A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fatal outsourcing. - VickiK

Posted: Dec 15, 2012

See link.  http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/fatal_outsourcing_thomas_hospi.html

I guess some ppl dont read anything but what they - themselves post. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

OP - VickiK

[ In Reply To ..]
I did the dastardly deed of putting it up for the 2nd time. I was in a hurry, sorry if this was annoying. I scanned the board quickly and obviously did not see the first post. No real harm done. Geesh.

Between us, once again, I'm glad you posted this. - mraker

[ In Reply To ..]
It may have been accidentally unnecessarily redundant, but it brought up a different line of points in the responses, so still worth it as far as I'm concerned. Like you, I looked but didn't recognize the original (I realize that the farther I scroll down, the more and lower the snowflakes are, which can indeed "confuse" me). I don't understand why some posters had to be so snarky about it. A simple "This has already been posted under the title of..." would have sufficed, IMO.

Also, despite what another poster said, only when a poster requests their own post deleted is there a strikethrough remaining for a while as notification of a deletion. When the mods delete something of their own accord, it's immediately gone without a trace. Ask anyone who saw the appearance and disappearance of the webinar link on the Nuance board recently.

Thanks, I was trying to find this again. - mraker (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Deja Vu - Pete and Repeat

[ In Reply To ..]
Am I reliving this morning?

I know I shouldn't encourage this, but I missed whatever led... - mraker

[ In Reply To ..]
to the original post/s and apparently threads being deleted. Anyone who saw the responses that I missed like to clue me in a bit? Just a short synopsis would be appreciated.
don't know what you are confused about, - anon3
[ In Reply To ..]
This thread is a repeat of the thread not far below with the subject line of "$140 MILLION JUDGEMENT AGAINST PRECYSE," thats all. Nothing has been deleted and if it were, that would show on the board as well, so you know when looking for anything in particular.

In short, I guess you can say I don't get what you don't get here.
I obviously didn't realize the first post was still on the board. - mraker
[ In Reply To ..]
I also scanned the board quickly and missed it, partly because I thought it had a similar title to the above (I believe it was also posted on the company board at one point, but that's gone now ... I think). I haven't been one of the ones who complains about them, but the snowflakes can discombobulate me. Maybe I'll just turn off my Javascript for this site again (except I like being able to see the number of Likes and Dislikes and can't do that with Javascript off).

CRITICAL THAT YOU READ! - US MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Alabama hospital to pay $140 million for India transcription error (subcontractor for Precyse Solutions) This is only the beginning . . .

Fatal outsourcing - Schipperke

[ In Reply To ..]
It was inevitable. MTs have been predicting this sort of thing for years. It will happen again....

