A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am currently working as an IC and trying to get accounts on my own. Currently have one doctor that - anon

Posted: Jul 12, 2011

but I am looking for more work.  Does anyone know how I would go about setting something up so the doctor could call in and dictate and I could get the dictation and then type it?  I would rather do the sound files but in case they don't want to do that I would like to know my options.  I was also thinking it might be cheaper for me to pay for their digital handheld as I think they are less than $100.  Thanks for any suggestions.  I really appreciate it. 

Sorry this cuts off on me sometime. Should say - sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Currently I have one doctor that uses a digital handheld and send the sound files via e-mail. I am looking for more work and want to know my options so they can call in their dictation. Thanks.

Many Past Posts on Boards on This Topic - mtanon

[ In Reply To ..]
Do a search on this board for "Metroscript" or "FTP" or "TASP" or "digital," that kind of thing. There is a ton of information already been given here to answer your question.

Spantel - anonymouse

[ In Reply To ..]
A small company I used to work for when I was first starting out 4 years ago used Spantel. If you go to spantel.com it will tell you about using their system. You set up an acct with them and I believe they give you an 800 # the doctor can call and dictate on and you use their system to transcribe from. It was an easy system for me. I believe, I I'm not mistaken, they had on the website it costs 2 cpl to use their system. So they charge you by how many lines.

Metroscript - from Vianeta

[ In Reply To ..]
I recently switched from a Vianeta based platform to Metroscript and my costs went down DRAMATICALLY. So make sure you compare and contrast everything. My docs all are using handheld DSS recorders (they needed them for the Vianeta platform) but there is a call in option. Vianeta charged by the line, Metroscript charges by the MB. I am a SMALL business and my costs with Vianeta averaged $300+ a month. My bills for Metroscript average <$30! They have only had one issue since I have used them and luckily it affected phones, so it didn't affect me, and it does seem through the email stream they jumped on it like a cat on a crazy glow dot. The starting costs were low, I elected to pay a local tech guy to go to one of the offices here to set them up because the girl is really computer illiterate and they were going from a dock and auto upload system to one where they had to click, but it was a breeze for the other offices. JMO I am sure some are unhappy. Or say why pay when you can do it on your own. I tired a few other ways, for me, my skills, and the "feel" I want to present, MS was a good fit. Good luck finding your perfect fit!

Thanks. The Dr. I type for now uses a handheld Olympus and I have the -sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
to download it to my computer and it has worked great but I know every doctor out there does not do this and I am looking for a bit more work. This info really does help. Thanks again.
Medencrypt 1.5 cpl - key
[ In Reply To ..]
Check out medencrypt.com; great TASP. Charges by the line at 1.5 cpl, which is not bad at all. There is 1-800 number for doctors to call and they can also use Olympus. Check out their website. Check out my website, as i am using them now with my company: www.adekohealthpartners.com

Hope this helps.

Similar Messages:

Working In A Doctor's Office 8-5
Jul 26, 2010

Have a potential job opportunity working in a medical office for one doctor and one PA, however, I need to provide them with what pay I am looking for. Really dislike when the pay question is turned around on me (sigh).  Anyhoo, job is a fulltime office job doing mostly transcription but there will be some other job office duties to help out in.  Sooo~ this is where you come in . . . what kind of pay are transcriptionist making in a medical office these days.  I have only don ...

Working On Multiple Accounts
Apr 30, 2010

I work for an MTSO and have been given 4 accounts. After my first one ran out of work they gave me another, and then when that one ran out they gave me another and so on and so forth. My primary and secondary accounts I like, they are basically sister hospitals and are pretty similar. My fourth account is very large and always has work and is a totally different type of hospital, but I like the work and the packet the QA people sent me is very informative and easy to find what you need. However ...

Reminder That Anyone Working On VA Accounts Must
Jun 23, 2015

I am posting this because a company called Stone Network posted an ad on the jobs board for VA transcriptionists for IC positions.  That's a big fat no-no, Stone Network.  Someone is going to rat you out to the DOL and/ or the VA. ...

? About Working For A Private Doctor's Office
Apr 15, 2012

I saw an opening for a medical transcriptionist for a private doctor's office in my town.  I wonder, if any of you work in a private office--won't all medical practices be going to some sort of EMR in the coming year?  This ad didn't say anything at all about EMR, but I'm kind of assuming that they'll be switching to it if they haven't already.   I've only done MT in an acute-care hospital setting, so I also wonder if a lot of smaller doctor ...

Is Anybody Working And Getting Random Jobs From Different Accounts?
Jan 10, 2010

Just venting a little.  While I do appreciate being able to work and not getting NJAk, I am a little frustrated getting every other job from 2 or 3 new and different acounts.  Do they really expect me to make line count like that?  I know there is a better way to distribute and get the work done within TAT.  I mean really.... sigh. Looks like the forbidden "national pools" coming back.  If my regular accounts have no work, then why oh why cant that just give me ONE that ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

If The Doctor Says MTP Sm
Nov 10, 2009

The patient presents today for followup on her right first MTP. should it be... metatarsophalangeal and the word joint after it or can it just be metarsophalangeal? tia. ...

