A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

AAPC Statement on ICD-10 Delay - CT

Posted: Apr 03, 2014

Open Letter from CEO: ICD-10 Delay

April 3, 2014

Thank you for your commitment to your profession and all you do to help AAPC advance the business of healthcare. I write to you as a follow up to the email we sent Monday night regarding Senate passage of HR 4302 and the delay in ICD-10. President Obama signed the bill into law Tuesday morning, officially shifting the deadline for ICD-10 compliance from October 1, 2014 to no earlier than October 1, 2015.

AAPC remains dedicated to helping the industry prepare for ICD-10 implementation. Here are just a few things we are doing to help you to stay involved and be prepared for implementation:

1. AAPC will be working with our National and Chapter Association advisory boards to help ensure members’ voices are heard and their needs are met as we work towards a new implementation deadline.
  2. AAPC will update all of its ICD-10 training courses and resources to reflect the delay and what organizations should be doing with the additional time to prepare.
  3. Members and customers who have purchased and received ICD-10 General Code Set training prior to October 1, 2014 will receive:
    1. Extended access to the online component of the training through September 30, 2015
    2. Free refresher webinars beginning on November 1, 2014 and continuing through the ICD-10 implementation date
  4. AAPC actively monitors both legislative and regulatory activity and will continue to keep you updated with news updates, e-newsletters, announcements, etc.

We remain focused on serving and enabling you to adapt to the ever-changing healthcare environment. AAPC will host a one-hour webinar on April 10, 2014 at 1:00PM EDT for members and customers to answer additional questions and provide more insights into what the delay in implementation means to your organization’s preparation efforts. Because of technology constraints, registration is limited to the first 1,000 participants. However, a recording of the event and answers to common questions will be posted within 24 hours of the live broadcast.

Thanks again for your commitment and involvement.

Jason J. VandenAkker
AAPC CEO

http://news.aapc.com/index.php/2014/04/open-letter-from-ceo-icd-10-delay/

Hmm, but what we really - want to know...

[ In Reply To ..]
...is if there will be free CEUs with those webinars!!

Similar Messages:

Intraventricular Conduction Delay Versus Intervenricular Conduction Delay
Nov 12, 2010

Is there any way to tell the difference between these two terms? I don't really understand what they mean other than *inter*ventricular would mean occuring between the 2 ventricles and *intra*ventricular occuring within one ventricle. Right?? I am doing a cardiology report right now and really can't distinguish the difference. The doctor gives some terms regarding what's going on like long Q-T and left atrial enlargement. Can someone point me to a site that explains this in great, ...

Documanage Serious Delay
Mar 31, 2010

Is anyone else having problems with F5 today in Docuscribe to get to Documanage.  I am having at least a 1-minute delay before it goes to Documanage to look up Client Profiles.  I need to know if this is a problem on my end or on their end.  I cannot waste this kind of time looking up information.  It is probably just one more way for them to slow us down.  ...

Delay Opening Posts
Aug 23, 2013

It takes me 3-5 minutes to open each post on this site.  Any suggestions? ...

Will The Rider Pass? ICD-10 Delay To Oct '15?
Mar 26, 2014

Congress to Vote on ICD-10 Delay Tomorrow, AHIMA Calls for Action to Stop Bill Today A new bill has been quietly introduced into the US House and Senate that features a section calling for the delay ICD-10-CM/PCS implementation until 2015. The bill, which would adjust the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) and amend the Social Security Act to extend Medicare payments to physicians and change other provisions of the Medicare and Medicaid programs, also includes a seven line section that would delay ...

Why The Delay In Uploading Lines Under The
Dec 17, 2014

This plan was touted as easy, transparent. Where are our lines, Nuance? Some of us have mouths to feed and utilities to pay and we need to be able to decide early on if the kids go hungry or the lights get shut off. I know you can't imagine this, but it's real for many of us. Why the delay in uploading lines? Hopefully, you've increased your HR staff in anticipation of the inquiries sure to come in explaining the easy, transparent formula once you do hit the submit button. ...

