A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Health care employment up 315,000 jobs 2011 - glass half full

Posted: Jan 06, 2012

New job figures out today: Health care continued to add jobs in December (+23,000); employment in hospitals increased by 10,000. Over the year, health care employment has risen by 315,000. Any increase in health care employment is good for MTs.

I'm with you. Let's think positive! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

22 months straight of private sector job growth - Good news, indeed!

[ In Reply To ..]
Quite an accomplishment of digging out of that huge economic hole at the end of 2008.

Also, over two years of growth in the gross domestic product.

LOL - Realist

[ In Reply To ..]
How "convenient" that these "good" economic numbers come up at the beginning of the election year. This was ENTIRELY predictable.

The feds haven't been releasing accurate data about unemployment and the economy for DECADES. The "creative accounting" really began during the Clinton years. ALL economists KNOW this, and some actually have the GUTS to speak the TRUTH about it; in fact, there are entire blogs and books devoted to this very topic.

The rest is easily explained by McDonald's may hiring some new employees and thousands dropping off the unemployment rolls because their benefits ran out and/or they just gave up altogether.

You sheep keep on drinking that Kool-Aid and being "positive" while clinging to this false hope of a bone they just threw you.
I'm not that paranoid. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I'm not that paranoid - Maybe you should be
[ In Reply To ..]
x
The increases were in retail, transportation, and warehousing - Manufacturing also gained more than it has on year
[ In Reply To ..]
Why don't you FACT CHECK your own ideological comments. The job market has sustained growth for the past 6 months. This is PROVEN. Keep your negativity and uneducated comments to yourself until you research and find the truth.
Increases in retail, transportation and warehousing - Manufacturing also...
[ In Reply To ..]
Boy are you nasty. Why do you not follow your own advice? Have you not heard of Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years???, i.e., RETAIL (people shopping for said holidays, TRANSPORTATION (UPS, FedEx, ordering gifts on line, travel to home for said holidays, WAREHOUSING see above. Most people plan for all of these holidays for several weeks/months in advance, depending on their personal circumstances. Cannot understand you people that cannot make a point without being so rude and nasty. Follow your own advise "Keep your negativity and uneducated comments to yourself until you research and find the truth".
LOL-Realist - No sheeple here
[ In Reply To ..]
Glad to see there are at least some of us that actually understand these numbers. The true unemployment rate is closer to 14%, but I am sure you will not hear that on any Lame Stree Media post/news program. God bless anyone that has a job or can get one. Our area is severely depressed and we do not expect any improvement since Obama stated (2008) he wanted to "necessarily bankrupt" the coal industry. He is well on his way to doing just that. Check out the TRUE unemployment stats for W. Va., PA, Ohio, etc. Pretty dismal.
Stock market seems to think the economy's getting better. - me
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Stock Market - Not true-overall percentage DOWN
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Huh? The Dow has increased by a third! - Why so negative?
[ In Reply To ..]
The Dow Jones was at 8000 on January 20, 2009. It was at 12,359 on Friday. That is an increase of about 33%. The market fluctuates day to day--many Fridays it will be down due to profit-taking by the hedge funds.

