A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CBay/Please read - BB

Posted: Jul 22, 2010

I just got through reading the website of CBay in its entirety to get more insight into their company.  They appear to be a giant in the field, own almost everything that has to do with medical transcription or the likes thereof.  I clicked on the Executive Bios section and got to read about each executive's background, etc.  What I saw and read were numerous CBay individuals (all men I might add) with many years' worth of previous employment by well known companies, some American appearing, but overall all Indian appearing, now working for CBay. 

This company is hungry, real hungry to be #1, Top Dog, if you will.  In my opinion, we, the medical transcriptionists, do not have a fighting chance to get ahead.  We will never get back what we have lost whether it be wages/salary, benefits, but most of all our self-worth and self-esteem. 

I cannot believe what I read each and every day on the MTstars, all of us wondering what will come next, whether we will even be employed in the near future, depressed, crying, tearing our guts out, litterly torturing ourselves over a company that only wants billions in revenue in a years' time, and all we want is the ability to earn a living, a real living and not minimum wage or below.   

Each and every one of us are worth more than the likes of CBay and Medquist.  To quote the song with the lyrics "the way we were" is what we have to remember and move on to something/someone that will appreciate us and treat us with respect and not like livestock.  Maybe women in foreign countries just do not know better, but here in this country we were brought up differently, we are to be respected, but I truly believe we have to respect ourselves first, love ourselves, know that we are worth more, and move on.  Just like a bad marriage, one must move on.

I truly wish us all the best that life has to offer, but it is not with CBay, Medquist or in the field of transcription.  There has to be something else for us all and I sure hope we all find our own way and move forward. 

Thank you! Moving on, - going back to school this fall.

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband lost his job back in 2002 from an IT company he had for 15 years. He finally found a job out of state and so we moved. The company was Indian run. It was just a horrible place to work. He hated his job the first day he started. Company could careless about their employees and only cared about their stocks. Finally, just after 5 months, he spoke up. He had to because it was not right what the company was doing, especially his boss. He was fired the very next day. Good riddens. So we moved back since we were not able to sell our house and he later found another job.

We have friends who moved near us. He was a radiologist who worked in a lab that was India owned. He lasted 1 month and quit. He could not handle the job because of how it was run. He made a vow that he would never work under an Indian again, EVER.

You are right, medical transcription is on its way out for the United States since CBAY has taken over. I too read all about CBAY the last few days. I wish to God we really fought and tried to have a Union before CBAY bought us, but I guess I did not try hard enough. Do not get me wrong, really did not want a Union, but it might have been our only chance to save medical transcription. Too late now, especially with the merge with Spheris.

My bill for school came yesterday - MQ picking up the tab

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess my tuition bill is a small price to pay to take over the world.
Go TAA! :)

Yay for you! I'm hoping to get the same - CA-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That's why I'm trying to put up with this job for now. I can't afford to go to school, AND I have a second full-time job which will never pay my bills. I'm on my own, no husband and no chance to get one as I'm so busy (eh, who cares?). I'm trying to plug away. I still love the actual medical transcription but MQ makes my life miserable. It hurts to know I have to change through no choice of my own. It's like getting a divorce because your husband no longer loves you and you still go on loving him.

That is just it, working UNDER the Indians,sm - Spherite

[ In Reply To ..]
It took a little bit to sink in, but I realize now that is what happened. We are UNDER them now.

BTW, I quit last week. It made me very sad, and I will miss my team and my account which I had been on for over 9 years, long before it was a Medquist account. So sad, but I am moving on too.

To: CBay/Please Read - BB - naturegal

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for that -- it helps reiterate what all of us should really take to heart and move on for ourselves. MQ appreciates no one except their bank statements with their hefty deposits. The Karma wheel might be slowly turning, but it will eventually get around to greedy executives. When they post on MQCentral another new suit, I just see the 6-figure dollar signs - shame on them for not even allowing their MTs to even make a decent 5-figure salary!

Similar Messages:

MQ/CBay
Feb 24, 2011

It seems that Medquist is still hiring US MTs.  They have an ad in MT daily.  I don't see why CBay can't keep us on along with the Indian MTs.   ...

How Does CBay Fit Into This?
Jan 25, 2012

Wonder if we'll now see the American coding jobs go "global" like our MT jobs did. Also wonder if the CCMs and higher management will change. ...

