A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

IMPOSSIBLE to make a living working at Nuance. - Just ran out of work on 5 accounts.

Posted: Aug 11, 2014

This is beyond insane. Why hire all these new people and pay for training and benefits only to have EVERYONE run out of work? It makes no business sense whatsoever. The person making these decisions must have received their MBA from a Cracker Jack's box. It's bad enough that we're being paid peanuts (pun intended), but to run out of work, too? Come on, people. Develop some sense and sensitivity. Thank you.

It makes perfect sense..... - nana7

[ In Reply To ..]
It keeps them within turn around time. It makes them look good and that is all that matters to them. What it does to you is of no significance to these people anymore.

They've been doing it for years this way. Hire, hire, hire, - then fire, fire, fire.

[ In Reply To ..]
About an equal number just give up and quit, too. Poorest business model I've ever witnessed. Only thing they are really good at is off-shoring what used to be rather solidly middle class jobs.

Living - CAM

[ In Reply To ..]
Heck I can hardly make a living and I pretty much never run out of work.

RIP NUANCE - SRS

[ In Reply To ..]
They have no sense or sensitivity and their TSMs are puppets -- doing what they are told, living by the handbook and not real life situations. I just left there after 3 years -- consistently with no MUP and always 99% and above accuracy. I wanted to take a family vacation and make up my time because I didn't have PTO, but you can only make up time the week before you are planning to have off. Not after your vaca or even 2 weeks, 3 weeks before. Oh and BTW, I kept running out of work the week before my vacation, so there was no opportunity to even make up my time. THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!!! AND THEY OFFSHORE - WHICH MIGHT EXPLAIN WHY I KEPT RUNNING OUT OF WORK. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY... LOYALTY AND DEDICATION DO NOT MATTER.

Similar Messages:

Can You Make A Living Working For IMEDX
Dec 24, 2014

Can you make a living working for IMEDX.  They said they pay 4 cpl for editing and 8 cpl for straight typing with an 80% editing and 20% straight typing account.  That does not seem like you could make a living.  Just wondering. ...

Undoubtedly It Is Just Impossible To Make $100
May 20, 2011

I am just flying along thinking I am doing great.  The numbers just don't seem to be going up.  I think after 8 hours I SURELY made at least $100, but when I figure it, nope.  How can this be? ...

Impossible To Make Decent Lines.
Feb 18, 2011

I have been put on 3 new accounts this week and I have been having a hell of a time making any lines at all this week. Now, I hardly get any work from my old account. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve my line count? ...

Impossible To Make Any Money The Way The Line Count Is Set Up?
Jan 15, 2011

Is it just me or are these companies making it impossible to make any money the way the line count is set up?  I can type all day and make very close to minimum wage.  It never was this way before. ...

Impossible To How Many Full-time To Not Make Hours.
Jan 26, 2013

I haven't made by 80 hours per pay in quite a long time (almost a year).  I sure there are some of you out there, too.  They must not mind paying their portion of my benefits from health insurance to life insurance, STD, an on.  What is up with that?  I have never had a call saying I have to make my hours up or get called on the carpet for only sometimes putting in 50 hours or less.  I just don't get it! ...

Just Had A Baby And Trying To Get Back To Working...impossible!
Dec 23, 2009

I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and I am trying to start back working which I am finding impossible.  I posted about this before I had my baby and a lot of you said that it was possible to work with a newborn......How!?  I am so stressed out because I need to start back working because we need the money but everytime I try to she starts crying or needs something.  For those of you who have experience with this, how did you work with a newborn in the house?  Please any tips and ...

Cant Seem To Make A Living
Feb 22, 2010

I have worked as a radiology transcriptionist for over ten years .  My pay has been cut in half and jobs are hard to find. I take tests and no one calls back.  I usually only have their email anyway.    I am now learning acute care because it seems for last few years it has been the only game in town.  However, I cannot believe how hard it is and I am getting paid the same as radiology.  It's becoming impossible to afford to live on this income, but I ...

Can You Really Make A Living?
May 21, 2011

I just accepted a job at AllType and the majority of my account is VC.  I have not dropped my other position I had as IC and no VC.  I am wondering, as this is my first time ever doing VC, can you really make a living at this?  I know I will NEVER make a fortune at this job but an 800+ paycheck every 2 weeks would sure be desirable.  Thanks. ...

Can You Make A Living As An MT?
Oct 16, 2011

I am thinking about going to The Andrews School to become an MT. I have taken the pre enrollment exam and they said i passed with a score of 84%, which i think is pretty good for not knowing what im doing. But,  today i was surfing the web and seen a post from someone that was ranting about how the school is a scam and after they completed the course they got a job where they had to work 60-70 hours per week and only get paid 3 cents per line. So, i was wanting to know if there is any Andre ...

Can I Really Make A Living?
Oct 20, 2011

Experienced MTs please tell me, can a person actually make a living at this. I am a newbie, working from home for the last 4 months.   I am feeling very discouraged by my paychecks.  I am just barely making minimum wage after working a full time schedule.  I like the work, but if I can't support myself doing this what is the point?  I would love to hear from those of you who have been doing this long term.  Thanks. ...

How Are We Supposed To Make A Living
Jun 13, 2014

I understood the problem with this MTSO over the winter with the horrible weather, but now?  I can hardly keep up with my bills as is.   ...

