A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know the going rate the services CHARGE - per line? sm Curious

Posted: Oct 10, 2011

what the difference is between what they charge and what the MT gets.  No company names needed, just curious.  I'm an independent MT looking to switch to a different group of docs in the Northeast. 

Thanks for any info. 

.15 to .20 a line - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Our hospital is paying a service 14 cpl. - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

13-14 cpl for the companies I work for. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Transcription Pay - MT2011

[ In Reply To ..]
The hospital I work for has informed us they are outsourcing to Transcend. We were offered a job with them for 4.5 cents per line for edited work. The 0.5 cents is for working PMs. Is this the norm for these companies?
Yes, unfortunately. - sm - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
4 cpl is very common, and sadly I have even seen 3! Check out the VR/Speech Recognition board for more discussions.

That has been a standard rate for over 10 years - Sowhythen

[ In Reply To ..]
Have the MTs salaries been cut in HALF?? Yep, brilliant idea whoever came up with the VR idea. Deepened their pockets tremendously, left ours empty, and we are working harder than we ever have. I never from day one listened to that garbage pitch about being able to do twice as much, and then when i was forced to do it or lose my job, i felt completely stupid/inadequate that i wasn't achieving what was supposed to be the "norm". Bad side of being at home MT? Isolation, no communication with your fellow MTs so you think you are the only one failing. Which is what deep pockets want. We need in each and every state regular group meetings even once a month. We have as much right to know what is really goin on as these company owners themselves because without us, there would BE no them! We are being degraded as a profession, a profession that requires a lot of skill and God knows the physical and mental wear each and every day!

If we stand together, we can fight this. I really like the above main top article about what is wrong with offshoring. I'm gonna print out a hundred thousand flyers of it and hand them out to everyone! Doctor offices, hospitals, law offices, anywhere real people can how their health records,identies, personal finances can be stolen! Now you know how the normal layperson will get mad as a hornet and start joining our cause too! Article explains concerns very well in easy terms. There are several good starting ideas to make our voices heard. Read it, go to ATA and sign the petition. That is a start! I will be the first to start a group here in the Atlanta/surrounding areas. Let me know who will stand with me. That is my promise to keep the AMERICAN MT! Any ideas moderator? Copy and paste this over on offshore concerns forum.

Think ill start notifying media like Dr. Phil. Think im kiddin? Please stand up with me. If you truly believe in this then it will be a whole lot more fun than waiting at your computer 12 hours a day waiting for that beloved ding you have one more job downloaded! Join me by a show of yes or nos either here or by my email. Help me start a wonderful blog too, for those who cant get to a group meeting? We can keep everyone up to date on the goings-on in our profession. I know i would much rather do something positive than come her and read the same depressing situations. Let me hear from all you serious about keeping our profession alive and profitable!

I will be the first to stand up in the state of Georgia and start a group. I am not afraid. Who will do this with me? I WANT to know the MTs who are struggling as hard as i am because i cant talk to a normal layperson without their eyes drifting off in confusion. May we can start a blog, city by city, state by state, put our heads together, make new friends and take baby steps to stopping offshoring now! Squeaky wheel always gets the grease....Please let me hear if enough of you would be interested...dont have anything better to do these days but wait for the next report to roll in. We can even take it to the media! Dr. Phil here we come!

I should post this on the offshore chat as well. Have any ideas moderator?

I know i repeated myself above, but tired - GAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Excuse my typos, i'm just so ready to get going and quit being depressed about. I have all these great ideas. Talk to your friends who dont get on here and see if they would be interested. We can do fundraisers to be able to do our monthly or whenever groups, pay for fliers and any other costs we have. We already know we're a poor group making what we used to and we deserve better. Maybe a movie how we turned around and got our profession back by fighting back? How cool would THAT be...okay getting super tired now. But we will also have huge support from many MTSO companies who still believe in this profession and will never offshore. Remember they have to worry about being put out of their livelihood too! We would do anything for our kids at their fundraisers right? Well, same good cause here! Sleep on it!