Wow! Just Thought Of How CBAY
Jul 29, 2010

CBAY could get rid of a lot of board of directors.  Does CBAY have any idea how much money it could save them?  In fact, why we are at it, get rid of the United States board of directors and bring in their own India board of directors.  They could probably pay their suits half or even less than it would cost for United States board of directors.  Plus!  Would not have to pay incentives, benefits, bonuses, gas for their cars, credit expenses for lunches and golfing, e ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

CBay Buyout Of MQ
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of changes.  Ba-Ba-Big Ch-Ch-Changes are coming.  CBay is trying to buy 100% of MQ.  Check out article at: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/news.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US Other articles of interest there also.  Basically reads: Management Led Buyout of MedQuist Causes Shareholder Claim Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 7, 2011-- Goldfarb Branham LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Medqui ...

M*Modal - CBAY?
May 11, 2012

I was one of 30 people fired in a conference call from CBay back in December, 2007.    Was applying to M*Modal and looked up CBay's location and it says that CBay is now M*Modal???????   (Can anybody verify this?)   Also, do they pay hourly or per line? ...

I'm Having Flashbacks Of Cbay.
Apr 04, 2013

We had layoffs in groups about every 6 months to a year, until finally the last batch was laid off and ALL the work was sent to India. Everyone kept saying it could never happen, but it did. They chose profits over quality.  I wish the doctors, hospitals, and patients would wake up! ...

CBay Buys Spheris
Feb 03, 2010

Just curious, how do you guys (and gals) feel about the fact that CBay just purchased Spheris? ...

Cbay/Heartland/Medquist
Mar 02, 2010

I remember when the layoffs happened and then feared the worst when Cbay bought us last year.  My question is this:  What was the layoff package?  Severence?  How long did it last and what did it include?  Thanks in advance. ...

CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA
Jul 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/medical-transcription-heavyweight-cbay.html   CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA ...

I Wonder If CBAY's CEO Would Jump Up And Down For A $50.00 Bonus!!
Jun 24, 2011

nm ...

Cbay/Spheris/MQ In Tennessee?
Oct 21, 2010

Spheris parent — now HQed in Franklin — files for IPO By Erin Lawley Posted on October 20, 2010 at 8:17 am Middle Tennessee soon will have another locally based public company — though its “localness” may come as a surprise. CBaySystems Holdings — whose MedQuist subsidiary purchased Franklin-based Spheris out of bankruptcy for $116 million earlier this year — has filed for a $115 million initial public offering and listed Spheris’ Carothers Par ...

Dear MQ/Cbay ILP Who I QA'd Tonight
Apr 23, 2011

If you can't hear parts of the dictation, leave a QA marker.  It looks really bad when the client is on 100% for ILPs and all you did was copy and paste an old progress note with a few changes to the impression and plan.  Seriously?!  Did you listen to any of the dictation?  Cuz it didn't come close to matching up. Sure, the dictator was difficult and hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that what the ILP typed didn't even come close to what was said, ...

CBay Expansion Drive
Dec 02, 2011

Happened to read the following in Cbay's facebook page.  Hope I don't lose my account.....this time... http://www.facebook.com/CBaySytems?sk=wall   CBaySystems' Coimbatore office will embark on a recruitment drive to appoint MTs, QAs (office based) and HBTs. They will be looking for talents from Trivandrum, Kochi and Chennai. The recruitment drive will be held on the 27th and 28th November in the following hotels. Trivandrum - Hotel Horizon, Kochi - Hotel Presidency, ...

Number Of MQ Employees Dropped By ? Since Cbay
Jan 18, 2010

Does anyone have an article that I think was posted here awhile ago about CBay's plans for cutting US MTs? It might have been an Indian article.  Somehow the numbers 10,000 then down to 3,000 seem familiar, but I'd appreciate a link if anyone knows where to find this info. Thanks. ...

Latest Report On CBay Purchase
Feb 07, 2010

Not quite a done deal, but CBay thinks it is.   Wonder where Kumar got $75 million!!!!  We earned it for him. http://www.bloombergutv.com/industry-news/pharma-biotech-industry-news/44368/consolidation-on-cards--cbay.html ...

Spheris Sale To CBAY Hits A
Apr 01, 2010

$75 million Spheris sale to CBay hits roadblockBy Kumar Shankar Roy Mar 25 2010 , Kolkata CBay Group's chief executive Raman Kumar's $75 million attempt to buy key business of bankrupt medical technology US firm Spheris may get stuck with Larry Ellison-led Oracle, globally the second biggest software maker, voicing its displeasure over the deal. http://www.mydigitalfc.com/companies/75-million-spheris-sale-cbay-hits-roadblock-650   ...

CBay, Spheris, Medquist - INDIA
May 04, 2010

Came across this information, from a reliable source (who prefers to remain anonymous.)We report, you decide. - - - - - - - - - - A leading United States-based healthcare BPO services vendor CBay Systems Ltd. plans to transfer nearly 50 per cent of its work to India during the next two years with a view to develop into a $1-billion company. Presently, CBay Systems provides its facilities to almost 40 per cent of the hospital market in the United States covering over 2,400 hospitals, clinics as ...

