A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Found this statement in the SEC filings. - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Posted: Dec 07, 2012

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-6ARM1D/2206687409x0xS1441567-12-6/1441567/filing.pdf

Additionally, our expanding footprint in India has enabled us to increase our offshore production from 28% of our volume to 47% over this same period. The financial impact of these measures has been an improvement in gross margins during this timeframe from 34% to 46%.

Employees

As of December 31, 2011, we had more than 12,000 employees across five countries. Most of our employees are MTs and MEs involved in the production and quality assurance of clinical documentation. As of December 31, 2011, approximately 6,300 of our employees were located in the United States and 5,600 of our employees, the majority of whom provide transcription and editing services, and are based in India. Our employees are not represented by any labor union and are not organized under a collective bargaining agreement, and we have never experienced A WORK STOPPAGE.  WE BELIEVE THAT OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR EMPLOYEES ARE GENERALLY GOOD.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????  NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. 

why do people dislike truthful posts - hate the dislike button

[ In Reply To ..]
This is sickening infomation and there is nothing to dislike about it.

Maybe they disliked the sickening information, not disliked the post... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

that's what I think, too - fwiw

[ In Reply To ..]

That is why everyone needs to get out - of this field.

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not a profession anymore. Company ruined this career by company greed and profits. This is a slave labor job just like back in the 1900s. After 20 years, what do I have to show for myself by staying with this company? NOTHING. Just more pay decreases, losing accounts to India and then no job.

What am I doing about it? Almost done with college.

Unbelievable - disgusted

[ In Reply To ..]
They are delusional if they think that their relationship with the employees is generally good. Ask Vern apparently never looks at his email to see the complaints, that way he can claim ignorance. This company does all it can to discourage chatter between employees in order to organize, they would hate for a labor union to come in. As for a work stoppage, I believe India was able to pull one off here lately.

By the way, in the tiny print it says they increased their gross margin 12%. That is a lot of money. So all we got was the possibility of a $10 spot award? The company made millions and we got a 1% 401K match?

They know their relationships with - my2cents

[ In Reply To ..]
employees is not good. The statement made by MModal that the OP posted was propaganda for investors. They are saying everyone is happy b/c they have not formed a Labor Union....so what say we organize so they know everyone is unhappy? What do you think would happen with their investors then?

I was also surprised that their debt is only $300m? - I knew they

[ In Reply To ..]
were making money hand over fist off of us to be buying up everything on their wish list and have no more debt than that.

Time frame is 2 words, Corporate. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Maybe it's finally time to change that "not represented - by a union" status. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

I would have joined a union in a heartbeat; however, - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it would have been beneficial when there were just U.S. MTs. I don't believe it would do anything now but hasten our demise to the Indian workforce who is still willing to work for nothing. I think the time for unionization has passed.

This filing is incredibly long, but the most - interesting read concerning

[ In Reply To ..]
M-Modal I have read including many eye-opening facts about the offshore component of business. I didn't know that M-Modal uses "cloud" technology.

"Speech recognition and natural language understanding technologies, including our own, are not accurate in every instance." This statement made me laugh out loud!

"Recent legislation and possible negative publicity may impede our ability to utilize offshore production capabilities.
Certain state laws restrict the transmission of personally identifiable information regarding a U.S. resident to any foreign affiliate, subcontractor
or unaffiliated third party without adequate privacy protections or without providing notice of the transmission and an opportunity to opt out.
Some of the laws require patient consent. These laws impose liability on healthcare businesses arising from the improper sharing or other misuse
of personally identifiable information. Some laws create a private civil cause of action that allow an injured party to recover damages sustained
as a result of a violation of the law. A number of states have also considered, or are in the process of considering, prohibitions or limitations on
the disclosure of medical or other information to individuals or entities located outside of the U.S. Further, as a result of concerns regarding the
possible misuse of personally identifiable information, some of our customers have contractually limited our ability to use MTs and MEs located
outside of the U.S. The effect of these laws would limit our ability to utilize our lower-cost offshore production facilities for affected customers,
which could adversely affect our operating margins."

"As business process outsourcing and “off-shoring” have grown in
recent years, concerns have also grown about the impact of these phenomena on jobs in the United States. These concerns could drive
government policy in a way which is disadvantageous to us. Further, if government regulation or market practices leads to fewer individuals
seeking medical treatment, we could experience a decline in our processing volumes."

Filing speaks of concerns of the Indian government and how it can/will affect M-Modal. Really facinating stuff. Not the usual propaganda we hear.

I am confused by the whole article. What is it's - purpose?

[ In Reply To ..]
It isn't a marketing hoo-rah per their usual. It is more of a CYA report of everything that COULD go wrong and adversely affect profits? Kind of a weird position to go public with I thought.

off shore - ORMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is saying that the US is not too happy about off-shoring their medical records.

