A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NJA + nasty e-mails (warning vent) - TiredMT

Posted: Nov 27, 2012

I understand that the MTSOs sign contracts and promise tight TATs, but when an account has had the dreaded NJA at multiple times of the day, then why send out an e-mail stating that we need to keep the account within the 24-hour turnaround or the company will hire even more people for the account.  The account cannot possibly be out of contract if there is no work available.  These e-mails just prove that the MTSOs overhire and don't give a damn about whether the current workers can make a living or not.  And this doesn't matter whether they are using ICs or employees.  Besides, we all know that they cross the line with the IC status.  We're just warm bodies making the owners their money. 

Thanks for letting me vent. 

I take screen shots every time I run into NJA - so when there is a problem...

[ In Reply To ..]
I have documentation including computer clock with my cursor hovering to also show date, to show my side of things, while the emails I save shows their's.

just in case...

how do you do screen shots? - I would like to do that

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been taking pictures with my cell phone of the screen. I am not computer literate.

how to do screen shots - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I see no one responded to this, so I will try to help. It is very easy, once you know how.

first, there is a key on your keyboard labeled as PrtScnSysRq. Once you are on the screen you want to take a screen shot of, you do ctl + PrtScnSysRq. It looks like nothing happens, but it does. then go to your MS Paint program, open it, hit "paste" and your screen shot you just took a picture of should appear. then "save as" whereever you want to save it and that's it. It's not complicated and can save your butt in many instances. good luck.
Thanks!! - nm - TiredMT
[ In Reply To ..]
x
This is a very good - tip
[ In Reply To ..]
I never knew that you could do that. Thanks for passing that along.
you are quite welcome! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
it took me a long time to find out how to do this too, as nobody shared that info with me, either, so just trying to pass it on to those who can use it! :-)

Also, in a lawsuit, both your hard drive and MTSO's - can be examined for every keystroke.

[ In Reply To ..]
So even if they "delete" that info, it's still there, and can be supoena'ed.

I think most MTSO managers are out-of-touch - with-reality PSYCHOS. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

agree. Greed+Power, highly addictive lethal mind-altering drugs. - they will be stuck that way and

[ In Reply To ..]

...not able to cope when it's over, where we have learned to adjust and will survive this holocost.

MTSOs are laughing all the way to the bank - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They just don't give care if an MT or editor has enough work to make a living as long as they have extra warm bodies to get the work out the door. My, but things have changed over the years. For what it's worth, this is NOT what they teach in business school, but I doubt many MTSOs have a degree in how to manage people or a business. It's all about greed.
don't worry, they'll spend it all on anger management - eventually. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
MTSOs and NJA - just me
[ In Reply To ..]
No, the MTSOs overhire because it is really hard these days to find a reliable transcriptionist and even harder to find one who can transcribe client-ready work. Then, there is the constant job shifting or not showing up in the first place. It is very expensive to hire staff and very time-consuming.

I can assure you they are not making the money that you think.

Costs incurred:

Constant hiring/training/editing
Technology (very expensive these days)
Platform costs
800 numbers/faxes
QA to clean up the work
Advertising/marketing to obtain clients
Account setup (more expensive than you think)

So when you are paying over 2-4 cpl to capture dictation/platforms, 3 cpl for editing, and 8 cpl for transcription but the client only wants to pay 8 cpl or 12 cpl if you are extremely lucky, what do you get? Sometimes you can transcribe/provide transcription to a facility and not make any money for at least a few years.....
PUHLEESE!!!! Stop talking!!!! - MTIA
[ In Reply To ..]
You are making me cry - NOT!!!

There are many, many, many of us MTs that are diligent with our schedules and provide very accurate finished reports for MTSOs and still we are paid peanuts, never see raises, and deal with NJAs constantly. Evidently the MTSOs don't know how to hire and then treat experienced MTs fairly or with any respect for their work.
wrong assumption - TiredMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure there are some deadbeat MTs who do not adhere to the commitment levels that are agreed to, but I know a lot of very professional MTs/Editors and we all consider this to be a career, take pride in our finished documents, and give our MTSOs whatever our contracts indicate. Now, personally, if I get NJA, I am not going to sit around and wait for work to come in. I'm going to go play in someone else's sandbox.

If you think that an MTSO is not making money, you've been drinking the cherry cool-aid. The owners, financial backers, and support staff are all taking a paycheck. You can easily do an internet search on many of these companies and find the financial stats.

