A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SoftScript - how it is to work with managers, etc. - junebug

Posted: Jan 06, 2011

I was just offered a position at SS a couple days ago, but my experience with the recruiter was less than inviting.  She was rude and very impersonal.  If I were a company, I would want the first impression to be a great one.  I accepted the position, but I'm really not sure I want to work there, if this is how you're treated BEFORE you're an employee.  Anyone know how it is to work with managers, etc. or anything else about SS?

SoftScript is no different than any other MTSO - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
but they do pay on time! Other than that, I swear they all conspire with each other to be on the same page as far as MT is concerned. They expressed significant interest in what Medquist does in regards to too much QA being sent and therefore have instituted the 7% rule and, I am sure, will start docking pay as well.

You don't have to work for the recruiter so what do you care if she was rude as long as you got the job? Management at SoftScript is like every other company...there are too many chiefs and not enough indians (except in India). At least there is no SR to contend with.

SoftScript - junebug

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your response. I know I don't have to work with the recruiter, but if they allow the recruiter to treat new/potential employees like that, then they must not care about people wanting to work for them or who represents the company. Do you know what I'm getting at?

I know what you're getting at, but ... - starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not like they are all working together in 1 office in 1 location. The middle management tier has no control over how she interacts with potential employees and the upper tier doesn't care. My experience with their recruiter was similar to yours and when I mentioned this to my trainer she said something to the effect of you'll never ever have to deal with her again, so put her out of your mind. My trainer had never met this recruiter (middle tier) but did have to listen to *many* complaints about her from the new hires.

The bad thing at SS is that there is no work!! If the higher-ups truly felt bad about this, they would throw themselves under a truck and get admitted to one of the hospitals where we have accounts....
LOL .. love it. It would be the considerate thing for them to do. :-) nm - SSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
x
SoftScript pay - RadT
[ In Reply To ..]
I applied for a position in-house for SoftScript for doing 50% radiology transcription and 50% administrative duties. I got a call the same day and guess how much they pay?? $15/hr!! And a 45 minute commute to the office. I'd rather go work at In N' Out Burger for $12/hr. What's going on with these companies?? I start medical coding school next week and I can't wait to get out of transcription.
Softscript job - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
$15 an hour is nothing to sneeze at these days, personally I would have jumped at that as would a lot of other people. There might be a chance for advancement if you are doing administrative things. You may start for less than that as a beginning coder if you can get a job without experience, good luck.
I would think $15/hour in California is not worth much. Have to factor in sm - SSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
the cost of living and such. Plus, I made $15/hour back in 1992. I don't blame her/him for not taking the job.
$15/hr job - RadT
[ In Reply To ..]
$15/hr is nothing here in California. And coders with their CPC certification start at $25-35/hr in my area.

Positive Experience - Simple-T

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired and started with SS just before Christmas and have found it a very positive experience thus far. Just released from 100% QA. Work has been a bit on the slow side due to the holidays but picking up a bit now and I have worked pretty much every day at least a half shift and was able to make up the missed hours on my days off. They are very strict about no OT (no more than 8 in a day/40 in a week) unless approved. My recruiter was a man and was very nice. Everything he said would happen did and exactly when he said it would. I truly like my accounts (I'm assigned to 2) and I love the fact that they are straight transcription with no VR/SR or offshoring. I would have liked a half cent more per line to start but with the incentives I am making the straight rate I have always made...double if you count the fact I no longer have to do 4 cent VR/SR. My production manager also said that within 2 weeks we have some big accounts coming on board and that work will definitely pick back up at that time. Anyway, best of luck to you. Hope you have a positive experience as well. I myself thank God for giving me this opportunity and I plan to make the best of it. I hope to again make what I was at MDI/Transcend before their switch to VR and the mistreatment of their MTs and overstaffing. I must say though, that their platform no where near compares to MQ (but it is easy to learn...but you have to use your mouse), but the dictators more than make up the difference for MQ had the worst dictators ever.

that recruiter - Vet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't let that recruiter idiot put you off. When I interviewed, she shocked me with her rudeness and high-handedness. It was incredible. In fact, I thought she might be drunk. When I got to the next level, the interviewer told me to forget her, so I did. It *was* amazing, though.