Cannot Seem To Find The Correct Info Regarding ICD-10 Delay
Apr 18, 2012

I last read that ICD-10 change is now delayed until October 2014.  Can anyone confirm this? ...

See Statement...
Oct 17, 2010

A s/l perineophin phenomenon observed in the course of a chronic lymphoproliferative condition, specificly chronic lymphocytic leukemia were also discussed.  C64ED479-637D-72C5-8E5C-49991D37A20F 1.02.28 ...

S/l: Epidosis Disease. UGI, Abdominal Pain, Delay In Emptying
Nov 23, 2009

Delayed emptying, abdominal pain, diverticula of duodenum.  Anyone? INDICATION:  Abdominal pain, possible "epidolsis disease." Thanks! ...

ADP Paycheck Statement
Dec 01, 2012

As an ex-Transcender/now Nuance employee (ugh!), we used to be able to see what our paycheck would be two days in advance by logging onto ADP and checking our "pay statements" from the home page. On the "new" ADP per Nuance, it seems that is not available any more.  Has anyone had any luck seeing their pay statements on the new downloaded site or know where to go? Thanks! ...

Re: Babbletype CEO Statement
Apr 30, 2013

As a wise man once said, 'don't get in a pissing match with a skunk.' ...

I Am So Sick Of This Particular Statement In All CPs.
Dec 12, 2013

" WT SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE Please refer to the WT Specific Instructions section of the client profile." And 99% of the time there are no specific instructions. Just put the specific instructions in that space! ...

Someone Below Made The Statement To End All Statements
Jan 20, 2010

Do you agree with this?  'A reality check for you would be to see your job for what it is. You are a typist, transcriptionist or what used to be known as a STENO POOL worker.' And:  'It's not that difficult a job to learn to do.' Or do you see yourself as a skilled professional called on to make life and death decisions of your own when typing medical records (ex:  Did the mumbling ESL dictator mean '4 mg' of nitroglycerin as dictated and spa ...

Profit And Loss Statement
Jun 13, 2010

i am an at home transcriptionist and have been for 23 years.  I am trying to do a home loan modification and I need a profit and loss statement.  Does anyone have a sample report pertaining specifically to being an at-home independent contractor?  My tax man says he doesn't know how to do one, although he does the Schedule C for me on my taxes.  Any suggestions/samples?   Thank you! ...

Breast Exam - Please See Statement
Nov 30, 2011

I don't get a lot female exams and not sure of this breast exam statement.  Please help.  Thanks. s/l tail of the breast tissue is easily palpable and full ...

Found This Statement In The SEC Filings.
Dec 07, 2012

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-6ARM1D/2206687409x0xS1441567-12-6/1441567/filing.pdf Additionally, our expanding footprint in India has enabled us to increase our offshore production from 28% of our volume to 47% over this same period. The financial impact of these measures has been an improvement in gross margins during this timeframe from 34% to 46%.   Employees       As of December 31, 2011, we had more than 12,000 employees across five cou ...

I Wonder If I Should Worry About This. ADP Pay Statement Says Transcend Svc.,
Jan 11, 2013

I'm not one of the former Transcend employees, my buyout was Encompass some time ago.   Is everybody else seeing the same on their pay statement at ADP when they click on the highlighted date under Pay Date? ...

I Need To Print A Pay Statement But Can't View
Feb 11, 2015

to contact regarding this?  Do we need to be in a specific browser in order to view/print?  I tried in IE and Firefox Mozilla, and when I click on the date I want to view/print, nothing happens.  ...

M-Modal Disclosure Statement Of ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ??
Mar 24, 2012

Was I the only person who had a problem with signing M-Modal's FULL DISCLOSURE agreement that they want you to sign when you start?  Giving them "carte blanche" to any and all information into your life??, which I obviously did not sign??? ...

