A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Flat rate cpl for editing and transcription? - Hope2881

Posted: May 17, 2012

Ladies and gents, I am hoping to find an employer that will pay a flat line rate for both editing of SR and transcription. Does anyone know of anyone that is doing that? This business of being paid 2 different line rates makes it impossible to forecast earnings and is causing a huge headache for me. I am thinking a flat in the 7 cpl to 8 cpl would be something I would consider. I cannot believe I am saying that - 10 years ago I was working in a great hospital job making 12 cpl. My, my, how our world has changed. Any info would be appreciated!

That would be nice.... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
But I don't know if it can be found. I haven't seen any jobs offering a flat rate ever.

Similar Messages:

Flat Page Rate
Nov 01, 2012

Can anyone tell me if they know what a flat page rate is? I have no idea if it means a full page, or any kind of a partial page. I am an IC and I have always been paid by the line. I have come across this and just need to know before I apply. ...

Sorry TTD, Inc - Your Editing (3cpl) Is 37% Of Your MT Rate (8 Cpl)
Oct 27, 2009

Even Focus pays 50%....even MQ pays 60%!! Come on!   ...

Per Word Editing Rate?
Jun 24, 2010

I am being offered an editing job, and the company wants to know what my per-word rate would be for editing. I've never done per word before, so I'm wondering what a reasonable rate would be? Help! I don't want to undersell myself, but I don't want to give out a totally unreasonable amount. Thanks in advance! ...

So Is Their Rate 8 For Typing And 4 For Editing?
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

What Is The Typical Per Minute Rate For Editing As An IC? Nm
Jan 29, 2010

x ...

Hate To Ask This But What Is A Good Rate To Charge For VR Editing? Nm
Jul 14, 2013

Thanks! ...

Transcription Editing
Apr 19, 2012

I have been a  remote IC for over 10 yrs and am looking for information about doing editing.  I would like to hear from someone who has been doing editing in regard to how much work there is out there and how much money is to be made and does it compare to straight typing. ...

VR Editing Or Traditional Transcription???
Mar 08, 2011

I've been offered a job that is primarily VR editing and also a job with traditional transcription.  Where am I going to make more money.  I usually produced approximately 2000 lines a day with traditional transcription but have never done VR editing.  HELP!!! ...

Transcription/editing For The Kardashians
Dec 14, 2011

Perhaps we could 'correct' them each time one of the Kardashidiots says "he and I" when she should say, "him and me," etc., which, if we charged them, let's say, $10,000 per mistake per episode, we could easily make upwards of a million per week, ourselves...what say you?  ...

What's More Lucrative - VR Editing Or Transcription?
Mar 22, 2012

I have transcribed for 22 years.  This week I started to learn VR editing.  I am making less than minimum wage.  Will my pace pick up to match my transcription pay equivalent to $3,000 a month or should I stick with transcription?  ...

If Not Transcription/editing Then What Other Careers?
Jun 24, 2012

Hi all  It seems alot of people on here are discouraging people from getting into the field. But, I've been wondering, what then would be some good alternative fields to get into? I can type 90wpm and am good at organizing things. I haven't worked in like 2 years (due to agorophobia)  and I need to get my life back on track. I need to go to school for something, but I'm just not sure what to get into if not medical editing. ...

Coding V. Transcription/Editing
Aug 22, 2013

Hey Everyone! I'm going to take a chance and attempt to get some objective answers to my questions. I'm interested in pursuing training to become an MT/Editor, mainly because I'm very interested in working part time from home. I'm an extremely diligent worker with a lot of attention to detail and am very self-motived, which makes me feel like I may have some of what's needed to do the job. I currently work as a law assitant, which is a great job in an extremely crappy w ...

Apparently Sten-Tel Is Offering 2 Cpl For Editing And 5 Cpl For Transcription
Mar 22, 2013

. ...

What Focus Infomatics Pays For Transcription Versus Editing?
Nov 02, 2009

Does anyone know what Focus Infomatics pays for transcription versus editing? ...

Rate For General Transcription?
Nov 18, 2009

Is it the same 10 cents per line as medical?  I am out of work right now with over 2 years of experience.  I have been checking out freelance websites, and the pay seems pretty low.  It is sometimes described as dollar amount per audio hour or as an hourly rate.  They list the hourly rate as about $5 an hour or less.  Is it because the work would be easy?  Should I bid for a job and offer 10 cents a line?   I need some work so badly I just don't know what ...

General Transcription Rate
Aug 24, 2010

What would a good rate of pay be to do general transcription?  This is not medical transcription, but general audio like a phone conversation or meeting.  ...