Similar Messages:

Operations Managers
Jun 20, 2012

Have any of you ever had an issue with a current Operations Manager at MModal? ...

MTSO Managers
Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone have a decent one?  I'm looking around for a new job but don't know if they'd be any better anywhere else.  Just can't take these nasty people anymore..  Too old and sick to take it any more.  :p  You don't have to name your company, of course, just wondering if there are any good managers and places to work out there? Thanks. :) ...

Heard From Managers?
Mar 10, 2014

Just curious, with this bankruptcy issue going on, has anyone heard much from their "service managers" lately?  Mine has been much quieter lately compared to usual.   ...

To NUisANCE Managers
May 17, 2014

If you monitor this board, then you surely have a modicum of an idea of how unhappy we MTs are with your so-called management.  "Exciting News" doesn't cut it.  FIESA (a.k.a. FIASCO) is only something to demoralize and demean us.  The Link is a waste of time.  MT Week and its games, etc., is meaningless.  When are you going to do the right thing and take note of what we've been saying to you all along?  When people just don't care any more, when they ...

How Did They Decide Which Managers To Let Go?
Oct 25, 2014

Mine was let go.  She seemed very efficient and nice.  Do they decide by how many years you are employed by MM? ...

Managers In Meeting
Nov 18, 2014

Several of the managers I have on my IM have statuses saying they're in a meeting.  Not sure if this is just their regular monthly meetings with the COM or if this has something to do with the new compensation plan or whatever.  Anyone else have managers in meetings all morning?   ...

What Is The Point Of Having So Many Managers??
Jan 20, 2015

What happened to the 1 "manager" that you could call, email and ask a simple question and get a simple answer??? ...

TT Managers Are Appreciated (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I have had only good experiences with TT account managers.  They have always answered my emails promptly and been very willing to be flexible with my scheduliing.   AD has always taken the time to make personal phone calls to MTs when more info is needed or something didn't go through the system, to make sure they get paid on time.   I'm sure they share our stress over the accounts going to EPIC.  I just wanted them to know they are appreciated for all their hard wo ...

TO NUANCE MANAGERS:
Feb 16, 2015

If any TSMs, Regional Managers or executives are reading posts on this site, I don't know how you sleep at night!  We, as MLS', know exactly what is going on, even though you think we are stupid.  The only reason you have implemented the "Patient Safety Compensation Plan" is to pay us less so Nuance can make more money, it has nothing to do with patient safety, it is corporate greed so STOP all the lies!!! Also, please save all the crap at the end of the "updates" ...

Do The Account Managers At WMX Still Report To
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

What Has Become Of All The DSG People And Account Managers
Sep 03, 2012

since buyout to MM.  Just wondering. ...

Let's Be Clear About Hands-on Managers
Oct 13, 2012

http://forum.mtstars.com/434118.html They are a significant part of the problem.  Along with upper levels they possess no ethics and apparently also lack cartilaginous tissue in the C-T-L spines to stand up and say they have ethics and will not go along with the unethical/illegal BS upper level suggests/dictates to them.  They have a choice and choose wrong.  They could stand together in numbers and say NO.  You think upper level is going to find enough people to replace ...

Question For MTSO Managers.....
Jul 13, 2014

How would you feel if your superior/boss/CEO emailed you and stated there is nothing for you to do this week, so you won't be getting paid; HOWEVER, you must be available in case there is work, so make sure you sit there by the phone so we can call you if we need you and you better be available IMMEDIATELY. We expect work to be available next week and you can just cram in 80 hrs to make up for the lost week of work. How does that sound? What the hell is wrong with these companies promisin ...

The Axe Is Falling On Middle Managers?
Jan 08, 2015

I just read a rather crypic e-mail which indicates this is the case, though no clear reason was given as to why.  It may be that at least some of the TSMs knew this was coming, which is why some of them have been so unpleasant lately.   ...

Incognito Managers/supers
Mar 24, 2015

Has anybody else noticed the managers or the "abbreviations of the day" are no longer readily available?  No matter how many times I email or call I NEVER get in touch with my AD (abbreviation of the day) lol.  No return email, no return phone call.  It's like they have fallen into an abyss never to be seen or heard from again.   ...

