A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The axe is falling on middle managers? - Will

Posted: Jan 08, 2015

I just read a rather crypic e-mail which indicates this is the case, though no clear reason was given as to why.  It may be that at least some of the TSMs knew this was coming, which is why some of them have been so unpleasant lately.  

soon QC/QA - will be our managers

[ In Reply To ..]
ssss

I don't think most knew...Mine didn't and she was... - one of the good ones :( /nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Was it a good-bye kind of note? - Uh-oh. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My TSM is also one of the good ones and she has sent her usual updates, nothing out of the ordinary. Hope she stays.

More info - please

[ In Reply To ..]
Any more info as to what "middle managers" you might be referring to? I know our TL's have been rearranged (and now called POC, whatever the heck that means). There are so many changes going on, it makes you wonder who is doing all this shaking up of things and why!

TSMs have been let go - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It would stand to reason. Eliminate team leads, do away with alot of the mid - management bloat since there is

[ In Reply To ..]
...ever declining use for MTs, there just has to be less need for people to supervise us, right? I mean does that not make sense? Hope mine is first to go...she has no conscience.

Anyone intentionally making someone's life miserable - should be first to go.

[ In Reply To ..]
Life is hard enough as it is.

I wish they would fire the QA/QC - again I do not care

[ In Reply To ..]
Instead. There are way too many of them and two of each could be replaced by one old fashioned version who is highly skilled, well paid, and actually provides a service, instead of incentivized to cut our pay.
Many of them are next to go. My ex-TL said - QC are being replaced by India QC.
[ In Reply To ..]
This should be fun NOT.
QC being replaced or QA? Two different entities - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
QA/QC - Texas MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Why would you wish for someone to be fired? I don't understand. I hope that no one ever wishes that for you. Total insensitivity! Yes, I'm QC/QA. I'm not the bad guy. I am an MT first and always keep that in mind when doing my job. I don't want to take pay away from anyone! We're all in the same boat. Who knows if anyone else will get the ax? I hope you don't.
I just meant I would rather QC/QA ranks were thinned - than TSMs
[ In Reply To ..]
I do not want anyone fired, just if they have to fire someone I personally would rather not have my TSM fired when there are obviously way too many QA/QC people.

Being let go because fewer and fewer US MTs - to manage. A lot more work

[ In Reply To ..]
moving to India.

I hope I don't lose my TSM - she is great - and the only good thing about working here n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I felt the same way, but sadly they've let my TSM go, too - DisheartenedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I realized long ago that I was really lucky to have the TSM that I did. She worked hard for the company and she worked hard for US, her TEAM, which she always considered us even before the Nuance takeover. She ALWAYS had our backs, and when we began with the post-audit stuff she urged us to keep our heads up and backed us up with reversals, pushing hard and fighting right along with us. I actually imagine that has a lot to do with why she was one of the ones "eliminated" yesterday. She did her job, and she did it well ALL THE TIME, but she wasn't no candya$$ either, and I would put a stack of cash on it that that's why this amazing woman is no longer who I work for.

TSMs already let go - mom22

[ In Reply To ..]
I am just beginning to hear a trickling of it this morning. They dump all this on the TSM just to let them go? And yes, I'm also hearing the feeling is that those who stick up for the MT are the first.

Anyone whose TSM has already been let go want to give some initials?
Initials - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Mine was MR. She'd been with the company through several sales/takeovers. She stuck up for us all the time and I'm certain that's why she was fired. It's garbage and I hope karma kicks Nuance's ***.
AMEN sistah! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Fired TSMs - mom22
[ In Reply To ..]
I believe we may have had a TSM in common, and if it's the same one, she was really very good to work with. Another one of my favorites I worked with are gone. Again, been with the former company a long time.

If karma comes knocking, I hope we all have some popcorn so we can watch it unfold!

Didn't they just cut TLs & dump their work on the TSMs? Now they ax the TSMs? NM - Ex-Nuancer

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

If it's true, it'll make my day! :D - Silly Me

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Nuance Only Pays Their Middle Managers Well
Jun 13, 2014

I personally know someone who works as a middle manager for Nuance, makes well over 50,000 and has had constant raises since being hired.  From what she tells me she is very effective, but even the other middle managers who are not at all effective with huge make up costs and teams who fail audits constantly do not get terminated.  Plus, they do not have to be MTs.  They just sit in their home office and write rah rah emails to their team to keep them going and make sure they cove ...

