A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I wonder if I should worry about this. ADP pay statement says Transcend Svc., - dba Nuance Transcription Svc.

Posted: Jan 11, 2013

I'm not one of the former Transcend employees, my buyout was Encompass some time ago.  

Is everybody else seeing the same on their pay statement at ADP when they click on the highlighted date under Pay Date?

Former Webmedx - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine says that too. I have a call in to Payroll.

I have always been a Nuance employee and - Mine says that as well

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks. Keep us updated, please. - OP (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I especially don't want any weirdness/delays with tax refund involved with my W2 when it comes.

DBA means "doing business as" so everything is okay. - Not worried

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks, I know what "dba" means, but I have never had any connection to Transcend. - OP (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
Considering what's par for the course, I do worry that this could make issues for any of us in terms of taxes or for those filing for partial/full unemployment, etc.
transcend - sufferinginsilence
[ In Reply To ..]
So just who the h*'ll do we work for, Nuance. Transcend or Equity Leasing Finance? An older post on this board said if you file for unemployment, then the company name is Equity
Another one said AlphaStaff. At least we know that one is out of the running now. - OP (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

As long as I get paid on time, I don't care whose name is on the check. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

I Always Worry
Feb 14, 2012

when I go to a company's site and see them using their low rates as a selling point to doctors. If they are under-bidding everyone else, how much can they be paying their MTs? ...

MD-IT PLATFORM HELP!! I Always Worry About
Jul 27, 2010

if a platform is productive or not.  They told me that all their accounts now use their own platform called "MD-IT"   Do we enter demos.  I guess it depends on the account.  Do we get paid for them if so?  Thanks guys ...

I Always Worry When A Doc Starts Spelling
Dec 07, 2011

He spelled cytoreduction for me tonight.  That makes me think that someone else misspelled it.    I just worry - in today's climate, if we make enough mistakes will they decide it 's easier to do it themselves if we can't do it right? It's late and I'm rambling, but I do think about this. ...

Anyone Else Worry About Sitting Too Long On This
Nov 17, 2012

articles about how bad it is for your health.  Some days I actually think I feel clots forming in my legs (probably all in my head though).  I'm looking for ways to be a healthier MT without lowering productivity.  ...

Why Does This Stupid Company Worry About Production
Mar 04, 2015

They have no work for us through their own manipulations. Almost everything now is on the inept, rotten VR so they can cut pay even more. They have the audacity to direct you to lie on your time card and even with doing so, production numbers would not look good because of them--goal being for us to mind their store all day through our workday and beyond, but they will cheat us out of even lousy minimum wage and overtime rightfully earned . When will this company have stolen enough! Hope to ...

MTStars A Community Of US Medical Transcriptionists And Their Companies Who Worry About What Is Bein
May 21, 2013

My point having been made in 2 short weeks, I will no longer be hanging out on this board.  Nuance, in its attempts to hide its egregious activities with certain employees, has infiltrated this board and it is no longer truly a community of US medical transcriptionists, but has become what could more aptly be called, "A company opportunity to do damage control for all POTENTIAL new employees about what the former employees said when they quit."  The board can, however, still ser ...

See Statement...
Oct 17, 2010

A s/l perineophin phenomenon observed in the course of a chronic lymphoproliferative condition, specificly chronic lymphocytic leukemia were also discussed.  C64ED479-637D-72C5-8E5C-49991D37A20F 1.02.28 ...

ADP Paycheck Statement
Dec 01, 2012

As an ex-Transcender/now Nuance employee (ugh!), we used to be able to see what our paycheck would be two days in advance by logging onto ADP and checking our "pay statements" from the home page. On the "new" ADP per Nuance, it seems that is not available any more.  Has anyone had any luck seeing their pay statements on the new downloaded site or know where to go? Thanks! ...

Re: Babbletype CEO Statement
Apr 30, 2013

As a wise man once said, 'don't get in a pissing match with a skunk.' ...

I Am So Sick Of This Particular Statement In All CPs.
Dec 12, 2013

" WT SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE Please refer to the WT Specific Instructions section of the client profile." And 99% of the time there are no specific instructions. Just put the specific instructions in that space! ...