MQ CBAY 80% Of Our Work To India --- Repost
Jan 12, 2011

http://forum.mtstars.com/182178.html http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/091210/MEDQUIST-INC_10-Q.A/w76567exv10w1.htm#ixzz0cEztUgGN  Section 2.2 Order Form. Within fifteen (15) days of the Effective Date of this Agreement, and not less than once per quarter thereafter, Company shall propose to Supplier the projected volume in hours of dictation per Business Day Equivalent by issuing an Order Form to Supplier in the form attached hereto as Exhibit 5. Such order will include the ...

Wow, Cbay India Gets Bonuses And Free
May 23, 2011

medical insurance for family, plus a gym and workout facility, and also monthly bonuses.  I think I may just apply, would probably be better off than I am now.  You think they'll care that i live in the United States? ...

MQ Delisted From NYSE, CBay Gone Private
Jan 17, 2012

My husband and I stay up on the stock market and I have been watching MQ and Cbay for about a year.   I just noticed today that they have been delisted and gone to pink sheet which means their stock consistently fell below the $5.00 mark.  Just a year ago it was $16.  Also, CBay has gone private and claims it is an American Company.  It is not, it is now privately owned by an Indian company doing business with corporate offices in London.  I don't know what thi ...

Medquist Is Owned By CBay, Based In India
Oct 28, 2009

Well this explains why all our work is disappearing to India.  Medquist sold out to CBay, which operates out of India.  Anyone know of any USA companies that are hiring?  This is just outrageous and disgusting.  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x365279 ...

The Unconstitutional Employment Practices Of MedQuist And CBay
Mar 17, 2010

I'm NOT an attorney; therefore, cannot give any legal advice.  If you want to pursue the issues addressed below, please consult an attorney.   In the case of Department of State v. Washington Post Co., 456 US 595 (1982), the Department of State refused to disclose private information of individuals to an "American" corporation, "Washington Post", citing the policy of not disclosing "personnel and medical files and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly ...

CBay Systems Becomes M*Modal Global Solutions
Sep 12, 2012

Came across this today and wonder what it means for us all: CBaySystems Becomes M*Modal Global Solutions According to a press release, CBaySystems, “India’s largest clinical documentation solutions provider,” is now M*Modal Global Solutions. Quoting from the press release: The strategic rebranding initiative brings together the quality reputation of CBaySystems with M*Modal’s global organization and signals increased hiring across its India locations, as we ...

WELL SAID! ** READ THIS**
Oct 27, 2009

Found this in the Letters to Editor in AdvanceWeb.com. :   I feel compelled to voice my thoughts on the topic of credentialed MTs; the reason being I work with a fantastic group of MTs under my management. We work at a community hospital in a centralized setting; all departments dictate their patient records and we transcribe them. They are highly skilled, productive and accurate and simply the best staff to manage. Here are my thoughts. * Are Credentialed MTs better? If t ...

Re-read
Dec 11, 2009

Good Morning MQ-ville. I was reading a posting below, started yesterday "Whadayaknow" and there were a couple of responses to the posting that I think are worth you reading. We should all be much more PROACTIVE in the auditing process and ask questions or if we disagree, tell them we do!  We should also not take BS sitting down!  I agree that too many of us have just accepted being fed crap because we've begun to feel "beaten down". I also am 'MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO ...

Read This
Feb 27, 2010

Check out this link.   http://www.medindia.net/health-press-release/Webmedx-Receives-Best-in-KLAS-Award-for-Outsourced-Transcription-for-2009-56883-1.htm ...

I Think I Read Somewhere On Here Before...
Mar 03, 2010

that Softscript doesn't pay for spaces.  Is that true or just a rumor?  ...

Oh My! This Is A Must Read!
Aug 01, 2010

Oh my gosh!  Open this article and read what is down below at the VERY BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS ARTICLE!  Somebody by the name of Kumar is asking a question about night shifts and the associated illegal activities that comes out of it.  Some of us are called the Y generation!   http://www.deccanherald.com/content/84978/indian-bpos-facing-huge-churn.html   CBaySystems VP - HR Sanjay Shanmugaum believes that, “the average attrition rate in the BPO sector is higher th ...

Please Read
Apr 30, 2011

in the MT Stars archives a post entitled "MT's and Unions, and past mistakes:".  This was posted on 11/23/10.  I am contacting various union representatives, among other things.  The most important thing is to get the word out as much as we can about the unfair policies on MT's by various companies.  I know it can seem futile, but I think if enough of us communicate long enough, someone has to listen.  Thanks. ...