A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Softscript - audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams - Nasty grams

Posted: Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervisors not smart enough to supervise in a way so that nastygrams aren't necessary.  Supervisors and home office don't answer emails and don't understand why MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  On and on. Supervisors that show some degree of being able to actually manage suddenly disappear.  Pathetic.  One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams never end and supervisors just don't get it. 

Negativity at SS - Depressed

[ In Reply To ..]
I know what you mean about all the nasty emails. The last few days I've had to force myself to go to work because the endless negative comments have completely dragged me down. The continual carping is lowering morale big time, but apparently putting a couple of cute cat pics at the top of the emails is supposed to make up for it. If things aren't more positive soon I'm going to check out some other companies. They certainly couldn't pay less than SS and I don't see how they could be any more annoying. I hope.

Agreed - and the

[ In Reply To ..]
threats of termination for line counts and audits are laughable.

Cutsie little pictures of any kind dont belong on work e-mails. - It is demeaning and unprofessional. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

SS Nasty Grams - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Why all the negatives? Do your job and no one bothers you. I understand about the nasty grams, they could be handled better, communication could be better, but I do the best I can with the work available. Some PMs could handle communication better and not be so nasty I admit that and they do PMO, but I ignore them work when I should even if I don't always make line count and they leave me alone. Stick to your schedule and check back during your shift(ok that's not fun), but if you worked outside you would have to sit there for 8 hours work or no work. I'll stay as long as I can because it is straight transcription and when it changes, I'll leave.

We all do what you're doing - SSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
That is, show up when you're supposed to, meet line counts when work is available, keep your head up and do your best in spite of what's going on around you with the threatening emails. What the other posters are saying is that it gets a person down. Sure, you can keep your job because the negative emails are just smoke and mirrors to distract us from the truth of our job situation, which is that SS is a company on the way out. Venting on this board can be a significant stress reliever which is what the other posters are doing.

Regarding checking back for work - Just Me

[ In Reply To ..]
If you worked outside you would be paid for sitting there for 8 hours waiting for work.

tell it to the owner - send copies of the emails. - anomymously or better yet, by all

[ In Reply To ..]
don't forget to mention it is out of concern for the company.

If the company is still run by the relatives of the original owner, I wouldn't bother. - Speaketh the Truth

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there years back and it was just as bad. Nasty, nasty and nasty. And no one in management could understand why there was such a high turnover. Besides the awful ESL and horrible platform, the nastiness of everyone you encountered there was not worth it. I would just look for another job rather than try and stir things up because I am sure mgmt are well aware of and encourage this sort of conduct.

JMHO, of course!

Of course management knows it - SSMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
and encourages it. SS is trying to force people out. It is easier to harrass and push them out than lay people off, less cost for the company. And when they force people out then they can hire new ones for less money. With each new generation of MTs they pay less. They definitely know what they're doing creating this turnover rate. I hope SS is enjoying the reputation they're building. And you know VR is coming, it's another way unscrupulous companies save money. Corporate greed, my friends.
oh. well, that's sad. abuse. must be the way they were - raised and all they undersand.
[ In Reply To ..]
good luck to all ss MTs.

SS nastiness - tarredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at SS as long as I could which wasn't even a few months. I have to say the negative e-mails from supervisors stunk and I thought were definitey overkill. You can motivate people so much more with positive reinforcement. It really was degrading the whole situation. They didn't seem to care about MTs feelings or wishes at all, often didn't answer my e-mails and seemed very disorganized, just a place that didn't give a crap about anybody really. Although Nuance was cheap, cheap they did seem more organized. It's shameful the way things are for MTs anymore. At this point I just wish I had chosen another profession. So discouraging.

Similar Messages:

Grams Percent
Apr 29, 2010

Here is the dictated sentence. Her anemia had improved to 10 grams percent. How would you type that? 10 g%. doesn't look right. I typed it just like above but need confirmation for future dictations. Thanks ...

