A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

S.O.S. e-mails on weekends - How come?

Posted: Dec 15, 2013

Why are we always expected to work extra and catch up on overdue work on the weekends that builds up because there's not enough coverage? Here's an idea:  schedule and/or hire the appropriate number of MTs to cover those two days instead of asking us to make it all better when the weekend panic mode sets in, which is every single weekend lately.  Of course in order to attract weekenders, that would entail actually paying a living wage as well as a differential.  So I guess I just answered my own question.

Jeez.    

S.O.S. e-mails - 7th child

[ In Reply To ..]
And, don't you love now when they "ask" you to work over they send along a schedule for you to commit to? Excuse me? I'm not even making minimum wage. Why in God's name would I want to work more for these people?

SOS - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work any OT period!! I sign in work, and sign out. Until they pay are real OT rate (instead of half of your hourly rate, and call it OT, which for me is about $6), then MAYBE I'll pay attention to those "out of TAT"/ trying to put a guilt trip on you, "the patients/clients are waiting for their reports" emails. I refuse to use my own time to work for less than minimum wage!

Same here - no OT from me. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
You are right. Until they pay real OT, my personnal time is more important.

Besides, I can barely do 40 hours let alone any extra. So not worth it.
I might work extra if there was no Fiesa who - needs the stress? sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever happened to offering a bonus to clear out these accounts? Offer a bonus and the work will get caught up. Duh.

I suspect so many have fled the company there just isn't the coverage to keep up when we get slammed with work.

They should take another look at the survey we never saw results of and that might give them a clue. Hello?

No OT - Craig

[ In Reply To ..]
I have also noticed the sudden panic in weekend coverage. If there was ADEQUATE OT pay, maybe I would think about it.

This is not in defense of them - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
But everyone works either Sun-Thu or Tues-Sat. That leaves only 3 days of the week when all hands are on deck, Tues, Wed and Thu and they are "short handed" Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. I agree it is a staffing problem and it's not my problem.

SOS e-mails - Ed

[ In Reply To ..]
Here it is the almost the end of the quarter. They want us to work OT. You take a chance of getting a major error or 2 and maybe going below 99% and losing your little bit of bonus pay for a full 3 months! NOT WORTH IT.

If the account is also covered by India...India doesn't work weekends much - My2cents

[ In Reply To ..]
They'll work 5 days a week but ask them to work the weekend? Ha. Same as holidays. So they rely on the US folks to pick up the slack for their cheap labor offshore partners.

HEY HIGHER-UPS! TAKE NOTE OF THIS THREAD!(nm) - BONUS OFFER would be the answer

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

TAT On Weekends
Feb 04, 2013

Is it just me or has the work gotten out of control across the board on weekends?  It seems like there are lots more S.O.S. e-mails since the merger.  I wonder if people quitting is the reason?  Then again, it could be a combination of that plus the fact that treating us MTs like peons without any say is coming back to bite the higher-ups  in their proverbial buttocks (that's MT for butts).  I know MY motivation to help out on demand when th ...

Weekends Only
Jul 19, 2014

Are there only companies that hire for weekends only?  ...

Mandatory Weekends....why?
Apr 09, 2011

Why do MTSOs require weekend coverage for every one of their accounts? I have 2 and have work up the yin yang during the week but come Saturday, I'm watching paint dry. My MTSO requires 1 weekend day, at least 4 hours. I changed my weekend shift TWICE to work during the "busy" dictation times and I'm still NJA. Now that it's getting nicer outside, I've got plans and wanna have a life again. The higher ups get off every weekend, why can't we, or at least rotate? I do ...

NJA. CCM Says We Have To Makeup Time On Weekends
Nov 06, 2009

only.  Is there anything in the handbook about this?   ...

PT Transcenders Working Weekends
Jan 17, 2010

I also was concerned about the statement in the handbook indicating that even as PT we had to put in an 8 hour day on the weekend.  I contacted the appropriate person who informed me that the polices in the handbook are directed to Transcend MLSs that are hired “the normal way,” and not to the MDI MLSs who are coming in via the merger.  Nothing will change about the way you schedule yourself as long as our accounts stay compliant with TAT. Like you, I am also going to b ...

Do Indian MTs Work Weekends?
Nov 19, 2011

My dictations seem a lot easier today on Saturday with a lot of good dictators versus all of the horrible dictators during the week and I was wondering if this could be due to the Indian MTs not working weekends, or maybe it is just my good luck today! ...

Remedy Tickets On The Weekends
Feb 06, 2014

I work every weekend, and since Christmas there has been little to no work on the weekends.  I tried to do remedy tickets, but the date automatically advances to the upcoiming Monday date, and if I type the date in manually, it gives me an error... and then shows a calendar to chose a date, but all the weekend days are grayed out.  I asked my supervisor about this since I am eligible in my state to get compensated for at least 1 hour of pay, and she tells me you CAN do this, but that w ...

I Hate Holiday Weekends
May 25, 2014

The foreign docs are out in full force,, cannot understand a word they are saying and no American docs to transcribe to help get my line count to anywhere near acceptable range..praying for a lightening strike or an internet failure... ...

Does TTS Have Incentive Pay For 2nd Shift/weekends?
Jul 27, 2014

As an IC, does TTS have incentive pay for working in the evenings and on weekends?  Another company I am looking at does.  Thanks in advance! ...

M MODAL Holidays And Weekends
Feb 14, 2015

How difficult it to get time off on holidays or weekend s? I am struggling with this in their job proposal to me. I don't mind working a couple holidays, but not every single one.  What do they do if you call in "sick"?Why would a company not offer employees some holidays of? I just can't imagine working EVERY holiday.  ...