Using Dragon Medical Practice, Version 2 For Transcription, Coding, Billing, Editing - Is It Worth I
Dec 29, 2014

It was recently suggested to me that I get Dragon Medical practice Edition, Version 2 for use on transcription, coding, billing and editing. As someone who works from home, I am hoping to investigate the pros and cons of investing in this program and whether its worth it ($1,399.00!!) Does anyone have any experience using this program for transcription, etc who would like to comment? Is it worth the time investment and the money investment? Is the program fairly easy to set up and use ie: l ...

Focus Group Transcription Rate
Nov 22, 2010

Could someone tell me what their hourly rate is for transcribing focus groups?  I had someone ask me for an hourly rate today and I am not sure what to charge.  TIA! ...

What Is The Going Rate In The Midwest For Straight Transcription And For VR?
Oct 25, 2012

I submitted my resume for an IC position and received an email requesting that I submit a proposal of what I expected to make per line for straight transcription and for VR.  With 20 years as an MT, I felt that my proposal was pretty fair.  I said 8.5 cpl for straight transcription and 5 cpl for VR. I received an email from the company telling me that generally thye pay their ICs 7 cpl for straight typing and 3 cpl for VR and asked me to consider lowering my quote.  I was fl ...

Radiology Transcription Rate Question
Nov 14, 2012

Hello all.  I am a very experienced acute care MT, 13 yrs in the business, all specialties, ESLs, all work types, etc.  I have been wanting to get out of the MTSOs for quite some time. I was recently offered an in-office job at a radiology center for part front-office work and part radiology transcription.  I was very clear to them that I had no specific training in either, but they actually hired me.  I am tickled pink.  I think my acute care experience helped in terms ...

Does Anyone Know The Going Rate For Legal Transcription In The Northeast?? I Am Looking To Charge B
Oct 04, 2011

nm ...

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

They'll Tell You Anything, Flat Out Lie Even, To Get You
Oct 04, 2012

Then once they have you, watch out.  Nuance lies.  They lie to everyone they take over, i.e., the pretty great company and pretty great pay you were making before; kiss it goodbye.  They lie.  I just want to warn all of you considering your options.  I wish I had been warned because I had no idea it would be this bad.  I would have recorded my phone conversations and saved all the E-mails if I'd known.  Be smarter than I was.  I have been here 1-1/2 y ...

Prostate Is Flat
Nov 11, 2009

I am having extreme difficulty with a dictation. I have read some other post, but when I ask a transcription advisor at Allied, if in fact the doctor is saying "flat", I'm told no. Anyone have any idea what is being said? The sentence is " On digital rectal exam the prostate is (flat, flas, flaccid) without firmness or nodularity." Thanks for any help on this problem. ...

Flat Burnt Out On My Job.
Dec 09, 2011

New QA's and they are "redoing" everything, including report formats.  We've had to correct them on a few items and yet they storm ahead and are making work miserable.  Doctors I've typed for now over 10 years and the new QA person acts as though I'm new and never heard his dictation and "here's how it should be from now on."  WTH? Seriously?  She changes words and puts in the wrong words, not even what was ever said, and then my pay hurts because of ...

Under Neurological: Patellars Were Flat (should It Be Patellas??) Not Sure
Oct 28, 2009

NM ...

Ortho - Flat Feet - Alterdix?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm doing an ortho consult and the patient has a history of long-standing flat feet and he uses (Alterdix?) for that.  I'm thinking it has to be some kind of shoe or device.  Not a medication because he says he is not taking any medication.    Also, just a side note - should it be a "long-standing history of flat feet" or is it correct the way it is "history of long-standing flat feet".   Thanks, ...

Flat 4 Cents A Line Starting Feb 1???
Jan 15, 2011

Noticed in the MQ MT "rewards" plan  (wow I can't even type that w/o laughing), that as of Feb 1 the pay will be a flat 4 cents per line for ASR.  It does say this applies to new hires only; however, it says if hired prior to Feb 1 the editing  rate will be "equal to the greater of 60% of the transcription base rate."    What does "equal to or greater of 60%" mean exactly?  Does that just mean 60% of your regular straight transcription rate like it is now?&nbs ...

Best Way To Clean A Flat Screen Monitor?
Nov 29, 2011

I try not to even touch the monitor too much because of the plasma (or whatever it is inside there) but my flat screens could really use some cleaning.  What do you use to clean yours?  One of ours even has a smudge of nail polish on it where one of the girls pointed at something and and her nail polish rubbed off on the monitor.  Help!!! ...

My Flat Screen Monitor Has Like A Film On The
Jan 02, 2012

screen and I cant seem to get it off.  I dont know what it is.  It is a whitish film smeary looking.  Any suggestions. ...