A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MTSO's shake up market for outsourcing transcription - Very important read.

Posted: Dec 09, 2009

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/new-entrants-improving-players-shake-up-the-market-for-outsourced-transcription-128192.php

This article explains some of the top MTSO companies and notice that the first 5 out of 15 companies handle onshore than offshoring.  Again, is onshore United States and offshore is places like India?  Anyway, should open up article and read it.  Very, very interesting!!!!  This is only some of the article below.

Despite the increase in offshore transcription work, however, onshore services continue to get higher marks for overall quality and turnaround time. In fact, the top-five MTSOs in the KLAS report are all doing their work predominantly onshore.

The 15 MTSOs rated in "Transcription Services: Steady Demand in a Volatile Market" are Acusis, CBay, DTS America, Encompass, Focus, Heartland, MedQuist, Precyse Solutions, Spheris, SPi, Sten-Tel, Superior Global, Transcend, TransTech and Webmedx.

"Transcription Services: Steady Demand in a Volatile Market" includes KLAS performance ratings for 15 medical transcription services organizations (MTSOs), and the field looks decidedly different than KLAS' June 2008 MTSO report. The top-rated vendor a year ago, Transcend, has now dropped to fifth place, despite keeping its performance score steady year over year. Newly rated Webmedx and Precyse Solutions take the top two spots in the 2009 report, followed by Encompass and TransTech, both of which saw significant improvement in their performance scores.

That was a good read - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
Very informative.

Similar Messages:

Transcription Outsourcing, LLC
Aug 13, 2012

Has anyone started working here on their radiology account?  Any information? ...

Cost Of Outsourcing Transcription
Jan 02, 2013

Interesting.   http://www.heu.org/news-media/news-releases/costs-outsourcing-medical-transcription-skyrocket-150-cent-just-four-years ...

Outsourcing Transcription - Savings Calculator
Apr 09, 2014

An interesting little calculator.  I just used a random email and such to get my results, but based on a 100-bed hospital over the course of a year, MM estimates that in-house transcription costs will range $200K and MM can save that same facility an estimated 51% by outsourcing services domestically or 59% globally.  Interesting...  Just food for thought. http://mmodal.com/products-and-services/transcription-services/transcription-roi/ ...

All I Can Do Is Shake My Head .... (SM)
Dec 28, 2009

I found an ad this morning that I was so excited about, part-time MT in 2 specialties that I love, started my email to the company when I went back to look at the job ad and it states UP TO 0.7 per line.  Immediately I deleted the email, shook my head and went on looking.  What amazes me even more is that these people/companies who offer these horrible wages generally act like they are doing you a favor!!  Sad, so very sad .... ...

MTs Seek A Fair Shake
Sep 11, 2012

I just saw this posted by AHDI and don't see it discussed yet. Just curious what you all think of this article?   ...

Aero Transcription - Are They A Good MTSO? (sm)
Feb 05, 2011

Is there plenty of work.  Can you have your own dictators on a regular basis?  Good pay?  Would appreciate any info.  Their website says they have subcontractors so I reckon that means IC status only. ...

Such A Tight Job Market I'm....sm
Jan 31, 2010

I have applied to so many companies I can't remember them all and few got back to me, is this all that's left now?  ...

MT Market Research
Oct 15, 2013

Hey everyone, I'm doing some market research on transcription and was wondering if you might be able to give me some pointers? Firstly I'm trying to figure out who the biggest players are and I've come up with Nuance and M*Modal. These seem to be by far the biggest, but I've also found some smaller companies like Presyce, Superior Global Solutions, TransTech, Acusis and MedScribe - are there any others I'm missing? I'm also looking at the pricing these companies ...

In The Market For A New Computer
Jul 25, 2014

Don't know if I have the right board or not.  Anyway, I'm in the market for a new computer. I'm about ready to TOBAS (Take Out Back And Shoot) this one.  Do you prefer a laptop or a PC and why? ...

Atlas Worldwide Transcription. I Am A Small MTSO In Pennsylvania And Am
Nov 18, 2012

interested in obtaining some work from this company and I am wondering if anyone else has worked as a sub for them or knows of MTs that may work through the company.  Would appreciate any information about them if you have current knowledge of how they are to work with. ...

Anyone Out There Heard New Lowered Pay For MTs Is A Market Correction?
Sep 21, 2010

Pay has been cut by 25%, told we are lucky to have a job, that we have easy accounts,  and that our pay is a "market correction". That's encouragement from an employer! ...