The trend is up! I was looking at the job ads in my paper, and there are now over 2 pages of "help wanted" ads. There was only about a half a page a year ago. Things are definitely looking better.
To Huh - Negative - Your are wrong
[ In Reply To ..]
That is 1 day, which does not the stock market make. Again, if you look at facts, and review what has taken place over the last year to 16 months or so, it has not recovered to its orginial postion. I am well aware of the stock market fluctuations (I belong to an investment group). Incidentally, this is NOT the sole blame of "profit-taking" hedges as your indicated. Unfortunately, there are so few people on this board qualified to make comments regarding anything financial. I had my securities license, which I allowed to expire, but I am still very, very active in the stocks on a personal basis and through our investment group.
Why did you reply to Huh? when there was clearly a 3-year trend sited? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently a brush up on proofreading/reading skills is in order. No wonder you lost your license. Unless you are intentionally trying to skew the facts?
Why did you reply the Huh - None of your business
[ In Reply To ..]
Brush up in reading and proofing skills definitely for you. Again, get your facts straight. I did NOT loose my license, but chose to let it expire. Since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about....that option is offered to license holders. Though your ignorance does not require an explanation, I will give it to you anyway. I no longer worked in the capacity where it was required. Again, you chose to read only what suits your rridiculous stance and ignored the facts. Convenient how original poster completely diregarded the HIGHEST trades and HIGHEST close, which occurred long before 2009 (in 2007 and 2008). No facts on your side, just rude obnoxious behavior....you must have been the one on the politics board with the same attitude.
Why did you reply to Huh - Must of hit your LIB nerve
[ In Reply To ..]
LIB nerve definition: Located next to your Obama is great nerve.
2007 to 2009 stock market dropped 54% - 2009 to present regained 33% IMPROVED!
[ In Reply To ..]
Of course we haven't recovered all the losses. Did anyone think we could? That was a huge hole. I know you do not like to be reminded as to the cause of the drop and when it occurred, but you cannot rewrite history.
2007 to 2009 stock market - Your skewing is showing -AGAIN
[ In Reply To ..]
You're the one needing reminding. The biggest drop occurred in "2009"....as much as YOU would like "YOU CANNOT REWRITE HIS". Quite a skewer your are.
2007 to 2007 using your dates - selective numbers on your part
[ In Reply To ..]
Using the dates YOU specified, your figures are very misleading. Very unfair to people that want the truth. Thankfully, there are those of us that will not be "burned" by you flamers and provide accurate information.

Stock Market Highest Close on record was 14,164 on 04/07/2008.

Stock Market Highest Trading on record 14,198.10 on 10/11/2007.

Stock Market Lowest Close on record was 6547 on 03/09/2009.

Stock Market Lowest Intra-Day Actual was 6469 on 03/06/2009.
2007 to 2009 - Stock market - 54% gain - Your fuzzy math
[ In Reply To ..]
Interesting how you twisted these dates from the original post. You included some of the very best historical dates prior to 2009, lumped them in with 2009, which was the worst years. Original poster used January of 2009 on, which you completely chose to ignore. In her original post, there was no mention of how well the stock market did many years prior to 2009. You added the years with historical highs, prior to 2009, to bump the overall percentage to make 2009 to 2012 appear much better than they actually are. You gave twisted, incorrect percentages. Fuzzy math at best...pretty sad you cannot stand on the facts.
stock market seems to think - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, no facts and your assessment way off.

Highest CLOSE on record 14,164 (04/07/2008)
Highest TRADE on record 14198.10 (10/11/2007)

The 10,500 to 12,000 that market keeps tinkering with has still not rebounded fully. Currently trades still down. For those of you with 401(k), IRAs, or stock investments, check your stats on your broker's statements from 2007 on. Although improvement from the approximate 6000 low in late 2009, still not back fully. Numbers do not lie.
almost a miracle we have recovered so much in 3 years - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
when you consider that huge economic hole we were in (and the fear most of us felt)back in 2008 it is amazing that we have come so far.
almost a miracle we have recovered so much in 3 years - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
especially considering the policies of the last 3 years.

Health care employment - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the positive. Nice to see. Hope it was not just techs, labs, janitors...LOL. I know, I know janitors are not healthcare..was kidding. With the good news, just giddy, I guess! :)

Yes, but how many were lost? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's like boom towns: They tout how many people a month move in, but they don't say how many move out too that same month. The picture isn't always what they want us to see...

On the news last night - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
With those jobs added, they were only one of three that were lost and they also said that these numbers don't truly reflect jobs being added due to the holiday hiring, just like the census. One of our senators here in NV said that this "new" lower employment percentage doesn't reflect those who exhausted their benefits, gave up looking for work and are just plain unemployed. He said our rate here in NV is 25% for the state, with LV being higher.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but things are not what they Gub is trying to present, which is the same B.S. they've been spouting for the last three years.

On the news last night - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Well stated. After all the adjustments and lay offs are factored in following the holidays, I am sure this number will change. I am happy for anyone able to find work. However, there is far more to these numbers that just a percentage and, and you must be willing to read everything to get a comprehensive picture. You are not being a "Debbie Downer", but someone much more willing to scrape the surface and research ALL the information available. Our TRUE unemployment is much higher in our state, as is yours, due to benefit elimination, stopped looking at all or significantly under-employed, scrapping full time work for part time just to get anything. Kudos to you for looking at the big picture!

