A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Reminder that anyone working on VA accounts must - have employee status

Posted: Jun 23, 2015

I am posting this because a company called Stone Network posted an ad on the jobs board for VA transcriptionists for IC positions.  That's a big fat no-no, Stone Network.  Someone is going to rat you out to the DOL and/ or the VA.

lucy labor law - lucy

[ In Reply To ..]
the MT industry ....plays loose w labor, hiring, etc. Some folks thinks we be unprofessional, soze we don't know ....

Similar Messages:

REMINDER: Status And Pay For Work On VA Accounts
Dec 18, 2014

Since there have been postings in the past couple of days by MTs who are working on VA accounts who seemingly are being paid by the line, here is a reminder. If you work on VA accounts, you must have employee status and be paid the Wage Determination Rate specific to that county.  You can look up  your specific WDR on the federal government's Wage Determinations Online website.  The link is below. Also, you must be paid for ALL work you perform, and this includes looking up ...

Working On Multiple Accounts
Apr 30, 2010

I work for an MTSO and have been given 4 accounts. After my first one ran out of work they gave me another, and then when that one ran out they gave me another and so on and so forth. My primary and secondary accounts I like, they are basically sister hospitals and are pretty similar. My fourth account is very large and always has work and is a totally different type of hospital, but I like the work and the packet the QA people sent me is very informative and easy to find what you need. However ...

I Am Currently Working As An IC And Trying To Get Accounts On My Own. Currently Have One Doctor That
Jul 12, 2011

but I am looking for more work.  Does anyone know how I would go about setting something up so the doctor could call in and dictate and I could get the dictation and then type it?  I would rather do the sound files but in case they don't want to do that I would like to know my options.  I was also thinking it might be cheaper for me to pay for their digital handheld as I think they are less than $100.  Thanks for any suggestions.  I really appreciate it.  ...

Is Anybody Working And Getting Random Jobs From Different Accounts?
Jan 10, 2010

Just venting a little.  While I do appreciate being able to work and not getting NJAk, I am a little frustrated getting every other job from 2 or 3 new and different acounts.  Do they really expect me to make line count like that?  I know there is a better way to distribute and get the work done within TAT.  I mean really.... sigh. Looks like the forbidden "national pools" coming back.  If my regular accounts have no work, then why oh why cant that just give me ONE that ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

Odd That We Get A Reminder About The
Feb 18, 2013

proper NJA procedure at the end of last week, and then Monday morning, absolutely no work.  When they know something big has just happened, why don't they just tell us? ...

Reminder:
Aug 25, 2014

Use Remedy! ...

They Sent Out An Essay Reminder
Mar 25, 2010

I just got an email in my MQ box "reminding" us about this "friendly" little essay contest that they are trying to  shove down our throats.  Apparently the response hasn't been overwhelming (gee, I wonder why) if they have to do that. I know it's hard for those of us trapped at MQ to hang on.  I am one of them too.  No jobs out there right now and I'm taking courses.  But I have to make something to somewhat survive so I have to stay. All I say is, make ...

Reminder To Self: Do Not Send Anything To QA!
May 03, 2010

Okay, it was the end of the week and on my very last document I had 1 word that I could not get - so I sent it to QA.  Lo and behold!  The entire document was picked apart for ridiculous things and some things were even changed incorrectly.  All that and my blank space WAS NOT even filled in!  No more QA for me! ...

Reminder About FIESA....
May 07, 2013

Everyone needs to review Fiesa audits carefully. I received several "below 99" scores over the past 2 weeks and each of them had errors where they counted off for things that the account specifics said to do the way I did them and these incorrect deductions put  me below 99% on those reports . I put in the request to have those scores changed and in each case it will bring those audits to up above 99%.  Review and speak up when they are wrong! ...

Another Strong Arm F11 Weekend Reminder..sm
Apr 21, 2011

Another "strong" reminder about working Fri, Sat and Sun and also the F11 DO NOT DO IT! reminder by our CCM.  I would like to see a CORPORATE message on this, because I think, like the former post way below, some of the CCMs are misreading the dictate from corporate.  But of course, they are all off until next Tuesday.   Everyone have a Blessed Easter, Passover or Spring Celebration ---   Suits take advantage of the so-called Christian holiday, even though they ...

Just A Reminder, 1 Of The Major 2, During A Webcast, Said MTs Will NEVER Make What
Oct 23, 2012

s ...

Friendly Reminder From FIRED Ex-employee
Jan 15, 2015

I see there are so many new people on since I left. Anyone who has been threatened, I just want to remind you to PLEASE, COPY AND PASTE your emails in another file and SAVE them or PRINT them. When I was fired after I failed their 3 week probation type test, by the time I hung up the phone I WAS LOCKED OUT OF EVERYTHING. I had no proof of ANYTHING, any of the threats, etc. I just don't want anyone else to have to go through what I did. The threatening emails about MUP or not reaching th ...

