A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Another sad option for medical care is Charity care. Work with the people - in billing offices after-the-fact if you incur any

Posted: Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country. 

Similar Messages:

For Acute Care MTSO People: What's The Work Like
Apr 25, 2013

I currently am comfortable working swing shift during the week and selldom run out of work. , but my boss would like to move me to days, including Saturday (and perhaps Sunday), and was wondering if my line counts would be as good. (I currently seldom run out of work due to my time zone and do a fair amount of ops.) I imagine OPs would drop? Increase in ER to make up, or? Run out of work more? End of pay period problems? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Acute-care Medical Transcription
Apr 11, 2010

Has anyone found a job with experience in only acute-care medical transcription only? ...

It Was A Pleasure To Assist In Ms. **Thomas's Care Or Ms. Thomas' Care". This Gets M
Dec 15, 2009

x ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Acute Care - What Does Acute Care Consist Of?
Apr 08, 2010

I know this is a really stupid question but, what does acute care consist of?  What types of reports are acute care?  I understand that it is basically emergency type of care or short-term care, but exactly what types of reports would you be transcribing? TIA ...

She Is Unable To Do Her Own Routine "self-care" Or "self Care"?? Thanks! Nm
Mar 25, 2010

x ...

They Don't Care
Aug 16, 2011

How many times do you have to be hit on the head before you realize that THEY DON'T CARE.  MQ is on its own path.  You can write all the letters you want, contact the president, congresspeople, newspapers, TV, etc.  MQ DOES NOT CARE.  You could drop dead in front of their executive offices and they would just step over you.  THEY DON'T CARE!  The only thing that will ever turn this around is if hospitals refuse to accept off-shore work but considering the ...

MDs Don't Care, So Why Should We?
Sep 02, 2011

There you are, sittin at your desk, slammin your head into yet another mumbled dictation, desperately trying to divine the meaning of the muttering, frantically googling, stedman's open on your lap, cursing all foreign doctors everywhere, and then you get it! After ten minutes of listening intently, tilting your head to one side, pressing the headphones tighter, slowing down the incoherent ramblings, you finally figured it out. Feel proud afterwards right? Well, maybe you shouldn't. ...

Q-Care Help, Please
Mar 05, 2012

Can someone help  me, please? I thought I was organized, but realize I can't get into Q-care. Is that somethiing I was supposed to set up separately? I've tried everything and it says "error." I've tried my Ultipro password, e-mail address, Team Work password, everything. I'm one of those who was sort of "thrown in" during the takeover and had very little free time to set everything up. Just when you  think you're organized...   ...

I Don't Care
Jul 31, 2014

GW has got to be one of the sloppiest dictators I have ever had the displeasure to do. Chews while dictating, smacks his lips, mumbles his words ... I could go on and on, but you get the message. ...

I Just Don't Care Any More
Aug 07, 2014

FIESA and its humiliating and debasing scores, micromanagment, a bitchy supervisor, crap dictators, have all contributed to my feeling of just not caring any more.  I clock in, do my time, and clock out.  I know that my work is good and that my QA is much higher than FIASCO says it is, but I just don't care anymore. I am one of the older workers, and I have this feeling that NUisANCE is trying to get me to quit.  Well, guess what?  They're not going to win.  I& ...

I Used To Care
Oct 23, 2014

I worked for Medquist 7 years ago.  I hated it.  I found another job at a company that I loved.  Worked there for a couple of years until the dreaded announcement that they had been acquired by Medquist.  After suffering from PTSD for a couple of days after hearing that news, i sucked it up.  nothing bad happened for a year or so.  then all the changes began.  again.  again, i sucked it up.  i've always loved being a medical transcription ...

How Do You Get Into Acute Care?
Dec 29, 2009

Alot of the job listings ask for 5+ years in this area, so how do you get into it in the first place? I don't mind starting at the bottom and moving up... But where is the bottom? I had a job with a company but they would not pay me. So now I am trying to look for a job again and not many people wantt o hire someone that does not have alot of experience. So.. How do you get into a specialty?? ...

Do You Care About Incentive
Mar 11, 2010

I work in-house doing radiology transcription, mostly VR.  The pay is hourly and there is no overtime on our job but there is also no incentive.  I'm trying to cut my expenses to have extra money but its tough.  I would like to work an extra few hours to save for vacation/a better running car/other purchases. Is there something wrong when a company does not offer incentive for MTs or should I be "just thankful for having a job when so many people are out of work in ...