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

Part-time, Evenings And Weekends
Dec 26, 2013

Hoping my fellow MTs might know if there are companies that hire for 15-20 hours a week.  I can work both days of the weekends and a couple evenings per week.  It's almost impossible to ascertain this information from companies' websites, and they make it difficult to contact their HR departments.  I appreciate any advice you can lend.  ...

Move Hours To Nights And Weekends Or I Will Be Forced
Aug 21, 2010

Isn't that a kicker?   WHERE IS MY WORK?????   Does anyone know how to manage a workload?  My CCM obviously needs help!  Six months ago, it was "We need Monday hours... move them or else." Four months ago, it was "We need Friday hours... move them or else." Three months ago, it was "We need Saturday evening hours... move them or else." One month ago, it was "I have no Sunday coverage... move hours or else." This month it is "We do not need Monday hours, move ...

Anyone Getting MQ E-mails?
Jan 24, 2011

I haven't gotten an e-mail from MQ for a week.  Anyone else hear from them lately?  ...

E Mails
Apr 09, 2013

Is anyone else having problems sending e mails to their supervisors, whatever? No work, now I cant even get my e mails through. I am very upset by all of this. ...

Are There Any Companies With Clinic Work Available All The Time - Weekends Included?
Dec 09, 2013

If they may be hiring now, that's even better!  Thanks in advance!  :) ...

Misunderstood In E-mails
Sep 23, 2010

Hi everyone:)  Have you ever felt that your e-mails were completely misunderstood by a supervisor?  Recently, I sent an e-mail explaining myself about something that came up, but the answer I received was totally the opposite of what I had tried to explain, and I just sat here shaking my head, and thinking "what just happened."  It made me look like I had deliberately said something that was untrue and tried to cover myself, which was not what I meant to do.  Rather, I was tr ...

E-mails From Companies...
Jan 26, 2011

happen?  Not that I want any mind you, but sometimes I see that someone mentions they got an E-mail from so-and-so (company).  How did they get your E-mail address?  Are you on some other board or have a resume' out there or something?  I am only curious, like I stated, as I am not so sure I would want to be solicited from a company in my E-mail. ...

Keep Getting E-mails From Spectramedi
Aug 20, 2011

I keep getting e-mails from spectramedi.  I looked at the posts in the archives and there is no good thing about them in there.  I was just wondering if it was worth taking the test. TIA ...

India E-mails
Mar 27, 2012

In reviewing an e-mail to the worldwide team yesterday, they were asked why they were not responding to stat requests. They responded it would be taken care of, and signed off, "Cheers, and let us chill." REALLY????? ...

TTD -Has Amy Answered E-mails
Aug 23, 2012

I think I know the answer to this, but must ask anyway.  Has anyone gotten a response from Amy in the last week.  I responded to her e-mail about checks being re-issued and did not get a reply.  Has anyone received a check i.e. re-issued check?  ty ...

Training E-Mails, Oy Vey
Jun 30, 2013

Just checked and had 22 of them, continuing education, all voluntary and non-compensated?? WTF!?  Yeah, I'll view when I get a chance, sure..... ...

HDSM And PC E-Mails
Jan 10, 2014

I used to keep MModal e-mail open all day, but the e-mails have become so negative and downright nasty that I am only checking it now a few times a day.  It is a distraction and demoralizing and effects my work.  Anyone else? ...

Phantom E-mails!
Jan 20, 2014

right board? ...

What The Heck Are All These Ticket E-mails About?
Aug 10, 2010

You have to do the QCare thing when you get NJA.  Then, they send you a ticket number.  Great.  What do you do with the stupid ticket number?  Are you entered in a drawing?  Do they pick random ticket numbers and award the winner some work? Then, days later, you get another e-mail saying it is resolved? What the heck is that about?  Who resolved what?  Did the QCare staff magically send me work?  Do they get some award off of my ticket number for the fast ...

Do You Get Endless E Mails From Your Company All Day?
Oct 08, 2010

It really gets ridiculous.  Some are important and MANY are not.  Some are ridiculous.  You have to read through them all in case there is something important there.  As for the remainder, I wish they would just write 1 e mail at the end of the day covering all the garbage that does not even apply to everyone.  I hold my tongue (or replies) to the rude e mails that are chastizing to just a few MTs, but are sent to everyone.  I wonder how they would like it if ...

Supervisor Ignores My E-mails??
May 11, 2012

I am new to this MTSO so I have occasional questions and have directed them to my supervisor.  Some get answered, many get ignored.  I have asked some more than once.  How frustrating.  I'm not sure how to take this.  I would think it would be to her advantage to answer them as it refers to formatting, etc.  Maybe I should ignore her requests to work extra hours?  How would you handle this?  It really makes me wonder about this company. ...

TTD, Your Recent E-mails Are Quite Comical
Jul 03, 2012

Hey TTD, your recent e-mails are quite comical.  You send out e-mails basically threatening your MTs.  Maybe if you want MTs to work for you and hop on at any time when you need them, you should pay them more than 0.03 per line!  Your pay is laughable and so are your e-mails. ...

Softscript - You Get Threatening E-mails
Oct 25, 2012

Don't you just love how you get threatening e-mails wanting you to work more as clients are unhappy because their work is not getting back in a timely fashion.  Where was this concern when we were running out of work on a daily basis and were expected to just sit and wait for work.  There was no loyalty to their employees and so many quit, as they were tired of waiting and NO MONEY, and now they do not have enough employees for the work they have now.  But, what happens when this work go ...

Got 3 E Mails That Say All Areas Need Urgent Help
Nov 23, 2013

All of a sudden there is lots of work. What is up with that? they lay off people because not enough work and now work is overflowing. ...