How many lost - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Agree. They do that all the time (I live in a huge medical area). They will lay off 2000 people, never say a word. Then, a few weeks later, hire 500 people and they post that in every major newspaper. Not hard to do the math. We are still down a total of over 1-mill jobs since 2009.

I've been reading articles by actual economists who are - encouraged and cautiously optimistic

[ In Reply To ..]
They aren't saying that this is the answer we've all been waiting for. In fact, they say we may have more downturns, but they are saying that it is a very hopeful sign, very good news. They aren't overselling it, but they say it is definitely an improvement.

The words they keep using is that the TREND is going the right way. Whether it continues, nobody knows.
"Actual" economists? - Realist
[ In Reply To ..]
Would those be "actual" economists as opposed to "virtual" economists or "phony" economists?

Economists are POLITICAL and SPIN just like every other type of "pundit" out there. You have to read a good crosssection of them and KNOW what the political leanings are of each one that you read. Based on your "actual" statement, it appears that this is a brand new experience for you so I doubt that you have researched that.
Your response was weird, as if you were negative about everyone and everything - Not buying your theories
[ In Reply To ..]
I won't respond to your argument, because it makes no sense.

The financial collapse resulted in 8 million jobs lost - You people crack me up

[ In Reply To ..]
Let's not take a look at what CAUSED the stock market crash in September 2008. Obviously, perfect decisions haven't been made the last 3 years; however, it took 8 years of deregulation, unpaid AND unbudgeted wars and Medicare changes to cause this mess PRIOR to 2009. Let's just expect it ALL to be fixed in a hurry. Talk about a realist? You just look for excuses. Look at the job growth chart, the economy charts. There has been a (albeit slow) steady growth in the last 3 years, despite the fact that the whole system on DC is BROKEN. I'd like to see anyone try and run a company that had no teamwork and half of that company refusing to cooperate with the CEO and management. It'd be underground before you could blink your eyes.
Financial collapse - You crack up everyone else - and the LIB flamer(s) found another board
[ In Reply To ..]
Your history is way off. Obama, whom you mentioned in what you may have thought was a sly way, has been in OUR house for the last 3 years and had complete, total control over House and Senate with a super majority for a solid 2 years. Bush had no control over either house since approximately 2006 (beginning with the Pelosi reign of terror). According to YOUR OWN TIME LINE, the Dems were in control through the entire time of this crash. If there was no cooperation, Obama has the Dems to blame. Obama extends no cooperation to anyone, not even the financial committee he personally appointed and then completelyh ignored (quote from his own Dems appointed to that committee). Your very poorly veiled comment about the prior 8 years was also riddled with falsehoods; unless, of course, you were referring to Clinton. There were attempts made by Bush to reign in Freddie/Fannie (which is where the problems actually started and spread through the banks, housing, and eventually construction and so), far back as 2004/2005. Each attempt was blocked by none other than Princess Pelosi and King Reid. The Dems (starting under Clinton) forced banks to lend to people that were not qualified to have them, to purchase homes they could not afford. That is more appropriately the 8 year span that you stated started the collapse. Can you spell ACORN..probably not. Go back to the political board from where you came...and get your facts straight. Since Obama took over in 2009, there is a NET LESS OF OVER 1 MILLION JOBS. Again, no facts in your comments, just insults. Obviously, you have a computer, try using it for more than the spread of your misinformation. All the votes mentioned above are a click away, but I am sure you will not make that effort.
I admire the way you present your take on - the situation we find SM
[ In Reply To ..]
ourselves in. I have no doubt that the facts you presented about Obama and democrats are founded in truth. My problem with your posts is that (IMO) it seems as though you blame our economic situation entirely on democrats, and your bias clearly shows in your posts. Because of your bias, I take what you say with a grain of salt. You seem very knowledgeable and it's too bad you can't be more neutral in what you research and post. I blame the entire congress for the mess we are in, both democrats and republicans, and I also blame the voters for not being more informed. I do, however, realize how hard it is to know what is really happening because voters are lied to and manipulated by the whole bunch in Washington. We should be angry with them, not each other.
Until Congress stops acting like children and starts working together - nothing good will happen
[ In Reply To ..]
They are unable to agree or work together to come to anything productive. Until they do, we are in trouble as a country. The President has been stopped any time he tried to do anything. At the same time, some call him a dictator and others say he never does anything. They need to stop the fighting and do what they are paid to do: solve problems, negotiate, work together, use their brains to find solutions, stop behaving like children.
Congress stopped - Not true
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, these are not facts listed, but opinion. Dems had complete control for first 2 years of Obama. All of Obama's agenda was met. There was nothign biased about that posting;it was truthful.
That was when extremists were calling him a dictator when he tried to change some things - No way to win with extremists
[ In Reply To ..]
If he does anything, he's accused of being a dictator. If they stop him from doing anything, they say he does nothing. They have no credibility. I was never a real Obama fan, but He looks better to me all the time.