Do You Ever Wonder How A Doctor (ESL Or Non-ESL) Would
Feb 20, 2010

react if we went in their offices and talked so fast that they couldn't understand what we said, if we ate during our visit, or yawned and continued talking?  I'm just going to wager a guess that they wouldn't appreciate it very much.  Sometimes, I think it would be fun to try just to see their reactions.  There are some that I transcribe that if I ever got the chance to do that I would.  Have an ESL right now that's talking way too fast.  Do they not ...

Anyone Else Have A Doctor Who ........ (sm)
Aug 05, 2010

Rambles on, makes no sense throughout the dictation at all, does not make complete sentences, dictates on a patient in the WRONG chart constantly, follows no format, which is required by YOU, cuts himself off but yet when you can understand him, he has a "bright" moment and makes sense is an absolute joy to transcribe????  Oh, and did I mention that he only dictates every third day even though he sees patients on a daily basis???? Mini-vent over, back to the confusion ... TIA ...

New Doctor
Nov 06, 2010

It sounds like he says Plantar response is flexor bilaterally in his physical exam portion but he says it so fast I'm not sure I have it right.  ...

Gee, Doctor
Jul 08, 2014

to dictate, as long as you are already in your car & eating a box of Cracker Jack.  ...

How Can You Be A Doctor And
Aug 16, 2014

I mean, seriously. What are they teaching these ESL docs now?? <--me, rolling eyes ...

Really Doctor
Jan 27, 2015

Document 1836 long.  Doctor walked away from phone at 153 and I had to listen to a bunch of garbage.  thank you so much for being an incosiderate boob.  ...

Well Thank You Doctor...
Mar 10, 2015

Apologies from a physician who is stumbling over his words while valiantly making an effort to dictate clearly.  Wish we had more docs like this. ...

Yes, Doctor
May 10, 2015

while you take a long personal call.  After all, I'm just a computer. ...

Really Doctor?
Jun 03, 2015

doesn't actually pause the recording.  And saying "Unpause" doesn't make it start again.  This isn't even the same doctor that calls me "computer."  "Computer go back to the HPI and..."  Beam me up!! ...

How To Get Your Own Accounts?
Nov 05, 2009

Hello, I have been a transcriptionist for a couple of years now.  I wound like to try and get my own accounts.  I live in a heavily populated area where there are tons of doctors offices.  I am unsure how I should go about this.  Do I start calling these offices?  Do I make up a flyer?  Do I stop in and drop off my resume.  Any ideas or thoughts you would like to share with me would be greatly appreciated!  If you would like you can also email me.&nbs ...

How Many Accounts Can You Do In A Day?
Jun 28, 2010

I am sick to death of being bounced all over the place!  I would love to force the QA lead and CCM to swich every 10 minutes as well... Now in the south, switch, now in the north, switch, now in the west... Yeah, just try and keep track of all of these accounts.  THIS IS FLIPPIN CRAZY having to check the client profile with every darn job! I feel like creating my own darn client profile today and not one of these accounts are gonna like it. ...

Anyone With Their Own Accounts?
Oct 07, 2010

Recently I was told the account I've been on for the past decade is going to voice recognition.  Having worked on a VR platform briefly, I know I don't want to get screwed making half the money with longer hours. I really hated it and did almost as much typing then as now - only at half the rate.  That being said, has anyone gone out and found a couple of docs locally to transcribe on their own?  I guess I'd have to buy a call-in system?  Just seems like it w ...

Getting Your Own Accounts
May 16, 2011

A couple of years ago I obtained an LLC, took a webinar on how to run a transcription business as far as getting ideas on file transfer services, fees, etc.  However, because I had to work full-time I never found time to pursue beyond that, or I guess I just chickened out basically.  I guess I am thinking I would just start calling locally.  I already checked with a college friend, who is a general practitioner.  Of course, they are entering data themselves and not using tran ...

VA Accounts
Nov 10, 2011

Can anyone let me know who some of the companies are that transcribe for VA accounts for example OK City, Kansas City, etc. Thanks! ...

Getting Own Accounts
May 21, 2012

Any advice on getting own accounts?  I was thinking about making a page with my info on it.  My specialty is psych transcription.  Can I just send out my info page to various psych clinics to see if they are looking for a transcriptionist?  Any advice on what to charge?  I was thinking 10cpl.  Any advice on this is welcome.  ...

Looking For My Own Accounts
Aug 29, 2012

I'm going to be sending out brochures to doctors' offices in my area.  I'm wondering which specialties would be the best ones to target - i.e., more likely to outsource their transcription to an individual transcriptionist, least likely to have EMR or EPIC. I can do most specialties, but it would help knowing which ones to try first so I can save money & time. Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions from your own experience. ...

Accounts
Mar 06, 2013

What do consider accounts?  All the different facilities, which can have a hundred people dictating or individual physician offices?  Just curious?  As I was warned by some of you kind transcriptionists, I did not get my own hospital where I previouslly worked, but have gotten several large facilities in the state.  When I question the supv, she always says "you are primary" on my old hospital.  Like to know how that is since I rarely get their dictation and she has admi ...

MT Accounts
Sep 11, 2013

When a healthcare facility outsources to a company such as M Modal do the MT's who were in-house retain their own transcription jobs they once had?  Is this a contractual agreement between M Modal and the healthcare facility?  ...

Wow My Accounts Rot
Sep 15, 2013

I was on other accounts for most of my shift and then got switched back to my normals. Mine are terrible, how can I get switched, tired of listening to foreign docs all day long. ...