Global Info Systems Deceiving On DoD Contract Statement And Others
Jan 23, 2014

The statement they posted earlier in MTStars about the Dept of Defense is incorrect.  DPTS won the contract.  Global is a "subcontractor" of DPTS.  Therefore, DPTS is 1 of 4 companies proven, not GIS.  Also, it shows on the website that the CEO is Indian and their other office is in India, so yes, it is OWNED by an Indian.  Also, they started out in the post stating "THEY" and "anonymous" then put "See you at the conference", etc.  Shows that you are the m ...

It's Disgraceful That MModal Hasn't Made A Public Statement
Mar 08, 2014

This is an absolute disgrace.  Not just out of courtesy to the employees that break their back to earn the money they've mismanaged, but also as a courtesy to their clients who pump money into their overly fattened wallets.  What kind of a company allows an entire day to fly by on the heels of a bankruptcy announcement in the press and doesn't make a statement?  Do they honestly believe we don't know this is happening?  Surely they must know their employees a ...

AAPC
Apr 10, 2010

How good are their coding classes?  I am looking for a accredited place.   Are there any other good places? ...

AAPC Coding Course... SM
Nov 06, 2010

Has anyone taking the coding course through the AAPC?  I am thinking of taking the outpatient coding course.  It has to be good, right?  I mean they administer the tests for the certification, etc.  My choices right now are Andrews, Career Step, and AAPC and I really am leaning towards AAPC.  Just thought I would check in and see if anyone has any opinions on this course....  Thanks Guys!!! ...

AAPC Coding Course
Nov 12, 2010

I am an MT totally ready to move out of the house, off my 16-hour chair sitting for peanuts and on to the coding field.  I have researched for months, looked here for months, and came upon this website, as well.  Just seeing if anyone out there would recommend the course from AAPC?  Thanks a bunch for your input and advice!!  I don't want to waste my time/money or be scammed.. (: Happy Friday all! ...

Has Anyone Taking The AAPC Course?
Jan 05, 2011

I cannot afford the money to go to a college, so I was wondering how good the AAPC course is.  HAs anyone taken it?  What did you think? ...

AHIMA/AAPC
Feb 25, 2011

Anyone out there a member of AHIMA or AAPC?  Did you join after you became certified, or before?  What are your thoughts about joining?   ...

CPC Course Through AAPC Extension
Jun 12, 2011

I'm taking the CPC coding course through AAPC.  I have four months to complete it, but haven't done so yet.  It says on their website that I can get an extension for $29.95 a month, but I can't find anywhere to send it?  Can somebody please help?  Thank's! ...

Question About AAPC's CPC Course
Jul 07, 2013

So I've been thinking about the big transition from MT to coding myself. Has anyone done the AAPC's CPC course and if so, did you find the instructors helpful and that the course was beneficial? Did you find that employers accepted it as a good training program when you applied for a job? One thing I'm concerned about is that I don't see on their course where they are including anything about ICD-10 training. You would think since it's so close they'd go ahead and o ...

CareerStep Or AAPC
Feb 08, 2015

I know this question has been asked in the past, but most replies are 3-4 years old.  Looking at both programs, anybody taken either course?  Which would be the better of the two?  Also has anyone who has graduated from the CareerStep program gained employment with IOD? Thank you for your input! ...

AHIMA (CCS) Versus AAPC (CPC) Which Is Better?
May 09, 2010

There is a lengthy debate as to which of two certifications CCS or CPC are good choices and which will yield better result. The AAPC webiste states that the CPC is a physician/provider-based coding cert. Hospitals are usually looking for facility-based coding certifications, as those credentials apply to their line of business & clinical setting.Hospital certified coders generally code in the hospital (e.g., CPC-H, CCS) and physician certified coders (e.g., CPC, CCS-P) usually code in provid ...

Went To AAPC Chapter Mtg. Question Re CPC-H Vs CCS
May 31, 2010

I had a great time as a guest at a local AAPC chapter meeting last week. The subject was Coding as a Career which was perfect for a first-timer! I noticed that CPC has an "H" credential for hospital. How does that compare to the CCS credential which is for inpatient coding? The main speaker who started out with AHIMA credential and has added AAPC said that CPC is becoming more popular. She is a department head and has hiring responsibility for a large hospital/clinic system. She said they woul ...