I just remembered, this is not the Politics forum.
Extremist - Another flamer with no facts
[ In Reply To ..]
He could try following the Constitution, which he is sworn to do. Not sure who you mean by "they", but since he controlled House and Senate for 2 solid years, I am guessing you the Dems. Yep, you're right, they have no credibility.
Please don't misinterpret what I said - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Please don't misinterpret what I said - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Then be specific. "They" can be anyone. Unfortunately, innuendos, half-truths, insinuations are what appear on these boards. The facts don't change. Dems have been in control from 2006 to 2008 in the House and 2008 through 2010 in BOTH House and Senate. Obama pushed through loads of garbage between 2009 and 2010. In 2010, Obama lost the super majority. I don't feel sorry for Obama the cry baby one bit. Watched his entire photo op (yep all 7 hours) of Obama pretending to care what anyone else had to offer for health care. Many, many reps showed up with different ideas/plans; Obama flat out refused to discuss any part of any plan, let alone read it. He was obnoxious and rude through the whole 7 hours and then abruptly got up and left the room when people were still actually talking directly to him. Obama has no class at all...nothing but a playground tyrant.
Her posts are biased and nasty. Difficult to take seriously. - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Fox News drone.
post baised and nasty - ANOTHER LIB intolerant
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Difficult to take seriously - me - Lib drone and drone and drone - YAWN
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Her posts are biased and nasty. - "for me"
[ In Reply To ..]
Another of your posts with no substance or facts. Seems the only nasty on this board is you. What a biased bigot you are. Get some facts or get off!
Admire the way - Situation
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the backhanded comp. There was nothing in the post supporting either. It was in answer to the previous post that was Yeah, yeah Dems, Boo Repubs, which is simply not correct by any facts anywhere. Everyone knows both parties are to blame for different things/eras. However, to read the posts by that individual here, Obama is sooooo misunderstood. Poor Obama. With complete total control, super majority for 2 years, cry me a river. Dems controlled last 2 years of Bush admin. There is tremendous bias on this board, and others, slanted towards Dems, regardless of facts that speak otherwise. Incientally, if you actually reseach the facts, the banking problem DID start with Clinton forcing loans that should never have been given. Anyone is entitled to a personal opinion, but not entitled to their own set of facts. The original post in answer was correct about the Dems.....read the congressional votes and history. Doubt many will do so if it does not support their party ideology as is too often portrayed on this board.
I admire the way - - No facts on your part
[ In Reply To ..]
Poster you are criticizing specifically stated dates, facts, votes, etc. You did none of that. Just started with the name calling. That poster gets my attention, you not so much. List dates, facts, votes as did the poster you are hammering and maybe you would have some credibility...otherwise, not so much.
I admire the "take" - No take - just facts
[ In Reply To ..]
You posters really need to read something besides this board and get REAL facts.

From the horse's mouth - rocket science

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#sa

Read the entire reference for how holiday workers are adjusted, etc. In a nutshell:

Each month, 2,200 highly trained and experienced Census Bureau employees interview persons in the 60,000 sample households for information on the labor force activities (jobholding and jobseeking) or non-labor force status of the members of these households during the survey reference week (usually the week that includes the 12th of the month).

It seems like the "nonprofessional" jobs are easy to come by - Jessi

[ In Reply To ..]
I just couldn't think of anything else to call them.

