A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone else not replying to nasty emails? Vent - Rose

Posted: Jun 18, 2013

Rather than a "thank you" for spending a LOT of uncompensated time trying to locate a patient in their records with NO demographics, (no MRM, no spelling of name, no age given, no DOB) and a name that has MULTIPLE possible spellings I get a nasty note that it was in the system.  Where do these people get off paying us nothing and then bitching at us for taking all the additional time to create temporary demographics, email them with all the data, etc., per their protocol?

I really think we are better off just not even responding to this type of mismanagement, rather just file the emails away in a folder for the right time to sue for minimum wage, unemployment, payment toward taxes, etc.  They are not worth our time.  

I fortunately get few but do reply, acting pleasant, - but letting them know how good I am. :) sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You know, there are a lot of slugs and resentful, disaffected people out there. Many of the worst have been hustled out of the industry, but I imagine they must see a lot of the worst, all day long, and get very aggravated and dumped on themselves. I've actually specifically been thanked--twice, by different people--for being nice. I was very surprised both times, and it really made me wonder.

That's how nomally handle these emails, but ... - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes it just catches up with me. Fortunately it does not happen often.

I set up a folder years ago for such emails - But thats just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes ya just gotta let people without brains have a place to hang out. I move the nasty gram to that folder that I named "corrections." It really has helped me to NOT hit the reply button and vent on them. But keeping them gives me something to look back on to check for patterns or documentation in case I need it. You can't control other people; you can only control your response to other people.

I save everything in a folder too. (sm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. Also cut & paste anything thing I may need to refer to in a Word doc so I can easily search it.

Exactamundo! - Exactamundo!

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactamundo! Ignorant low-level and high-level managers warrant no response and do warrant litigation.

I get nasty ones from my TSM in the - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
North all of the time. She only replies to my e-mails when it benefits her. I think I am going to start ignoring her nasty e-mails. I am losing too much sleep over her nastiness.

Similar Messages:

Nasty -- Must Vent
Mar 29, 2014

Sniffling nose, like there are no tissues in a HOSPITAL.  And this is a woman dictator.  The women are not usually so gross.  Not like those nasty men with their huge sinuses which force the poor transcriptionist to listen to the snorts and snot gushing around.  GROSS!  Grab a damn tissue, will you?  And -- I typed her last week and she was still sniffling then. DRY IT UP!  And she wants to do surgery tomorrow. DOUBLE GROSS! ...

NJA + Nasty E-mails (warning Vent)
Nov 27, 2012

I understand that the MTSOs sign contracts and promise tight TATs, but when an account has had the dreaded NJA at multiple times of the day, then why send out an e-mail stating that we need to keep the account within the 24-hour turnaround or the company will hire even more people for the account.  The account cannot possibly be out of contract if there is no work available.  These e-mails just prove that the MTSOs overhire and don't give a damn about whether the current workers c ...

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Replying By Email?
Aug 11, 2010

I just tried to reply to one of the job ads here and the attempt was immediately rejected, so I went ahead and sent directly from my email addy instead. Anyone else had this problem? ...

Imedx Email - New One - Chastising Managers For Replying To All.
Dec 04, 2014

I'm just a lowly MT ...

Just A Quick Reminder, Please Remember That Replying To Any Email In The Account With Which
Jan 06, 2015

...traceable path right back to your computer. Nuance can and has routinely blocked many people from further access to this board, which means you would have to use another device, a public library computer, cell phone etc. I know of people to disappear from the company altogether too.  Remember, they are software geeks at heart and can accomplish savage deeds. And to the grouch that always tells us to post something new? Some messages are worth repeating time and time again, because new ...

OMG! LAST WEEK WITH N-NASTY!!
Aug 03, 2013

No more working every weekend, no more FIESA!, no more new accounts and then getting dinged for mistakes on new accounts.... best of alll no more weekends with my computer instead of with my family.... ...

Nasty Posts About QCs
Sep 28, 2013

It amazes me how nasty some people can be regarding QCs.  They make mistakes just like everyone else.  If they mark something incorrectly, I'm would be willing to bet that it is just a mistake.  Like the posting about S1-S2, do you really think that QC intentionally marked that wrong?  No, of course not, it was a mistake.  Those of you who are making such nasty remarks, are you perfect?  I don't think so.  Instead of complaining about the people who a ...

MT's Are Among Some Of The Most Nasty, Miserable...
Sep 30, 2013

People I've ever come across. Time after time on this board, I've seen people ask simple questions that only require simple answers. But it never fails that someone, and usually more than one person, has to add nastiness,  or rudeness in their answers. Some of you go out of your way to try to bring people down, make them feel bad, belittle them, etc. Will a little kindness kill you? I hate to think some of you act this way to people offline. But I guess it's the whole being b ...

Nasty Dictator
Mar 14, 2015

Dear Dr. Phlegm, stop, PLEASE stop trying to "hock a loogie" while you are in the middle of the dictation.  That is freaking gross and I do not want to hear you trying to bring it up!  YUCK AND UGH!!! ...

Why Are There So Many Nasty People On This Board?
Dec 23, 2009

You ask a question, and instead of just answering it or ignoring it, people love to give smart aleck replices. Why are some people here so nasty? There are a lot of helpful and nice people here, of course. ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

Wow. What A Nasty Group Of People
Mar 20, 2014

xx ...