0.12 and get 0.07 or 0.08 depending on the acct. - nm -

[ In Reply To ..]
:-(

agree - 12.5 cpl where I work - depressing aint it? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

I believe it is more in the 25-30 cpl range. - frommanagersihaveworkedwith

[ In Reply To ..]
There are a lot of hospitals keeping their MTs because it is cheaper, but their MTs work very, very hard to keep it that way.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! - MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't seen even 16 cpl in over 10 years. Stop dreaming !!!!

Agree - nm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Maybe small time contractors, but the big guys make lots more. - some smaller ones do too
[ In Reply To ..]
I subcontracted from a lady that got 0.35 cents a line. The really large international MTSOs do charge that, too.
Uhm, there's a difference between 35 cpl and 0.35 cpl!! - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

~~ - ~

[ In Reply To ..]
~

I would name the company, but the request was not to. - Believe me, it happens.

[ In Reply To ..]
The last 2 places I worked were being charged that much. Of course, it is in your interest not to let people know what you really make.

Good grief. Shows what you DON'T know! LOL - Opinions are better formed with FACTS.

[ In Reply To ..]
You should have kept that one under your hat. LOL

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know The Going Rate For Legal Transcription In The Northeast?? I Am Looking To Charge B
Oct 04, 2011

nm ...

Hate To Ask This But What Is A Good Rate To Charge For VR Editing? Nm
Jul 14, 2013

Thanks! ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

What To Charge
Feb 27, 2010

What would you charge someone to listen to a file to help fill in blanks?  It is not an everyday thing and only a few files every once in a while.  This person wants to pay me for this and I have no idea what to charge. ...

How Do You Charge?
Mar 08, 2011

I am an independent subcontractor with one large account.  The hospital is switching to VR and I have been able to keep the account, but I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, or where to find info about this.  This is all happening over the next few weeks so I need to come up with a plan.  I currently charge a flat rate per line, and have not increased my fee in many years.  However, if I do editing work, do I charge per report?  I don't have a clue.  H ...

How To Charge?
Mar 09, 2011

As an independent subcontractor, how do I charge for editing as opposed to transcribing?  I currently charge a flat rate per line for transcription, but with my hospital switching to VR over the next few months I will be doing some editing as well.  I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, etc.  Any help appreciated! ...

How Much Should I Charge?
Dec 06, 2012

Hello!  I am a fairly new MT (2 years experience) and I am currently doing IC work.  I have been approached by a physician (that I used to work for as a medical assistant) to do her transcription for her as she has gone out on her own and has a private practice now.  It is a family practice, so pretty basic office visit notes.  My question is what should I charge her per line?  OR should I charge per report, per page, or what?  I'm not sure yet that her EM ...

EMR - How Much To Charge?
Feb 13, 2013

One of my groups is switching to EPIC and is requesting I prepopulate the return patient information into the system to generate individualized templates before their next clinic visit. No way to charge by the line. Anyone have any idea what the going rate range should be for this type of work? ...

What To Charge???
Apr 02, 2013

I have been asked to transcribe written reports....type the written reports.  I have never done this before....what is charged for this type of transcription?  I have only charged for transcribing dictated reports.   PLEASE HELP! ...

Help! What Should I Charge?
May 14, 2013

I have an opportunity to work with a local, successful Midwestern 6-physician ENT practice.  They want to know what I charge per line.  I'm currently with a larger MTSO and have been for years.  Back in the good old days I could charge my own clients by the gross line, 15, 17, 18 cents.  But those days are gone.  I don't want to lose the ENT group to an MTSO or other middleman. What is a fair rate for transcription (with no delivery or printing) these days?&nb ...

Help!! What To Charge
Feb 19, 2014

My husband's doctor called wanting me to do some transcription for them.  I am not sure what to charge.  She is ESL and can be difficult as I have gotten some of her work through the hospital account.  These would be clinical notes, straight typing.   She has put them on tapes.  Of course, needs them sometie in March -- over 100 of them.  Also I have Word 2007 and 2010 -  do they have a line count feature.  It has been a very, very long time ...

