A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow. What a nasty group of people - nm

Posted: Mar 20, 2014

xx

I agree it saddens me - East MT

[ In Reply To ..]
This seems to have divided us more than brought us together :(

It's the pay, should have kept the secret. - Not pleased.

[ In Reply To ..]
It just makes me hate MModal all the more. What a bunch of despicable scumbags.

Nasty? No, just a wee-bit angry that we get shafted - daily as MTs and these guys are

[ In Reply To ..]
going to be making close to $30 an hour, as trainees. That is obscene to me.

That is what is truly nasty. MModal is nasty.

where did it say close to $30? - not true at all trust me

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Sorry, too late on that one. Someone spilled - the beans below.

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure you want us all to believe that it really and truly isn't that, however, the poster below even clarified her answer to explain WHY it was close to $30.

Yeah, we are divided by about $15 an hour.

I was told the salary - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
A really good friend of mine made it in. He said to not tell anyone, so I'll be vague. I make more as an MT than his starting (I make 8.5 cpl base). After getting credentialed, he will be making less than $20/hr (my benefit rate is still just a little more). The pay cap is not much more closer to $20 than it is to $30. It still is quite a bit, but I doubt anybody will reach the cap knowing MModal. The good thing is that credentialing will be through AAPC, so after 2 years he can get a job elsewhere.

That was pretty detailed for vague. - Bonuses, make it close to 30

[ In Reply To ..]
What it says to me is this - they "value" these 60 employees over the thousands of MTs who currently earn their bread and butter, it doesn't set well.

This last little indignity did it for me. I am outta here.

No, no, no. That "under 30" figure is a HUGE misrepresentation. - Try something close to half that.

[ In Reply To ..]
That is all.

Whatever. Straw. Camels back. - Enjoy the new MModal coder board.

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot deal with this underhanded, despicable company any longer. I, actually we MTs, deserve better than to be treated like this. I have been doing this a long time, so I get that this industry is dying, but this is just a kick in the face.

Between the Ch 11 and this, it is too much. Leaving much sooner than planned.

It sickens me. Enjoy your fabulous journey with this top notch company. Good luck.
Has anyone contacted the moderators requesting an MM coder board? - That would be nice. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I second this motion. - It is not healthy for us to mix.
[ In Reply To ..]
We are clearly not on the same level in the eyes of our employer.

I got an offer, and the only way - u been misinformed

[ In Reply To ..]
anyone is getting close to $30 is as a top-level coder with certification and making bonuses. Trainee is not even close to that.
Right, damage control. I get it. The poster below - who was so excited, got it all wrong. K. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
The poster below was exaggerating. - For what purpose, I do not know.
[ In Reply To ..]
But it has kicked off a crapnado. What a shame.

Don't feel too bad. I'm sure MM knows a million - ways to lower $30/hr to min. wage,

[ In Reply To ..]
and do it even faster than they did it to MTs. If they didn't think they could pull that off again, I doubt they would have any interest at all in getting into the coding game.

No, they just see the same opportunity popping up a second time, and they're going to take full advantage.

Indeed! - wow

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Why would people brag about making close to - 30 bucks an hour, that qualifies as nasty.

[ In Reply To ..]
MM just filed bankruptcy and yet they are opening the purse wide for this little project. It does not help the already very low morale.

Guess as a lowly MT, I don't appreciate it much.

I am guessing MM would have rather that little piece of info stayed quiet.

why would you all be so quick to believe - one poster

[ In Reply To ..]
who embellished the story and disregard the ones who try to give it to you straight?
Well, in law enforcement they call it an excited utterance - more believable than an
[ In Reply To ..]
orchestrated response.