The Nasty N Word - Nuance
May 15, 2014

What do you dislike most about this company?  1.  Attitude toward MTs value in general reflected in low pay in particular.   ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

MTSOs - How You Deal With These Nasty, Witchy Managers?
Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.     ...

Yippee! More Threats Of Overstaffing From The Queen Of Nasty At OTI. Nm
Feb 24, 2013

x.x..x. ...

Watch Out For Nuance Nasty Board Trolls
Aug 04, 2013

an email recently for a "concerned" MLS - never, ever had that happen on this board until the posts went up about the DOJ, DOL and all the bogus "errors" the QCs are hitting us for.  Check out the posts saying "what do you mean bogus errors - can you be specific; I don't get it; what errors?"  What MLS working for Nuance does not understand what a "bogus error" by Indian QC is?  Work for Nuance for a nanosecond, and you know immediately  they dump on the MLS� ...

I Hate Transcend. Their Management Is Nasty And I Cannot Make Even $8.00 An Hour.
May 05, 2011

If you complain about this editing stuff you get told just be glad you have a mess or you would not have a job.  I had to retype a 15 minute editing job because the editor decided it was doing an exam for an obstetrics patient and it should have been for a neurosurgery patient.  How many times have you found a uterus in the brain?  I would not advise anyone to apply for their jobs.  You will just get treated like dirt and they do not care if you make any money or not.  ...

Regarding A September Thread About MTs Being "nasty, Miserable" People
Oct 07, 2013

Quote from your post: " MT's are among some of the most nasty, miserable... People I've ever come across."    I'm a little late to the party, but here's my 2 cents for the OP: You appear to be the kind of person who pulls 1 green M&M out of a bag and then assumes all M&Ms in that bag must be green.  There are nearly 100,000 MTs in the US, but only about 400 visit this board.  Do you see where I'm going with this, or do I have to ...

"Nasty Patsy" Is At It Again With Her E-mails
Apr 07, 2013

I would LOVE to be on the T  account on the weekends.  Give it to me or leave me out of these nasty emails!! ...

Have To Vent About A PA
Oct 19, 2009

I have an ARNP doing a radiation follow up.  She dictates "33 fractions of 5040 GRAY" and then goes on to say "that's small c, capital G, small y."  She has done this a number of times over a number of reports.  I'm just shaking my head.   ...

VR Vent!!
Oct 20, 2009

I just spent the last few hours pretty much completely re-typing garbage VR!  I am so sick of this!  Especially after we just got our rate cut significantly.  Why can't they provide a good VR platform??!! I just worked my butt off for nothing! ...

Just A Vent....
Dec 07, 2009

Someone ought to take these ESL doctors and torture them like they torture us with their unbelievably horrible English speaking skills! We should not be told we're jeopardizing patient care - it's the ESL doctors.  I've never had an ESL doctor and I'd refuse to be treated by one who can't speak clearly or speak a complete sentence. Jerks! ...

I Have To Vent (even Though There's Nothing To Be Done) Sm
Jan 07, 2010

I've been doing this a long time, and I know how oblivious doctors are to anything approaching being polite when they dictate.  I've heard them in the bathroom, I've heard them yelling at their kids, talking on the phone, listening to football games on TV while dictating, etc.  We all have.  But there's this one foreign female doctor on the account I regularly transcribe who drives me UP the wall.  She apparently thinks dictation time is time to eat.  ...

Just Want To Vent
Mar 07, 2010

I hate being on QA hold.  I just started a new job and no matter where I've worked through the years, QA always seem to be the same!  It's never consistent.  I'm marked off for one thing by one QA and then not for the same thing by another!  Am I supposed to do that or not? I'm trying to learn this account and being 2 different things on one subject is confusing to say the least! ...

Just A Vent For ASR
Jul 17, 2010

Wow, if E-scription is such a wonderful ASR platform, I feel sorry for us all becuase I have had to change at least 1-2 words per line on E-scription today, WHENEVER I actually had work, that is.  This whole thing is getting worse and worse all the time, and for such horrible cpl rates that I can't even stand this after 36 years.  If the doctors and all the big muckity mucks had even the SLIGHTEST clue.  Gladly change places for one report with them.  Thanks I needed t ...

ESL Vent
Nov 01, 2010

Ugh, I am getting so frustrated with this ESL doc.  He says these doctors' names and I cannot understand him and I don't even know if he's pronouncing them correctly.  I search through all the doctors' names that start with the letter that it sounds like he saying to try to find one that might match how he is pronouncing it.  It's taking so much time.  If I find a name that comes close enough to what he is saying, I will use that.  Other times I ...

Just An ESL Vent
Nov 06, 2010

Just need to vent and complain a little about the annoying way this ESL dictates...it's really getting on my nerves.   He constantly says things like: Heart sounds "is" regular.  Medications "is" reviewed.  Lungs "is" clear.  Always combining plurals with singulars.  Then there's the: There is "a" pitting edema...  And no, he's not saying "ah", it is clearly an "a."  There is "a" mitral regurgitation...  Finally, I can tell he's re ...