed "release from work without pay" on Remedy? I did. ...

Do We Get Holiday Pay For
Nov 11, 2013

x ...

Holiday Pay -
May 26, 2014

I generally work every holiday, and most of the time the work is rather low, but today it has been rather brisk.  Thinking that I might actually make a decent wage today, I was trying to remember how our holiday pay was set up or if Memorial Day was counted as one of their "holdidays."  After searching my own files as well as ENRICH I finally found it:  It is.  We get the enormous increase of.... wait for it....  25%!  Wow.  So, for editing that's just ar ...

So Much For Holiday Pay
Jul 04, 2014

So here I am, on a holiday, OOW on all my accounts.  So much for that so-called holiday pay.  ...

Holiday Pay
Nov 26, 2014

Do we get holiday pay for working Thanksgiving?  If so, how much more?  I've only been with the couple a few months.  ...

MT Holiday
Dec 23, 2014

"Alot of companies had their Christmas Parties last night, only the employees could not make it because their company is in India" Jay Leno........ Bah ...

Isn't There A Holiday Pay Differential?
Nov 26, 2009

. ...

Holiday Pay Differential
Nov 27, 2009

Last holiday (Labor Day) I was paid a differential.  It is usually time and a half so going by your base you will see an additional line on your paystub of holiday lines:  ex.  if your base rate is 0.08 you will see holiday pay 0.1200 x 1000 lines.  As far as I know, we have not received any notification that we do not get holiday pay.  ...

Father's Day Holiday Pay???
Jul 10, 2010

I swear Father's Day was on the holiday list, but there was no holiday pay on my check. Am I just going crazy? ...

Requesting Off For A Holiday..Can Someone Tell Me
Mar 28, 2010

me where to find the holiday request off rule --not more than 60 days or something like that.  I cant find it on MQ Central.  If you know the rule or how to find it on MQ Central that would be great!! ...

If You Don't Have PTO?  Does That Mean You Have To Work The Holiday?
May 28, 2010

Hi.  My CCM sent out an email saying that work loads were going to be low because of the holiday and that we could take PTO for Monday if we wanted.  My question is what if you don't have PTO?  Does that mean you have to work the holiday or can you still request it off and just not get paid for it?  I would ask CCM but she said she would be very busy and wouldn't be able to keep up with emails. Thanks ...

Holiday Pay On Monday, 07/05/10
Jul 26, 2010

I have always gotten paid time-and-a-half for holiday pay on the Fourth of July, which is one of Medquist's holidays (or so it is listed as and always has been), and was told by CCM we would be paid time-and-a-half for that Monday's work done since even though it wasn't the fourth, it is when it is nationally celebrated.  However, on today's paycheck I did not get any holiday pay at all!!!  I went back several years to check and I always got paid this way for w ...

And Of Course The Hospitals Know It Is A Holiday. Sm
Apr 21, 2011

An the NJA games begin.....   South NJA.  Any other regions NJA?  How can we get other work if there is NJA everywhere?  ...

Do We Get Holiday Pay For Today
Sep 05, 2011

I know I will probably run out of work, but just wondering if what work I do get would be considered holiday pay.   Thanks in advance. ...

Nuance Holiday?
Feb 20, 2012

Does anyone know if today is one of the 25% increase paid holidays for Nuance?  I'm working currently and none of my supervisors are on IM. :P ...

Okay, Holiday Is Over, Where's The Work???? Nm
Jan 03, 2013

.. ...

So How Much Of That Holiday Pay Did Y'all Make?
Jul 05, 2013

Did all of you have a wonderful holiday with your family or did you get to sit in front of your computer all day waiting for work to come in?  If the latter, then here's a suggestion. On Webclock punch in when you started waiting and punch out at the end of your shift, unless by some small miracle you got enough work to make more than minimum wage for your shift.  It's legal, it's truthful timekeeping and they must pay you for it.  This will at the ve ...

Holiday In India?
Aug 12, 2013

Haven't seen this much work for a year... ...

Keystrokes - What Is Their Holiday Pay
Aug 31, 2013

Reading the material about benefits they sent me, they are pretty vague about holiday pay, so what is it - time and a half?  1.5 x lines typed?  1.5 x reports ?  Or is it a percentage of that day's production?  I've had holidays paid in so many different ways at so many different companies nothing would surprise me, I just want to know. ...

Is Today HOLIDAY PAY?
Sep 01, 2013

Do we get holiday pay today??  I cannot even remember the website to access MModal/employee info...so bad.  ...

Can Someone Tell Me What The Holiday Pay Is? Nothing Listed
Sep 02, 2013

There is nothing on the website under MT polices for holiday pay.  Was this done away with also?  I could swear it used to be there. ...