A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This is what I don't understand about outsourcing - anon

Posted: Jan 07, 2013

How can medical records which are so closely guarded in this country be sent to another country for transcription.  I think that most patients would be against having their sensitive medical information going to another country.  It doesn't seem that Mmodal could even outsource.  Is it because the public doesn't know?

They claim to follow strict HIPPA regulations. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to see the HIPPA paperwork in India though. You think they have to sign anything????

Opps I meant HIPAA - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Absolutely not. US servers is how they get away with it. - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure you mean offshoring. They use US based servers which can be accessed from anywhere and supposedly the last people to touch the document are US MMEs so that is how they get around the HIPAA violations. Mmodal walks the fine line between illegal and legal like the best tightrope artist ever. They pay their lawyers well.

Someone posted something awhile ago about India doing Britain's transcription too and identities were stolen. It happens and probably more than we think.

What is there to dislike about this post? - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Because it states the absolute truth? I swear some people come on this site and just automatically dislike every post they read.
HIPAA is not enforceable in India - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
There have been instances, not with this company, where info was leaked after an Indian MT got pissed, notified a bunch of people on AIDs patients info..Also I think I once heard Medquist was doing VA work, which strictly states no overseas..the company I used to work for made me get a security clearnace (low level but still), wonder if MQ sent that over, wouldnt surprise me one bit...VA transctiption also demands a minimum of 15 per hr pay rate..Snd if you think you transcribe a bunch of accents,,you should hear the VA stuff, rots!!!

That is what I dont understand about.... - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That's the BIG problem with outsourcing..These countries have no STRICT GUIDELINES and CONFIDENTIALTY regarding anyone's Medical Records!! Nobody transcribing in India, the Phillipines, etc do not SIGN any CONFIDENTIALITY FORM! The patient's information FLOATS all over the internet and NO...the PUBLIC DOES NOT KNOW!!Who's gonna tell them, the hospitals, clinics, etc, trying to "SAVE A BUCK" by hiring CHEAP LABOR in some other country? Of course not!!!!

Ever wonder why identity theft is out of control? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
just as you said, infor all over the place for anyone and everyone to see..The best, well the only thing to do, Is tell everyone that will listen, and remind your doctors some of them are clueless also

Similar Messages:

Please - Outsourcing
Aug 08, 2013

If it wasn't for outsourcing, we wouldn't have jobs. The hospitals are outsourcing to us. There is a difference between "outsourcing" and "offshoring." ...

Outsourcing Backlash
Nov 02, 2009

Medical transcription is not the only thing being outsourced.....Lots of info to Google re Boston Hyatt Hotels replacing long time housekeeping staff with people the staff trained.  It seems that everying, from the governor's office down, is outraged and want the housekeepers reinstated.  Hospitality Staffing Solutions are paying the new workers $8 per hour and no benefits.  The original housekeepers were making $14-20/hour with benefits and pension.   ...

Outsourcing Fiasco -
Nov 24, 2009

Click on link.  UK patient medical records end up on black market. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221186/Private-medical-records-sale-Harley-Street-clinic-patients-files-outsourced-input--end-black-market.html#ixzz0UVTq0qNI ...

DSG/MedQuist/Outsourcing
Jan 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me how closely affiliated DSG and MedQuist are, and if DSG outsources to India?  We all know MQ outsources, but I'm having trouble getting information. Thinking about working for DSG, but I don't want to go anywhere that has any affiliation whatsoever with MQ.  I've heard DSG uses MQ's software, just wondering how far they are in cahoots with the Q on other things, like outsourcing to India. ...

Outsourcing To India
Jun 15, 2010

On numerous occasions over the past year I was told by my CCM that the reason they are outsourcing to India is because there is a shortage of qualified MTs because the average age of an MT is 55 and they are starting to retired.  Like the infamous ***** and is ridiculous claim about 650 lph on ASR, that MTs have an IQ of about 6.    ***** Do not name/identify individuals.  Moderator ***** ...

NEW NBC SHOW ABOUT OUTSOURCING
Aug 31, 2010

I JUST WANT TO VENT.  I don't remember the exact name of this new NBC show making a comedy out of outsourcing - but I think we all need to find out who or where to write and tell them OUTSOURCING OVERSEAS IS NOT FUNNY!!  From what I gather from the ads the jobs go to India (I believe) and it's supposed to be so funny.  It's not freakin amusing in the least.  We aren't the only industry who have been royaly SCREWED by big companies.  T ...

OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone heard about or work for OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)?  Any info would be appreciated! ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Parable About Outsourcing
Jul 15, 2012

Just the link. ...

Transcription Outsourcing, LLC
Aug 13, 2012

Has anyone started working here on their radiology account?  Any information? ...

Coding Outsourcing
Sep 30, 2012

MTs come here for opinions on whether coding will go the way of transcription.   Many coders give their opinion.  Many feel safe, some don’t know, and many see many opportunities within the field to move about and are not worried.   There you have it.  Why argue?  The MTs argue that the coders are wrong and try to show that it will happen and is happening.  We gave our opinion, we know how we feel, and we are IN the field.  Are you trying to war ...

