A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT's are among some of the most nasty, miserable... - me

Posted: Sep 30, 2013

People I've ever come across. Time after time on this board, I've seen people ask simple questions that only require simple answers. But it never fails that someone, and usually more than one person, has to add nastiness,  or rudeness in their answers. Some of you go out of your way to try to bring people down, make them feel bad, belittle them, etc. Will a little kindness kill you? I hate to think some of you act this way to people offline. But I guess it's the whole being behind the safety of your computer that makes you all so bold.

Do you need a hug? - I think you need a hug!

[ In Reply To ..]

And then there are - those

[ In Reply To ..]
who just pop up occasionally seemingly for no reason and about people being Hmmm.

It was not always like this but over the years - MTs have become very

[ In Reply To ..]
hostile, nasty and the like. I know for a fact when asking simple help questions here I was almost crucified. I have no idea why the change and please do not say because people are losing their homes, savings, going broke, unable to work outside the home, having MIL problems. It was not like this several years ago and the issues were basically the same with job issues, etc. You cannot tell the truth because then you are blasted because others here having troubles and you should be also, shame on you for not being under the same black cloud as others. I was under the wrong impression that kids bully but after posting here I found out grown people are probably even worse. Thank goodness the people here do not influence what I really do in my own personal life.

And then there are - those

[ In Reply To ..]
who come on a message board and make generalized statements. I only know 1 MT (myself), and I have never come on this board and ridiculed, belittled or been nasty to anyone, so I thank you to exclude me from your statements.

you just made her point - does the truth hurt?

[ In Reply To ..]
You just made her point. Her comment was a generalized comment and you had to take it personally. You know as well as I know there are many, many insults and put downs on this board to the point where the moderator has even gotten involved and made rules about it. She didn't do that cause she didn't have anything else to do.

If you know you are not one of the one's she is talking about why get so defensive? It was her opinion and hence she is still entitled to that opinion whether you agree with it or not.

I fell into a conversation a few months back about a job posting where they will not hire smokers. I commented on it because I am a smoker and lord I was called everything from being worse than a lepar to a mother who takes food and clothes off my childrens back, etc, etc, etc.

All I can say is if the shoe fits then wear it. Her email must have hit a nerve with a few of you or otherwise it would not have bothered you so much.

I just happen to agree with her posts 100%.

aaaaand... you just made HER point. - on and on… ad infinitum.

[ In Reply To ..]
Complaining about nastiness by being snarky/nasty oneself - sure makes a lot of sense. Whatever.
on and on - does the truth hurt
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure what you took in my post as snarky/nasty but it certainly was not intending it that way. Sorry you took it that way.

She is just saying when the cup is half full it is also half empty. - where there is a right, there is a left. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There's them that are snarky and there's them that are not. It is what it is, nothing to argue about. I also agree with OP (100%), but I don't care, not to the pont of 'in your face' with it. We know how it is here.

The terms "pot" and "kettle" come to mind! - Billy Goat Gruff No 3

[ In Reply To ..]
I think someone must feel like stirring that pot to make a post like the above.

This is not unique to MTStars. This is how social networks seem to be... - MTRockyRoad

[ In Reply To ..]
At least, that is what I've seen all over the Internet, including Huffington Post, political boards (especially those), Facebook (which I deleted my account due to hostile and narcissistic environment), etc. That's not to say that all posters behave like bullies, but it sure seems to be that when people can hide behind their monitor with some anonymity, they let their true colors be shown. Also, it is very, very easy to take things the wrong way, too, which I've seen happen.

However, I think you have generalized too much, which all of us are prone to do. There are many MTs who post here and are obviously kind, thoughtful, and helpful to others.

What I try to keep in mind is one question before I push the reply button: Would I say the statement I'm about to post if I was sitting across a table or next to this person? If I would not, then I either tone it down, change it, or delete it.