Just in the last week alone, I know of three people who quit their jobs and had new ones either the same day or the next day like it was nothing. Not great jobs but still full time jobs. Two of them with potential, even.

One at Subway, one at a grocery store and one as a waitress at a restaurant.

They just get ticked off at their boss, or annoyed with their job and the next thing you know they walk out and get a new job.

Must be nice.

those are jobs the local high-schoolers get around my area. - lost of competition NM

[ In Reply To ..]
//

Similar Messages:

Health Care Employment Numbers Keep Going Up
Mar 09, 2012

Department of Labor statistics for February 2012: Health care and social assistance employment rose by 61,000 over the month. Within health care, ambulatory care services added 28,000 jobs, and hospital employment increased by 15,000. Over the past 12 months, health care employment has risen by 360,000. ...

I Wonder How The New Health Care Bill Will Affect Our Jobs?
Nov 08, 2009

I.e., how will Medquist use the new bill to their benefit? ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

I Wonder What This Health Care Reform Will Do
Mar 23, 2010

I pay very little attention to what Washington does, but I have to wonder if this new health care reform that dear old Obama has finally pushed through is going to affect our jobs and pay rate.  My husband gets good insurance through UPS, and he says that it will make his insurance less because according to this bill, everyone gets the same coverage.  At least that's how he explained it. So is this going to cost doctors and hospitals money, and if it does, is that going to make t ...

Ascend Health Care
May 11, 2010

Has anyone worked or works for Ascend Health Care. Our local hospital just entered into a three year contract with them with an anticipated 52 million lines for the life of the contract. I had applied at the hospital but they were not hiring and i guess that was the reason why. ...

Health Care Management Or IT?
Aug 17, 2010

I'm going back to school to get out of transcription. I currently do QA. I have a 2-year degree in health information technology and am trying to figure out whether to go get a Bachelor's in information technology and health informatics or go for a business degree with a healthcare management emphasis.  I know electronic records are taking over and health informatics is a growing field. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know with IT I'd need to keep up a bunch of certificat ...

New Health Care Laws
Oct 05, 2010

With the new health care laws in the next 2 years, will IC become obsolete?  Won't these transcription companies be forced to provide health benefits and forced to have employees?  Or will they still be allowed to just hire us as IC's? ...

Meridian Health Care
Apr 19, 2011

Anyone have info on this company?  I couldl sure use some input good or bad.  Thanks so much! ...

Health Care Benefits -- HA!
Apr 26, 2011

First I had to switch from Kaiser last year and now the new doctor I found with United Healthcare is OUT OF NETWORK and the new and only coverage sucks.  I guess it is time to go.  Any good company's out there with decent insurance?  This is pitiful. ...

Obama Care, Our Health Ins.
Oct 15, 2012

Has "Obama care" gone into effect??? I am part time. Does the company have to offer me health insurance that I pay for?? anyone up on this??? ...

MModal Health Care
Oct 29, 2013

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.  10/16/2013:  Paraphrasing:  Keep employee premiums, plan and deductibles the same, except the spousal charge  (didn't say would keep same company - stupid me for assuming so).  10/29/2013:  Pharaphrasing:  New healthcare administrator which consolidates...supposedly everything our previous plan had.... premiums, deductibles, etc., to remain same (then why change it, and will the coverage still b ...

Ascend Health Care - Payment
Apr 09, 2014

Has anyone who was hired on at Ascend/Portal Health Care LLC during the last hiring received their payment for Phase I?  I am beyond outraged right now; just told that I will have to wait until after the 15th  for my first payment to be processed b/c processing ended on March 20th despite repeated emails being sent out by payroll stating that submission after the 20th wouldn't affect the schedule of payment.  Not to mention, I submitted my invoice twice and asked for re ...

Article - Health Care Law Prohibits Data
Jun 27, 2010

Moderate, please don't move this to offshore board. It needs to be seen by more people. Exerpt: "The new law imposes limits on outsourcing by American insurance companies and medical service providers. In addition, several categories of data are prohibited from flowing offshore. As a result, many Indian outsourcing firms have begun setting up shop in the United States. America’s outsourcers are now outsourcing back to America." Link to article: http://medicaltourismmag.com/news_ar ...