It's an SEC filing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That's the governmental agency that regulates companies. They are legally required to make certain disclosures of possible complications to people who are going to buy their stock.

Probably moot point now. I thought they are now - privately owned with JP Morgan.

[ In Reply To ..]
Just form filing anyway with typical CYA disclosures.

Similar Messages:

See Statement...
Oct 17, 2010

A s/l perineophin phenomenon observed in the course of a chronic lymphoproliferative condition, specificly chronic lymphocytic leukemia were also discussed.  C64ED479-637D-72C5-8E5C-49991D37A20F 1.02.28 ...

ADP Paycheck Statement
Dec 01, 2012

As an ex-Transcender/now Nuance employee (ugh!), we used to be able to see what our paycheck would be two days in advance by logging onto ADP and checking our "pay statements" from the home page. On the "new" ADP per Nuance, it seems that is not available any more.  Has anyone had any luck seeing their pay statements on the new downloaded site or know where to go? Thanks! ...

Re: Babbletype CEO Statement
Apr 30, 2013

As a wise man once said, 'don't get in a pissing match with a skunk.' ...

I Am So Sick Of This Particular Statement In All CPs.
Dec 12, 2013

" WT SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE Please refer to the WT Specific Instructions section of the client profile." And 99% of the time there are no specific instructions. Just put the specific instructions in that space! ...

Someone Below Made The Statement To End All Statements
Jan 20, 2010

Do you agree with this?  'A reality check for you would be to see your job for what it is. You are a typist, transcriptionist or what used to be known as a STENO POOL worker.' And:  'It's not that difficult a job to learn to do.' Or do you see yourself as a skilled professional called on to make life and death decisions of your own when typing medical records (ex:  Did the mumbling ESL dictator mean '4 mg' of nitroglycerin as dictated and spa ...

Profit And Loss Statement
Jun 13, 2010

i am an at home transcriptionist and have been for 23 years.  I am trying to do a home loan modification and I need a profit and loss statement.  Does anyone have a sample report pertaining specifically to being an at-home independent contractor?  My tax man says he doesn't know how to do one, although he does the Schedule C for me on my taxes.  Any suggestions/samples?   Thank you! ...

Breast Exam - Please See Statement
Nov 30, 2011

I don't get a lot female exams and not sure of this breast exam statement.  Please help.  Thanks. s/l tail of the breast tissue is easily palpable and full ...

I Wonder If I Should Worry About This. ADP Pay Statement Says Transcend Svc.,
Jan 11, 2013

I'm not one of the former Transcend employees, my buyout was Encompass some time ago.   Is everybody else seeing the same on their pay statement at ADP when they click on the highlighted date under Pay Date? ...

AAPC Statement On ICD-10 Delay
Apr 03, 2014

Open Letter from CEO: ICD-10 Delay April 3, 2014 Thank you for your commitment to your profession and all you do to help AAPC advance the business of healthcare. I write to you as a follow up to the email we sent Monday night regarding Senate passage of HR 4302 and the delay in ICD-10. President Obama signed the bill into law Tuesday morning, officially shifting the deadline for ICD-10 compliance from October 1, 2014 to no earlier than October 1, 2015. AAPC remains dedicated to helping the in ...

I Need To Print A Pay Statement But Can't View
Feb 11, 2015

to contact regarding this?  Do we need to be in a specific browser in order to view/print?  I tried in IE and Firefox Mozilla, and when I click on the date I want to view/print, nothing happens.  ...

M-Modal Disclosure Statement Of ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ??
Mar 24, 2012

Was I the only person who had a problem with signing M-Modal's FULL DISCLOSURE agreement that they want you to sign when you start?  Giving them "carte blanche" to any and all information into your life??, which I obviously did not sign??? ...

Global Info Systems Deceiving On DoD Contract Statement And Others
Jan 23, 2014

The statement they posted earlier in MTStars about the Dept of Defense is incorrect.  DPTS won the contract.  Global is a "subcontractor" of DPTS.  Therefore, DPTS is 1 of 4 companies proven, not GIS.  Also, it shows on the website that the CEO is Indian and their other office is in India, so yes, it is OWNED by an Indian.  Also, they started out in the post stating "THEY" and "anonymous" then put "See you at the conference", etc.  Shows that you are the m ...

It's Disgraceful That MModal Hasn't Made A Public Statement
Mar 08, 2014

This is an absolute disgrace.  Not just out of courtesy to the employees that break their back to earn the money they've mismanaged, but also as a courtesy to their clients who pump money into their overly fattened wallets.  What kind of a company allows an entire day to fly by on the heels of a bankruptcy announcement in the press and doesn't make a statement?  Do they honestly believe we don't know this is happening?  Surely they must know their employees a ...

