A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

outsourcing to India - BOMT

Posted: Jun 15, 2010

On numerous occasions over the past year I was told by my CCM that the reason they are outsourcing to India is because there is a shortage of qualified MTs because the average age of an MT is 55 and they are starting to retired.  Like the infamous ***** and is ridiculous claim about 650 lph on ASR, that MTs have an IQ of about 6.    ***** Do not name/identify individuals.  Moderator *****

No, it is because of the CBay/MQ SEC filings - jaeme

[ In Reply To ..]
No, they are outsourcing to India because that was part of the deal when CBay bought MQ. Read the SEC filings between CBay and MQ...they state that MQ is to send 80% of their work to CBay/India. Not rumor...absolutely true. I don't have the link handy right now, but I am sure if you look up CBay MedQuist SEC filings in a search engine, you will find it.

OMG - that's the oldest excuse in the book. They off- - shore cuz theyre greedy, unscrupulous USERS.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yep, they are greedy!! - jaeme

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree 100% that they are greedy...and dirty, and underhanded. I even heard that they pay less for ASR than people hired on the Spheris accounts. They are greedy jerks, but CBay is equally as greedy by including that stipulation in the SEC filings. The MT field is DEAD. The only thing left is crappy ASR, and that probably won't even be around by 2014 when the first penalties start kicking in if physicians aren't using EHR. Where will CBay and MQ be then? CBay will find something else for the offshorers to do, like start a collection business, and MQ will go completely broke. The end. So glad I got out of the business. But i do keep up with what is going on anyway, just to see if my predictions about the industry are still on track. So far, they are...sadly.

I was told the EXACT same thing. - Lies, lies, lies. No message below.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Line rates - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, I heard that if you work on the Spheris accounts you make .01 more on transcription and ASR than at MQ. That doesn't seem very fair. How can they do this?????

Because the Spheris platform - Spherite

[ In Reply To ..]
is so bad your lph will probably be worse than they are on your MQ platform. C-stone STEALS spaces off you even if you type them, it removes them at the end of a line.

Even at 5 cpl for SR, I am about at minimum wage. It is just that horrible.

grandfathered in...but it will change - sitback

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure they have some sort of agreement to keep them at certain rates for a certain period of time and then BANG they too (unfortunately for them) will take pay cuts just like the rest of us. :-(
you can say that again been there done that - mt nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
The accounts I work on were pulled FROM India - kazaam
[ In Reply To ..]
because of too many blanks, was told they had to renegotiate the contract (I'm assuming for a higher rate so they could pay American MTs) This account is 99.5% INDIAN dictators. If they can't understand their own kind, how are we supposed to?

Line Rates - Silly Rabbits

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish it was true, but it is not. Spheris paystubs are filled with convoluted gobbley goop codes that it takes a day and a half to decipher and our money gets taken that way. If Spheris does pay more, it is only in theory, not in practice. I am actually too ashamed to complain about my pay, but it is, at least, minimum wage.

I used to work for Medquist. Escaped to Spheris. Loved Spheris at first. Thought the grass was greener. Pay began to plummet. Next thing, I am again employed/owned by Medquist. I feel like a runaway (but did'nt get to far) slave.

From the Steve Martin/Queen Latifa movie: Bringing Down the House

"Is massa gonna sell us in the mornin?'"

The people from India can't even speak correct English let alone transcribe in English - I hope they get what they deserve

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Right..and why do they let India QA the work? - Crazy4 working here

[ In Reply To ..]
What I don't understand is how India used to do work and it was QA'd in the states...and now the reverse is happening. India is doing QA reviews (many of which contain incorrect information and they are dinging for things that aren't even mistakes). I don't get it. ESLs QA'ing American MT work???

Call center - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband tried to call a service center last night about a problem with his cell phone. Of course, he got Mahatma or whoever. By the time he got off the phone, I thought he was going to have a stroke. I just laughed and laughed. Told him he ought to have to deal with all day long!!!

Whenever I call and get India or the Philippines.... - PButter

[ In Reply To ..]
Whenever I have to call about tech help or something and I get India or the Philippines, I always ask them if they can find me someone who speaks clearer English. It totally befuddles them. LOL!

Similar Messages:

India Outsourcing Being Outsourced
Oct 21, 2013

Forgive me if this topic has been covered and/or beat to death, but were most of you aware that not only does Nuance outsource some/a good portion of the work to India, but that Nuance India actually outsources their work to other companies? It is one thing that they're sending it oversees in the first place, but then once it goes to another company, and potentially another one after that if they're anything like US companies... I have an issue with that.  This makes me so sick! ...

India Outsourcing Article From Yahoo News
Mar 26, 2010

Check out this article on outsourcing and the newly passed healthcare bill. This article talks about how the massive job increases are pretty much going to go go India and not stay here in the U.S. http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100325/wl_csm/290215   ...

New Deals Worth $22 Billion For The Outsourcing Industry In India?
Jul 06, 2012

I was looking for this post and can't find it anywhere????? ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

Please - Outsourcing
Aug 08, 2013

If it wasn't for outsourcing, we wouldn't have jobs. The hospitals are outsourcing to us. There is a difference between "outsourcing" and "offshoring." ...

Outsourcing Backlash
Nov 02, 2009

Medical transcription is not the only thing being outsourced.....Lots of info to Google re Boston Hyatt Hotels replacing long time housekeeping staff with people the staff trained.  It seems that everying, from the governor's office down, is outraged and want the housekeepers reinstated.  Hospitality Staffing Solutions are paying the new workers $8 per hour and no benefits.  The original housekeepers were making $14-20/hour with benefits and pension.   ...

Outsourcing Fiasco -
Nov 24, 2009

Click on link.  UK patient medical records end up on black market. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221186/Private-medical-records-sale-Harley-Street-clinic-patients-files-outsourced-input--end-black-market.html#ixzz0UVTq0qNI ...

