A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Headsets for MTs w/hearing loss - MT54

Posted: Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and am
so pleased.

I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)

This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing and
understanding the spoken word.

They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do with
their company.

I cannot tell you how impressed I am with this company and their product
that I purchased. I do not normally endorse any product I have tried in the
past but this is different. I am 73 and still transcribing so have tried a lot of headsets over the yars.   With the hearing loss I have, it has made a huge difference. It is also not very expensive.

Mon-Fri 8:30 AM-7:00 PM EST

HTH Engineering, Inc. , 825 Cypress Trails Dr., Tarpon Springs, FL 34688 USA

E-mail: <mailto:sales@startstop. com

Company Web Site: http://www.startsto p.com/

TOLL FREE ORDER LINE: 1-866-254-0714

TEL: (727) 939-8853

FAX: (810) 821-6940 24/7

Thanks! - whatdidusay

[ In Reply To ..]
I bookmarked the page!

Headphone question - halfway deaf

[ In Reply To ..]
I went to the website as these sounded great by your description - just what I need! One question - it looks like they plug into the computer itself rather than the speakers, is that right?

Similar Messages:

Hearing Loss/rheumatoid Arthritis
Oct 28, 2009

Anyone out there have any hearing loss? I have developed significant hearing loss. My ENT has encouraged me to keep transcribing, with the use of a boosted headset and I am trying. Telephone use is very difficult and almost non-existent. Boosters do not help. Also diagnosed recently with RA and having difficulty with my fingers, but not letting it get me down. I am on treatment that is working well. Just wondered if anyone else is having any of these issues and how they are dealing with them. Th ...

Do You Think MQ Would Pay Work Comp For Hearing Loss
Feb 12, 2011

yeah, ow.  Ears ringing all day. ...

Hyphen - Mild-to-moderate Hearing Loss
Mar 31, 2010

Is mild-to-moderate hearing loss correct or should it be mild to moderate without the hyphens? ...

See Post. Hearing End Of Word Only ______ Trophic Memory. Pt Has Memory Loss.. See Msg Thanks
Sep 16, 2011

Patient does have some (sounds like difficulties ace/e/trophic or hearing trophic at end  memory and, therefore, history is somewhat limited by the patient. ...

Headsets
Jan 21, 2015

Somebody help me out... what headsets do you use??? One's that MM supply or your own?? If your own what kind?? ...

My Headsets Are Getting Old And I Need Another Headset
Apr 30, 2011

My headsets are getting old and I need another headset.  I like the kind that are like a stethoscope that fits into the ears.  I know I dont  like the aluminum one because the sound is muffly.  Any suggestions for a headset that fits into the ears that doesnt break all the time and has very good sound. ...

Where Can I Get Magical QA Headsets
Oct 19, 2011

I transcribe and edit what I actually do hear, but get QA feedback from another planet.  I am not a newbie MT, though new on my current account.  I figure they must use secret magical headsets to hear what they do.  Often QA isn't even on the same page with each other even on account specs.  So, it must be the magical headsets.  Does anyone know where I can get the kind QA uses? ...

Recommendations For Headsets
Jan 29, 2012

Hi, Folks,   So, my company sweetly sent me a dictaphone stethascope-style headset, but it's really uncomfortable for me.  Can you recommend a more comfortable, good-sounding headset that you might have found?   Thank you, thank you, thank you!   ...

Transcription Headsets
Nov 25, 2013

I have been transcribing and editing for over 11 years and have ALWAYS used Spectra headsets, but having recently switched jobs where their platform could only be downloaded onto my personal computer and not my work computer, I've found that I'm not getting enough volume with the Spectras. I'm using earbuds right now but they wear out fast so I'm wondering if there are any headset models out there that any of you find to be excellent with clearity and volume, and that aren� ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

Stereo Vs Mono Headsets
Aug 04, 2012

My wife is needing new headphones. Is stereo vs mono a huge consideration in choosing a new headphones?? ...

Foam Covers For Headsets?
Oct 12, 2012

Has anyone found these for less than $15 per pair? ...

Earphones - Searching For Comfortable Headsets Or Earbuds
Feb 04, 2011

I am searching for comfortable headsets or earbuds. What have you experienced MTs found that works the best? I want to hear well, while being comfortable...:) ...

You Know Those Little Black Sponge Pads That Go Over The Round Type Headsets??.....
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece.   The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads.  I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!!  ...

