A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TO NUANCE MANAGERS: - SICK OF THIS PLACE

Posted: Feb 16, 2015

If any TSMs, Regional Managers or executives are reading posts on this site, I don't know how you sleep at night!  We, as MLS', know exactly what is going on, even though you think we are stupid.  The only reason you have implemented the "Patient Safety Compensation Plan" is to pay us less so Nuance can make more money, it has nothing to do with patient safety, it is corporate greed so STOP all the lies!!!

Also, please save all the crap at the end of the "updates" that continue to say how much you appreciate us, it just irritates us even more and I for one want to sign off immediately.  If we were truly appreciated, it would be reflected in our pay and our PTO.  I also love how the managers have a "corporate holiday" yet we must use our own PTO for any holiday and the accural rate is ridiculous!  None of us can actually take a vacation, not to mention if we are sick - OMG we are totally screwed.  I'm waiting for you to show up and insert a chip into my body so you can track my every move!

If Nuance treated us like people with real lives and actually valued us, I'm sure most of us would bend over backward to work more and help out whenever necessary but since that is not the case, you will get what you pay for. 

My biggest issue with Nuance is the fact that so much work is being shipped overseas taking all the work from the American MLS'!!!  I think it should be illegal, it's definitely immoral and disgusting!!!! I wish the Federal Government would step in and shut it down.  I know what we get paid here so I'm sure those poor people get even less to allow the execs to become millionaires. How proud you must feel!

I'm done with my rant and I know nothing will change but it makes me feel better to let you know we don't believe anything you say so stop pretending you care!! 

PATIENT SAFETY - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If patient safety were really important to Scruance and their clients, someone would get after the dictators and insist that they stop dictating on cellphones and start speaking in a clear, coherent fashion. More errors are made from misunderstanding them than anything else! It's so nice to be punished while doing our job. If we can't understand some pompous jerk who doesn't know how to speak, we get penalized with QC percentages. Nice.

Furthermore, why should we take classes on how to *understand* how an ESL butchers English. That is the absolute height of preposterousness in my view! They should not be allowed to dictate until they master the English language and can string together at least one coherent thought in a sentence.

Patient Safety - Classes

[ In Reply To ..]
Once upon a time when I worked for Spheris, they wanted to do the same thing. Learn how to understand the ESLs. They used to send out lists and lists of things for us to use while transcribing. Like that is going to happen. I thought is was beyond absurd at that time and now this joke of a company wants to do the same thing! Wow, stupidity runs rampant with these companies. Way to go Corporate. You are all such jerks!

Right on! - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Doctors are "Gods" and Nuance does not care what we have to go through but they are sure ready to bust us if we cannot hear or understand them! They will never tell any physician to stop using their cellphones or speaker phones. It's all up to us to make them sound like they know what they are talking about.

Nuance Managers, - Also known as The Devil

[ In Reply To ..]
Your post was 100% right on and I couldn't agree more. I actually wrote a similar letter to corporate Nuance at one point, also stating I would not take a position with them, because of what I read on MTStars. Again, don't know who read it, if anyone, I am sure they get mail all the time, or e-mails, but like you I had to vent.

I hate to see what has become of being an MT, but my best advise is to quit these places and move on. I know there are a lot of MTs out there that put up with the abuse, low pay, horrible ESLs etc. and wouldn't leave for anything, but if the majority of you left, it would have an impact and tell them why, tell them like it is and quit. That is what I did with M*Modal when I just couldn't take one more second of that place. Talk about devils! Worse!!!

Nuance blues - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Listen my sisters -- no one takes advantage of us without our permission. I have worked for nuance and complaining will only make things worse. Quit. If you can't then ask yourself why you need to play the victim.

We are ALL victims - We were

[ In Reply To ..]
lied to from the beginning about pay, schedules, benefits, etc. or I would not have accepted this job and I'm sure others feel the same way. I am looking for another job and will definitely quit as soon as I find something but others may not have that option since they live in rural areas where there is not a lot of opportunity. Must be nice if you can afford to quit but many cannot and Nuance knows that, we are held hostage!