Bottom Keeps Falling Out
Aug 23, 2011

I'm surprised to see how each week seems to bring new job postings on here for lower and lower wages, even for IC's, where some have posted effective line rates (once you figure in a minimum of 15% for withholding) of 2.5 to 6 cents per line. It's like there is a game of chicken going on.  Employers keep lowering the bar on pay, and MTs keep migrating to the few jobs that still pay decently.  Eventually something has to give - either there will be no one left doing the ...

Falling Asleep
Apr 17, 2012

Hello everyone.   This is kind of a silly question but I was wondering, what do some of you do when you are working and you get sleepy ??  I find that this is a constant problem for me.  I drink coffee,  pop and whatever to boost myself but find that it just has to go away on its own.   I would really appreciate any tips some of you may have found helpful. Thank you so much ! ...

Falling On Deaf Ears
Jun 19, 2015

x ...

What Do People Do For The Falling-asleep Backside?
Mar 10, 2011

Apparently I have finally completely squished down the (fairly substantial) padding on my chair, with my even-more-substantial weight.... It's a good chair otherwise, and considering what we get paid these days, I am not interested in replacing it. So, who can make some suggestions for something to put between me and the seat? Height will not be an issue; my desk is high, and the chair is a highly-adjustable drafting stool. TIA.  :) ...

Literally Was Falling Asleep While Typing Just Now...
Dec 20, 2011

Was just falling asleep while transcribing a report.  I kept nodding off.  I had to rewind quite a few times to see what I may have missed.  I usually don't have this problem, but I went to bed really late and had to get up earlier than usual so didn't get the sleep I normally do.  What is a good wake up remedy?  ...

FIESA - Score Was Falling Over The Last Two Weeks
Oct 02, 2014

Really look into your FIESA because I could not figure out why my score was falling over the last two weeks or so. I got to looking and it is not even me. I have been being charged with errors and graded on another person's mistake. I was very worried and could not figure out what was going on. I let my TSM know and I will spend hours now trying to get everything reversed. It is worth it though because we are graded on this not only by ourselves but also as a team through your TSM. It ...

Why The Middle Man?
Jul 06, 2012

Could someone explain the reason we went from working as ICs with our own accounts to MTSOs who pay half that? Was it the cost of EMR software? If this is the case, why do we depend on MTSO's for work when we can download freeware that enables transfer of sound files and Internet transfer of files back to the doctor? Where did we go wrong? ...

Middle Ear Anatomy Help
May 06, 2010

The cartilage graft was then placed in the region of the s/l squ-ti-matic to cover this defect created by the atticotomy.   Surgery was to remove a cholesteatoma from the patient's middle ear canal. ...

Middle AIR Space Or Middle EAR Space?
Jan 31, 2011

Doc is doing the admit note on a child to put in PE tubes.  Is it "effusion in middle ear space or middle air space"????  Thanks! ...

In The Middle Of A 25 Minute Report
Jun 20, 2010

I get a pop up that says my current DQS log in has expired and the system will shut down. Then it shut down on me.  I was TYPING at the time.  I swear, if I log back in an all that work is gone, I am going to go ballistic on someone!! Has anyone else had this happen? ...

Middle-aged 28 Year Old?
Feb 24, 2011

Patient is a 28 yo, but the doctor goes on to say in the PE that "examination reveals a middle-aged gentleman..." WOuld you flag this or leave this? ...

I Am Stuck In The Middle Of An Upload Nm
Jan 19, 2013

nm ...

Another Morning No Work. CSM Says Will Be Better Middle Of March,
Feb 21, 2013

Guess we will have to wait and see.  Tuesday 3 hours of work because of doctor's appointment and could not make up time if there was any work.  Today second job, cannot make up time.  All morning no work.  Will have to work more hours at second job I guess.  Retail, not guaranteed hours but better than what I am getting at MModal.  ...