They have sold the MTs/Editors/QA people down the river by undercutting pricing against each other. They are still making a profit. Keep in mind that in almost any other industry, they would also have huge overhead for each of the MTs/etc., which they do not incur. It's pretty much a high-tech sweatshop.
MTSOs - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Probably so for the larger nationals, but for us small services, I am just stating how it is. All but 1 of my friends who used to own a service has since gone out of business.

The last transcriptionist I fired had 93 errors in a short 2-page report, and most of the report is templated. I have even had a transcriptionist paste part of an ortho sample onto a breast cancer excision.... Go figure. These are clear English-speaking physicians. Multiply this by several years of the same story, and I no longer take on work I cannot do myself. Most do not even show up for work. I am transcribing 9 accounts, accounts I landed only to manage and not transcribe myself. I should actually thank them though, as I am making good money.
3 cpl for editing is obscene and insulting. - Walmart pays better
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Nasty -- Must Vent
Mar 29, 2014

Sniffling nose, like there are no tissues in a HOSPITAL.  And this is a woman dictator.  The women are not usually so gross.  Not like those nasty men with their huge sinuses which force the poor transcriptionist to listen to the snorts and snot gushing around.  GROSS!  Grab a damn tissue, will you?  And -- I typed her last week and she was still sniffling then. DRY IT UP!  And she wants to do surgery tomorrow. DOUBLE GROSS! ...

Anyone Else Not Replying To Nasty Emails? Vent
Jun 18, 2013

Rather than a "thank you" for spending a LOT of uncompensated time trying to locate a patient in their records with NO demographics, (no MRM, no spelling of name, no age given, no DOB) and a name that has MULTIPLE possible spellings I get a nasty note that it was in the system.  Where do these people get off paying us nothing and then bitching at us for taking all the additional time to create temporary demographics, email them with all the data, etc., per their protocol? I really think we ...

Have To Vent...good God Enough With The Mass E-mails Every Few Minutes Already...sm
Jan 06, 2011

Just have to vent a little before I go insane.  I'm happy with the current company I'm working for but OMG enough with the constant mass e-mails all day long already!  They copy everybody on everything and it's such a nuisance...can't get into the "zone" at all this way. I want to close down my outlook but can't because we have to be on the lookout for stats...okay...that felt good....back to work and stupid e-mails that do not pertain to me... ...

Problem With Kapersky Antivirus-vent Warning
Apr 13, 2010

This dumb antivirus seems to update or scan at least once an hour making my computer stall out and Docuscribe becomes unresponsive.   This was the reason I disabled McAffee!!  Tech support promised me Kapersky would be better- that was my first mistake, listening to the tech people.  Is there any way to stop this thing from running a scan all the freaking time?  Honestly, I am ready to disable this one too.  It is a MQ computer and right now I really could not care ...

"Nasty Patsy" Is At It Again With Her E-mails
Apr 07, 2013

I would LOVE to be on the T  account on the weekends.  Give it to me or leave me out of these nasty emails!! ...

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

Well-got My Verbal Warning, Next Stop Written Warning !!!
Apr 01, 2010

I guess I'm possibly 2 weeks away from termination if I don't pass the next 2 audits.  Trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise :)  Never failed an audit in the over 10 years that I've worked for Medquist, or maybe I was never audited who knows.  ...

OMG! LAST WEEK WITH N-NASTY!!
Aug 03, 2013

No more working every weekend, no more FIESA!, no more new accounts and then getting dinged for mistakes on new accounts.... best of alll no more weekends with my computer instead of with my family.... ...

Nasty Posts About QCs
Sep 28, 2013

It amazes me how nasty some people can be regarding QCs.  They make mistakes just like everyone else.  If they mark something incorrectly, I'm would be willing to bet that it is just a mistake.  Like the posting about S1-S2, do you really think that QC intentionally marked that wrong?  No, of course not, it was a mistake.  Those of you who are making such nasty remarks, are you perfect?  I don't think so.  Instead of complaining about the people who a ...

MT's Are Among Some Of The Most Nasty, Miserable...
Sep 30, 2013

People I've ever come across. Time after time on this board, I've seen people ask simple questions that only require simple answers. But it never fails that someone, and usually more than one person, has to add nastiness,  or rudeness in their answers. Some of you go out of your way to try to bring people down, make them feel bad, belittle them, etc. Will a little kindness kill you? I hate to think some of you act this way to people offline. But I guess it's the whole being b ...