fatal outsourcing - corgi

[ In Reply To ..]
very interesting to read this; thanks for the link. I found it interesting that their standard in India is different than here for errors and also that the employees at the hospital didn't realize the work was being outsourced to India. I wonder how many patients know this is happening to their records and how many would prefer that they don't go off shore.
and how many mistakes go through that don't kill a patient - but do damage just the same. I believe
[ In Reply To ..]
those we'll never hear about, of course. These lawyers chasing after drug side effects or mesh implant recalls for law suits should just have people bring in their medical records for review and possible restitution gleaned from accuracy lost in translation.
I've heard of several unneeded amputations occurring on the wrong side... - mraker
[ In Reply To ..]
at least partly as a result of transcription error with right/left discrepancies. If you or a loved one is ever going into the hospital for an elective surgery, mark yourself with a marking pen on the side/area that IS to be operated on, and in the case of right vs. left, also the side that ISN'T.
I dont believe these happened b/c of MT error. More like - Dr error. Shouldnt Dr know what side? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
If a report is not flagged for discrepancy when both sides are mentioned... - mraker
[ In Reply To ..]
then it can be partly MT error too. I know of at least one case anecdotally, through a service I worked for, where that was the case.
Dr signs off, suppose to read report. If he doesnt, not MT - fault. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Then you believe the insulin overdose in the above lawsuit - was no fault of the MT/MTSO too?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Drs put their trust into MT's and nurses - Bottome Line
[ In Reply To ..]
There should be no reason for a busy physician to feel he has to read each report. Never. You hire people that have the ability to do their job professionally and double check their work if they're unsure. If the doctors need to check our work then they would be doing it all themselves. Common sense.
Yes, but.... - if I were a physician, ....
[ In Reply To ..]
#1 I would want to make sure I was as understandable as possible and #2 I WOULD want to at least scan through EVERY report before I signed it. Because EVERYBODY makes mistakes, and no matter how careful we try to be, we ARE going to mess up once in a while! Therefore, the more we have checks and double checks, the less chance there will be that the mistake will go so far as to cause harm to a patient. And believe me, I am NOT saying that releases the MT from all responsibility.
Doctor's ultimate responsibility to read what he signs - MTPockets
[ In Reply To ..]
The doctor is the one responsible for the medical content of a record. He should be diligent to read the reports to make sure they accurately reflect what he has dictated.
The discharge summary was waiting to be authenticated. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It was a big ol' mess of not following best practices, including doc referring others to use his DS that he apparently hadn't even looked at yet, so no chance to sign it. See in the comments here, from someone who testified at the trial:
I hope no dr cuts off my bum leg just based on something MT typed, - without knowing himself, which leg is bum. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
No, you hope your report does not go off shore for the - error to be made. We would catch L/R errors.
[ In Reply To ..]
this is not an MT thing - it is a FOREIGN issue and getting the work done cheaply, the risks involved...did you read that article all the way?
No, I hope the Dr takes the final step in the process, READING the - report before signing off. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
And I hope he is not so swamped with pts that he does not know me and my problem. But then, if he did not know me, I wouldnt be seeing him. I would have found someone better than that. Final thing done to a report, DR READ IT and signs off.
These things are NEVER the MTs mistake. Dr has final sign off - the buck stops with Dr. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
We "should" catch L/R errors.... - S/M
[ In Reply To ..]
....but don't always. I think a lot of American MTs are paid so poorly now that they don't (or can't afford to) take time to stop and question, research, or be as careful as we should be. With VR, MTs aren't being paid well enough, period, and I see MTs here on this board say that they've been pushed to just zip through reports as fast as possible since that's all they're being paid to do. It is quite easy to forget that the doctor said the opposite side at the beginning of the report if all you're paying attention to is what you're hearing at the moment.

I remember years ago, long before VR or off-shoring were even factors in the equation, that one of our human MTs typed that the patient had undergone a "baloney amputation." She "should" have caught that but clearly wasn't thinking and was typing just what she was hearing. Do you really think that doesn't happen with U.S. MTs, ever?
I agree with the poster above. It is the doctor's responsibility - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
that any report they sign is accurate.

I had a doc call me one day while working in-house wailing about an error a nurse had caught in one of his reports saying, "I don't read these things." He was extremely angry and wanted the MT fired.

If docs want accurate reports then they better fight for straight typing American MTs. It isn't that American MTs never make a mistake but we obviously make far less of them based on the fact that we are required to have 99% accuracy while an Indian MT is required to have 70%.

There were 36 medical errors from 2005 to 2007... - mraker
[ In Reply To ..]

where the wrong procedure or operating on the wrong site or wrong patient occurred.  No idea how many currently, but like I said before, as offshoring MT increases, the likelihood of this sort of thing happening increases as well.  And as this Precyse lawsuit demonstrates, MT can certainly be a part of the "chain of errors."

It's not that they don't know... (sm) - Angie
[ In Reply To ..]
They often dictate on "auto-pilot" which doesn't involved thinking, just habit, i.e. how they race and slur through PEs and ROSs.
This, again, is on the Dr. If they dictate on auto-pilot, all - errors are doubly on them. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
s

"Luckily," in terms of patient care, I think the risk of this happening again... - mraker

[ In Reply To ..]

is lower than might be expected since the nursing staff as well as the physician who signed the report without reading it (obviously) are highly implicated in this case as well.  But the point that the standards for accuracy are much lower for offshored transcription can't be emphasized enough.  Not that it will likely ever make a hill of difference to the bean counters, unfortunately, unless they take more hits or threats of hits to the pocketbook like this one.  I don't wish for that in terms of actual cases occurring, of course, but would definitely like to see malpractice suits include offshore MTSOs as defendants more often when they're actually a factor, which I think probably has been ignored a lot in previous cases. 

you are so very right. started with the MTSO - who sent it there sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and everyone else then played a part. The actual guilty party overseas, the doctor who signed away, the nurses who should have had a red flag go up upon reading it. went full circle, it did.