Anyone Else Feel Like They Have A Great Big Target In The Middle Of Their Back?
Aug 21, 2013

been here just over 5 years, passed audits, no issues, then 4 verbals/write-ups in the last 3 months. How do you deal with that....I would consider MModal a hostile work environment. ...

From MSN, They Are Calling It The Death Of Middle Class And We Are On The List.
Jan 23, 2014

see link ...

Operations Managers
Jun 20, 2012

Have any of you ever had an issue with a current Operations Manager at MModal? ...

MTSO Managers
Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone have a decent one?  I'm looking around for a new job but don't know if they'd be any better anywhere else.  Just can't take these nasty people anymore..  Too old and sick to take it any more.  :p  You don't have to name your company, of course, just wondering if there are any good managers and places to work out there? Thanks. :) ...

Heard From Managers?
Mar 10, 2014

Just curious, with this bankruptcy issue going on, has anyone heard much from their "service managers" lately?  Mine has been much quieter lately compared to usual.   ...

To NUisANCE Managers
May 17, 2014

If you monitor this board, then you surely have a modicum of an idea of how unhappy we MTs are with your so-called management.  "Exciting News" doesn't cut it.  FIESA (a.k.a. FIASCO) is only something to demoralize and demean us.  The Link is a waste of time.  MT Week and its games, etc., is meaningless.  When are you going to do the right thing and take note of what we've been saying to you all along?  When people just don't care any more, when they ...

How Did They Decide Which Managers To Let Go?
Oct 25, 2014

Mine was let go.  She seemed very efficient and nice.  Do they decide by how many years you are employed by MM? ...

Managers In Meeting
Nov 18, 2014

Several of the managers I have on my IM have statuses saying they're in a meeting.  Not sure if this is just their regular monthly meetings with the COM or if this has something to do with the new compensation plan or whatever.  Anyone else have managers in meetings all morning?   ...

What Is The Point Of Having So Many Managers??
Jan 20, 2015

What happened to the 1 "manager" that you could call, email and ask a simple question and get a simple answer??? ...

TT Managers Are Appreciated (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I have had only good experiences with TT account managers.  They have always answered my emails promptly and been very willing to be flexible with my scheduliing.   AD has always taken the time to make personal phone calls to MTs when more info is needed or something didn't go through the system, to make sure they get paid on time.   I'm sure they share our stress over the accounts going to EPIC.  I just wanted them to know they are appreciated for all their hard wo ...

TO NUANCE MANAGERS:
Feb 16, 2015

If any TSMs, Regional Managers or executives are reading posts on this site, I don't know how you sleep at night!  We, as MLS', know exactly what is going on, even though you think we are stupid.  The only reason you have implemented the "Patient Safety Compensation Plan" is to pay us less so Nuance can make more money, it has nothing to do with patient safety, it is corporate greed so STOP all the lies!!! Also, please save all the crap at the end of the "updates" ...

Lately, I Tend To Give The Middle Finger To The Computer Screen As I'm Uploading.
Sep 16, 2011

x ...

Article: Middle Class Secretaries Pushed Into Minimum Wage Work
Sep 04, 2012

Article from The Nation: http://www.thenation.com/blog/169712/middle-class-secretaries-pushed-minimum-wage-work "And the driving force behind the losses is just as troubling. Given that the ability to find a new job is almost nil in the miserable job market, workers are feeling trapped. (For example, the quit rate has hovered at a very low rate since the recovery began.) That gives employers huge leverage in pushing their employees to take on heavier loads without higher pay." Sound famil ...

SoftScript - How It Is To Work With Managers, Etc.
Jan 06, 2011

I was just offered a position at SS a couple days ago, but my experience with the recruiter was less than inviting.  She was rude and very impersonal.  If I were a company, I would want the first impression to be a great one.  I accepted the position, but I'm really not sure I want to work there, if this is how you're treated BEFORE you're an employee.  Anyone know how it is to work with managers, etc. or anything else about SS? ...

Do The Account Managers At WMX Still Report To
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

What Has Become Of All The DSG People And Account Managers
Sep 03, 2012

since buyout to MM.  Just wondering. ...