Victims - SuziQ

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it is a sad day, when you have to stay at such a horrible job because there is nothing out there. I do believe that is the case for many MTs, either due to geography, age, physical limitations, etc. I have been down the road of working for these companies and did manage to find a decent MT job, but I am an IC; it was that or stay at Nuance or M*Modal and suffer. It was horrible and it took me a year to get back on my feet and now I am still looking to get out of MT altogether, and not having much luck, unless I want to work for $8.85 to $10 an hour which I can do at home. These companies should be held accountable for the "lies" they spew, but they aren't; they should be accountable for the horrid QA rules and all that Book of Style garbage. They should treat us decently and pay us decently, but they don't; I hope they all burn! Good luck to all of us.
New to transcription - What does IC mean?
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks!
IC = Independent Contractor - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

The only way you win is to leave en masse. - adiosamigos

[ In Reply To ..]
Find a way to get out and don't give notice. No work force, no income.

They only speak pocketbook.

EBAY? - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been meaning to start selling on EBAY, but procrastinating. Maybe current Nuancers who can't find another job can make the same amount of money from EBAY and thus leave en masse. Down with Nuance. Ha, ha. Let all the jobs go to India including the difficult jobs and have them get in trouble with patients and get sued.

Sick of the BS - Fool

[ In Reply To ..]
Bingo! I have discouraged countless folks from going into this "profession," a profession where we are expected to have MD, MD/PhD, Pharm D, and DDS/MD behind our names for a minimum wage job.

As a former manager - Truth

[ In Reply To ..]
who has been laid off, I can tell you that the TSMs, managers, etc, don't necessarily agree with upper management. Only a select few are in on policy making. The rest just have to follow along and try to sound positive.

So, managers get pink slips while MLS get no work or fired? sm - Undead

[ In Reply To ..]
Something is very wrong with that picture. I have not seen any MLS post that she/he has been laid off. Maybe I missed it.

I do believe you that most of the TSMs are just following a script, particularly when we receive the generic emails they send out. Some of them cannot seem to string a sentence together actually. LOL

Similar Messages:

Nuance Only Pays Their Middle Managers Well
Jun 13, 2014

I personally know someone who works as a middle manager for Nuance, makes well over 50,000 and has had constant raises since being hired.  From what she tells me she is very effective, but even the other middle managers who are not at all effective with huge make up costs and teams who fail audits constantly do not get terminated.  Plus, they do not have to be MTs.  They just sit in their home office and write rah rah emails to their team to keep them going and make sure they cove ...

Nuance Managers And Support Team Question
May 29, 2014

A clusterf%!@* has been created by the management team.  Are they held responsible for MTs leaving the company or running out of work?  How about the rest of the management?  If team leaders can't answer questions, are they held accountable?  What about different dings from QA that conflict. Are the MTs the only people at Nuance that undergo QA? ...

Operations Managers
Jun 20, 2012

Have any of you ever had an issue with a current Operations Manager at MModal? ...

MTSO Managers
Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone have a decent one?  I'm looking around for a new job but don't know if they'd be any better anywhere else.  Just can't take these nasty people anymore..  Too old and sick to take it any more.  :p  You don't have to name your company, of course, just wondering if there are any good managers and places to work out there? Thanks. :) ...

Heard From Managers?
Mar 10, 2014

Just curious, with this bankruptcy issue going on, has anyone heard much from their "service managers" lately?  Mine has been much quieter lately compared to usual.   ...

To NUisANCE Managers
May 17, 2014

If you monitor this board, then you surely have a modicum of an idea of how unhappy we MTs are with your so-called management.  "Exciting News" doesn't cut it.  FIESA (a.k.a. FIASCO) is only something to demoralize and demean us.  The Link is a waste of time.  MT Week and its games, etc., is meaningless.  When are you going to do the right thing and take note of what we've been saying to you all along?  When people just don't care any more, when they ...

How Did They Decide Which Managers To Let Go?
Oct 25, 2014

Mine was let go.  She seemed very efficient and nice.  Do they decide by how many years you are employed by MM? ...

Managers In Meeting
Nov 18, 2014

Several of the managers I have on my IM have statuses saying they're in a meeting.  Not sure if this is just their regular monthly meetings with the COM or if this has something to do with the new compensation plan or whatever.  Anyone else have managers in meetings all morning?   ...