A Thought On Outsourcing
Dec 08, 2012

Just a thought...if they are going to outsource our US jobs to India, then give THEM the ESL dictators from India!!  I don't care for them. ...

Fatal Outsourcing.
Dec 15, 2012

See link.  http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/fatal_outsourcing_thomas_hospi.html ...

Taxed For Outsourcing
May 08, 2013

...to those stiff tax penalties Obama was supposed to levy against companies that outsourced jobs?  If he, in fact, kept his promise, it doesn't seem like Nuance is bothered by it at all. ...

Outsourcing Coders
May 24, 2013

With all of this outsourcing of MT/Editors, what does the future look like for medical coders?  I have heard that Nuance has developed software to "assist" the coder.  My concern is that it is going to REPLACE the coder.  Any thoughts?  ...

Editorial Regarding Outsourcing
Aug 21, 2013

http://www.abqjournal.com/211443/opinion/unmh-outsourcing-an-economic-decision.html ...

Outsourcing Signs??
Jan 10, 2014

Hi everyone, new to this forum.  I work for a hospital and a lot of us are getting a bad vibe lately, we work from home but we are noticing little things happening, we keep losing our connections, Joblister keeps disconnecting and we are told the firewall is being updated.  Was wondering if anyone noticed little things like this before they were outsourced.  Thank you ...

Outsourcing To Nuance
Jun 26, 2015

Just found out the hospital I work for, along with the rest of the hospitals in the group nationwide, is outsourcing everything to Nuance.  Does anyone besides a troll have anything good to say about Nuance? And what is this "grid" thing--quality incentives no matter how fast/slow you transcribe? If you don't want their benefits, do you get more cpl? ...

I Do Not Understand
Nov 16, 2009

She had a bright or right tube placed endengia? I can't figure it out. ...

I Understand What You're Saying, But......
Dec 29, 2009

What you say is true, BUT when 90% of your work is off-shored except for 10% and you barely have any work, and the work you have is 100% ESL (the absolute worst dictators ever) you make minimum wage.  The fact that I'm a much better MT than the ILPs does nothing to comfort me at this point when I have bills to pay. If you don't believe this scenario, then you have not experienced it.  Try being in SA3.  BTW, I'm scheduled for 24 hours per we ...

Okay, Please Help Me To Understand....
Sep 15, 2010

Everyone says with VR you can double your line count. I want to know what was their line count typing? On my account, I can type anywhere from 250 to 300 lines in an hour. I've been doing VR now for almost 2 months. I'm editing around 300 lines in an hour, however, I'm being paid 50% less. I was told I would not have to work MORE hours to make the same, but would work the SAME hours and make more. I have an extensive autocorrect and use it a lot. I'm finding that many of the ...

Cannot Understand This
Oct 09, 2010

this is what it sounds like but makes no sense to me. can any one help. "Some low muffler quantative abdominal tenderness to deep palpation." ...

I Don't Understand
Dec 01, 2011

An 84 year old monitored for diagnoses of renal failure, anemia and hypertension. 586, 285.9, 403.90. It seems to me that the last code should be 401.90. I don't understand why the code 403.9 was selected.  The guidelines say you should "assign codes from category 403, hypertensive chronic kidney disease, when conditions classified to category 585 are present." There is only the 586, renal disease, present in this scenario. Can anybody tell me why a 403 code is appropriate here? ...

Let Me Understand This
Apr 14, 2012

So Amy will have four (4) one-on-One sessions each month.  But she will be going on maternity LOA (Leave of Absence) and will actually conduct six (6) sessions this month. Rules: Each month, if any of the US regional or India winners of  the 'MT of the Month' are  interested in a one-on-one session, they will be entered into a lottery and two will be chosen (one US, one India) for an automatic slot for that month.   To express interest for th ...

I Really Don't Understand Why
May 30, 2012

so many people on here have been looking for a position for months. It's not THAT difficult to find a job on here. I applied to a lot of places and heard back from just about all of them. What are you doing wrong that you can't find one when I found at least 10 of them? Perhaps you should all revamp your resumes?   ...

Can't Understand PA
Sep 15, 2012

Patient with trigger fingers. Patient was given injections into the A1 pulley of the 3rd digit - "Patient tolerated the injection well and without complaint. Following the injection, he did verbalize some relief of the discomfort. I went on to explain to the patient that this was merely a procedure done to try to *"mil-u-right"* some of the symptoms, however, I strongly recommended that he consider undergoing a redo right 3rd trigger finger release".   ...

Something I Just Do Not Understand
Apr 09, 2013

You know, I have worked in a health care facility ever since I graduated from college.   My supervisors have always tried to foster a spirit of teamwork -- how we all, working together, can accomplish the goals set out for us.  As a result, I believe in building people up, not tearing them down.  And I have seen such GREAT examples of that here.  When I first posted on this board, I was so upset about a job decision I had made that I was ready to quit, and with the ...

Don't Understand
Jul 07, 2014

We've been told emphatically to NOT put m2 for meters squared, to instead put sq. m., yet the software continues to put m2.  Why hasn't that been changed?  ...