A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Atlas Worldwide Transcription. I am a small MTSO in Pennsylvania and am - PALady

Posted: Nov 18, 2012

interested in obtaining some work from this company and I am wondering if anyone else has worked as a sub for them or knows of MTs that may work through the company.  Would appreciate any information about them if you have current knowledge of how they are to work with.

I contacted him and he only GETS 8.5-10 cpl from his clients so - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you would have to work for practically free, making no profit margin at all. How does this guy expect to partner with a service NOT an individual as his ad outlined by maybe paying out 6-8 cpl? That's what he would have to pay out in order for him to make a profit. So, where is the partners profit? Nowhere. He might as well hook up with some offshore service because he's NOT going to get any US service that is going to bother working with him. He needs to be realistic and just pull down his ad.

Similar Messages:

Anybody Familiar With Atlas Worldwide? Favorable Or Not?
Nov 27, 2012

nm ...

Anything About CLK Transcription, Out Of Pennsylvania?
Dec 15, 2011

Anyone know anything about CLK Transcription, out of Pennsylvania? Thinking of applying.  Appreciate whatever info you can share - Thanks! ...

Preferred Transcription In Pennsylvania
Aug 17, 2011

Does anyone have any info on this company re their oncology account, type of platform, pay scale, flexible as to working times, enough work.  I would appreciate any information provided.  I've been looking for oncology  work for quite a while now, and can't seem to get anywhere with this.  Thanks for your help. ...

Preferred Transcription In Pennsylvania Oncology Account?
Oct 03, 2011

Has anyone worked for Preferred on an oncology account?  If so, could you share your experience, please.  Looking for info on quantity of work, platform, ESL dicatators.  Is the account both straight and VR?  Flexible schedule?  Do they pay for spaces?  Thanks for your help. ...

Small Company Vs MTSO
Sep 08, 2011

I am beginning to think it's better to work for a small company than a big MTSO.  So many of the comments on here are really not in favor of the "big boys."  I'm sure it's partly old employees that dislike the company, but there seems to be less "drama" about the smaller companies.  I would LOVE to find a small company that uses the Emdat Inscribe platform. Thoughts, ideas on the subject or tips on smaller companies who actually pay? ...

Small MTSO Speaking Out ... SM
Aug 06, 2013

I've been a member of this board for years and feel it's time to speak out from a business owner's perspective.  I see a lot of negativity against MTSOs (maybe it's just the big ones but still it touches a nerve) and just wanted to give my 2 cents.Not all of us are greedy, mean, nasty, evil people.  I can't speak for everyone but as for myself, I don't consider myself that way at all and my team of transcriptionists doesn't think so either.  As a ...

Well My Small MTSO Keeps Losing One Account After The
May 17, 2014

other and now we are all scrambling for work.  Seems to be the sign of the times. ...

Tax Question. I Got Done Working For A Small MTSO Last January But She Was Late In Paying Me The La
Dec 26, 2009

so I did not get the checks until sometime in January/Feb.  She never sent my 1099 on time when I worked for her so I doubt I will even get one this year unless she decides to say she paid me more than she really did (which I would not put past her).  Do I have to claim the money she paid me in 2009 even though I should have received it in 2008??  With the two paid in 2009 that should have been paid in 2008 ($488.25) and the two that were supposed to be paid in 2009 ($418.25).&nbs ...

Summit Transcription - Small Company. Anyone
Jul 27, 2010

work there?  I am always hesitant about small companies having enough work.  They seem nice. ...

If Starting A Small Transcription Service, What Is The Best...sm...
Dec 08, 2011

Going Digital - I Run A Small Transcription Business
May 16, 2012

Hi, I need some advice.  I run a small transcription business (me, myself and I) and my doctors are still using casettes (I know, they are die-hards).  I am trying to switch over to digital and need some advice as to the best equipment to use.  I only have about five doctors so I don't want' to go into too much expense.  Can anyone give me any ideas for inexpensive call in systems and digital transcribers? Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks. Marj ...

Digital Transcription For Small Office
Jan 15, 2013

Does anyone know of a good digital transcription system for a small doctor's office  - any suggestions would be appreciated... ...

Anyone Heard Of Atlas Trancription In Michigan
Nov 05, 2009

Just trying to find out more information about Atlas Transcription in Detroit Michigan. ...