Cannot Make A Living As MT Anymore
Mar 09, 2015

So sad what this profession has come to. I am 57 years old, have been MT for 25+ years, always been a high producer with good QA scores. I made a really good living until January 2013 when Nuance acquired company, I chose not to accept their terms of employment. Went to another US based company (?) part time. Just did income tax and was shocked. Needless to say, I will not renew my contract again. It's just not worth the aggravation anymore. The incentive and production bonuses ...

Is Anyone Able To Make A Decent Living As A MT Anymore?
Nov 14, 2012

I quit my in-house MT job, a job that I had held for almost 20 years, a little over a year ago because of a new boss who drove me and about 10 other people to quit because she was so hard to work for.  I thought long and hard about it before I quit, but could not see myself putting up with her for the next 10-15 years until I could retire.  She was making some of us physically ill because of stress.  I believe we may have been "creatively downsized".  Since I q ...

Supervisors Can Make Your Life A Living
Nov 19, 2012

I have known this for all the years that I have been in this business, but unfortunately I came face to face, so to speak, with this problem again recently.  I stated a point to my supervisor by e-mail, and very nicely, about some technical difficulties I was having, and no matter how I would explain it, she did not understand what I said.  Even the tech told her that it was not due to my computer, but the connection I had.  She said she would call me, and I said I would look ...

Is Anyone Able To Make A Decent Living At Landmark Doing VR?
May 21, 2014

Over the past few months, the account that I am on has gone from being at least half straight typing to almost all VR, with only a very small handful of dictators that are still on straight transcription.  I am having a really hard time making a living since this has happened and my paychecks keep getting smaller and smaller.  I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation, or if it's just me.  My account is a pretty busy one, but most of these VR reports are a comple ...

Make A Living On The Futurenet MModal Platform?
Oct 23, 2013

Is anyone able to make a living on the Futurenet MModal platform?  My pay has decreased by 3/4s.     ...

I Make $8.50 An Hour With Webmedx/Nuance
Dec 09, 2011

Since we were acquired by the big N, "We" are on the old platform, not Dragon.  I don't get any reports that have templates or normals. The account has thousands of doctors.  This is as much as I can possibly make under these parameters. So running our "salary calculator," it comes out to $8.50 an hour.  I was making twice this 2 years ago for same company before it was acquired. ...

Impossible To Keep Up Production
Jul 11, 2010

I transcribe reports, do ASR reports and I also do MME work.   I find it impossible when I an constantly "switching gears" every day on 5-6 accounts to maintain a decent production.  How can anyone keep up with knowing all the CP's and keeping track of all the details of each account plus do the production we are supposed to do?  If someone has a suggestion, let me know.  We keep getting all these e-mails from QC regarding a complaint from a customer ...

The Only Way To Improve The Already Impossible 99% Is To
Oct 10, 2012

and correct the doctor before mistakes are made or ASR populates incorrect words/phrases....unfrigginbelievable ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

Working For Nuance???
Jun 06, 2012

I have been out of transcription for roughly 2-1/2 years but need to get back to work.  I am going back to school to get some add'l training this fall but in the meantime need a job.   They are recruiting right now and wondered if someone could tell me something about being an at-home transcriptionist for them?? Any info would be greatly appreciated; thanks!!!!   ...

Anyone Working For Nuance And Liking It???
May 02, 2011

So I hear a lot about how there is no work at Nuance now because they are over hiring and that they are a "nightmare" to work for. Is there anyone working there now that likes it and isn't having any problems?  ...

Any Positives Working For Nuance?
Mar 29, 2013

Is there anything positive about working for Nuance?  What's it like working on the eScription and Dictaphone ExText platforms?  What are your average line counts on those platforms?  I can average 400+ lph working on a clinic account, but I get to use lots of word expanders and templates, it's all straight typing as well.  I read somewhere they just made cuts in pay, was that across the board and how much of a cut was it?  I read that they start out at 4 ...

Still Working For Nuance, Nobody Else Will Hire Me
Nov 07, 2013

and I don't know why.  I have always been able to see an ad, respond to it, and have the job and the schedule I wanted now I'm not even getting responses to resumes and I'm wondering if it's because I'm so close to retirement.  I haven't worked that many places that it looks like I'm job jumping so I can't think of anything else and I'm getting a little nervous.  I need a second job really bad! ...

I Have Come To This Conclusion After Working At Nuance.
Feb 09, 2015

Since they constantly bounce us back and forth, forcing us to choose between production and quality, which have you chosen? Or aren't you there yet? I have chosen quality. At least for the moment. I think I'm getting just as whacko as they are. Signed, Present MUP Collector ...

Working For Nuance Transcription
Mar 25, 2015

Whoever is even thinking of trying to work for Nuance Transcription, should think again!  They are always running out of work and pay sucks big time! They have a new pay system where you are docked for almost everything! You have to meet 99% quality, which is no problem, as you should be meeting that anyway, but then they check your reports, always short ones and if they find an error, especially a major one, that docks your score way down, which in turn docks you pay, plus they then take y ...

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

Why Is It Impossible To Find Out The Cost Of Andrews
Apr 27, 2015

Can someone give me at least a ballpark figure for the course?  I don't want to send and email and/or call just yet....still not even sure I can afford to do this.  :)  Thanks!   ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...