I'm Out Of The MT Market... I Filed For Social Security Today
Nov 02, 2009

I have grown tired of looking for a job, and it just so happens I turn 62 next month, so I'm out of the MT market.  Goodbye to you MTSOs who play games with hard working people trying to put food on the table.  It's gonna catch up with you and as they say, "Jimmy Crack Corn and....."  I pray you MTs who are younger will find jobs or get out of this dying field.  It has really changed in the last 15 years, but radically changed in the last 2.  Goodbye.&nbs ...

Any Info On Market Pro On Job Board? Unable To Find Anyting. TIA
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Abdomen: Positive S/l "bed Shake" Sign.
May 09, 2011

Abdomen: Positive s/l "bed shake" sign....? ...

The Sky Is Falling – College Closes Medical Transcription Program – MTSO Cut Out As
Nov 05, 2010

The sky is falling !!! Anyone else see this?  Is this an aberration or a portent of the direction Medical Transcription is heading?    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 College ends medical transcription program Recently Delhi University announced its Medical Transcription Program, for the first time, was producing better transcriptionists in India including South Asia.  In the meantime, San Juan College is closing its Medical Transcription Program stating that there is les ...

Please - Outsourcing
Aug 08, 2013

If it wasn't for outsourcing, we wouldn't have jobs. The hospitals are outsourcing to us. There is a difference between "outsourcing" and "offshoring." ...

Outsourcing Backlash
Nov 02, 2009

Medical transcription is not the only thing being outsourced.....Lots of info to Google re Boston Hyatt Hotels replacing long time housekeeping staff with people the staff trained.  It seems that everying, from the governor's office down, is outraged and want the housekeepers reinstated.  Hospitality Staffing Solutions are paying the new workers $8 per hour and no benefits.  The original housekeepers were making $14-20/hour with benefits and pension.   ...

Outsourcing Fiasco -
Nov 24, 2009

Click on link.  UK patient medical records end up on black market. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221186/Private-medical-records-sale-Harley-Street-clinic-patients-files-outsourced-input--end-black-market.html#ixzz0UVTq0qNI ...

DSG/MedQuist/Outsourcing
Jan 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me how closely affiliated DSG and MedQuist are, and if DSG outsources to India?  We all know MQ outsources, but I'm having trouble getting information. Thinking about working for DSG, but I don't want to go anywhere that has any affiliation whatsoever with MQ.  I've heard DSG uses MQ's software, just wondering how far they are in cahoots with the Q on other things, like outsourcing to India. ...

Outsourcing To India
Jun 15, 2010

On numerous occasions over the past year I was told by my CCM that the reason they are outsourcing to India is because there is a shortage of qualified MTs because the average age of an MT is 55 and they are starting to retired.  Like the infamous ***** and is ridiculous claim about 650 lph on ASR, that MTs have an IQ of about 6.    ***** Do not name/identify individuals.  Moderator ***** ...

NEW NBC SHOW ABOUT OUTSOURCING
Aug 31, 2010

I JUST WANT TO VENT.  I don't remember the exact name of this new NBC show making a comedy out of outsourcing - but I think we all need to find out who or where to write and tell them OUTSOURCING OVERSEAS IS NOT FUNNY!!  From what I gather from the ads the jobs go to India (I believe) and it's supposed to be so funny.  It's not freakin amusing in the least.  We aren't the only industry who have been royaly SCREWED by big companies.  T ...

OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone heard about or work for OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)?  Any info would be appreciated! ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Parable About Outsourcing
Jul 15, 2012

Just the link. ...

Coding Outsourcing
Sep 30, 2012

MTs come here for opinions on whether coding will go the way of transcription.   Many coders give their opinion.  Many feel safe, some don’t know, and many see many opportunities within the field to move about and are not worried.   There you have it.  Why argue?  The MTs argue that the coders are wrong and try to show that it will happen and is happening.  We gave our opinion, we know how we feel, and we are IN the field.  Are you trying to war ...

A Thought On Outsourcing
Dec 08, 2012

Just a thought...if they are going to outsource our US jobs to India, then give THEM the ESL dictators from India!!  I don't care for them. ...

Fatal Outsourcing.
Dec 15, 2012

See link.  http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/fatal_outsourcing_thomas_hospi.html ...

This Is What I Don't Understand About Outsourcing
Jan 07, 2013

How can medical records which are so closely guarded in this country be sent to another country for transcription.  I think that most patients would be against having their sensitive medical information going to another country.  It doesn't seem that Mmodal could even outsource.  Is it because the public doesn't know? ...