A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Profit and Loss Statement - Shelley

Posted: Jun 13, 2010

i am an at home transcriptionist and have been for 23 years.  I am trying to do a home loan modification and I need a profit and loss statement.  Does anyone have a sample report pertaining specifically to being an at-home independent contractor?  My tax man says he doesn't know how to do one, although he does the Schedule C for me on my taxes.  Any suggestions/samples?   Thank you!

you need a new "tax man" - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
A Schedule C is a "Profit and Loss Statement" . . . take a look at the copies of your tax return. You should have been submitting this form for 23 years.

Perhaps you misunderstood what your accountant was telling you?

Profit and Loss - Sweetie

[ In Reply To ..]
A profit and loss statement is really simple, it is a list of the money you take in and the money that goes out.

Schedule C is called "profit and loss from business" so I would think that a copy of last years taxes would suffice.

Similar Messages:

Profit Vs. Not-for-profit Hospitals...
Sep 13, 2012

Are there any opinions whether a not-for-profit (religious-affiliated) hospital is less likely to outsource their medical transcription work....more likely to try to keep the jobs in-house for their employees?   I had a friend tell me that, about trying to get a job with a not-for-profit hospital near us.  However, though I'm sure they'd LOVE to keep their employees' jobs, I just have to wonder how ANY hospital is able to keep their MT department in-house in this curren ...

The Q Posts 34% Profit....
Nov 12, 2010

MedQuist sees 34% increase in Q3 revenue Published 12 November 2010 MedQuist has posted a net income of $8.97m in the third quarter 2010, or $0.24 per diluted share, compared to net income of $9.7m, or $0.26 per diluted share, in the comparable period in 2009. MedQuist is a provider of integrated clinical documentation solutions for the US healthcare industry. MedQuist's operating income was $13.29m, compared to $8.12m for the comparable period in 2009. The company has posted a ...

Transcription Co. Profit 101
Dec 03, 2014

For a transcription company, their biggest sales pitch is voice recognition.  This is how it works . . . 1.  Hire us, and it will only be a matter of a few months, and 75% of your documents will be 100% voice recognition - cost 0.3 cents per line. 2.  During the system training, the cost is 0.20 cents a line for documents that are transcribed completely from voice. 3.  Documents that are edited by transcriptionists, are only 0.7 cents per line. The hospital does the math, ...

Employees Who Generate No Profit For Nuance
Feb 26, 2015

I just wonder has anyone ever tried to calculate the cost involved in recruiting, hiring and training the long line of people who come through the revolving doors of Scruance? There seems to be a never-ending stream of newbies. Meanwhile, the long-time, loyal, revenue-producing MTs are getting the shaft. And what about the cost of employees who do the recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, QAing, QCing, auditing, TSMing, COMing and POCing in addition to other nonrevenue-producin ...

130 Percent Profit But Cannot Give Raises.
May 29, 2015

I listened to the meeting. At least I get paid my hourly rate.  ...

Companies That Provide 401Ks And Profit-sharing:
Oct 20, 2009

There's just ONE, eensy-weensy little problem with MT companies providing their employees with a 401K as one of their benefits: What person on a measly MT's earnings can afford to put anything into it?????  I can't spare even a dollar at the end of each pay period, and haven't been able to put anything into even a savings account for years.  Did it ever occur to them that a retirement account is USELESS if you don't pay your employees enough to fund it? ...

Just Saw On The CBS Evening News That The Gov. Is Going To Crack Down On For-profit Schools.
Jun 02, 2011

Apparently they're exorbitantly priced, large percentages of their students default on their government loans, and they don't prepare the students adequately for the careers they promised.  Sound familiar? ...

See Statement...
Oct 17, 2010

A s/l perineophin phenomenon observed in the course of a chronic lymphoproliferative condition, specificly chronic lymphocytic leukemia were also discussed.  C64ED479-637D-72C5-8E5C-49991D37A20F 1.02.28 ...

MedQuist Cost Cuts Lift Profit 7 Percent
May 13, 2010

MedQuist said it reduced employee head count last year and lowered transcription costs by increasing its use of speech recognition technology. = employees took the loss while they got the gain! (Courier Post) ...

ADP Paycheck Statement
Dec 01, 2012

As an ex-Transcender/now Nuance employee (ugh!), we used to be able to see what our paycheck would be two days in advance by logging onto ADP and checking our "pay statements" from the home page. On the "new" ADP per Nuance, it seems that is not available any more.  Has anyone had any luck seeing their pay statements on the new downloaded site or know where to go? Thanks! ...

Re: Babbletype CEO Statement
Apr 30, 2013

As a wise man once said, 'don't get in a pissing match with a skunk.' ...

I Am So Sick Of This Particular Statement In All CPs.
Dec 12, 2013

" WT SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE Please refer to the WT Specific Instructions section of the client profile." And 99% of the time there are no specific instructions. Just put the specific instructions in that space! ...

Someone Below Made The Statement To End All Statements
Jan 20, 2010

Do you agree with this?  'A reality check for you would be to see your job for what it is. You are a typist, transcriptionist or what used to be known as a STENO POOL worker.' And:  'It's not that difficult a job to learn to do.' Or do you see yourself as a skilled professional called on to make life and death decisions of your own when typing medical records (ex:  Did the mumbling ESL dictator mean '4 mg' of nitroglycerin as dictated and spa ...