One thing I'd also like to point out is that when people ARE losing their livelihoods - and it's a tsunami right now - does it really help to have one MT pop in with, "But, I'm still making $26 an hour! I'm fine and happy!" No, that's rather thoughtless, don't you think? I mean, would you do that in person to a person who is losing their home?

Good point... - AMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just my opinion, but I agree with you especially the last statement. If I was told to my face in person that "you" make $26 an hour and are happy while I'm working OT and barely making minimum wage and about to lose my house, I personally may take that as a rubbing-it-in-my-face kinda way because I can see your facial expression and hear your tone/inflection in your voice, etc whereas in print, I would never know if you were being sincerely nice or downright nasty, even with LOL or all caps to indicate such.

Just an example mind you (LOL)

Not everyone on this earth is a Rockefeller - Katie

[ In Reply To ..]
Why be upset, jealous of what others have and you don't? If you don't like the rut you might find yourself in, then do something to change it. I have no problem with my physician making the 6 figured income per year. He studied for it and earned it. No green eyed jealousy here. Some have it, some don't.

oh yes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a combination of things. Being bold behind the computer, yes, and also being isolated from people and lacking in social skills. I have been the giver and receiver of snark over the years on this MT board, and another one.

I totally agree - Very Mean and Nasty on this board - no msg

[ In Reply To ..]

I agree completely! - Kathie

[ In Reply To ..]
I know! It is like they are just waiting for their next victim. Why not help and support one another instead of attacking them?

Similar Messages:

Regarding A September Thread About MTs Being "nasty, Miserable" People
Oct 07, 2013

Quote from your post: " MT's are among some of the most nasty, miserable... People I've ever come across."    I'm a little late to the party, but here's my 2 cents for the OP: You appear to be the kind of person who pulls 1 green M&M out of a bag and then assumes all M&Ms in that bag must be green.  There are nearly 100,000 MTs in the US, but only about 400 visit this board.  Do you see where I'm going with this, or do I have to ...

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

If Your So Miserable Here
Mar 25, 2013

Why do you stay? We ALL know this is a dieing field. We ALL have taken paycuts. If your young take control of YOUR destiny and do something about it...If this wasnt a last career for me, I certainly would retrain and do something different. The object of a job is to love it and make the most money possible doing the least amount of work. Find what you love and move on.. Im not being mean, just saying..Who loves this job? I dont, I dont hate it, it pays the extra bills..and Ill stay. But i ...

I Hate 6.1! I Just Thought I Was Miserable Before
Sep 09, 2010

My line count is circling the drain. This is the most gawdawful program they have ever come up with. I hate no more "End of Session" button. The numbering system is cool, but doesn't make up for the rest of the crap. If it wasn't for the health insurance, I would be outta here. ...

With The QC Bonus Now Making Us Miserable
Aug 07, 2013

I'm curious as to why Nuance would do this? Why would they give QC a bonus and make ours so darn hard to acheive? Why would they allow QC to continue to make up bogus errors to only make us look really bad?  I think I know. If they show their clients that the US based MTs have worse qulaity than the India based MTs and are more expensive, they could switch over 100% of their client base to India and get rid of all of us and the expense of having us like future Obamacare insurance, P/R ...

As Long As You Are Miserable, You Get Likes, If You Have A
Apr 25, 2014

I posted below under are you happy section and responded to someone who said Americans are not spoiled which I very much think I am (now). I told about how life is for me and got so many dislikes; however if you post about your terrible life, cannot find nor keep a job, have to go on goverment assistance, not knowing where your next meal is coming from, not enough to pay your rent, everyone then is like a cheerleader all in your corner. Not everyone is in the same boat but I think most would lov ...

OMG! LAST WEEK WITH N-NASTY!!
Aug 03, 2013

No more working every weekend, no more FIESA!, no more new accounts and then getting dinged for mistakes on new accounts.... best of alll no more weekends with my computer instead of with my family.... ...