Grams Or G??
Sep 25, 2010

Which is correct - no account specifics. ...

Grams And G, Liter And L
Sep 25, 2010

I was reading one of the posts below that discusses using "g" for gram/grams and using "L" for liter/liters. But I'm wondering because it really doesn't make a lot of sense.  Why do we use a little "g" for gram, but we use a capital "L" for liter? Anyone know? ...

Grams Per Meter Squared
Mar 22, 2011

Brain fart.... Im a CMT and I completely forgot the abbreviation (cannot use superscripts or subscripts).   Im doing a cardiology consult and I need to abbreviate the mass index of the left ventricle.  Help ASAP.  Thanks ...

_____ Oil 4 Grams Daily.
Dec 30, 2014

Hyperlipidemia/hypertriglyceridemia.  Triglycerides are higher on the Zetia.  He is also noticing side effects; therefore, Zetia was discontinued.  Discussed the correlation between the fish oil and prostate cancer.  We will switch to _____ oil 4 grams daily.  This word definitely starts with a C or a K and it is a short word, but I cannot figure out what other oil supplementation is used for hyperlipidemia.  Help please.   ...

Drug S/l Corvella 3 Grams Pt Has History Of Urinary Incontinence, DVT
Apr 01, 2012

x ...

OMG! LAST WEEK WITH N-NASTY!!
Aug 03, 2013

No more working every weekend, no more FIESA!, no more new accounts and then getting dinged for mistakes on new accounts.... best of alll no more weekends with my computer instead of with my family.... ...

Nasty Posts About QCs
Sep 28, 2013

It amazes me how nasty some people can be regarding QCs.  They make mistakes just like everyone else.  If they mark something incorrectly, I'm would be willing to bet that it is just a mistake.  Like the posting about S1-S2, do you really think that QC intentionally marked that wrong?  No, of course not, it was a mistake.  Those of you who are making such nasty remarks, are you perfect?  I don't think so.  Instead of complaining about the people who a ...

MT's Are Among Some Of The Most Nasty, Miserable...
Sep 30, 2013

People I've ever come across. Time after time on this board, I've seen people ask simple questions that only require simple answers. But it never fails that someone, and usually more than one person, has to add nastiness,  or rudeness in their answers. Some of you go out of your way to try to bring people down, make them feel bad, belittle them, etc. Will a little kindness kill you? I hate to think some of you act this way to people offline. But I guess it's the whole being b ...

Nasty -- Must Vent
Mar 29, 2014

Sniffling nose, like there are no tissues in a HOSPITAL.  And this is a woman dictator.  The women are not usually so gross.  Not like those nasty men with their huge sinuses which force the poor transcriptionist to listen to the snorts and snot gushing around.  GROSS!  Grab a damn tissue, will you?  And -- I typed her last week and she was still sniffling then. DRY IT UP!  And she wants to do surgery tomorrow. DOUBLE GROSS! ...

Nasty Dictator
Mar 14, 2015

Dear Dr. Phlegm, stop, PLEASE stop trying to "hock a loogie" while you are in the middle of the dictation.  That is freaking gross and I do not want to hear you trying to bring it up!  YUCK AND UGH!!! ...

Why Are There So Many Nasty People On This Board?
Dec 23, 2009

You ask a question, and instead of just answering it or ignoring it, people love to give smart aleck replices. Why are some people here so nasty? There are a lot of helpful and nice people here, of course. ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

Wow. What A Nasty Group Of People
Mar 20, 2014

xx ...

The Nasty N Word - Nuance
May 15, 2014

What do you dislike most about this company?  1.  Attitude toward MTs value in general reflected in low pay in particular.   ...