It's all good. You can have MModal. I don't really need them. Feel bad for those whose very lives depend on them. That is truly a terrifying thing.
well, you are going to believe what you like, but - I am one of the 60
[ In Reply To ..]
and I am under no delusion that I'll be making $30/hr any time soon.
More likely never, if coding ends up outsourced - to an MTSO, rather than in-house
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, we can all kiss coding goodbye if it's MM's new project. - Theyll drive it down to min wage too. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

what happened - to

[ In Reply To ..]
all the kisses and hugs and hope you get in. Your score is not bad, etc. Where is the delirious joy? I think we have some sore losers. You had equal chance at the opportunity of a lifetime and you didn't make it. Now people are going to quit and feel they have been personally slighted by MM. How the worm does turn. You are acting like schoolgirls rather than employees of a corporation.

I didn't test. I am a mere MT who kinda hates - MModal today. Ch. 11, unfair pay practice

[ In Reply To ..]
it is just another reason to see them for the underhanded, nasty, buggars they are.

well if you hate this company so much and then stay - you have bigger problems

[ In Reply To ..]
than the people on this board. I hope things get better for your soon

Similar Messages:

Why Are There So Many Nasty People On This Board?
Dec 23, 2009

You ask a question, and instead of just answering it or ignoring it, people love to give smart aleck replices. Why are some people here so nasty? There are a lot of helpful and nice people here, of course. ...

Regarding A September Thread About MTs Being "nasty, Miserable" People
Oct 07, 2013

Quote from your post: " MT's are among some of the most nasty, miserable... People I've ever come across."    I'm a little late to the party, but here's my 2 cents for the OP: You appear to be the kind of person who pulls 1 green M&M out of a bag and then assumes all M&Ms in that bag must be green.  There are nearly 100,000 MTs in the US, but only about 400 visit this board.  Do you see where I'm going with this, or do I have to ...

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

OMG! LAST WEEK WITH N-NASTY!!
Aug 03, 2013

No more working every weekend, no more FIESA!, no more new accounts and then getting dinged for mistakes on new accounts.... best of alll no more weekends with my computer instead of with my family.... ...

Nasty Posts About QCs
Sep 28, 2013

It amazes me how nasty some people can be regarding QCs.  They make mistakes just like everyone else.  If they mark something incorrectly, I'm would be willing to bet that it is just a mistake.  Like the posting about S1-S2, do you really think that QC intentionally marked that wrong?  No, of course not, it was a mistake.  Those of you who are making such nasty remarks, are you perfect?  I don't think so.  Instead of complaining about the people who a ...

MT's Are Among Some Of The Most Nasty, Miserable...
Sep 30, 2013

People I've ever come across. Time after time on this board, I've seen people ask simple questions that only require simple answers. But it never fails that someone, and usually more than one person, has to add nastiness,  or rudeness in their answers. Some of you go out of your way to try to bring people down, make them feel bad, belittle them, etc. Will a little kindness kill you? I hate to think some of you act this way to people offline. But I guess it's the whole being b ...

Nasty -- Must Vent
Mar 29, 2014

Sniffling nose, like there are no tissues in a HOSPITAL.  And this is a woman dictator.  The women are not usually so gross.  Not like those nasty men with their huge sinuses which force the poor transcriptionist to listen to the snorts and snot gushing around.  GROSS!  Grab a damn tissue, will you?  And -- I typed her last week and she was still sniffling then. DRY IT UP!  And she wants to do surgery tomorrow. DOUBLE GROSS! ...

Nasty Dictator
Mar 14, 2015

Dear Dr. Phlegm, stop, PLEASE stop trying to "hock a loogie" while you are in the middle of the dictation.  That is freaking gross and I do not want to hear you trying to bring it up!  YUCK AND UGH!!! ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

The Nasty N Word - Nuance
May 15, 2014

What do you dislike most about this company?  1.  Attitude toward MTs value in general reflected in low pay in particular.   ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

NJA + Nasty E-mails (warning Vent)
Nov 27, 2012

I understand that the MTSOs sign contracts and promise tight TATs, but when an account has had the dreaded NJA at multiple times of the day, then why send out an e-mail stating that we need to keep the account within the 24-hour turnaround or the company will hire even more people for the account.  The account cannot possibly be out of contract if there is no work available.  These e-mails just prove that the MTSOs overhire and don't give a damn about whether the current workers c ...