Yes, a huge circle of incompetency and negligence. - mraker

[ In Reply To ..]
I've often silently agreed with the posters here who claim that what we do is not overall that important to actual patient care but more to just billing. The fact that the med rec form was unavailable in this case and led to the medications list from the transcribed report being used is surely a very rare event, but maybe has happened more than we'd ever guess.

And the fact that even just one person's life was definitely lost as a result of initially a transcription error means that however low the likelihood of such occurring, it still could happen again (especially with inevitable increased errors with increasing offshoring), and there should be no acceptable risk in terms of such an accident happening. I know that I'll be a lot more diligent with dosages from now on as I edit/transcribe my own work.
the whole point of this article for us is the fact incompetent - INDIA MTs screwed up where we would know better an
[ In Reply To ..]
it all happened to cut corners on the cost of transcription.
I'm not sure "incompetent" is right -- - (see message)
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know any MTs in India, but the Indian people I do know here in the U.S. are very intelligent, gentle, and serious about education.

I don't know if "incompetence" is accurate. I think the fact that many errors are made on dictation that goes to India is more a problem with the language barrier....misunderstanding some words that are being said in an "American English accent" (as opposed to "British English," which they're probably more accustomed to hearing) and lack of knowledge about U.S. names, cities, business entities (like possibly misunderstanding that Home Depot is the name of a retail store and not typed "home Depo" as I saw on one report), etc., etc.

In the case of this fatal dosing error -- if you say "eight units" and very distinctly pronounce the "T" on the end of "eight," I can see where it might've sounded like "eighty," especially to the VR system. A human may have stopped and left a blank if they were unsure of the number.

In my opinion, the biggest problems with transcription accuracy lie with both VR and off-shoring to India.....possibly even just plain out-sourcing to other MTs around the country because of lack of familiarity with local physicians and their style of dictating. With so many docs, it takes a while to get used to what they typically say, and you just can't get that familiarity if you get a doctor's dictation one time and then maybe again a year or two later (if ever).
my opinion is what is...and you have yours. - done.
[ In Reply To ..]
X
Excellent points. Doctors need to know this. (sm) - Angie
[ In Reply To ..]
How many doctors in this country, if asked who does their transcription even know the name of the company, let alone which country or state it is in? I think most assume they still have an MT in their town who knows the names of all their associates, local businesses, medical facilities and surrounding cities. In at least half the Review of Systems and Physical Exams I transcribe, the dictation is so slurred that you cannot decipher everything they are saying because they aren't saying it, they are slurring it unrecognizably so that you have to spend time looking up their other reports to put the phrases together. An MT who was familiar with the doc would listen and say it was perfectly clear to her, just as I did when I subbed out my docs to MTs across the country. Doctors and medical facilities need to take SOME responsibility for accuracy of the records. They need to know who is transcribing them, that they are not in the same town, that they do not transcribe only for that doctor, and have likely never heard one of his Review of Systems dictations before. They also need to know that no one is being paid to research demographics and previous dictations, new drugs, dosages, etc. They need to know that we could be fired for taking the time to be conscientious because you can't spend more than half your time with hands off the keyboard and meet production requirements.

