A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MedQuist cost cuts lift profit 7 percent - couldcareless

Posted: May 13, 2010

MedQuist said it reduced employee head count last year and lowered transcription costs by increasing its use of speech recognition technology. = employees took the loss while they got the gain! (Courier Post)

exactly-they are proud of themselves - this is why execs

[ In Reply To ..]
get big bonuses while employees take the fall.

yay for greed! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

130 Percent Profit But Cannot Give Raises.
May 29, 2015

I listened to the meeting. At least I get paid my hourly rate.  ...

MedQuist Cuts Pay In Half - Happy Holidays!
Nov 30, 2011

MedQuist ate up AllType and spit out the Radiology MTs. They have cut our pay in half, and just in time for Christmas! I guess instead of saying Happy Holidays, we will be screaming Homeless for the Holidays. And the "Manager" won't even respond to emails. This company does not care at all about its employees and is pure evil. ...

MedQuist Provides Significant Transcription Cost Reductions
Jul 21, 2011

MedQuist was able to provide significant transcription cost reductions while providing a solution that fully integrates with Mercy's EHR technology.  Article states this and came out today. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-deepens-role-in-sisters-of-mercys-ehr-deployment-strategy-expanding-cost-saving-clinical-documentation-services-and-technology-2011-07-21?reflink=MW_news_stmp Not only do we give our hard earned money to the board of directors, but also some MQ staff mem ...

Profit Vs. Not-for-profit Hospitals...
Sep 13, 2012

Are there any opinions whether a not-for-profit (religious-affiliated) hospital is less likely to outsource their medical transcription work....more likely to try to keep the jobs in-house for their employees?   I had a friend tell me that, about trying to get a job with a not-for-profit hospital near us.  However, though I'm sure they'd LOVE to keep their employees' jobs, I just have to wonder how ANY hospital is able to keep their MT department in-house in this curren ...

The Q Posts 34% Profit....
Nov 12, 2010

MedQuist sees 34% increase in Q3 revenue Published 12 November 2010 MedQuist has posted a net income of $8.97m in the third quarter 2010, or $0.24 per diluted share, compared to net income of $9.7m, or $0.26 per diluted share, in the comparable period in 2009. MedQuist is a provider of integrated clinical documentation solutions for the US healthcare industry. MedQuist's operating income was $13.29m, compared to $8.12m for the comparable period in 2009. The company has posted a ...

Transcription Co. Profit 101
Dec 03, 2014

For a transcription company, their biggest sales pitch is voice recognition.  This is how it works . . . 1.  Hire us, and it will only be a matter of a few months, and 75% of your documents will be 100% voice recognition - cost 0.3 cents per line. 2.  During the system training, the cost is 0.20 cents a line for documents that are transcribed completely from voice. 3.  Documents that are edited by transcriptionists, are only 0.7 cents per line. The hospital does the math, ...

Profit And Loss Statement
Jun 13, 2010

i am an at home transcriptionist and have been for 23 years.  I am trying to do a home loan modification and I need a profit and loss statement.  Does anyone have a sample report pertaining specifically to being an at-home independent contractor?  My tax man says he doesn't know how to do one, although he does the Schedule C for me on my taxes.  Any suggestions/samples?   Thank you! ...

Employees Who Generate No Profit For Nuance
Feb 26, 2015

I just wonder has anyone ever tried to calculate the cost involved in recruiting, hiring and training the long line of people who come through the revolving doors of Scruance? There seems to be a never-ending stream of newbies. Meanwhile, the long-time, loyal, revenue-producing MTs are getting the shaft. And what about the cost of employees who do the recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, QAing, QCing, auditing, TSMing, COMing and POCing in addition to other nonrevenue-producin ...

Ortho Doc Dictates S/l "seven Sixteenth" Heel Lift Shoes
Jul 15, 2013

how do you transcribe this ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Companies That Provide 401Ks And Profit-sharing:
Oct 20, 2009

There's just ONE, eensy-weensy little problem with MT companies providing their employees with a 401K as one of their benefits: What person on a measly MT's earnings can afford to put anything into it?????  I can't spare even a dollar at the end of each pay period, and haven't been able to put anything into even a savings account for years.  Did it ever occur to them that a retirement account is USELESS if you don't pay your employees enough to fund it? ...

