A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Such a tight job market I'm....sm - reduced to considering Focus?

Posted: Jan 31, 2010

I have applied to so many companies I can't remember them all and few got back to me, is this all that's left now? 

Don't feel bad - In the same boat

[ In Reply To ..]
I have applied with everyone including Focus and no one has even acknowledged I exist. It used to be where you'd sent out resumes and get an immediate response and 4 job offers on the same day..and now, nothing, nada.

I'm worse off than that. I'm thinking about returning to the MedQuist. - Heck finally froze over. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

that IS bad - sorry for you!

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't imagine having to go back there!! I hope things get better !!

Froze over for me too - MQ once again

[ In Reply To ..]
I made the mistake of letting posts here sway me to leave MQ after reading others had found much better jobs elswhere...worked for two of these supposedly "better places" and found out they were worse in some ways than MQ, especially with often having no work, horrible QA, and very poor management in my opinion. I went back to MQ in a different BOB this time around with accounts that are the best I have had in years, and plenty of work with OT most weekends. It seems that different service areas at MQ are like working for different companies, big difference in how you are treated depending on manager, QA lead, etc. If I had known this before leaving MQ, I would have just asked to be placed in a different service area.

Did you get your old rate back? - Glad things worked out for you. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I turned down what they initially offered and I - MQ once again
[ In Reply To ..]
ended up getting 1 cpl higher in the end than when I left. I told them one of the reasons I left was that I had not received a raise in 3 years. Does not hurt to negociate that initial offer especially if you have something to back you up such as quality audit scores and years of experience. I also did not burn any bridges when I left, gave notice, etc.

I left MQ because there was never enough work. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't EVER plan on going through that again. Sitting and waiting all day long to squeeze out a few lines while India gets all the work... Good luck to you. I hope you get a region that has work!

Similar Messages:

Diffuse (type/tight) Edema
May 26, 2013

bibasilar crackles and diffuse (s/l type/tight) rhonchi   ASR typed tight  ...

MT Market Research
Oct 15, 2013

Hey everyone, I'm doing some market research on transcription and was wondering if you might be able to give me some pointers? Firstly I'm trying to figure out who the biggest players are and I've come up with Nuance and M*Modal. These seem to be by far the biggest, but I've also found some smaller companies like Presyce, Superior Global Solutions, TransTech, Acusis and MedScribe - are there any others I'm missing? I'm also looking at the pricing these companies ...

In The Market For A New Computer
Jul 25, 2014

Don't know if I have the right board or not.  Anyway, I'm in the market for a new computer. I'm about ready to TOBAS (Take Out Back And Shoot) this one.  Do you prefer a laptop or a PC and why? ...

Anyone Out There Heard New Lowered Pay For MTs Is A Market Correction?
Sep 21, 2010

Pay has been cut by 25%, told we are lucky to have a job, that we have easy accounts,  and that our pay is a "market correction". That's encouragement from an employer! ...

I'm Out Of The MT Market... I Filed For Social Security Today
Nov 02, 2009

I have grown tired of looking for a job, and it just so happens I turn 62 next month, so I'm out of the MT market.  Goodbye to you MTSOs who play games with hard working people trying to put food on the table.  It's gonna catch up with you and as they say, "Jimmy Crack Corn and....."  I pray you MTs who are younger will find jobs or get out of this dying field.  It has really changed in the last 15 years, but radically changed in the last 2.  Goodbye.&nbs ...

MTSO's Shake Up Market For Outsourcing Transcription
Dec 09, 2009

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/new-entrants-improving-players-shake-up-the-market-for-outsourced-transcription-128192.php This article explains some of the top MTSO companies and notice that the first 5 out of 15 companies handle onshore than offshoring.  Again, is onshore United States and offshore is places like India?  Anyway, should open up article and read it.  Very, very interesting!!!!  This is only some of the article below. Despite the increase in of ...

Any Info On Market Pro On Job Board? Unable To Find Anyting. TIA
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

There Is A Mildly Positive "silver Skull Test" Indicating Some Tight Achilles Tendon And G
Jul 19, 2013

PE on right heel and foot.  I swear it sounds like the doc is saying 'Silver skull test'.  He's a temp for me and I'm completely unfamiliar with what this might be!  Thanks for your help in advance :) ...