Ever Have One Of Those Days Where You Just Do Not Care.
Jul 21, 2010

Just having one of those days where I just don't care anymore, they can just go ahead and fire me. ...

Point Of Care?
Aug 25, 2010

A doc is giving lab values - before each one ASR has typed out "Point of care" - anyone know what this is about - would make sense if I just left those words out. Thanks ...

Q-Care Self Service
Sep 06, 2010

Tonight is the first night that need to use the Q-Care self service for no jobs and I feel stupid for asking this, but where do you find the Q-Care?  I have emails talking about it, but have no idea where it is located.  Is it located in MQ Central?  Thanks ...

Acute Care! Acute Care! Acute Care!
Oct 04, 2010

That's it!  I've had it with transcription companies that only offer acute care transcription and don't pay you anything for it anyway!  That if you don't have acute care experience or been lucky enough to obtain it.  SOL.  I'm changing my profession. ...

Type Of Care
Nov 12, 2010

he was receiving s/l *postolio* care and wound care. ...

WOW, Just Saw An Ad For 0.6 CPL For ACUTE CARE! (sm)
Dec 29, 2010

I truly hope that no one applies for this job.  That is even beyond ridiculous for clinic work! ...

You Know What, I Don't Care Anymore
May 31, 2011

I started in this profession back in the late 70s, learning "in house, on the job," my first job working from home, was when my kids were approximately 9 and 11 and obviously, not infants.  My mother was dying at that time, and I answered a local ad in the paper to pick up tapes in 1997 and transcribe for 5 cents a line.  Fast forward to the early 90s, we now have the "Lady Madonna Syndrome" -- meaning, I want to stay at home with my six or more children, home school and be SUPER mamma ...

Reporting F11 On Self Care
Jul 28, 2011

I keep a log of my F11s and report then all at once, at the end of the day, like instructed since a couple of months ago.  I apparently left one number out of the IJ# last week and just got a phone call.  I got chewed out about ABUSING F11!    I got so angry that I argued back that as the person that is having to attempt to decipher a ESL dictator using a poor quality system with disgustingly poor audio quality that I should be given a MEDAL to have made heads AND tails ...

How Much Evidence Do You Need That They Do Not Care?
Nov 30, 2011

I keep seeing posts here that include phrases like "if they cared about us..."  They don't care and have never cared.  My company was bought out about 15 years ago when we were still working in an office.  The story of how they moved us from our office to the "new" office is horrible enough to be part of a Stephen King novel and would make your skin crawl.  This is a company that operates by threats, intimidation and punishment and, after all these years, with all the ev ...

There Are Companies That Still Do Care
Jan 03, 2012

I got a small gift from my MTSO over Christmas and it was one that I needed and was very appreciated. I had an unexpected "emergency" come up and even though payday is not till the 10th, my employer graciously wired my check into my account. This accout so far is straight typing and no VR and hopefully, the work will continue to come in. Nice thing too, is its employee status only have to meet 9500 per PP for minimum lines :) Thank you my MTSO!!! ...

They Care More About Your Shift
Jan 05, 2012

I think MQ, Spheris, Transcend care more about that you are working your shift than any errors.  I was so so tired (cause I"m moving) yesterday, I couldnt keep my eyes open and had to take an hour break to sleep.  When I came back to work, they dug up all kinds of stupid errors I did just to show me who the boss is.  They all do it.  It keeps you in line. ...

Not That Anyone Is Going To Care, But May I Say That I HATE VR!!!!!!
Feb 02, 2012

Yes I know I shouted.  I meant to.  VR is ridiculous.  I don't believe that ANYBODY can edit twice as many lines as they can doing straight transcription.  That is a crock of hooey!!!!!! ...

Well-child Care
Apr 15, 2012

Doctor says: She states her health has been good without any treatment besides a well-child care period (do you think period as in punctuation???) ...

I Know These Dictators Don't Care About Us, But They Had
Aug 04, 2012

better realize that VR is going to transcribe what it hears, including the chomping, slurping, crunching, and gulping, which VR will interpret into words, and either they're going to have to pay extra for the fixes or learn some d*** manners! I'd hate to be in a restaurant with these people!  Gross! Anyway... my vent for the night.  Thanks for listening. ...

***, We Don't Care About The Email
Aug 09, 2012

I think the email thing is being used as a diversion. ...

Why Does Acute Care Have More ESL?
Nov 10, 2012

I transcribe both clinic and some acute care, and the acute care that I transcribe has a higher percentage of ESL dictators.  It seems like that is typical for acute care.  Why is that?  Are the ESL doctors drawn more to being hospitalists? ...