Just A Quick Reminder, Please Remember That Replying To Any Email In The Account With Which
Jan 06, 2015

...traceable path right back to your computer. Nuance can and has routinely blocked many people from further access to this board, which means you would have to use another device, a public library computer, cell phone etc. I know of people to disappear from the company altogether too.  Remember, they are software geeks at heart and can accomplish savage deeds. And to the grouch that always tells us to post something new? Some messages are worth repeating time and time again, because new ...

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

How To Get Your Own Accounts?
Nov 05, 2009

Hello, I have been a transcriptionist for a couple of years now.  I wound like to try and get my own accounts.  I live in a heavily populated area where there are tons of doctors offices.  I am unsure how I should go about this.  Do I start calling these offices?  Do I make up a flyer?  Do I stop in and drop off my resume.  Any ideas or thoughts you would like to share with me would be greatly appreciated!  If you would like you can also email me.&nbs ...

How Many Accounts Can You Do In A Day?
Jun 28, 2010

I am sick to death of being bounced all over the place!  I would love to force the QA lead and CCM to swich every 10 minutes as well... Now in the south, switch, now in the north, switch, now in the west... Yeah, just try and keep track of all of these accounts.  THIS IS FLIPPIN CRAZY having to check the client profile with every darn job! I feel like creating my own darn client profile today and not one of these accounts are gonna like it. ...

Anyone With Their Own Accounts?
Oct 07, 2010

Recently I was told the account I've been on for the past decade is going to voice recognition.  Having worked on a VR platform briefly, I know I don't want to get screwed making half the money with longer hours. I really hated it and did almost as much typing then as now - only at half the rate.  That being said, has anyone gone out and found a couple of docs locally to transcribe on their own?  I guess I'd have to buy a call-in system?  Just seems like it w ...

Getting Your Own Accounts
May 16, 2011

A couple of years ago I obtained an LLC, took a webinar on how to run a transcription business as far as getting ideas on file transfer services, fees, etc.  However, because I had to work full-time I never found time to pursue beyond that, or I guess I just chickened out basically.  I guess I am thinking I would just start calling locally.  I already checked with a college friend, who is a general practitioner.  Of course, they are entering data themselves and not using tran ...

VA Accounts
Nov 10, 2011

Can anyone let me know who some of the companies are that transcribe for VA accounts for example OK City, Kansas City, etc. Thanks! ...

Getting Own Accounts
May 21, 2012

Any advice on getting own accounts?  I was thinking about making a page with my info on it.  My specialty is psych transcription.  Can I just send out my info page to various psych clinics to see if they are looking for a transcriptionist?  Any advice on what to charge?  I was thinking 10cpl.  Any advice on this is welcome.  ...

Looking For My Own Accounts
Aug 29, 2012

I'm going to be sending out brochures to doctors' offices in my area.  I'm wondering which specialties would be the best ones to target - i.e., more likely to outsource their transcription to an individual transcriptionist, least likely to have EMR or EPIC. I can do most specialties, but it would help knowing which ones to try first so I can save money & time. Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions from your own experience. ...

Accounts
Mar 06, 2013

What do consider accounts?  All the different facilities, which can have a hundred people dictating or individual physician offices?  Just curious?  As I was warned by some of you kind transcriptionists, I did not get my own hospital where I previouslly worked, but have gotten several large facilities in the state.  When I question the supv, she always says "you are primary" on my old hospital.  Like to know how that is since I rarely get their dictation and she has admi ...

MT Accounts
Sep 11, 2013

When a healthcare facility outsources to a company such as M Modal do the MT's who were in-house retain their own transcription jobs they once had?  Is this a contractual agreement between M Modal and the healthcare facility?  ...

Wow My Accounts Rot
Sep 15, 2013

I was on other accounts for most of my shift and then got switched back to my normals. Mine are terrible, how can I get switched, tired of listening to foreign docs all day long. ...

Put On New Accounts
Feb 13, 2014

It was bad enough that we lost 1 of the accounts that I have had for 13 years last week, but today, without notifying me, I was put on new accounts.....the accounts where they are firing people left and right because of not passing audits.  My line count went down at least 30 lines per hour, mainly for having to look up physicians to cc, and consulting physicians, ect.  I am very stressed, and I just had to vent.  My nerves are frazzled. ...

I Have Got 4 Accounts Now, 2 Of Which Seem
Mar 26, 2014

I am just wondering if this is the new policy, or maybe just my little area of Nuance. It seems as if, despite my protestations, I am now forced to have 4 accounts, two of which I am unfamiliar and seem rather generic and never seem to have anyone working on them full time. On the other hand my primary and secondary are always decimated because so many people are on them now so I am forced to do the crappy overflow ones. I really hate having more than 2 accounts, except when things are really s ...

OTI Accounts
Apr 18, 2014

I am so sick of getting emails from OTI pleading to transcribe these accounts that pay 7.5 cpl and are practically as long as books and ALL VERY difficult ESL's.  7.5 cpl....... Really?!!! ...