DSG/MedQuist/Outsourcing
Jan 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me how closely affiliated DSG and MedQuist are, and if DSG outsources to India?  We all know MQ outsources, but I'm having trouble getting information. Thinking about working for DSG, but I don't want to go anywhere that has any affiliation whatsoever with MQ.  I've heard DSG uses MQ's software, just wondering how far they are in cahoots with the Q on other things, like outsourcing to India. ...

NEW NBC SHOW ABOUT OUTSOURCING
Aug 31, 2010

I JUST WANT TO VENT.  I don't remember the exact name of this new NBC show making a comedy out of outsourcing - but I think we all need to find out who or where to write and tell them OUTSOURCING OVERSEAS IS NOT FUNNY!!  From what I gather from the ads the jobs go to India (I believe) and it's supposed to be so funny.  It's not freakin amusing in the least.  We aren't the only industry who have been royaly SCREWED by big companies.  T ...

OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone heard about or work for OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)?  Any info would be appreciated! ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Parable About Outsourcing
Jul 15, 2012

Just the link. ...

Transcription Outsourcing, LLC
Aug 13, 2012

Has anyone started working here on their radiology account?  Any information? ...

Coding Outsourcing
Sep 30, 2012

MTs come here for opinions on whether coding will go the way of transcription.   Many coders give their opinion.  Many feel safe, some don’t know, and many see many opportunities within the field to move about and are not worried.   There you have it.  Why argue?  The MTs argue that the coders are wrong and try to show that it will happen and is happening.  We gave our opinion, we know how we feel, and we are IN the field.  Are you trying to war ...

A Thought On Outsourcing
Dec 08, 2012

Just a thought...if they are going to outsource our US jobs to India, then give THEM the ESL dictators from India!!  I don't care for them. ...

Fatal Outsourcing.
Dec 15, 2012

See link.  http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/fatal_outsourcing_thomas_hospi.html ...

This Is What I Don't Understand About Outsourcing
Jan 07, 2013

How can medical records which are so closely guarded in this country be sent to another country for transcription.  I think that most patients would be against having their sensitive medical information going to another country.  It doesn't seem that Mmodal could even outsource.  Is it because the public doesn't know? ...

Taxed For Outsourcing
May 08, 2013

...to those stiff tax penalties Obama was supposed to levy against companies that outsourced jobs?  If he, in fact, kept his promise, it doesn't seem like Nuance is bothered by it at all. ...

Outsourcing Coders
May 24, 2013

With all of this outsourcing of MT/Editors, what does the future look like for medical coders?  I have heard that Nuance has developed software to "assist" the coder.  My concern is that it is going to REPLACE the coder.  Any thoughts?  ...

Editorial Regarding Outsourcing
Aug 21, 2013

http://www.abqjournal.com/211443/opinion/unmh-outsourcing-an-economic-decision.html ...

Outsourcing Signs??
Jan 10, 2014

Hi everyone, new to this forum.  I work for a hospital and a lot of us are getting a bad vibe lately, we work from home but we are noticing little things happening, we keep losing our connections, Joblister keeps disconnecting and we are told the firewall is being updated.  Was wondering if anyone noticed little things like this before they were outsourced.  Thank you ...

Outsourcing To Nuance
Jun 26, 2015

Just found out the hospital I work for, along with the rest of the hospitals in the group nationwide, is outsourcing everything to Nuance.  Does anyone besides a troll have anything good to say about Nuance? And what is this "grid" thing--quality incentives no matter how fast/slow you transcribe? If you don't want their benefits, do you get more cpl? ...

Are There Any American MT Companies(no Outsourcing), Is So, Who Are They?
Sep 29, 2010

Is there a list of American MT Companies who do not outsource? ...

Outsourcing/offshoring Of Coding
Jun 19, 2011

I've been an MT for over 20 years and am seriously considering switching my focus to coding. I believe that I would be a good fit and am excited about starting a new career in the not-too-distant future. My main worry, though, is that in some of my research, every now and then something will pop up about coding going the way of transcription, and by that I mean all the offshoring/outsourcing that has been done, thereby driving wages down. Can anyone here offer any insight into this? I woul ...

TWITTER USED IN FIGHT AGAINST OUTSOURCING
Feb 06, 2011

You want to get your opinions about this travesty out use Twitter to do it.  I've seen several tweets in the last couple of months directed at the AMA about stuff like this. It certainly can't hurt to be heard given that they are followed by 80,000 people, right?  Pointing out the deficiencies & danger in outsourced work, identifying who the guilty parties are (Q among others), and why it's a reprehensible practice certainly couldn't do anything at this point bu ...

Outsourcing Companies Need To Be Regulated!!!!
May 10, 2011

With 12+ years in the business, 10 of which has been at home, working for at least 6 outsourcing companies..... I can say, for lack of a better expression, that the MT industry is seriously going to the dogs... changing each day, yes, but not for the better....  They expect you to work with zero training, not even a phone call to familiarize you with the system or account(s).  They pay by the line for training, which we all know there is a huge learning curve, so you basically make alm ...

RAPID OUTSOURCING IMAGING
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone ever pass the mttest for Rapid Outsourcing Imaging??? ...

HELP! My Hospital Is Outsourcing To Medquist
Dec 14, 2011

Hi Everyone - Question, my department of about 13 MTs were just notified last week that our hospital will be out sourcing to MQ. Now MQ was there and offered all of us positions. My question is, after looking at all these posts and from our own investigating, is MQ a good company or not? We are going from an hourly rate with the hospital to 9 cpl for typing and 4 cpl for VR and then 3 cpl for master editor or something. What we have found is that MQ is not such a "great place to work" as our hos ...