Recommendations For Headsets For People With Small Ear Canals/openings
Feb 12, 2013

Dear Friends: I seem to have small ear canals/openings and because of that my Spectra headsets broke because I have to push them in too far and they will not fit and now the copper wire disoldged and now I am looking to buy another pair.  I went on the Dictation Warehouse site and talked to a rep there and he said that a good headset for people with small ear canals/openings is Grundig swing phone USB PC headset; have any of you heard of this bra ...

Equipment Headsets, Foot Pedal Etc For Medical Transcription
Oct 22, 2013

I know this question has been asked a million times.  What equipment headset, foot pedal, etc. would be recommended for someone just starting out as a homebased MT? ...

Headsets - Find A Good Pair That has, Of Course, A Clear Sound
Nov 20, 2010

I am taking a Medical Transcription Editing course on line, and will soon get into the MT Transcription section.  I've been looking at different ads for various types of headphones.  I'm looking to find a good pair that has, of course, a clear sound as well as outside noise cancellation capabilities.  I'd love to hear about what people think, and what they have had experience with.  Thank you! ...

Not To Count My Loss
Nov 05, 2009

why at the end of every shift do I still bother to calculate my line totals - transcription & VR - when 9 out of 10 times I am only discouraged???  Its not my lack of skill, knowledge , speed or anything I have done that determines this loss.  Why, oh why, do I hang in there.  Maybe for the occasional good day?  The high I get when I can fly through a report of an ESL doctor, because I know better what he is trying to say?  Or maybe its the constant editing with ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

EMR And Loss Of Contracts
Nov 03, 2010

Does anyone here integrate their transcription into an EMR?   If so, what EMR company is being used?  Looking for a way to keep a company from going down the EMR tubes! Help! thanks... ...

Fat Loss In Hands
May 18, 2013

Hello, this may be an unusual question, but I have been transcribing for about 3 months now, after completing 12 months at Career Step. I've been noticing over the last week that my hands are looking almost like skeleton hands. It's like the fat is disappearing and the bones are becoming more prominent. Also, the veins in my hands are becoming very, very vascular. They are about the diameter of a drinking straw. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this common with excessive typing? I ...

Profit And Loss Statement
Jun 13, 2010

i am an at home transcriptionist and have been for 23 years.  I am trying to do a home loan modification and I need a profit and loss statement.  Does anyone have a sample report pertaining specifically to being an at-home independent contractor?  My tax man says he doesn't know how to do one, although he does the Schedule C for me on my taxes.  Any suggestions/samples?   Thank you! ...

Dispatcia??? Weight Loss
Aug 16, 2010

Please help....sounds like 'dispatcia' weight loss.  Clinical date for an US Abdominal Complete.  Thank You! ...

Concumbant Weight Loss??
Aug 30, 2010

He did have an incombutant/concubant/intontubant/?? 5 to 10 pund weight loss over the past 1 to 2 weeks. ...

S/l Parathagital Volume Loss On MRI
Nov 18, 2010

Thanks for any help! ...

Warning Of Benefit Loss
Jan 05, 2011

I have only been getting approximately 25 hours a week.  Yeah, I'm broke.  Luckily I have a husband who works or I would be in a mess.  Anyway, they have emailed me and said I have to have minimum 30 hours to continue to have medical ins.  Well, if the work isn't there, what am I supposed to do?  So, I asked my team lead to please give me a backup acct.  So she has sent out requests to other team leads and said she would let me know if one replie ...

Felitional Weight Loss?
Feb 24, 2011

The patient had a (Sounds like "felitoinal" ) 42 pound weight loss.    TIA! ...

2-pound Weight Loss Or .....
Oct 01, 2011

He has had a 2-pound weight loss. 2-pound, two-pound, two pound.... or something else?   Thanks!   ...

VOICE RECOGNITION AND LOSS OF JOB
Jul 30, 2014

Just wondering about this.  For one company that I work for, I had a secondary account -- a hospital, that we were told (e-mailed) we would no longer be typing/editing.  The voice recognition program was getting better all the time and probably was pretty good at this point.  We were just told that we would no longer by doing work for them.  So 2 possibilities: 1)  The hospital was not happy with our editing?   2)  The voice recognition program had gotten so g ...

Great Loss For Softscript
Jun 06, 2015

Just recently discovered Softscript lost an amazing production manager.  I have worked under a lot of production managers and by far this was one of the best; knowledgeable, helpful, understanding, easy to work with, but at the same time was straight forward and honest in their approach with the group.  Such a shame.  You will be missed greatly.  Wish you the best.    ...