NJA + Nasty E-mails (warning Vent)
Nov 27, 2012

I understand that the MTSOs sign contracts and promise tight TATs, but when an account has had the dreaded NJA at multiple times of the day, then why send out an e-mail stating that we need to keep the account within the 24-hour turnaround or the company will hire even more people for the account.  The account cannot possibly be out of contract if there is no work available.  These e-mails just prove that the MTSOs overhire and don't give a damn about whether the current workers c ...

Anyone Else Not Replying To Nasty Emails? Vent
Jun 18, 2013

Rather than a "thank you" for spending a LOT of uncompensated time trying to locate a patient in their records with NO demographics, (no MRM, no spelling of name, no age given, no DOB) and a name that has MULTIPLE possible spellings I get a nasty note that it was in the system.  Where do these people get off paying us nothing and then bitching at us for taking all the additional time to create temporary demographics, email them with all the data, etc., per their protocol? I really think we ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

MTSOs - How You Deal With These Nasty, Witchy Managers?
Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.     ...

Yippee! More Threats Of Overstaffing From The Queen Of Nasty At OTI. Nm
Feb 24, 2013

x.x..x. ...

Watch Out For Nuance Nasty Board Trolls
Aug 04, 2013

an email recently for a "concerned" MLS - never, ever had that happen on this board until the posts went up about the DOJ, DOL and all the bogus "errors" the QCs are hitting us for.  Check out the posts saying "what do you mean bogus errors - can you be specific; I don't get it; what errors?"  What MLS working for Nuance does not understand what a "bogus error" by Indian QC is?  Work for Nuance for a nanosecond, and you know immediately  they dump on the MLS� ...

I Hate Transcend. Their Management Is Nasty And I Cannot Make Even $8.00 An Hour.
May 05, 2011

If you complain about this editing stuff you get told just be glad you have a mess or you would not have a job.  I had to retype a 15 minute editing job because the editor decided it was doing an exam for an obstetrics patient and it should have been for a neurosurgery patient.  How many times have you found a uterus in the brain?  I would not advise anyone to apply for their jobs.  You will just get treated like dirt and they do not care if you make any money or not.  ...

Softscript Line Count
May 17, 2012

Is anyone having trouble with Softscript line counts?  All of a sudden it is about half what it's been for the last year.  I've read of this problem there in the past but all was fine for so long and now I'm worried. ...

Cefazolin 2 Grams IV "PP"
May 14, 2015

On an operative report doc dictates, "Cafazolin 2 grams IV PP."  What is "PP"?  I can't find anything to help me out.  This is on an account that has strict abbreviations and acronyms expanded, so i need to know what it is.   ...

Regarding A September Thread About MTs Being "nasty, Miserable" People
Oct 07, 2013

Quote from your post: " MT's are among some of the most nasty, miserable... People I've ever come across."    I'm a little late to the party, but here's my 2 cents for the OP: You appear to be the kind of person who pulls 1 green M&M out of a bag and then assumes all M&Ms in that bag must be green.  There are nearly 100,000 MTs in the US, but only about 400 visit this board.  Do you see where I'm going with this, or do I have to ...

"Nasty Patsy" Is At It Again With Her E-mails
Apr 07, 2013

I would LOVE to be on the T  account on the weekends.  Give it to me or leave me out of these nasty emails!! ...

So They Audit "1 To 2 Percent" Of Our Lines...
Feb 03, 2015

to get an accurate measurement of any one MT's work!!!  This is true whether the MT ends up with 98% (failing and getting 8 cents or less per line) or 100% (getting top line rate. If you produce 10,000 lines per PP, that's only 100 to 200 lines out of ALL 10,000 lines!!!  And WORST OF ALL, having a range of lines they audit (1 to 2%) gives them the leeway to manipulate things even more.  For example, if they do 1% of your lines and your score is 100 ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

SoftScript Audit Changes
Jul 17, 2012

I received an email from my production manager this morning stating that all MTs will have audits done every pay period now. This makes me sad. The clients must be complaining about the quality of work. Does anyone know if this is company wide, or just for certain regions, or accounts? ...