List Of Managers/supervisors In North
Feb 09, 2010

Where in MQ Central do I find the supervisors/managers in North region?  I can't find it --- guess I'm looking in the wrong place.  Anyone know?  TIA. ...

Whydo They Over-hire?? Any Managers Out There To Answer This?
Jan 20, 2011

I read about this a lot, and really wonder why does a company over-hire?  Why can't they start off with a few MTs so they can feel-out the account and number of jobs?  Then, if needed, they can hire what they REALLY need.  I was hired on for a new account and they obviously over-hired for it... we're really struggling with work, or lack thereof.  I've adjusted my schedule three times too.  Even with the addition of several other accounts, I'm sti ...

Nuance Only Pays Their Middle Managers Well
Jun 13, 2014

I personally know someone who works as a middle manager for Nuance, makes well over 50,000 and has had constant raises since being hired.  From what she tells me she is very effective, but even the other middle managers who are not at all effective with huge make up costs and teams who fail audits constantly do not get terminated.  Plus, they do not have to be MTs.  They just sit in their home office and write rah rah emails to their team to keep them going and make sure they cove ...

OK ... What? New Workflow Managers Will Be Overseeing Over *400* Employees
Nov 06, 2014

If we think things are bad NOW with NJA and work flow ... just wait.  Each Workflow Manager has only been given ONE "POD" so far but as of this week, they will each be given a SECOND POD to oversee, each POD having at least 200 employees.  The Workflow Manager that I've been assigned to told me on the phone this morning that her mind-bending work load is about to DOUBLE and that she will be overseeing 400 employees.  She said she hopes she didn't make a big mistake by ta ...

MTSOs - How You Deal With These Nasty, Witchy Managers?
Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.     ...

Nuance Managers And Support Team Question
May 29, 2014

A clusterf%!@* has been created by the management team.  Are they held responsible for MTs leaving the company or running out of work?  How about the rest of the management?  If team leaders can't answer questions, are they held accountable?  What about different dings from QA that conflict. Are the MTs the only people at Nuance that undergo QA? ...

Imedx Email - New One - Chastising Managers For Replying To All.
Dec 04, 2014

I'm just a lowly MT ...

IC For Softscript?
Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone ever been an IC for softscript?  I ask because I read the complaints that employees had, that they had to make up sick time and they're not at all flexible with scheduling.  Being an IC would seem to solve that problem.  Also, what sort of line count do they expect? ...

SOFTSCRIPT, Inc.
Apr 29, 2010

What can you tell me about a company called Softscript out of California?  Thanks. ...

Job With SoftScript
Oct 29, 2010

Does anyone know if SoftScript is a good company to work for?  ...

Anyone Here Went From MQ To Softscript?
Dec 01, 2010

I've been with MQ forever but just can't stand it anymore with all their changes and micromanaging.  I'm considering Softscript, but don't know anything about their platform.  Anyone here quit MQ to work at Softscript?  ...

SoftScript Pay?
Dec 08, 2010

How long after end of pay period does Softscript usually pay?  I'm fairly new and trying to adjust!  It's the 8th and end of November pay hasn't posted yet - is it just me since I'm new?  Whenever it is, it's okay - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering so I can budget accordingly!  I wasn't told anything about this at training or hiring and knew some helpful follks on here could help!  ...

Oh Me Oh My Softscript
Apr 16, 2011

such a shame since somebody there had the good sense to hire PMs who demonstrate a certain degree of competence that the executive leadership does not so very sad stay tuned ...

SoftScript At It Again
Aug 10, 2011

I work on MULTIPLE accounts and had about 10 jobs so far today.  and they have job posting on MTjobs.  Hiring for transcriptionists and advertising plenty of work.  ...

I Am Not A Fan Of Softscript,but
Oct 20, 2011

But, they have an ad on MTjob board that is just hilarious and funny.  They have a picture of a dog sitting on a lap top computer working and underneath the caption it says are you tired of your employer treating you like a dog.  The dog even have on glasses.  I am stiill laughing. ...