Obama Health Care And The Transcriptionist Perfession
Oct 17, 2010

I am just wondering how it is assumed that the Obama Health Care Bill will affect the medical transcription profession.   ...

Haven't You All Noticed How Our Health Care Bills Have Gone Down Since
Aug 05, 2011

cutting the throats of MTs.  LOL ...

So... Who Has Heard From Their Employer About The Affordable Health Care Act?
Sep 28, 2013

I got an email a few days ago plainly stating that my employer would not be offering health insurance to its employees, and also providing specific information regarding how I could access the "marketplace" for insurance.  Anybody else? 3 days till October 1st, lol! ...

Staying In Health Care And Am Especially Interested In Home Healthcare
Jul 06, 2012

I am looking into what field of study to take up. I am thinking about staying in Health Care and am especially interested in home health care. I was wondering if anyone knows personally if there are demands for: Physical Therapist assistant - with Associated degree Occupational assistant- with Associates degree Has anyone heard of Speech/language pathologist assistant? I think this will require too much schooling but I have heard there is a big demand in health care and schools. I al ...

General Office Clerk, Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, Richmond, IN
Jun 28, 2014

Thought the suits might be interested to see "comparable wages" in my neck of the woods. Preferred familiarity with medical terminology. Demonstrates courtesy, attitude, respect and enthusiasm (C.A.R.E.) in all interactions.... $11.72 - $13.46 an hour Owing to disability and not being able to dig my car out of the driveway every day in winter, I cannot even apply for this. Boy, sure would be nice to earn a living like this on a daily, steady, hourly basis (working with nice people every day). ...

600 Jobs..half OTAT Ask Me If I Care
Dec 12, 2014

xx ...

Indiana University Health To Cut 800 Jobs!
Sep 12, 2013

WOW.....sign of the times I guess!  This is one of the biggest health care organizations in Indiana!  Lord help this country! http://www.theindychannel.com/web/wrtv/news/local-news/iu-health-to-cut-800-jobs Here is the e-mail they sent to employees: http://media.theindychannel.com/docs/iu-health-letter.pdf ...

Part Time Jobs With Health Insurance?
Aug 29, 2010

Does anyone know of companies who give health ins to part timers? I know Walmart does after 1 year on the job. I'm desperate, can't afford the Cobra premium. Thanks. ...

Anyone Apply For American Health Connection As Posted On MT Jobs?
May 18, 2013

I have not yet. Any insights are appreciated. TIA. ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

Skipping The Year 2011
Dec 07, 2010

Apparently this doctor thinks that the new year coming up is 2012.  He has dictated in two separate reports that these patients have procedures scheduled for January 2012 and they are in for their preoperative evaluation now.  Either that or these patients are getting their preoperative evaluation more than a year in advance.  I wish doctors/dictators could be reprimaned for their mistakes.  ...

2011 MT Survey Now Live
Mar 11, 2011

Dear all, I'm pleased to announce that the 2011 MT Survey is now live.  If you remember the 2007 MT Survey, this is a continuation of that (with some changes).  In the previous survey, we received 3800 responses, which culminated in the report MTs on the Radar (you can find it at http://ehealthrecords.wordpress.com/publications/).  We are hoping for another successful survey. So if you are interested in completing the survey, you can go to http://www.medicaltranscriptio ...

Keystrokes 4/25/2011 Ad For 50+ Transcriptionists
May 05, 2011

Anyone heard back from this ad?  I received a letter stating they were reviewing my resume.    ...

Recently Given A 2011 PDR, Keep/sell??
Feb 28, 2012

The doc I work for gave me his 2011 Physicians Desk Reference.  Is that something that would be good refereance material for an MT??? ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

The Tax Loopholes HAVE BEEN CLOSED Effective 2011!!
Aug 26, 2010

The bill has finally passed.  It is not illegal for companies to offshore, it is just not so profitable for them to do so.   ...

Help! Transcend 2011 Payroll Schedule
Dec 30, 2010

I have misplaced my 2011 payroll schedule.  Can somebody tell me if our December pay period ended on 12/28/2010?  For some reason, that sticks in my mind.  Thanks :) ...