A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why are there so many nasty people on this board? - me

Posted: Dec 23, 2009

You ask a question, and instead of just answering it or ignoring it, people love to give smart aleck replices. Why are some people here so nasty?

There are a lot of helpful and nice people here, of course.

Its just the anonymous nature of internet forums. - Most would not be so nasty in person. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Yes. Anonymity allows poor character off the leash. NM - MissIndigo

[ In Reply To ..]
x

we are not so "anonymous" on this board. Maybe toward the other...sm - ?

[ In Reply To ..]
posters, but the owner, administration and moderators of this board know who we are, they have our name, our address and the IP of our computer.

I don't care so much about nastiness - J

[ In Reply To ..]
It's all the bellyaching and negativity I hate. Most MTs seem bitter with nothing good to say about their job. I don't come to this forum any more except every now and then to look at jobs.
Coming here makes me appreciate - how good I have it
[ In Reply To ..]
But god forbid you say you're happy. You are pounced on for gloating, lying, or being stupid enough to be okay with it. Or worse.... being a SUIT!

Overall I like this site and it is a daily visit. I have been helped and educated... and frequently amused.

LOL We do not have your name and address. NM - Moderator

[ In Reply To ..]
Why "lol?" I do not understand? How can you say that you do not have...sm - name & address
[ In Reply To ..]
our names? You have our email addresses, so you have our names. You have also our IP numbers which are a lead to our addresses.
lol reasoning - cartographer
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't put my real name on the throw-away email account that I use to post on forums, so this site only has two initials to "identify" me. Are they my real initials? Who knows, who cares. I suggest everyone who posts on Internet message boards do the same. Never use your "real" email address or name.

IP numbers identify the company that provides your internet service, not any personally identifiable information, and certainly not our actual physical home addresses. The only way a site CAN get personally identifiable information from an ISP is with a court order after showing just cause.

Another FYI about ISP's. An ISP that services a huge city may also service the smaller outlying areas, so an ISP might say someone is being serviced in Dallas when they actually live 200 miles away.

Oh... and I can change my IP address myself, at my discretion, in about three minutes from my own computer.
This is posted on your site when we have to ...sm - name
[ In Reply To ..]
validate our emails address:

"We would never reveal your E-mail address or post details to ANYONE unless required to by a court of law."

What do you mean by "details?"

Your post - MT55

[ In Reply To ..]
It is really not "nastiness" in general rather the same questions OVER and OVER -- words, companies, tech questions, so on and so forth -- granted this board has "changed format" recently; however, google is a tool that you can look and find almost every answer to -- again, words, tech help etc -- I have read posts on the word board and we have "other MTs GUESSING" leave a blank -- right now, 30 years plus and my docs whom are English speaking or light ESL are acting like mush mouths -- Christmas and the end of the year

Google. . . really, you need to post that info? :-) - MT who knows

[ In Reply To ..]
How to use Google, really? :-) Isn't that obvious as in "Mr. Obvious?" :-) Merry Christmas!

not near as bad as thegreatdictator.com reallllly badddddd - darlene

[ In Reply To ..]
It is incredibly bad, it just keeps getting worse and worse the hatefull attitude. Just hate going there to give help to posters questions of help.

Similar Messages:

Wow. What A Nasty Group Of People
Mar 20, 2014

xx ...

Watch Out For Nuance Nasty Board Trolls
Aug 04, 2013

an email recently for a "concerned" MLS - never, ever had that happen on this board until the posts went up about the DOJ, DOL and all the bogus "errors" the QCs are hitting us for.  Check out the posts saying "what do you mean bogus errors - can you be specific; I don't get it; what errors?"  What MLS working for Nuance does not understand what a "bogus error" by Indian QC is?  Work for Nuance for a nanosecond, and you know immediately  they dump on the MLS� ...

Regarding A September Thread About MTs Being "nasty, Miserable" People
Oct 07, 2013

Quote from your post: " MT's are among some of the most nasty, miserable... People I've ever come across."    I'm a little late to the party, but here's my 2 cents for the OP: You appear to be the kind of person who pulls 1 green M&M out of a bag and then assumes all M&Ms in that bag must be green.  There are nearly 100,000 MTs in the US, but only about 400 visit this board.  Do you see where I'm going with this, or do I have to ...

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

Why Do People Spend Time On This Board...
Mar 04, 2010

when you don't work for the "Q" ? Why do you care what is going on here?  I'm just curious.  ...

Have Any Of You Nice People Read Anything On This Board?
Aug 29, 2014

These things you are asking about? This is Nuance. Adapt or die trying, those are your choices. Sorry, wish I could be more encouraging.   ...

Is There A List Somewhere On Synernet Message Board That Has The Names Of The People Who Are The Tea
Mar 05, 2014

I was wondering for people who have been at Synernet for a while, is there a list of the team leads for each shift posted somewhere?  I find it odd that they hire people, but then never tell anyone who was hired for the position.  Aren't team leads there to help if someone should have a question ?  I just felt it was odd.  ...

