A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How Did They Decide Which Managers To Let Go? - ea

Posted: Oct 25, 2014

Mine was let go.  She seemed very efficient and nice.  Do they decide by how many years you are employed by MM?

Managers - Frances

[ In Reply To ..]
My guess it is by salary. The least experienced with the lowest salaries stay.

My understanding from my former TSM is... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That almost all of the TSMs were offered a different (much lower-paid) position OR to agree to help for 2 weeks with the transition, take a severance package and part ways.

She said that most decided to take the money and run.

They used to draw names out of a hat - completely random

[ In Reply To ..]
That way no one could claim age discrimination or whatever. Then then would compensate them one week of salary for every year they worked for the company.
Wow, if that is still the severance offer then ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
My former TSM should be planning a Hawaiian vacation. She's been with MModal (and all of its incarnations before that) for almost 30 years, and at $500/wk (guessing) that would be a $15,000 severance package just for her alone.

I doubt MModal is doing that anymore. :)

Similar Messages:

Help Me Decide
Mar 29, 2011

Hope someone can help me.  I have worked for a couple of MTSO for around 10 years.  Will be switching to VR soon.  I am starting to have problems forcing myself to work at least 2 straight hours without interrupting myself either out of boredom or because someone interrupted me (I work from home).  I can never seem to get over 200 lines per hour and the benefits are not great.  I applied to a hospital in house (about 35 minutes away).  The only shift they had was a ...

Can't Decide Between MA Or LPN
May 22, 2013

I am going to do it - get out of MTing for good and really, really want to work in patient care.  I love the thought of being an LPN, but I'm seeing so many jobs for medical assistants.  It seems to me as though MAs are replacing LPNs.  A hospital near me has 13 openings for medical assistants and only one opening for an LPN.  Which way to go is the best? Confused! ...

How Do You Decide What Is Okay To Abbreviate?
Mar 27, 2011

I know some are obvious, like MRI, but how do you decide what is okay to abbreviate and what is not?  For example, I am transcribing for a neurologist/sleep study doc and he uses CPAP, COPD, and JVD a lot.  Are those to be spelled out?  In school, we learned that everything should be spelled out, but I have seen evidence to the contrary in several books.  What is your opinion? ...

Trying To Decide Which School
Nov 01, 2011

Ive been trying to decide which school to take the MT course....Andrews or MTEC. I know there has been lots of posts already but I have a few unanswered questions. I have a pretty good idea how MTEC works since they have a webinar showing & explaining their learning platform. I also know that they are all online and if you choose to buy books to study its extra. Im trying to find out how you learn at Andrews and what materials are included. I know i need to call but i want to hear from real peop ...

Trying To Decide Between Employee And IC...
Dec 08, 2011

I am a little math challenged.  Does anyone know which would be better (general ballpark idea) employee at 8 cpl, or IC at 9 cpl?  I do not need the insurance, as I have private insurance, so strictly paywise.  Is it better to take the lower cpl and not have to pay the entire tax, or the higher cpl and pay all taxes?  TIA.  ...

Trying To Decide To Test For A Job
Apr 15, 2012

I applied for a VR job that I'm not sure I want. I don't mind the VR so much but it doesn't pay much but I really only want a part-time job and this one is full time. I am wondering what these companies consider full time. Some say 32 to 40 hours per week. Not sure I like the days either with one weekend day included. ...

Trying To Decide, SoftScript Or Amphion
Nov 05, 2010

Both part-time, both let me choose my schedule; however, Amphion is primarily editing and SoftScript is straight transcription at more than double the editing pay offered by Amphion.  Anyone have any experience working for both or is anyone currently employed by either and can offer some insight in how they are to work for? Thanks for any info, good, bad or indifferent! ...

Would Appreciate Some Help From Current CMTs To Help Me Decide
Apr 17, 2011

Does your employer offer a differential for being a CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist)?  I am on the fence as to whether to take the CMT test now or just wait until it becomes mandatory.  Would really appreciate some help from current CMTs to maybe sway me one way or the other.  Since I am currently looking for a new employer, this may be the perfect time for me to decide.  If I go the CMT route, then I would probably apply to companies that will pay me more for the C ...

Help! Can't Decide On This Job Offer - Precyse?
Jan 31, 2013

So, I've been agonizing over this decision for a week now. I have a job offer from Precyse, willing to give me the schedule I want and work around my college courses, and about the highest production pay I would expect from any service. This would mean I could leave MModal with a terrible schedule (10 hours on Saturdays), and it is very hard to get time off, terrible management, but I would also be leaving the work I've known for over 10 years. I worked for this hospital (very cushy tr ...

Average LPH For TTS Accounts?? Trying To Decide
Jul 25, 2014

Can anyone share what the average line count you are getting at TTS?  I know it makes a difference what accounts you have, etc. but just wondering what employees are getting for LPH.  I have read that speech engine is very good with accounts.  Will help me make a decision if it is worth it. ...

I Have Idea All MTSO Get Together In Conference Call And Decide
Dec 26, 2010

gotten pay down to basically nothing, what else can we do to get more facility money for ourselves.  We cant squeeze facilities more without them going elsewhere, guess we have to squeeze MTs more.  Heck, some have even decided to make MTs pay for platform costs, pay rent for loaned equipement - loaned so MT can do the job MTSO needs done - or started a "mentoring" division so they can basically get work done for free.  What will they think of next???? ...