What Is The Point Of Having So Many Managers??
Jan 20, 2015

What happened to the 1 "manager" that you could call, email and ask a simple question and get a simple answer??? ...

TT Managers Are Appreciated (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I have had only good experiences with TT account managers.  They have always answered my emails promptly and been very willing to be flexible with my scheduliing.   AD has always taken the time to make personal phone calls to MTs when more info is needed or something didn't go through the system, to make sure they get paid on time.   I'm sure they share our stress over the accounts going to EPIC.  I just wanted them to know they are appreciated for all their hard wo ...

SoftScript - How It Is To Work With Managers, Etc.
Jan 06, 2011

I was just offered a position at SS a couple days ago, but my experience with the recruiter was less than inviting.  She was rude and very impersonal.  If I were a company, I would want the first impression to be a great one.  I accepted the position, but I'm really not sure I want to work there, if this is how you're treated BEFORE you're an employee.  Anyone know how it is to work with managers, etc. or anything else about SS? ...

Do The Account Managers At WMX Still Report To
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

What Has Become Of All The DSG People And Account Managers
Sep 03, 2012

since buyout to MM.  Just wondering. ...

Let's Be Clear About Hands-on Managers
Oct 13, 2012

http://forum.mtstars.com/434118.html They are a significant part of the problem.  Along with upper levels they possess no ethics and apparently also lack cartilaginous tissue in the C-T-L spines to stand up and say they have ethics and will not go along with the unethical/illegal BS upper level suggests/dictates to them.  They have a choice and choose wrong.  They could stand together in numbers and say NO.  You think upper level is going to find enough people to replace ...

Question For MTSO Managers.....
Jul 13, 2014

How would you feel if your superior/boss/CEO emailed you and stated there is nothing for you to do this week, so you won't be getting paid; HOWEVER, you must be available in case there is work, so make sure you sit there by the phone so we can call you if we need you and you better be available IMMEDIATELY. We expect work to be available next week and you can just cram in 80 hrs to make up for the lost week of work. How does that sound? What the hell is wrong with these companies promisin ...

The Axe Is Falling On Middle Managers?
Jan 08, 2015

I just read a rather crypic e-mail which indicates this is the case, though no clear reason was given as to why.  It may be that at least some of the TSMs knew this was coming, which is why some of them have been so unpleasant lately.   ...

Incognito Managers/supers
Mar 24, 2015

Has anybody else noticed the managers or the "abbreviations of the day" are no longer readily available?  No matter how many times I email or call I NEVER get in touch with my AD (abbreviation of the day) lol.  No return email, no return phone call.  It's like they have fallen into an abyss never to be seen or heard from again.   ...

List Of Managers/supervisors In North
Feb 09, 2010

Where in MQ Central do I find the supervisors/managers in North region?  I can't find it --- guess I'm looking in the wrong place.  Anyone know?  TIA. ...

Whydo They Over-hire?? Any Managers Out There To Answer This?
Jan 20, 2011

I read about this a lot, and really wonder why does a company over-hire?  Why can't they start off with a few MTs so they can feel-out the account and number of jobs?  Then, if needed, they can hire what they REALLY need.  I was hired on for a new account and they obviously over-hired for it... we're really struggling with work, or lack thereof.  I've adjusted my schedule three times too.  Even with the addition of several other accounts, I'm sti ...

OK ... What? New Workflow Managers Will Be Overseeing Over *400* Employees
Nov 06, 2014

If we think things are bad NOW with NJA and work flow ... just wait.  Each Workflow Manager has only been given ONE "POD" so far but as of this week, they will each be given a SECOND POD to oversee, each POD having at least 200 employees.  The Workflow Manager that I've been assigned to told me on the phone this morning that her mind-bending work load is about to DOUBLE and that she will be overseeing 400 employees.  She said she hopes she didn't make a big mistake by ta ...

MTSOs - How You Deal With These Nasty, Witchy Managers?
Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.     ...

Imedx Email - New One - Chastising Managers For Replying To All.
Dec 04, 2014

I'm just a lowly MT ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...