OMG! LAST WEEK WITH N-NASTY!!
Aug 03, 2013

No more working every weekend, no more FIESA!, no more new accounts and then getting dinged for mistakes on new accounts.... best of alll no more weekends with my computer instead of with my family.... ...

Nasty Posts About QCs
Sep 28, 2013

It amazes me how nasty some people can be regarding QCs.  They make mistakes just like everyone else.  If they mark something incorrectly, I'm would be willing to bet that it is just a mistake.  Like the posting about S1-S2, do you really think that QC intentionally marked that wrong?  No, of course not, it was a mistake.  Those of you who are making such nasty remarks, are you perfect?  I don't think so.  Instead of complaining about the people who a ...

MT's Are Among Some Of The Most Nasty, Miserable...
Sep 30, 2013

People I've ever come across. Time after time on this board, I've seen people ask simple questions that only require simple answers. But it never fails that someone, and usually more than one person, has to add nastiness,  or rudeness in their answers. Some of you go out of your way to try to bring people down, make them feel bad, belittle them, etc. Will a little kindness kill you? I hate to think some of you act this way to people offline. But I guess it's the whole being b ...

Nasty -- Must Vent
Mar 29, 2014

Sniffling nose, like there are no tissues in a HOSPITAL.  And this is a woman dictator.  The women are not usually so gross.  Not like those nasty men with their huge sinuses which force the poor transcriptionist to listen to the snorts and snot gushing around.  GROSS!  Grab a damn tissue, will you?  And -- I typed her last week and she was still sniffling then. DRY IT UP!  And she wants to do surgery tomorrow. DOUBLE GROSS! ...

Nasty Dictator
Mar 14, 2015

Dear Dr. Phlegm, stop, PLEASE stop trying to "hock a loogie" while you are in the middle of the dictation.  That is freaking gross and I do not want to hear you trying to bring it up!  YUCK AND UGH!!! ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

The Nasty N Word - Nuance
May 15, 2014

What do you dislike most about this company?  1.  Attitude toward MTs value in general reflected in low pay in particular.   ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

NJA + Nasty E-mails (warning Vent)
Nov 27, 2012

I understand that the MTSOs sign contracts and promise tight TATs, but when an account has had the dreaded NJA at multiple times of the day, then why send out an e-mail stating that we need to keep the account within the 24-hour turnaround or the company will hire even more people for the account.  The account cannot possibly be out of contract if there is no work available.  These e-mails just prove that the MTSOs overhire and don't give a damn about whether the current workers c ...

Anyone Else Not Replying To Nasty Emails? Vent
Jun 18, 2013

Rather than a "thank you" for spending a LOT of uncompensated time trying to locate a patient in their records with NO demographics, (no MRM, no spelling of name, no age given, no DOB) and a name that has MULTIPLE possible spellings I get a nasty note that it was in the system.  Where do these people get off paying us nothing and then bitching at us for taking all the additional time to create temporary demographics, email them with all the data, etc., per their protocol? I really think we ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

MTSOs - How You Deal With These Nasty, Witchy Managers?
Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.     ...

Yippee! More Threats Of Overstaffing From The Queen Of Nasty At OTI. Nm
Feb 24, 2013

x.x..x. ...

I Hate Transcend. Their Management Is Nasty And I Cannot Make Even $8.00 An Hour.
May 05, 2011

If you complain about this editing stuff you get told just be glad you have a mess or you would not have a job.  I had to retype a 15 minute editing job because the editor decided it was doing an exam for an obstetrics patient and it should have been for a neurosurgery patient.  How many times have you found a uterus in the brain?  I would not advise anyone to apply for their jobs.  You will just get treated like dirt and they do not care if you make any money or not.  ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

"Nasty Patsy" Is At It Again With Her E-mails
Apr 07, 2013

I would LOVE to be on the T  account on the weekends.  Give it to me or leave me out of these nasty emails!! ...

Capitalization - Is It.. Board Certified Or Board Certified ?
Mar 08, 2011

is it.. Board Certified or board certified ? ...

MDI-MD VR People Here?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm curious.  Any MTs willing to discuss how they like Escription and are working for MDI-MD/Transcend?  ...

DId MDI P.r.n. People Get A Pay Cut Too? Nm
Nov 24, 2009

s ...

MQ People
Sep 10, 2010

I usually come to this forum for good, solid, BRUTALLY HONEST opinon and help.  I have seen this field deteriorate over the years and got to wondering if the suits at MQ have any idea how long some of us have done this work and how poorly they are treating highly qualified, experiences MTs.  I am very curious to see how many years of experience we have.  I personally have 28 years experience and for the past 3 years have not brought in more than 20K.   When I used ...