Bottom line is doctors and medical facilities need to get their heads out of the sand and recognize the current status of transcription services, and what they can no longer expect to receive from "their" MTs.
I don't necessarily agree with you - flipside
[ In Reply To ..]
We read posts on this board where people don't feel they are paid enough to look up dosages for accuracy. I could see this happening easily enough with any US MT who doesn't care about the quality of their own work due to being disgruntled. It could be someone we work with here in Small Town, USA, who is responsible for a similar error, not just in the offshore world of MT.
Not necessarily. The original error happened - because the SR put SM
[ In Reply To ..]
80 instead of 8. I am not up on all "normal" dosages but it is conceivable that this could have been missed by any MT now with SR onboard. Since we are being paid less and less for the same work and IMO they do not value our knowledge by pushing and pushing for more lines in less time, we are between a rock and hard place. Either value my knowledge and pay me for my time to research drug dosages or run the risk of errors such as these. It's all about greed and profit and unfortunately, according to what I read by someone who testified, the real problem was lost on this jury and not understood by the attorneys.

Something I don't understand. - If Precyse is the one doing the outsourcing,

[ In Reply To ..]
shouldn't they be doing QA on these reports that come back from overseas just like they do ours? I am relatively new at transcribing for nationals and don't know how this particular aspect works.

The nationals don't QA every report. No one does. - That being the case, theyre taking - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
a huge risk when they send such a large percentage of their work offshore, ask US MTs to edit it at top speed, for less than minimum wage, and then QA only a fraction of a percentage of it.

It's a miracle more people haven't died. Or, maybe they have, and we just don't know about it.

according to article, work went from offshore straight to facility. - did not even pass GO. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
and then it mentioned offshore standards no match to ours.

If it were me, 140 million or not, I'd go after EVERYBODY legally.

Outsourcing - me

[ In Reply To ..]
You're absolutely right, I work for a huge national and they took on a big hospital account and of course outsourced it and gave us ONE WEEK to QA the offshore work and offshore QA people. It was and is horrible with hideous mistakes being made, but we are on a massive quota that we are supposed to maintain including feedback. I was hurt by a wrong report as was a family member, and my injury was almost fatal. It should be a law that hospitals have to know who is doing their work.

yep, that was Precyse's second error in all this. - anon3

[ In Reply To ..]
First, they should not have off shored, and second...never ever have that crap send the reports straight back to the hospital. What were they thinking? Were they thinking?

They do not QA every single report. They depend on competent MTs. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
However, in the end the doc is responsible. They have to sign/initial every report they dictate as having been read by them. That initial indicates they are taking responsibility for the content of that report.

Doctors need to figure out that VR and off-shoring are not beneficial for their bottom line. American MTs are not perfect but they certainly are held to a much higher standard then their off-shore counterparts.

I worked for a major co. that didn't have any QA for the specialty I was hired for. - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]

You're dreaming if you think only Indians - make these kind of mistakes

[ In Reply To ..]
which is why I continue to maintain that any doctor who makes a decision based on a transcribed report is asking for trouble.

no they don't but in this case they did. this is about someone's death - with the choice to go cheap. And

[ In Reply To ..]
yep, that is a sore spot for the US MTs who are sitting here waiting for work.

OMG look what I just found.... - ....see message posted....

[ In Reply To ..]
... with the same title under the discussion "140K lawsuit". For one thing, I found several errors. AND they even make some derogatory comments about U.S. MTs!

no link or URL - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sorry. Here is the URL - me

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.medusind.com/ss-medical-transcription.asp
This is an Indian transcription company! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They send out ads just about every week with misspelled words and grammar errors.
Yes, I know - original poster
[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if Precyse has checked out their site! Also, did you see what they said about U.S. transcriptionists? Makes me angry!
Thanks. But what does that have to do with the 140K lawsuit? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
That apparently is one of the companies..... - Precyse
[ In Reply To ..]
....outsources to.

Nuance sent an email to MTs today regarding this. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You think they sent it to the Indian MTs?

READ remarks by one who testified in lawsuit - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
On MT Tools, more info is given on this lawsuit including remarks by one of the persons asked to testify for the defense. Interesting reading...I was actually rather angry after reading it but didn't post, wondering what everyone else thinks? One person commented about the poor US MT who is barely able to earn $20/hour, REALLY? Most working for the big MTSOs are pulling in far less, and would be thrilled with $14/hour!