So Just Who Is In Charge Of OT - BR Or PK? Can Tell BR
May 01, 2015

is back with the MOT.  Makes you wonder why that wasn't so important while she was away. Mmmm - power/control trip!?! ...

IMEs - How Much To Charge
Sep 16, 2012

Hi!  Can anyone give me an idea on how much to charge to doctors for transcribing IMEs?  Also, going rate if working for service transcribing IMEs.  Thanks.   ...

Keystroke Charge
Feb 05, 2013

Has anyone heard of charging for using the shift key as a keystroke, meaning if you capitalize something, you basically get 2 characters instead of 1? ...

Unbelieable Charge
Mar 01, 2013

Just thought I would share this.  Back in September, I had to go to an Urgent Care Center for a nosebleed.  It just wouldn't stop.  I finally received the doctor's bill in February. Luckily my insurance paid almost all of it.  But there was a $10 charge for "Services provided between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m."  I just couldn't believe that.  I wonder sometimes how people get away with things. ...

What To Charge For Rad Reports?
Apr 08, 2013

I have been an IC MT for 10+ years but have always been compensated by CPL. I have been approached by a small clinic to transcribe their RAD reports.  What is the going rate per report these days?  TIA ...

Price To Charge
May 04, 2013

What would you charge for a private account if you had to use a printer and had to pick up and deliver the work? ...

Need Help With CHARGE Syndrome Dx.
Jul 07, 2013

Hey all, I'm doing a psych report and one of the diagnoses is CHARGE syndrome. My question is--do I spell it all out?  Or is an accepted abbreviation for the diagnoses section? CHARGE stands for the following:   Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the  choanae, Retardation of growth and development,  Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hearing loss Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the choanae, Retardation of growth and development, Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hea ...

How To Charge For EMR Work
Oct 23, 2013

I currently transcribe from home for a  local ortho clinic.  When they switch to EMR and I can convince them to keep me to transcribe, what is the best way to charge for my work?  Per patient entry (how much?) or still do the per line thing using cut and paste from Word.  I need to keep it simple and relatively cheap in order to try to keep their work.  I certainly do not want them thinking they should be able to do their own starting at a keyboard while in the exam room ...

Best Way To Charge In 2014
Jul 21, 2014

Hi - I was just contacted by a neuropsychologist I worked for years ago in the office, about transcribing reports for him from home.  I have scoured the boards and I did not see anything current about what to charge. I live in western PA.  He says the reports are somewhat repetitive. If you charge by the page, does that mean half a page is the same price as a full page? I thought by the page would be simplest for calculating what they owe, but not sure.  Setting up how to receive ...

Fair Charge Per Line In GA
Jan 01, 2010

I'm thinking about trying to go out and get my own doctor's office and have a question about what is a fair rate per line in the state of Georgia. I've been doing some research but there seems to be a huge range. Can anyone tell me if $0.18/line seems fair? Thank you for any help or information!!!! ...

Which Companies Charge A Fee To Use Their System?
May 19, 2010

Fast Chart, Silent Type and Transform I have read about on this board. Any others? Thanks! ...

Unsure Where To Post, But What Would You Charge Sm
Jun 28, 2010

per audio hour of dictation?  A company wants me to quote this fee to them and I have never calculated this as I usually charge by line or page, etc.  Thanks for any and all advice!  ...

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

What Would You Charge Per Line For A Doctor With
Jul 13, 2010

Is it legal to charge an hourly rate as an IC.  If I charged by the page, what would you charge?  I am thinking they are clinic notes.  I don't have a problem transcribing heavy accented dictators, but until I learn him, it will slow me down a bit. ...

Charge For PQME Reports
Aug 14, 2010

I have been approached by a doc to transcribe only pQME reports- up to four per month.  These will be anywhere from 20 to 60 pages long.  Does anyone currently do this?  I am trying to figure out a fair price to charge as they want a per line charge.  I cannot find any info on the net as to the going rate for this type of sporadic work.  Any help out there is greatly appreciated.  ...

Charge For Invoice Prep
Jan 01, 2011

I am an IC. Just told must invoice company I have been with for 5 years, with lines per day, cpl, etc. Do I charge for this and if so how much? Never had to do this before. ...