A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HDSM and PC E-Mails - Sarah

Posted: Jan 10, 2014

I used to keep MModal e-mail open all day, but the e-mails have become so negative and downright nasty that I am only checking it now a few times a day.  It is a distraction and demoralizing and effects my work.  Anyone else?

E-mails - delete, delete, delete

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't open them at all! I delete them, but keep them in the trash where they belong and then if I happen to read something here that might pertain to one of the e-mails I rec'd, I go back into the trash (where they belong) and read it. I could care less. No matter what they say, I cannot do what they want any longer. I have jumped through so many hoops for this place, it is unreal. Instead of reading their demeaning lines of communication, I spend that time looking for another job and I am about out the door. Think when I leave, I will return all of those e-mails, marked "unread."

Don't let it bother you - Sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
Some of the emails sent are so unprofessional. So unprofessional that it seems the people writing them can't handle their jobs and lash out at us.

Don't let it bother you and don't take it to heart. We do the best we can with what we have....and what we have is not much. I don't give them the satisafaction of even replying.

What helps me when I get those - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
I tell myself over and over, "It's not about me."

One TSM I've worked for has a husband with cancer and another one has a child with learning disabilities. Not only do TSMs get blasted from all sides, they are human beings just like us with real-life things going on in their lives that some of us can't even understand. That doesn't give anyone the right to take it out on us, but sometimes knowing that they get pressure from all sides (employees, upper management AND the clients - as well as at home) and they're communicating from a place of fear, anger, and resentment, then it makes it easier to feel a little compassion and realize that those emails are "not about me."

Yes, put it in perspective, not that personal, its their job. nm - JJ

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I responsed once with.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"Please let me know when and if this applies to me," because I hate receiving the emails that are sent to all of the MTs, yet only apply to 1-2 people.

I do not like harsh and demeaning emails either. I think things should be handled a little more professionally. I do not like the threats about TAT, OT, working your schedule, compliance sheets, etc. I only had 1 directed specifically to me about changing my shift, and I bit right back. I refused to do it. Then I got a phone call. I was not insulting, but I did say that I was angry. I said, bottom line, this is the way it is. M*Modal can do whatever they have to do, and I will do what I have to do. Did not change my shift and never heard another word. I was prepared for the consequences either way.

I think if more of the MTs responded in kind to these types of things, it would not stop them but it certainly may reduce them or their tone.

You would think we were 10 years old. Now, only if they could make the different accounts specifics just as clear.

Sorry, I responded with..... - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
s

it's easy to edit messages here - public service announcement

[ In Reply To ..]
if you didn't create a password, you can request one and it comes right away.

Similar Messages:

What Does The HDSM Do?
Dec 10, 2014

Honestly, I'd like to know if anybody knows.  I know she doesn't answer the phone, and rarely answers emails.  She only rarely sends out the backlog emails.  So, what is her job? ...

I Used To Like My HDSM
Jan 08, 2015

Yes, I'm one of those rare people who used to like her HDSM.  When we changed to the POD system, the only thing that made me happy was that I kept her as my HDSM so I "knew I could talk to her."  Whenever I've had an issue, I was able to call her or email her and request a call, and she always called and we always smoothed over the issue.  That was then.  This is now.  Yes, I've talked to her (finally!!) and I left the conversation feeling good and like I ...

New HDSM SM
Mar 25, 2015

So, HDSM Says
Apr 03, 2015

down. Oh, but BTW, she will be gone Easter weekend. :D ...

HDSM
Apr 28, 2015

I have found out through the grapevine that my "HDSM" is out?.... What kind of "HDSM" doesn't send an email to her MT's letting them know whom to contact in her absence? Was I by chance the only one who didn't receive the email? My "HDSM" is BR. ...

Threats And The HDSM
May 08, 2014

Is anyone else as tired as I am of the HDSM who can never send out an e-mail that isn't ending in some sort of threat?  They can never come out and tell you the truth about anything (losing clients for example), but they sure can sling the threats.  I am so over it. ...

HDSM On PTO For A Week!!
Oct 04, 2014

Breathed a sigh of relief when I read that.  It is so nice to know I will get a week's vacation from the useless e-mails -- now if only the PCs would take some time off.  It would be such a huge relief to work through a week peacefully without holding my breath every time I hear the e-mail bing.  I imagine my line count might actually increase. ...

Question For HDSM
Feb 26, 2015

What is the purpose of sending out updates regarding available work throughout the day?  It is awfully frustrating and defeating to see that there is work in your group and then not receive any work from your group throughout the entire shift.  Please have the cojones to answer this question.  Thanks. ...

HDSM/TSA And MM Are REALLY Out Of Their Minds If
Apr 14, 2015

they expect someone to get up in the middle of the night to work an hour of OT.  (Same if you worked nights and were expected to get up and put in an hour dring the day).  That is just unreal and so very, very, very WRONG!!!!  Just what is going on!!  I remember when they screamed if you had 5 minutes of OT on your time card.  ...

The HDSM Who Cried Wolf
Oct 17, 2014

Says there are almost 300 jobs, asks for people to work OT all weekend -- and then bam 10 minutes later I run out of work.  It just goes from bad to worse here. ...

I Know How You All Feel Now About Having A Silent HDSM.
Oct 20, 2014

Back in August my very awesome HDSM was let go suddenly and our group was merged with another group.  My new HDSM seems to only send out vague backlogs (a single number for her entire BOB, which means nothing to me) and constantly seems to ask for OT whether it seems we need it or not (this weekend it was 10 minutes before I ran out of work, and I get everything in her BOB).  Anyway, whenever I try emailing her about something, I rarely, if ever, get a response.  It's quite f ...