Nasty Dictator
Mar 14, 2015

Dear Dr. Phlegm, stop, PLEASE stop trying to "hock a loogie" while you are in the middle of the dictation.  That is freaking gross and I do not want to hear you trying to bring it up!  YUCK AND UGH!!! ...

Why Are There So Many Nasty People On This Board?
Dec 23, 2009

You ask a question, and instead of just answering it or ignoring it, people love to give smart aleck replices. Why are some people here so nasty? There are a lot of helpful and nice people here, of course. ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

Wow. What A Nasty Group Of People
Mar 20, 2014

xx ...

The Nasty N Word - Nuance
May 15, 2014

What do you dislike most about this company?  1.  Attitude toward MTs value in general reflected in low pay in particular.   ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

Anyone Getting MQ E-mails?
Jan 24, 2011

I haven't gotten an e-mail from MQ for a week.  Anyone else hear from them lately?  ...

E Mails
Apr 09, 2013

Is anyone else having problems sending e mails to their supervisors, whatever? No work, now I cant even get my e mails through. I am very upset by all of this. ...

MTSOs - How You Deal With These Nasty, Witchy Managers?
Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.     ...

Yippee! More Threats Of Overstaffing From The Queen Of Nasty At OTI. Nm
Feb 24, 2013

x.x..x. ...

Watch Out For Nuance Nasty Board Trolls
Aug 04, 2013

an email recently for a "concerned" MLS - never, ever had that happen on this board until the posts went up about the DOJ, DOL and all the bogus "errors" the QCs are hitting us for.  Check out the posts saying "what do you mean bogus errors - can you be specific; I don't get it; what errors?"  What MLS working for Nuance does not understand what a "bogus error" by Indian QC is?  Work for Nuance for a nanosecond, and you know immediately  they dump on the MLS� ...

Misunderstood In E-mails
Sep 23, 2010

Hi everyone:)  Have you ever felt that your e-mails were completely misunderstood by a supervisor?  Recently, I sent an e-mail explaining myself about something that came up, but the answer I received was totally the opposite of what I had tried to explain, and I just sat here shaking my head, and thinking "what just happened."  It made me look like I had deliberately said something that was untrue and tried to cover myself, which was not what I meant to do.  Rather, I was tr ...

E-mails From Companies...
Jan 26, 2011

happen?  Not that I want any mind you, but sometimes I see that someone mentions they got an E-mail from so-and-so (company).  How did they get your E-mail address?  Are you on some other board or have a resume' out there or something?  I am only curious, like I stated, as I am not so sure I would want to be solicited from a company in my E-mail. ...

Keep Getting E-mails From Spectramedi
Aug 20, 2011

I keep getting e-mails from spectramedi.  I looked at the posts in the archives and there is no good thing about them in there.  I was just wondering if it was worth taking the test. TIA ...

India E-mails
Mar 27, 2012

In reviewing an e-mail to the worldwide team yesterday, they were asked why they were not responding to stat requests. They responded it would be taken care of, and signed off, "Cheers, and let us chill." REALLY????? ...

TTD -Has Amy Answered E-mails
Aug 23, 2012

I think I know the answer to this, but must ask anyway.  Has anyone gotten a response from Amy in the last week.  I responded to her e-mail about checks being re-issued and did not get a reply.  Has anyone received a check i.e. re-issued check?  ty ...

Training E-Mails, Oy Vey
Jun 30, 2013

Just checked and had 22 of them, continuing education, all voluntary and non-compensated?? WTF!?  Yeah, I'll view when I get a chance, sure..... ...

S.O.S. E-mails On Weekends
Dec 15, 2013

Why are we always expected to work extra and catch up on overdue work on the weekends that builds up because there's not enough coverage? Here's an idea:  schedule and/or hire the appropriate number of MTs to cover those two days instead of asking us to make it all better when the weekend panic mode sets in, which is every single weekend lately.  Of course in order to attract weekenders, that would entail actually paying a living wage a ...

HDSM And PC E-Mails
Jan 10, 2014

I used to keep MModal e-mail open all day, but the e-mails have become so negative and downright nasty that I am only checking it now a few times a day.  It is a distraction and demoralizing and effects my work.  Anyone else? ...