A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MTSOs - how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers? - bad day :(

Posted: Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.    

what I do - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, I bite my tongue, and try to act like a duck and let it slide off my back. But when they are outright rude, jump to assumptions and down my throat, I just come right back at them. I've also done that with doctors when I worked in the hospital and they'd come into the dept and get off the wall. It has been my experience that these folks are used to meeting only meekness and they are completely thrown off their game when you get right back in their face. Of course, there is a risk involved, but I have not been fired yet and find that generally I am treated with more respect in the future. BYW, I am the sole wage earner in my home, so it is not like I can afford to lose my job either. But on the other hand, I have self respect and don't get ulcers anymore. Please don't let your job create unhealthy stress. Its not worth it.

Sorry you are having this problem. I used to - Sunny

[ In Reply To ..]
have a manager like that. I avoided interacting with her as much as possible, and when my old employer offered me a job, I took it even though it was a pay cut. It was just not worth it to me to put up with the stress of working with an unpleasant person.

Thank you - bad days

[ In Reply To ..]
You ladies are great (my heroes really), and I appreciate the helpful feedback. I wish I could speak up to them, but I am in so much debt from all my surgery and medical bills, don't dare, so I just remind myself these are miserable women, bullies really, and that's the way it is with managers in many places. (People rise to their level of incompetence?) I work like a dog 7 days a week, trying to learn a new account (last one was offshored) with a bunch of mumble mouth doctors, always take time to look up prior reports and go on line for new unfamiliar words. The first complaint in these two months is that a patient's name did not match up with the MR#, and these two witches are threatening me already. I totally agree with you guys here, if I had another offer would be out the door, even if less money - just need to work with decent normal and intelligent/professional people, which is not what I'm dealing with here. Looking around as of now. Nobody deserves to be treated with so little respect.

Well, thanks for letting me vent and for sharing your encouraging stories. Really appreciate it. I know we're all suffering - more than need be, though, with these nasty, horrible people in charge.

BTW.. - bad times

[ In Reply To ..]
BTW, my QA person on the new account has been nice and decent. I had word mistakes, of course, in getting used to the new dictators, but she was very polite in her corrections and I didn't mind that at all. It's the managers who are the snots, always looking for any little procedural mistake (even though their instructions stink), so they can chew you out like a rottweiler. :p

bad day - mymind

[ In Reply To ..]
Why should anyone have to put up with this crap. Some people are just unhappy with life and take it out on everyone else. They should be put in their place. No one has a right to be rude and obnoxious to anyone even if you are over them. I just think it stinks that some in authority have to have such poor people skills!

They are clueless - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a supervisory position at a hospital where they had state of the art training in management and supervision for their staff. Our dept proved that employee moral is CRUCIAL to production and accuracy. I don't know where MTSOs are getting some of these leads and supervisors, but they haven't a clue as to how to deal with personnel. I've been accused of doing things I have not, repremanded for not reading the company email on my days off or after hours, written up for being one line off on my bimonthly invoice, yet not one time thanked for working my days off to bring an account back to TAT. The company I work for now just did an employee survey where they asked for reviews on the supervisors. I gave one a great review and the other didn't pass in my book. I think it will catch up to them eventually.

Hang in there, ladies who are being treated with this new sweat shop mentality. These bullies have the management IQ of an erasure stick.

Similar Messages:

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

OMG! LAST WEEK WITH N-NASTY!!
Aug 03, 2013

No more working every weekend, no more FIESA!, no more new accounts and then getting dinged for mistakes on new accounts.... best of alll no more weekends with my computer instead of with my family.... ...

Nasty Posts About QCs
Sep 28, 2013

It amazes me how nasty some people can be regarding QCs.  They make mistakes just like everyone else.  If they mark something incorrectly, I'm would be willing to bet that it is just a mistake.  Like the posting about S1-S2, do you really think that QC intentionally marked that wrong?  No, of course not, it was a mistake.  Those of you who are making such nasty remarks, are you perfect?  I don't think so.  Instead of complaining about the people who a ...

MT's Are Among Some Of The Most Nasty, Miserable...
Sep 30, 2013

People I've ever come across. Time after time on this board, I've seen people ask simple questions that only require simple answers. But it never fails that someone, and usually more than one person, has to add nastiness,  or rudeness in their answers. Some of you go out of your way to try to bring people down, make them feel bad, belittle them, etc. Will a little kindness kill you? I hate to think some of you act this way to people offline. But I guess it's the whole being b ...

Nasty -- Must Vent
Mar 29, 2014

Sniffling nose, like there are no tissues in a HOSPITAL.  And this is a woman dictator.  The women are not usually so gross.  Not like those nasty men with their huge sinuses which force the poor transcriptionist to listen to the snorts and snot gushing around.  GROSS!  Grab a damn tissue, will you?  And -- I typed her last week and she was still sniffling then. DRY IT UP!  And she wants to do surgery tomorrow. DOUBLE GROSS! ...

Nasty Dictator
Mar 14, 2015

Dear Dr. Phlegm, stop, PLEASE stop trying to "hock a loogie" while you are in the middle of the dictation.  That is freaking gross and I do not want to hear you trying to bring it up!  YUCK AND UGH!!! ...

Why Are There So Many Nasty People On This Board?
Dec 23, 2009

You ask a question, and instead of just answering it or ignoring it, people love to give smart aleck replices. Why are some people here so nasty? There are a lot of helpful and nice people here, of course. ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

Wow. What A Nasty Group Of People
Mar 20, 2014

xx ...