Beware Of Atlas And Mike Mitkowski
Feb 27, 2013

He is just out there to waste time...here are some of the usual replies you will receive after you have tested. 1.  You made a silly mistake so I want to go in a different direction. 2.  There was better so I will go in a different direction This guy only wants to get some files transcribed for free...keep away   ...

Anything About Diskriter Out Of Pennsylvania?
Nov 22, 2010

Does anyone here work for or know anything about Diskriter out of Pennsylvania? I'm thinking about applying with them, and I don't see any previous comments about them. ...

Worldwide Dictation
Jul 01, 2013

Does anyone have any information regarding Worldwide Dictation? ...

The Current System Of Coding That Is Used In The US Used Worldwide?
Sep 23, 2012

I was wondering about this and made a small attempt at trying to find out on the Internet but must not of phrased my search very well - is the current system of coding that is used in the US used worldwide?  Do other countries attach diagnoses and procedures to codes like we do and then bill whatever entity (government, private insurance, etc.) paying for medical services accordingly? ...

Aero Transcription - Are They A Good MTSO? (sm)
Feb 05, 2011

Is there plenty of work.  Can you have your own dictators on a regular basis?  Good pay?  Would appreciate any info.  Their website says they have subcontractors so I reckon that means IC status only. ...

MTSO's Shake Up Market For Outsourcing Transcription
Dec 09, 2009

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/new-entrants-improving-players-shake-up-the-market-for-outsourced-transcription-128192.php This article explains some of the top MTSO companies and notice that the first 5 out of 15 companies handle onshore than offshoring.  Again, is onshore United States and offshore is places like India?  Anyway, should open up article and read it.  Very, very interesting!!!!  This is only some of the article below. Despite the increase in of ...

Small Mouth Or Small Mouthed?
Jul 27, 2014

And is it hyphenated, or not? I find it both ways for both questions. Looking for input from the pros here, thank you. ...

The Sky Is Falling – College Closes Medical Transcription Program – MTSO Cut Out As
Nov 05, 2010

The sky is falling !!! Anyone else see this?  Is this an aberration or a portent of the direction Medical Transcription is heading?    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 College ends medical transcription program Recently Delhi University announced its Medical Transcription Program, for the first time, was producing better transcriptionists in India including South Asia.  In the meantime, San Juan College is closing its Medical Transcription Program stating that there is les ...

How Many "worldwide" Employees Does MM Have?
May 23, 2012

Anybody know and where did you find this info? ...

Small-bowel Versus Small Bowel
Jun 08, 2015

I've always just used "small bowel," but then noticed most put "small-bowel," I assume to differentiate it as being part of the intestine as opposed to a small, or little bowel.  Okay, that makes sense, so I stated hyphenating small-bowel.  However, I just got marked off by QA for putting in a hyphen!  No matter what you do or don't do, you're screwed!  I do believe they just look for ways to antagonize so you'll never feel appreciated.  ...

Just A Small Vent
Mar 12, 2010

I have one of "those" dictators.  I know. . . . . who doesn't, right? This guy is a native English speaker, but he's a speedy mumbler.  I struggle with him, but work on each one of his that I get so that I can get better.  Just when I think I'm getting better with him one of his comes back from QA completely marked up.  Some are changes that could be debated, but some are just stupid mistakes that I should have caught. I'm just frustrated ...

Small-bowel Or Small Bowel
Mar 16, 2010

hypen or no hyphen? ...

Do You Think There Will Always Be Small Companies? Sm
Jun 17, 2010

Also, although voice recognition has taken off, do you think there will always be companies that won't do it? I think I feel more comfortable with the small companies than the big ones.     ...

Small Pet Peeve
Aug 16, 2010

After struggling with names like Siobhan, Ahleksi (concocted to prove a point), and Yvan, I am so happy to have a "normal name" such as what sounds like "John Carter." Whew! Finally! A no-brainer! But I start to look it up-- no such thing in the data base. Well! It just happens to be "John Carter" spelled "Gionn Kharter." This is just a not-real-life illustration. But isn't it irritating when you finally get a regular-sounding name and it's not so regular, and the d ...

Small Vent
Aug 24, 2010

I wish my MTSO would stop asking people to work on Monday's.  You requested I work a weekend day and not M - F, so now deal with it. ...

Small ? Stools
Sep 10, 2010

she is nowing having some small s/l calvater? stools.  ...

Small ? Erosion...
Nov 06, 2010

In describing the patient's imaging, the hand x-ray showed "...OA, small s/l cystual erosion in the left lunate, nonspecific."  I'm not sure what she's saying. ...