Here is the link http://mttoolsonline.com/2012/12/17/the-value-of-quality-healthcare-documentation/

Similar Messages:

Please - Outsourcing
Aug 08, 2013

If it wasn't for outsourcing, we wouldn't have jobs. The hospitals are outsourcing to us. There is a difference between "outsourcing" and "offshoring." ...

Outsourcing Backlash
Nov 02, 2009

Medical transcription is not the only thing being outsourced.....Lots of info to Google re Boston Hyatt Hotels replacing long time housekeeping staff with people the staff trained.  It seems that everying, from the governor's office down, is outraged and want the housekeepers reinstated.  Hospitality Staffing Solutions are paying the new workers $8 per hour and no benefits.  The original housekeepers were making $14-20/hour with benefits and pension.   ...

Outsourcing Fiasco -
Nov 24, 2009

Click on link.  UK patient medical records end up on black market. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221186/Private-medical-records-sale-Harley-Street-clinic-patients-files-outsourced-input--end-black-market.html#ixzz0UVTq0qNI ...

DSG/MedQuist/Outsourcing
Jan 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me how closely affiliated DSG and MedQuist are, and if DSG outsources to India?  We all know MQ outsources, but I'm having trouble getting information. Thinking about working for DSG, but I don't want to go anywhere that has any affiliation whatsoever with MQ.  I've heard DSG uses MQ's software, just wondering how far they are in cahoots with the Q on other things, like outsourcing to India. ...

Outsourcing To India
Jun 15, 2010

On numerous occasions over the past year I was told by my CCM that the reason they are outsourcing to India is because there is a shortage of qualified MTs because the average age of an MT is 55 and they are starting to retired.  Like the infamous ***** and is ridiculous claim about 650 lph on ASR, that MTs have an IQ of about 6.    ***** Do not name/identify individuals.  Moderator ***** ...

NEW NBC SHOW ABOUT OUTSOURCING
Aug 31, 2010

I JUST WANT TO VENT.  I don't remember the exact name of this new NBC show making a comedy out of outsourcing - but I think we all need to find out who or where to write and tell them OUTSOURCING OVERSEAS IS NOT FUNNY!!  From what I gather from the ads the jobs go to India (I believe) and it's supposed to be so funny.  It's not freakin amusing in the least.  We aren't the only industry who have been royaly SCREWED by big companies.  T ...

OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone heard about or work for OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)?  Any info would be appreciated! ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Parable About Outsourcing
Jul 15, 2012

Just the link. ...

Transcription Outsourcing, LLC
Aug 13, 2012

Has anyone started working here on their radiology account?  Any information? ...

Coding Outsourcing
Sep 30, 2012

MTs come here for opinions on whether coding will go the way of transcription.   Many coders give their opinion.  Many feel safe, some don’t know, and many see many opportunities within the field to move about and are not worried.   There you have it.  Why argue?  The MTs argue that the coders are wrong and try to show that it will happen and is happening.  We gave our opinion, we know how we feel, and we are IN the field.  Are you trying to war ...

A Thought On Outsourcing
Dec 08, 2012

Just a thought...if they are going to outsource our US jobs to India, then give THEM the ESL dictators from India!!  I don't care for them. ...

This Is What I Don't Understand About Outsourcing
Jan 07, 2013

How can medical records which are so closely guarded in this country be sent to another country for transcription.  I think that most patients would be against having their sensitive medical information going to another country.  It doesn't seem that Mmodal could even outsource.  Is it because the public doesn't know? ...

Taxed For Outsourcing
May 08, 2013

...to those stiff tax penalties Obama was supposed to levy against companies that outsourced jobs?  If he, in fact, kept his promise, it doesn't seem like Nuance is bothered by it at all. ...

Outsourcing Coders
May 24, 2013

With all of this outsourcing of MT/Editors, what does the future look like for medical coders?  I have heard that Nuance has developed software to "assist" the coder.  My concern is that it is going to REPLACE the coder.  Any thoughts?  ...

Editorial Regarding Outsourcing
Aug 21, 2013

http://www.abqjournal.com/211443/opinion/unmh-outsourcing-an-economic-decision.html ...