The Nasty N Word - Nuance
May 15, 2014

What do you dislike most about this company?  1.  Attitude toward MTs value in general reflected in low pay in particular.   ...

Operations Managers
Jun 20, 2012

Have any of you ever had an issue with a current Operations Manager at MModal? ...

MTSO Managers
Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone have a decent one?  I'm looking around for a new job but don't know if they'd be any better anywhere else.  Just can't take these nasty people anymore..  Too old and sick to take it any more.  :p  You don't have to name your company, of course, just wondering if there are any good managers and places to work out there? Thanks. :) ...

Heard From Managers?
Mar 10, 2014

Just curious, with this bankruptcy issue going on, has anyone heard much from their "service managers" lately?  Mine has been much quieter lately compared to usual.   ...

To NUisANCE Managers
May 17, 2014

If you monitor this board, then you surely have a modicum of an idea of how unhappy we MTs are with your so-called management.  "Exciting News" doesn't cut it.  FIESA (a.k.a. FIASCO) is only something to demoralize and demean us.  The Link is a waste of time.  MT Week and its games, etc., is meaningless.  When are you going to do the right thing and take note of what we've been saying to you all along?  When people just don't care any more, when they ...

How Did They Decide Which Managers To Let Go?
Oct 25, 2014

Mine was let go.  She seemed very efficient and nice.  Do they decide by how many years you are employed by MM? ...

Managers In Meeting
Nov 18, 2014

Several of the managers I have on my IM have statuses saying they're in a meeting.  Not sure if this is just their regular monthly meetings with the COM or if this has something to do with the new compensation plan or whatever.  Anyone else have managers in meetings all morning?   ...

What Is The Point Of Having So Many Managers??
Jan 20, 2015

What happened to the 1 "manager" that you could call, email and ask a simple question and get a simple answer??? ...

TT Managers Are Appreciated (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I have had only good experiences with TT account managers.  They have always answered my emails promptly and been very willing to be flexible with my scheduliing.   AD has always taken the time to make personal phone calls to MTs when more info is needed or something didn't go through the system, to make sure they get paid on time.   I'm sure they share our stress over the accounts going to EPIC.  I just wanted them to know they are appreciated for all their hard wo ...

TO NUANCE MANAGERS:
Feb 16, 2015

If any TSMs, Regional Managers or executives are reading posts on this site, I don't know how you sleep at night!  We, as MLS', know exactly what is going on, even though you think we are stupid.  The only reason you have implemented the "Patient Safety Compensation Plan" is to pay us less so Nuance can make more money, it has nothing to do with patient safety, it is corporate greed so STOP all the lies!!! Also, please save all the crap at the end of the "updates" ...

NJA + Nasty E-mails (warning Vent)
Nov 27, 2012

I understand that the MTSOs sign contracts and promise tight TATs, but when an account has had the dreaded NJA at multiple times of the day, then why send out an e-mail stating that we need to keep the account within the 24-hour turnaround or the company will hire even more people for the account.  The account cannot possibly be out of contract if there is no work available.  These e-mails just prove that the MTSOs overhire and don't give a damn about whether the current workers c ...

Anyone Else Not Replying To Nasty Emails? Vent
Jun 18, 2013

Rather than a "thank you" for spending a LOT of uncompensated time trying to locate a patient in their records with NO demographics, (no MRM, no spelling of name, no age given, no DOB) and a name that has MULTIPLE possible spellings I get a nasty note that it was in the system.  Where do these people get off paying us nothing and then bitching at us for taking all the additional time to create temporary demographics, email them with all the data, etc., per their protocol? I really think we ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

SoftScript - How It Is To Work With Managers, Etc.
Jan 06, 2011

I was just offered a position at SS a couple days ago, but my experience with the recruiter was less than inviting.  She was rude and very impersonal.  If I were a company, I would want the first impression to be a great one.  I accepted the position, but I'm really not sure I want to work there, if this is how you're treated BEFORE you're an employee.  Anyone know how it is to work with managers, etc. or anything else about SS? ...

Do The Account Managers At WMX Still Report To
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

What Has Become Of All The DSG People And Account Managers
Sep 03, 2012

since buyout to MM.  Just wondering. ...

Let's Be Clear About Hands-on Managers
Oct 13, 2012

http://forum.mtstars.com/434118.html They are a significant part of the problem.  Along with upper levels they possess no ethics and apparently also lack cartilaginous tissue in the C-T-L spines to stand up and say they have ethics and will not go along with the unethical/illegal BS upper level suggests/dictates to them.  They have a choice and choose wrong.  They could stand together in numbers and say NO.  You think upper level is going to find enough people to replace ...

Question For MTSO Managers.....
Jul 13, 2014

How would you feel if your superior/boss/CEO emailed you and stated there is nothing for you to do this week, so you won't be getting paid; HOWEVER, you must be available in case there is work, so make sure you sit there by the phone so we can call you if we need you and you better be available IMMEDIATELY. We expect work to be available next week and you can just cram in 80 hrs to make up for the lost week of work. How does that sound? What the hell is wrong with these companies promisin ...

The Axe Is Falling On Middle Managers?
Jan 08, 2015

I just read a rather crypic e-mail which indicates this is the case, though no clear reason was given as to why.  It may be that at least some of the TSMs knew this was coming, which is why some of them have been so unpleasant lately.   ...

Incognito Managers/supers
Mar 24, 2015

Has anybody else noticed the managers or the "abbreviations of the day" are no longer readily available?  No matter how many times I email or call I NEVER get in touch with my AD (abbreviation of the day) lol.  No return email, no return phone call.  It's like they have fallen into an abyss never to be seen or heard from again.   ...