Anyone Else Not Replying To Nasty Emails? Vent
Jun 18, 2013

Rather than a "thank you" for spending a LOT of uncompensated time trying to locate a patient in their records with NO demographics, (no MRM, no spelling of name, no age given, no DOB) and a name that has MULTIPLE possible spellings I get a nasty note that it was in the system.  Where do these people get off paying us nothing and then bitching at us for taking all the additional time to create temporary demographics, email them with all the data, etc., per their protocol? I really think we ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

MTSOs - How You Deal With These Nasty, Witchy Managers?
Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.     ...

Yippee! More Threats Of Overstaffing From The Queen Of Nasty At OTI. Nm
Feb 24, 2013

x.x..x. ...

Watch Out For Nuance Nasty Board Trolls
Aug 04, 2013

an email recently for a "concerned" MLS - never, ever had that happen on this board until the posts went up about the DOJ, DOL and all the bogus "errors" the QCs are hitting us for.  Check out the posts saying "what do you mean bogus errors - can you be specific; I don't get it; what errors?"  What MLS working for Nuance does not understand what a "bogus error" by Indian QC is?  Work for Nuance for a nanosecond, and you know immediately  they dump on the MLS� ...

I Hate Transcend. Their Management Is Nasty And I Cannot Make Even $8.00 An Hour.
May 05, 2011

If you complain about this editing stuff you get told just be glad you have a mess or you would not have a job.  I had to retype a 15 minute editing job because the editor decided it was doing an exam for an obstetrics patient and it should have been for a neurosurgery patient.  How many times have you found a uterus in the brain?  I would not advise anyone to apply for their jobs.  You will just get treated like dirt and they do not care if you make any money or not.  ...

My Group
Jan 29, 2015

I guess I'm the only one working in my group.  My volumes keep going up instead of down.  I'm only 1 person! Get with it folks! ...

Hey - If You Are In BR's Group
May 14, 2015

You can swap out your Memorial Day scheduled hours for Sunday, Thursday or Friday. Just a head's up!! ...

Group B Strep Or Group B Strep?
Jan 08, 2010

which is correct- group B strep or Group B Strep? thanks ...

Moretti Group
Feb 16, 2010

Has anyone heard of this company?  I looked through the archives and couldn't find anything.  Thanks for any information. ...

Concerns Group
Jan 29, 2011

I have grave concerns regarding our profession.  Many of you do as well.  I am not normally one who dwells on this sort of thing, but I have seen our profession go from being able to support myself to a profession of hardly making it.  I have had to drop my health insurance in order to pay rent and utilities.  At my age, this is not a good thing at all.  I have scaled back on everything.  The only luxury I have is I rent 1 movie a week and then only very inexpensive ...

May 1st.....FB Group Post
Apr 29, 2012

Not that it'll make a difference, but I posted https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=443628018984857&id=337068492974144&notif_t=feed_comment ...

MT Group India
Jun 19, 2012

Has anyone ever heard of MT Group India ?  I was contacted by them and I was wondering if this was a legit company. ...

MT India Group
Dec 11, 2012

I would highly recommend the medical transcription community, as well as the physicians of the United States stay away from this company.  I will not post any further info here.  If you have a complaint against these people, PM me privately. ...

How Do You Get A Transfer To Another Group?
Mar 13, 2013

It is just getting worse and worse. I work Th - Fri, and there isn't even any work on Sat and Sun! I hate giving up my weekend for naught. Fri is the only day I have been getting work. My TSM never answers my emails or phone calls. I sent an email 2 weeks ago asking to be moved to a group with work. After all, MM is hiring. ...

Got A Group E-mail From
Apr 07, 2013

and I thought it was going to be about the layoffs and some reassurance or warning, but it was about what all she was doing this weekend. ...

If You Were In The Group That Came Over From FutureNet
Oct 02, 2013

and you haven't checked your pay stub yet...boy are you in for a surprise!  ...