Think I Found My Out!
Sep 09, 2010

I think I have found my out of MTing finally.  I am going to try to be a home health aide.  It is perfect for me in every way!!  I am just so excited! ...

Look What I Found
Oct 28, 2011

I found the below on the Company Board, and wondered if this could be true? ... Because you've already put in your 40 hours. It is illegal to change your timesheets so they don't have to pay overtime. If they can't give you sufficient work and keep hiring people who take your work away from you, find a company that will give you enough work. Save the emails and send them to the department of labor. ...

I Just Found Out
May 13, 2012

I just found out that even though I am doing the minimal required lines (120) I am not earning minimum wage and so even if I increase my lines I won't make any more money....Until I am typing over 160 lines.   I am so angry.   Now they are pressuring me to get higher lines so I can get out of them paying minimum wage.  Which is insulting in itself.  I am going to try to do it and then be a benefited employee.  But I am just angry that 120 lines doesn' ...

Found This On FB......
Aug 18, 2013

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mmodal-inaugurates-new-medical-transcription-center-at-mysore-182340551.html   While not an MM employee, my heart goes out to all who got let go recently. ...

May Have Found A Way Out........
Aug 24, 2013

I have been in this (medical transcription) boat for a long time.  I have enjoyed it and been able to support myself.  The last few years I have been stubbornly trying to hang on and "ride the waves", but have finally gotten it through my thick head that this is NOT working for me anymore!  I hate what this industry has become!  Anyway, was looking on the website of our local technical college, and I think I have found something I may be interested in.  Going to lo ...

Found This On MSN....sm
Jun 18, 2015

BEST JOBS FOR WORKING AT HOME: Proofreader Average Pay: $18/hour Education: Bachelor's degree Medical Transcriptionist Average Pay: $17/hour Education: Associate's degree or one-year certification program Show me a company I can make $17/hour at. And proofreader....we already do that and again, not for $18/hour. ...

Something That I Found Very Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic. ...

Something I Found Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

I also posted this on the main board, but here goes. Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic ...

Wow, I Think I Have Found The Longest
Feb 22, 2010

Encephaloduroarteriomyosynangiosis.  Jeesh. Anyone have anything longer?  ...

Found Out What's Is Wrong With (at Least Some) Of Us.
Aug 01, 2010

In my quest to improve SOMETHING, I stumbled across "job burnout."  I think it is my problem and wanted to share. "A strong signal that the burnout victim is sliding into an existential crisis of meaninglessness is evident when the person's statements about work are cloaked with a "so what?" or "why bother?" attitude. This is particularly striking among burnout victims who were once very enthusiastic and dedicated." There is some very good information and might be helpful.  At ...

I Found This Quite Funny (in A Sad Way)
Jun 21, 2011

I put my resume up on one of the resume sites and it had an area where you could find out what the local and national average salary of whatever career you are in.  I typed in Medical Transcriptionist and my area.  Locally, I should be making $38,600, and on a national level I should be making $39,000!  Are any of us anywhere near those numbers???  I sure as heck am not!  My mouth would be totally shut if I was making that.  I know there are people who definitely ma ...

Found On DSG Website
Feb 04, 2011

while looking to respond to a job opening that they have a "Director International Transcriptionist Operations," is this meaning they outsource?  ...

Found This Interesting
Nov 10, 2011

Time to do something, nja, not enough money, will not allow me to schedule so I can find part time employment to supplement. This company is abusing us without question.   Doing some research and found these two articles:   http://www.mediate.com/articles/davenport.cfm and http://minoritysurvival.com/2011/07/15/six-ways-employers-abuse-workers/     ...

Found Out Something Interesting....
Jan 08, 2013

I was looking for job openings at our local hospital and it's a long story but, found out that they have taken their transcription back in-house.  Too many mistakes, not enough quality work, bad turn around times, et al.  I am applying today, in person with them.  I will offer to scrub their floors if that is what it takes to get back in to transcribing.  I know folks who work there and they get a very fair wage, benefits and time off!  ...

Found This In Archives And I Think It
Feb 26, 2013

I agree with her 100%. There will always be more of us, and we really could make a difference if we would just band together. I have always wanted to start a new association for MTs-AMERICAN MTs. Don't let them win. ...

I Am Almost Scared To Say This, But I May Have Found
Jan 04, 2014

a nonMT job!!  It is at WM.  As much as I hated WM, if they give me a job and I can earn a straight, steady, hourly wage, I will be SO grateful.  After being dumped on and treated like an idiot for 18+ years, I am almost out.  I sure hope so.  I need this so bad.  ...

Found This On A Job Website
Mar 21, 2014

I saw this post while doing a little research into the field.  The company is not named, but the location was given as Franklin Tennessee.  Hmmm, I wonder what company that could be.   http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=JHQ3946ST7FZF49Q5P1&sc_cmp1=js_jrp_jobclick&IPath=JRKTV0A ...