Nasty Posts About QCs
Sep 28, 2013

It amazes me how nasty some people can be regarding QCs.  They make mistakes just like everyone else.  If they mark something incorrectly, I'm would be willing to bet that it is just a mistake.  Like the posting about S1-S2, do you really think that QC intentionally marked that wrong?  No, of course not, it was a mistake.  Those of you who are making such nasty remarks, are you perfect?  I don't think so.  Instead of complaining about the people who a ...

Nasty -- Must Vent
Mar 29, 2014

Sniffling nose, like there are no tissues in a HOSPITAL.  And this is a woman dictator.  The women are not usually so gross.  Not like those nasty men with their huge sinuses which force the poor transcriptionist to listen to the snorts and snot gushing around.  GROSS!  Grab a damn tissue, will you?  And -- I typed her last week and she was still sniffling then. DRY IT UP!  And she wants to do surgery tomorrow. DOUBLE GROSS! ...

Nasty Dictator
Mar 14, 2015

Dear Dr. Phlegm, stop, PLEASE stop trying to "hock a loogie" while you are in the middle of the dictation.  That is freaking gross and I do not want to hear you trying to bring it up!  YUCK AND UGH!!! ...

Why Are There So Many Nasty People On This Board?
Dec 23, 2009

You ask a question, and instead of just answering it or ignoring it, people love to give smart aleck replices. Why are some people here so nasty? There are a lot of helpful and nice people here, of course. ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

Wow. What A Nasty Group Of People
Mar 20, 2014

xx ...

The Nasty N Word - Nuance
May 15, 2014

What do you dislike most about this company?  1.  Attitude toward MTs value in general reflected in low pay in particular.   ...

NJA + Nasty E-mails (warning Vent)
Nov 27, 2012

I understand that the MTSOs sign contracts and promise tight TATs, but when an account has had the dreaded NJA at multiple times of the day, then why send out an e-mail stating that we need to keep the account within the 24-hour turnaround or the company will hire even more people for the account.  The account cannot possibly be out of contract if there is no work available.  These e-mails just prove that the MTSOs overhire and don't give a damn about whether the current workers c ...

Anyone Else Not Replying To Nasty Emails? Vent
Jun 18, 2013

Rather than a "thank you" for spending a LOT of uncompensated time trying to locate a patient in their records with NO demographics, (no MRM, no spelling of name, no age given, no DOB) and a name that has MULTIPLE possible spellings I get a nasty note that it was in the system.  Where do these people get off paying us nothing and then bitching at us for taking all the additional time to create temporary demographics, email them with all the data, etc., per their protocol? I really think we ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

MTSOs - How You Deal With These Nasty, Witchy Managers?
Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.     ...

Yippee! More Threats Of Overstaffing From The Queen Of Nasty At OTI. Nm
Feb 24, 2013

x.x..x. ...

Watch Out For Nuance Nasty Board Trolls
Aug 04, 2013

an email recently for a "concerned" MLS - never, ever had that happen on this board until the posts went up about the DOJ, DOL and all the bogus "errors" the QCs are hitting us for.  Check out the posts saying "what do you mean bogus errors - can you be specific; I don't get it; what errors?"  What MLS working for Nuance does not understand what a "bogus error" by Indian QC is?  Work for Nuance for a nanosecond, and you know immediately  they dump on the MLS� ...

I Hate Transcend. Their Management Is Nasty And I Cannot Make Even $8.00 An Hour.
May 05, 2011

If you complain about this editing stuff you get told just be glad you have a mess or you would not have a job.  I had to retype a 15 minute editing job because the editor decided it was doing an exam for an obstetrics patient and it should have been for a neurosurgery patient.  How many times have you found a uterus in the brain?  I would not advise anyone to apply for their jobs.  You will just get treated like dirt and they do not care if you make any money or not.  ...

"Nasty Patsy" Is At It Again With Her E-mails
Apr 07, 2013

I would LOVE to be on the T  account on the weekends.  Give it to me or leave me out of these nasty emails!! ...