Breast Exam - Please See Statement
Nov 30, 2011

I don't get a lot female exams and not sure of this breast exam statement.  Please help.  Thanks. s/l tail of the breast tissue is easily palpable and full ...

Found This Statement In The SEC Filings.
Dec 07, 2012

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-6ARM1D/2206687409x0xS1441567-12-6/1441567/filing.pdf Additionally, our expanding footprint in India has enabled us to increase our offshore production from 28% of our volume to 47% over this same period. The financial impact of these measures has been an improvement in gross margins during this timeframe from 34% to 46%.   Employees       As of December 31, 2011, we had more than 12,000 employees across five cou ...

I Wonder If I Should Worry About This. ADP Pay Statement Says Transcend Svc.,
Jan 11, 2013

I'm not one of the former Transcend employees, my buyout was Encompass some time ago.   Is everybody else seeing the same on their pay statement at ADP when they click on the highlighted date under Pay Date? ...

AAPC Statement On ICD-10 Delay
Apr 03, 2014

Open Letter from CEO: ICD-10 Delay April 3, 2014 Thank you for your commitment to your profession and all you do to help AAPC advance the business of healthcare. I write to you as a follow up to the email we sent Monday night regarding Senate passage of HR 4302 and the delay in ICD-10. President Obama signed the bill into law Tuesday morning, officially shifting the deadline for ICD-10 compliance from October 1, 2014 to no earlier than October 1, 2015. AAPC remains dedicated to helping the in ...

I Need To Print A Pay Statement But Can't View
Feb 11, 2015

to contact regarding this?  Do we need to be in a specific browser in order to view/print?  I tried in IE and Firefox Mozilla, and when I click on the date I want to view/print, nothing happens.  ...

M-Modal Disclosure Statement Of ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ??
Mar 24, 2012

Was I the only person who had a problem with signing M-Modal's FULL DISCLOSURE agreement that they want you to sign when you start?  Giving them "carte blanche" to any and all information into your life??, which I obviously did not sign??? ...

Global Info Systems Deceiving On DoD Contract Statement And Others
Jan 23, 2014

The statement they posted earlier in MTStars about the Dept of Defense is incorrect.  DPTS won the contract.  Global is a "subcontractor" of DPTS.  Therefore, DPTS is 1 of 4 companies proven, not GIS.  Also, it shows on the website that the CEO is Indian and their other office is in India, so yes, it is OWNED by an Indian.  Also, they started out in the post stating "THEY" and "anonymous" then put "See you at the conference", etc.  Shows that you are the m ...

It's Disgraceful That MModal Hasn't Made A Public Statement
Mar 08, 2014

This is an absolute disgrace.  Not just out of courtesy to the employees that break their back to earn the money they've mismanaged, but also as a courtesy to their clients who pump money into their overly fattened wallets.  What kind of a company allows an entire day to fly by on the heels of a bankruptcy announcement in the press and doesn't make a statement?  Do they honestly believe we don't know this is happening?  Surely they must know their employees a ...

Not To Count My Loss
Nov 05, 2009

why at the end of every shift do I still bother to calculate my line totals - transcription & VR - when 9 out of 10 times I am only discouraged???  Its not my lack of skill, knowledge , speed or anything I have done that determines this loss.  Why, oh why, do I hang in there.  Maybe for the occasional good day?  The high I get when I can fly through a report of an ESL doctor, because I know better what he is trying to say?  Or maybe its the constant editing with ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

EMR And Loss Of Contracts
Nov 03, 2010

Does anyone here integrate their transcription into an EMR?   If so, what EMR company is being used?  Looking for a way to keep a company from going down the EMR tubes! Help! thanks... ...

Fat Loss In Hands
May 18, 2013

Hello, this may be an unusual question, but I have been transcribing for about 3 months now, after completing 12 months at Career Step. I've been noticing over the last week that my hands are looking almost like skeleton hands. It's like the fat is disappearing and the bones are becoming more prominent. Also, the veins in my hands are becoming very, very vascular. They are about the diameter of a drinking straw. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this common with excessive typing? I ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Dispatcia??? Weight Loss
Aug 16, 2010

Please help....sounds like 'dispatcia' weight loss.  Clinical date for an US Abdominal Complete.  Thank You! ...

Concumbant Weight Loss??
Aug 30, 2010

He did have an incombutant/concubant/intontubant/?? 5 to 10 pund weight loss over the past 1 to 2 weeks. ...

S/l Parathagital Volume Loss On MRI
Nov 18, 2010

Thanks for any help! ...

Warning Of Benefit Loss
Jan 05, 2011

I have only been getting approximately 25 hours a week.  Yeah, I'm broke.  Luckily I have a husband who works or I would be in a mess.  Anyway, they have emailed me and said I have to have minimum 30 hours to continue to have medical ins.  Well, if the work isn't there, what am I supposed to do?  So, I asked my team lead to please give me a backup acct.  So she has sent out requests to other team leads and said she would let me know if one replie ...