Someone Below Made The Statement To End All Statements
Jan 20, 2010

Do you agree with this?  'A reality check for you would be to see your job for what it is. You are a typist, transcriptionist or what used to be known as a STENO POOL worker.' And:  'It's not that difficult a job to learn to do.' Or do you see yourself as a skilled professional called on to make life and death decisions of your own when typing medical records (ex:  Did the mumbling ESL dictator mean '4 mg' of nitroglycerin as dictated and spa ...

Profit And Loss Statement
Jun 13, 2010

i am an at home transcriptionist and have been for 23 years.  I am trying to do a home loan modification and I need a profit and loss statement.  Does anyone have a sample report pertaining specifically to being an at-home independent contractor?  My tax man says he doesn't know how to do one, although he does the Schedule C for me on my taxes.  Any suggestions/samples?   Thank you! ...

Breast Exam - Please See Statement
Nov 30, 2011

I don't get a lot female exams and not sure of this breast exam statement.  Please help.  Thanks. s/l tail of the breast tissue is easily palpable and full ...

Found This Statement In The SEC Filings.
Dec 07, 2012

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-6ARM1D/2206687409x0xS1441567-12-6/1441567/filing.pdf Additionally, our expanding footprint in India has enabled us to increase our offshore production from 28% of our volume to 47% over this same period. The financial impact of these measures has been an improvement in gross margins during this timeframe from 34% to 46%.   Employees       As of December 31, 2011, we had more than 12,000 employees across five cou ...

AAPC Statement On ICD-10 Delay
Apr 03, 2014

Open Letter from CEO: ICD-10 Delay April 3, 2014 Thank you for your commitment to your profession and all you do to help AAPC advance the business of healthcare. I write to you as a follow up to the email we sent Monday night regarding Senate passage of HR 4302 and the delay in ICD-10. President Obama signed the bill into law Tuesday morning, officially shifting the deadline for ICD-10 compliance from October 1, 2014 to no earlier than October 1, 2015. AAPC remains dedicated to helping the in ...

I Need To Print A Pay Statement But Can't View
Feb 11, 2015

to contact regarding this?  Do we need to be in a specific browser in order to view/print?  I tried in IE and Firefox Mozilla, and when I click on the date I want to view/print, nothing happens.  ...

M-Modal Disclosure Statement Of ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ??
Mar 24, 2012

Was I the only person who had a problem with signing M-Modal's FULL DISCLOSURE agreement that they want you to sign when you start?  Giving them "carte blanche" to any and all information into your life??, which I obviously did not sign??? ...

Global Info Systems Deceiving On DoD Contract Statement And Others
Jan 23, 2014

The statement they posted earlier in MTStars about the Dept of Defense is incorrect.  DPTS won the contract.  Global is a "subcontractor" of DPTS.  Therefore, DPTS is 1 of 4 companies proven, not GIS.  Also, it shows on the website that the CEO is Indian and their other office is in India, so yes, it is OWNED by an Indian.  Also, they started out in the post stating "THEY" and "anonymous" then put "See you at the conference", etc.  Shows that you are the m ...

It's Disgraceful That MModal Hasn't Made A Public Statement
Mar 08, 2014

This is an absolute disgrace.  Not just out of courtesy to the employees that break their back to earn the money they've mismanaged, but also as a courtesy to their clients who pump money into their overly fattened wallets.  What kind of a company allows an entire day to fly by on the heels of a bankruptcy announcement in the press and doesn't make a statement?  Do they honestly believe we don't know this is happening?  Surely they must know their employees a ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...

Transcend....yet Again
Jun 05, 2010

I was with the company for over five years, not once failing to meet the requirements of me yet I was told my position would have to change to 2nd or 3rd shift if I wanted to keep my job as there were no positions available for 1st shift.  Two days after resigning I see they are hiring for 1st shift positions on a typing only platform which is what I wanted. I just don't get it. ...

Transcend Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Our company was bought by Transcend and will start working for them in August.  Can anyone tell me what their starting line rate is or their average cpl. ...