Trying To Decide Between Enrolling In A Medical Coding Course Or A Physical Therapy Assistant Course
Sep 20, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Operations Managers
Jun 20, 2012

Have any of you ever had an issue with a current Operations Manager at MModal? ...

MTSO Managers
Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone have a decent one?  I'm looking around for a new job but don't know if they'd be any better anywhere else.  Just can't take these nasty people anymore..  Too old and sick to take it any more.  :p  You don't have to name your company, of course, just wondering if there are any good managers and places to work out there? Thanks. :) ...

Heard From Managers?
Mar 10, 2014

Just curious, with this bankruptcy issue going on, has anyone heard much from their "service managers" lately?  Mine has been much quieter lately compared to usual.   ...

To NUisANCE Managers
May 17, 2014

If you monitor this board, then you surely have a modicum of an idea of how unhappy we MTs are with your so-called management.  "Exciting News" doesn't cut it.  FIESA (a.k.a. FIASCO) is only something to demoralize and demean us.  The Link is a waste of time.  MT Week and its games, etc., is meaningless.  When are you going to do the right thing and take note of what we've been saying to you all along?  When people just don't care any more, when they ...

Managers In Meeting
Nov 18, 2014

Several of the managers I have on my IM have statuses saying they're in a meeting.  Not sure if this is just their regular monthly meetings with the COM or if this has something to do with the new compensation plan or whatever.  Anyone else have managers in meetings all morning?   ...

What Is The Point Of Having So Many Managers??
Jan 20, 2015

What happened to the 1 "manager" that you could call, email and ask a simple question and get a simple answer??? ...

TT Managers Are Appreciated (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I have had only good experiences with TT account managers.  They have always answered my emails promptly and been very willing to be flexible with my scheduliing.   AD has always taken the time to make personal phone calls to MTs when more info is needed or something didn't go through the system, to make sure they get paid on time.   I'm sure they share our stress over the accounts going to EPIC.  I just wanted them to know they are appreciated for all their hard wo ...

TO NUANCE MANAGERS:
Feb 16, 2015

If any TSMs, Regional Managers or executives are reading posts on this site, I don't know how you sleep at night!  We, as MLS', know exactly what is going on, even though you think we are stupid.  The only reason you have implemented the "Patient Safety Compensation Plan" is to pay us less so Nuance can make more money, it has nothing to do with patient safety, it is corporate greed so STOP all the lies!!! Also, please save all the crap at the end of the "updates" ...

Why, Oh Why, Do They Get To The Laboratory/diagnostic Data Portion And Decide To Speed Talk...Grrr!!
May 12, 2011

nm ...

SoftScript - How It Is To Work With Managers, Etc.
Jan 06, 2011

I was just offered a position at SS a couple days ago, but my experience with the recruiter was less than inviting.  She was rude and very impersonal.  If I were a company, I would want the first impression to be a great one.  I accepted the position, but I'm really not sure I want to work there, if this is how you're treated BEFORE you're an employee.  Anyone know how it is to work with managers, etc. or anything else about SS? ...

Do The Account Managers At WMX Still Report To
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

What Has Become Of All The DSG People And Account Managers
Sep 03, 2012

since buyout to MM.  Just wondering. ...

Let's Be Clear About Hands-on Managers
Oct 13, 2012

http://forum.mtstars.com/434118.html They are a significant part of the problem.  Along with upper levels they possess no ethics and apparently also lack cartilaginous tissue in the C-T-L spines to stand up and say they have ethics and will not go along with the unethical/illegal BS upper level suggests/dictates to them.  They have a choice and choose wrong.  They could stand together in numbers and say NO.  You think upper level is going to find enough people to replace ...

Question For MTSO Managers.....
Jul 13, 2014

How would you feel if your superior/boss/CEO emailed you and stated there is nothing for you to do this week, so you won't be getting paid; HOWEVER, you must be available in case there is work, so make sure you sit there by the phone so we can call you if we need you and you better be available IMMEDIATELY. We expect work to be available next week and you can just cram in 80 hrs to make up for the lost week of work. How does that sound? What the hell is wrong with these companies promisin ...

The Axe Is Falling On Middle Managers?
Jan 08, 2015

I just read a rather crypic e-mail which indicates this is the case, though no clear reason was given as to why.  It may be that at least some of the TSMs knew this was coming, which is why some of them have been so unpleasant lately.   ...

Incognito Managers/supers
Mar 24, 2015

Has anybody else noticed the managers or the "abbreviations of the day" are no longer readily available?  No matter how many times I email or call I NEVER get in touch with my AD (abbreviation of the day) lol.  No return email, no return phone call.  It's like they have fallen into an abyss never to be seen or heard from again.   ...

List Of Managers/supervisors In North
Feb 09, 2010

Where in MQ Central do I find the supervisors/managers in North region?  I can't find it --- guess I'm looking in the wrong place.  Anyone know?  TIA. ...

Whydo They Over-hire?? Any Managers Out There To Answer This?
Jan 20, 2011

I read about this a lot, and really wonder why does a company over-hire?  Why can't they start off with a few MTs so they can feel-out the account and number of jobs?  Then, if needed, they can hire what they REALLY need.  I was hired on for a new account and they obviously over-hired for it... we're really struggling with work, or lack thereof.  I've adjusted my schedule three times too.  Even with the addition of several other accounts, I'm sti ...