A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Good editing platform besides Escription? - Salty

Posted: Sep 18, 2013

Have worked with Escription, liked it, just wondering if there is another good VR platform someone is working in that they think is okay. Thanks

I've heard that Dictaphone is second best to Escription. But Escription/EditScript - seems considered generally best overall. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Why Is Escription Considered A Good Platform?
Jan 24, 2010

nm ...

Instructions On Editing Escription Type VR
Dec 06, 2010

Anyone know where I can find instructions on editing escription type VR.  No one really gave me any at my office and I am not sure I am doing it exactly right or how to do some shortcuts or whatever so that I can make some speed.  TIA ...

Escription Editing SR Leaving Black Lines
Dec 23, 2014

Hi, has anyone ever had problems with Escription when you are editing leaving black marked out lines when you backspace or use the delete button in the text?  ...

How Is The EScription Platform?
Aug 17, 2012

Do you find it fairly productive & user friendly?  How's the VR? Thanks. ...

New Editing Platform Rules Inquiry
Oct 08, 2013

Hello, We are preparing to switch to editing and are working on a fair guidelines for the MTs.  What are the industry standards of expections for things such as correcting if a dictator says something like "laboratory studies" and the draft comes through as "laboratory data" - do you correct it or leave it?  What about things like numbers that begin a sentence?  Correct or let it go?  Any advice you can give would be appreciated.  ...

How Much Can You Produce On Escription Platform?
Apr 22, 2010

Once you are up to speed on Escription platform, what is a reasonable number of lines per hour you can produce (low to high)?  Thanks in advance. ...

Escription Platform Question
Feb 16, 2012

Is there anyway to retreive a report or part of a report after my computer burped and rebooted itself.  The report went back into the Que, but the report I had done so far is not there.  Would it be stored somewhere on my computer?  Help - this is happening too much today and I am losing lots of reports.  ...

How Can I Be Very Productive Using EScription Platform
Aug 28, 2012

Only being paid 3.7 cpl.   I normally average 250 lines per hour straight typing.  I need to try and get that equivalent in pay.  TIA ...

Need Info On Escription Platform Please (sm)
May 09, 2013

Hello all, have joined new outfit. Anyone willing to share any tips or suggestions for Escription platform? I'm told it is Word based. I'm curious about text expander use. The information mentioned Autotext, Autocorrect and other tools embedded in Word, but also mentioned certain issues related with text replacement. Any suggestions or tips will be much appreciated. ...

Is EScription A Company, Platform, Or What? Nm
Dec 21, 2014

. ...

Frustrated With EScription Platform!
Jan 25, 2015

Is there any way to easily get capitals to change when you add or remove a period? It's so frustrating when, for example, when you take a period out and the next word doesn't automatically capitalize like it does in a lot of other platforms.  Word macros don't seem to work.  : (   ...

Help Determining Industry Standard For Editing Platform
Apr 05, 2013

I supervise a group of transcriptionists who are offsite but work as hourly employees.  They work on a Nuance editing platform, but also do Radiology.  Currently they are required to do 15 min/hr and do 15 xrays/hr on an editing platform (PowerScribe) as well. The numbers are outdated and I want to up the amount of xrays they edit an hour, but am unsure what the industry standards are.  Does anyone know: 1.  What the industry standard is for how many x-rays you are required ...

VR Platform Escription Versus Dictaphone
Jun 03, 2010

Can anyone tell me how difficult to get lines with escription and dictaphone VR?  Also, any info on TTS would be appreciated also.  Good, bad, ugly?  ...

Is There Any Other VR Platform Besides Escription That You Can Make Money On? Sm
Jun 16, 2010

I know everyone loves Escription, but just wondering if there were other platforms out there. ...

Is It Possible To Work Escription Platform On Satellite Internet?
Apr 19, 2012

I realize we were told that we cannot use satellite internet with Escription program, but has anyone actuallyl tried doing this?  I live where they only have satellite internt and commute to a large city, so I can work for Nuance.  So far this has worked out okay, but I really would like to be home more.  Am just wondering if this is possible.  ...

Companies That Use Escription. On The Platform, My Autocorrect Doesnt
May 26, 2014

it will work, and then the next time I try to use the same correction, it will not work. Am I doing something wrong? Is it the platform? Any suggestions? ...

EScription Production - Makes A Decent Living Using This Platform
Aug 20, 2010

I would like to know if anyone makes a decent living using this platform.  Any comments appreciated, i.e., average lines per day, hour, anything to give me better understanding.  Thanks. ...

Companies Who Hire Part-time With The EScription Platform
Nov 22, 2010

Can you tell the names of companies who hire part-time with the eScription platform.  Wanting to learn this...   Thanks! ...

Infinity Foot Pedal Issues With EScription Platform
Oct 19, 2013

I just received my Infinity USB foot pedal from PCDictate.  I am employed with Nuance using the eScription platform and I am unable to get this foot pedal to work.  Can anyone who works on the eScription platform (preferably with Nuance) tell me what settings to use so this thing will work?  I'm about at my wits end.  I'm beginning to think the old pedal I had was fine and I spent money for nothing.  I have a new computer and it shows the pedal IS installed and functional, but it ...

Amphion's Triton Platform. Similar To Escription? Is It Word Based?
Jul 15, 2010

Does it have a built-in expander?  How many lph do you average?  Any info would be great? ...

Check The Foot Pedal Settings Or Lack Thereof On The Escription Platform?
Apr 04, 2012

I forget this, I know it is easy, but how do you check the foot pedal settings or lack thereof on the escription platform? Thanks for your help. ...

What Do You Consider Good/great Pay For VR Editing? Sm
Feb 26, 2010

I know that most companies are going to VR but since I have only worked in house until now, I have no idea what is considered good or great pay.  Can some of you that are happy doing VR and making good or decent wages please share what you consider good or great pay and what is realistic in terms of production?  I have heard 3x your regular production, 2x regular production and less production.  I am really confused and need to be able to compare apples to apples. Thank you ...

What Do You Consider A Good Income For MT/editing, Not Cpl But $$
Aug 09, 2012

I do not mean a per line rate, as that will equate to different incomes for different MTs. What do you consider a reasonable annual income for a combination of MT/editing; $25,000, $30,000, $40,000, or more?  My income was $47,000 in the past, and will probably drop to $37,000 this year.  I don't like it, but I do not have a degree, jobs are not plentiful, and I am thinking that in my rural town, I will not do any better, especially considering clothes and gas, etc.  I stil ...

Hate To Ask This But What Is A Good Rate To Charge For VR Editing? Nm
Jul 14, 2013

Thanks! ...

Proscript, Escription, Is This A Good Place?
Feb 06, 2010

xxxxx ...

EScription - Good, Bad, Easy, Difficult, Frustrating
Nov 14, 2011

How is the eScription software - good, bad, easy, difficult, frustrating, blah, blah ...

Companies Utilizing EScription And Good To Work For With Okay Pay
Jun 12, 2014

Hey there MTs out there.  Are any of you with a good MT company (only want IC position) that use eScription VR and are being paid a decent wage as well as hiring.  Anything under 4 cpl is not good in my book.  Thanks so much for responding and giving me your time.   ...

TTS Good Dictators, Easy Platform, Etc.?
Feb 07, 2015

Two questions please: Does anyone working on the new oncology account and if so, how is it? Good dictators, easy platform, etc.? Secondly, is it just me or does TTS have more paperwork for a new hire than I have ever seen in my life? I've surpassed 75 pages at this point and the emails are still coming!! I've never worked for an MTSO that does this. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...