Just Saw On The CBS Evening News That The Gov. Is Going To Crack Down On For-profit Schools.
Jun 02, 2011

Apparently they're exorbitantly priced, large percentages of their students default on their government loans, and they don't prepare the students adequately for the careers they promised.  Sound familiar? ...

Does Anyone Know What Percent
Aug 10, 2011

Now we know that Medquist offshores half of its work.  Does anyone know for sure what percentage of US transcription Medquist has? ...

20-ish Percent
Sep 19, 2011

How is "20-ish percent" transcribed? ...

Percent To QC? - Sm
Oct 07, 2013

I was thinking it was less than 5% to QC but I found something written down where I had less than 10%, with qa greater than 99% for bonus can something tell me?  ...

Grams Percent
Apr 29, 2010

Here is the dictated sentence. Her anemia had improved to 10 grams percent. How would you type that? 10 g%. doesn't look right. I typed it just like above but need confirmation for future dictations. Thanks ...

Now According To QA You Have To Have 99.5 Percent Accuracy
Mar 01, 2013

Are they kidding? Who has 99.5% accuracy every audit.  This is the new Mmodal accuracy rule. Sounds like they are trying to weed out that is for sure.  You would have to be a robot to get this accuracy every single time you transcribe. ...

FIESA/PERCENT TO QA
Jul 21, 2013

If we are having 100% to QA then we never have to send anything to QA again because the QA people are going to QA it anyway so will we still be evaluated on our percent to QA scores?  ...

QA Hourly Or Not 100 Percent Review?
Nov 15, 2010

Anyone know who hires QA hourly or is not 100 percent review? If so, what is the hourly rate? Company info such as ins would be greatly appreciated! I have 5 1/2 years exp in QA if that makes a difference. Thanks so much! ...

Average Percent Response
Jul 29, 2013

I have applied to 2 companies from the ads here recently. Did not hear a word from either.  Would like to know what the average rate of response other MTs have had when submitting applications and passing tests. I have lots of exp and frankly pretty surprised not to hear anything at all.   ...

How Would One Type Less Than One Twentieth Of A Percent
Dec 07, 2013

The size of the aneurysm is small, only 3 mm, and therefore, the risk as described would be fairly low, lower than 1% or even lower than one twentieth of a percent.   I am lost on this. TIA if anyone knows :)   ...

Percent Sign Around An ASR Report
Mar 25, 2015

I did an ASR report and there was a word that had a preceding and trailing percent sign, ie %medication%, is this someone's form of a QA marker? I've also seen Dx at the beginning of sentences. ...

MRI With Iec Cuts?
Feb 12, 2010

We will obtain MRI with iec cuts on the right. ...

MQ PAY CUTS - WHERE DO WE GO?
Aug 15, 2011

I am currently at the top of MME pay scale, where I just took a 13% pay cut.  My question is where can I go from here? ...

Pay Cuts
Feb 12, 2015

Is there anyone else in any other capacity besides transcriptionists at Nuance who are getting their pay cut because they make a mistake? ...

How Does A 1.0 Major Error Result In 5 Percent Off?
Jan 22, 2015

I had a horrible dictation, could barely hear and therefore, according to the auditor, I missed where he said "white" female and left it out.  They marked it as 1.0 major error and gave me a percentage of 95 percent! Cannot wait to find another job more fun and certainly more rewarding!!! ...

What's A VPN And How Much Does It Cost?
Jul 13, 2013

Do any of you know what's involved in setting up a virtual private network and what the cost would be?  It seems that companies hiring MTs to transcribe into their clients' EMR are requiring the MT to use a VPN.  Would I need a special computer for this?  Thanks for any advice.  ...

Keystrokes Pay Cuts
Aug 31, 2011

Don't know why you all talk about 2 pay cuts when actually we have had pay cuts from them for years.  How many have gotten a "cost of living" raise from them over the years or even a raise? ...

Nuance And Pay Cuts
Jan 05, 2013

Nuance has gobbled up my company and I now have a $400 a month pay cut with their line rates - we all do!   Can anyone recommend a stable company to try? ...

Why Does Certification Cost So Much?
Aug 23, 2010

I'm eligible to sit for the CMT and the RHIT and both exams are over $200 to take. It feels like I'm buying credentials! Why are these certification exams so much money to take and keep up! It's ridiculous! What do you pay for? ...