Outsourcing Signs??
Jan 10, 2014

Hi everyone, new to this forum.  I work for a hospital and a lot of us are getting a bad vibe lately, we work from home but we are noticing little things happening, we keep losing our connections, Joblister keeps disconnecting and we are told the firewall is being updated.  Was wondering if anyone noticed little things like this before they were outsourced.  Thank you ...

Outsourcing To Nuance
Jun 26, 2015

Just found out the hospital I work for, along with the rest of the hospitals in the group nationwide, is outsourcing everything to Nuance.  Does anyone besides a troll have anything good to say about Nuance? And what is this "grid" thing--quality incentives no matter how fast/slow you transcribe? If you don't want their benefits, do you get more cpl? ...

Are There Any American MT Companies(no Outsourcing), Is So, Who Are They?
Sep 29, 2010

Is there a list of American MT Companies who do not outsource? ...

Outsourcing/offshoring Of Coding
Jun 19, 2011

I've been an MT for over 20 years and am seriously considering switching my focus to coding. I believe that I would be a good fit and am excited about starting a new career in the not-too-distant future. My main worry, though, is that in some of my research, every now and then something will pop up about coding going the way of transcription, and by that I mean all the offshoring/outsourcing that has been done, thereby driving wages down. Can anyone here offer any insight into this? I woul ...

TWITTER USED IN FIGHT AGAINST OUTSOURCING
Feb 06, 2011

You want to get your opinions about this travesty out use Twitter to do it.  I've seen several tweets in the last couple of months directed at the AMA about stuff like this. It certainly can't hurt to be heard given that they are followed by 80,000 people, right?  Pointing out the deficiencies & danger in outsourced work, identifying who the guilty parties are (Q among others), and why it's a reprehensible practice certainly couldn't do anything at this point bu ...

Outsourcing Companies Need To Be Regulated!!!!
May 10, 2011

With 12+ years in the business, 10 of which has been at home, working for at least 6 outsourcing companies..... I can say, for lack of a better expression, that the MT industry is seriously going to the dogs... changing each day, yes, but not for the better....  They expect you to work with zero training, not even a phone call to familiarize you with the system or account(s).  They pay by the line for training, which we all know there is a huge learning curve, so you basically make alm ...

RAPID OUTSOURCING IMAGING
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone ever pass the mttest for Rapid Outsourcing Imaging??? ...

HELP! My Hospital Is Outsourcing To Medquist
Dec 14, 2011

Hi Everyone - Question, my department of about 13 MTs were just notified last week that our hospital will be out sourcing to MQ. Now MQ was there and offered all of us positions. My question is, after looking at all these posts and from our own investigating, is MQ a good company or not? We are going from an hourly rate with the hospital to 9 cpl for typing and 4 cpl for VR and then 3 cpl for master editor or something. What we have found is that MQ is not such a "great place to work" as our hos ...

Overhiring Offshoring/outsourcing
Oct 07, 2012

The url link is a thought about where we are. It doesn't matter if we stop work, type one report a day, call in sick, because they have already overhired and they keep sending more and more work to India.  They won't even notice that we have not logged on to work.  Do it anyways, for yourself. It will be a statement about ourselves, for ourselves.  We matter.  I care that I have lost my income from a job I once really enjoyed.  I care that you cannot pay your ...

Send MT To Discuss OS Outsourcing PLEASE
Oct 16, 2012

because we could inform the President and all politicians how much income it has taken away from honest workers. ...

Cost Of Outsourcing Transcription
Jan 02, 2013

Interesting.   http://www.heu.org/news-media/news-releases/costs-outsourcing-medical-transcription-skyrocket-150-cent-just-four-years ...

OH NO--hospital Outsourcing To Nuance
Oct 15, 2013

Just heard our hospital is outsourcing 100% to Nuance. They are offering us our hospital pay for a while. Benefits marginal. I've read all the horror stories about them eventually sending all the work offshore and the US MTs making minimum wage doing all the worst dictators. Please tell me this isn't true. I've been with the hospital 16 years and will retire in 2 years. I'm so upset. ...