GEM Award?? Really? I Cant Think Of A Single PC TSA Or HDSM
May 18, 2015

puh-lease!!!  ...

We Had A Conference Call With Our HDSM Today...
Oct 22, 2014

...to announce she (KK) has been promoted to a team scheduling type of position at MM starting early next month and another HDSM by the initials of KM will be taking over for KK. According to KK, KM is really nice and there are other MTs who are excited that she is taking over for KK.  Whatever.  I've only been with MM for 8 months so it's not going to rattle my world all that much.  KK was nice and I will miss her, so only time will tell if KM is as nice as KK says she ...

Don't Know Why HDSM Would Send Stupid Message About Flex Time, With All This MOT -
Mar 26, 2015

What schedule!?! ...

Anyone Getting MQ E-mails?
Jan 24, 2011

I haven't gotten an e-mail from MQ for a week.  Anyone else hear from them lately?  ...

E Mails
Apr 09, 2013

Is anyone else having problems sending e mails to their supervisors, whatever? No work, now I cant even get my e mails through. I am very upset by all of this. ...

Misunderstood In E-mails
Sep 23, 2010

Hi everyone:)  Have you ever felt that your e-mails were completely misunderstood by a supervisor?  Recently, I sent an e-mail explaining myself about something that came up, but the answer I received was totally the opposite of what I had tried to explain, and I just sat here shaking my head, and thinking "what just happened."  It made me look like I had deliberately said something that was untrue and tried to cover myself, which was not what I meant to do.  Rather, I was tr ...

E-mails From Companies...
Jan 26, 2011

happen?  Not that I want any mind you, but sometimes I see that someone mentions they got an E-mail from so-and-so (company).  How did they get your E-mail address?  Are you on some other board or have a resume' out there or something?  I am only curious, like I stated, as I am not so sure I would want to be solicited from a company in my E-mail. ...

Keep Getting E-mails From Spectramedi
Aug 20, 2011

I keep getting e-mails from spectramedi.  I looked at the posts in the archives and there is no good thing about them in there.  I was just wondering if it was worth taking the test. TIA ...

India E-mails
Mar 27, 2012

In reviewing an e-mail to the worldwide team yesterday, they were asked why they were not responding to stat requests. They responded it would be taken care of, and signed off, "Cheers, and let us chill." REALLY????? ...

TTD -Has Amy Answered E-mails
Aug 23, 2012

I think I know the answer to this, but must ask anyway.  Has anyone gotten a response from Amy in the last week.  I responded to her e-mail about checks being re-issued and did not get a reply.  Has anyone received a check i.e. re-issued check?  ty ...

Training E-Mails, Oy Vey
Jun 30, 2013

Just checked and had 22 of them, continuing education, all voluntary and non-compensated?? WTF!?  Yeah, I'll view when I get a chance, sure..... ...

S.O.S. E-mails On Weekends
Dec 15, 2013

Why are we always expected to work extra and catch up on overdue work on the weekends that builds up because there's not enough coverage? Here's an idea:  schedule and/or hire the appropriate number of MTs to cover those two days instead of asking us to make it all better when the weekend panic mode sets in, which is every single weekend lately.  Of course in order to attract weekenders, that would entail actually paying a living wage a ...

Phantom E-mails!
Jan 20, 2014

right board? ...

What The Heck Are All These Ticket E-mails About?
Aug 10, 2010

You have to do the QCare thing when you get NJA.  Then, they send you a ticket number.  Great.  What do you do with the stupid ticket number?  Are you entered in a drawing?  Do they pick random ticket numbers and award the winner some work? Then, days later, you get another e-mail saying it is resolved? What the heck is that about?  Who resolved what?  Did the QCare staff magically send me work?  Do they get some award off of my ticket number for the fast ...

Do You Get Endless E Mails From Your Company All Day?
Oct 08, 2010

It really gets ridiculous.  Some are important and MANY are not.  Some are ridiculous.  You have to read through them all in case there is something important there.  As for the remainder, I wish they would just write 1 e mail at the end of the day covering all the garbage that does not even apply to everyone.  I hold my tongue (or replies) to the rude e mails that are chastizing to just a few MTs, but are sent to everyone.  I wonder how they would like it if ...

Supervisor Ignores My E-mails??
May 11, 2012

I am new to this MTSO so I have occasional questions and have directed them to my supervisor.  Some get answered, many get ignored.  I have asked some more than once.  How frustrating.  I'm not sure how to take this.  I would think it would be to her advantage to answer them as it refers to formatting, etc.  Maybe I should ignore her requests to work extra hours?  How would you handle this?  It really makes me wonder about this company. ...

TTD, Your Recent E-mails Are Quite Comical
Jul 03, 2012

Hey TTD, your recent e-mails are quite comical.  You send out e-mails basically threatening your MTs.  Maybe if you want MTs to work for you and hop on at any time when you need them, you should pay them more than 0.03 per line!  Your pay is laughable and so are your e-mails. ...

Softscript - You Get Threatening E-mails
Oct 25, 2012

Don't you just love how you get threatening e-mails wanting you to work more as clients are unhappy because their work is not getting back in a timely fashion.  Where was this concern when we were running out of work on a daily basis and were expected to just sit and wait for work.  There was no loyalty to their employees and so many quit, as they were tired of waiting and NO MONEY, and now they do not have enough employees for the work they have now.  But, what happens when this work go ...

Got 3 E Mails That Say All Areas Need Urgent Help
Nov 23, 2013

All of a sudden there is lots of work. What is up with that? they lay off people because not enough work and now work is overflowing. ...