A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bad mouthing previous boss - KimBerly

Posted: Apr 16, 2013

Just found out that indeed my old boss is stating that I walked out and gave her no notice; which is NOT true... OMG... I'm speechless.

Let them know you will sue - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Does this former "boss" have a boss above her? If so, I would contact that person and tell them you will sue if they provide any information other than your dates of employment and position.

Sadly - KimBerly

[ In Reply To ..]
She owns the company.

I would still send her a cease and desist letter/slander - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's worth a shot and maybe since she isn't some big corporation, it will be more likely to spook her into not lying about you.

She really should be telling dates of employment only and your position. They can legally answer yes/no if they would rehire you but not go into detail, especially if she is lying.
Not entirely accurate - there is
[ In Reply To ..]
a great deal of misunderstanding about what a former employer may tell a prospective employer. They may tell them anything as long as it is true. Because of fear of lawsuits, many companies have a policy of only giving dates of employment, salary, and the yes-or-no question mentioned above. However, that is not a law. It is a policy adopted by some companies. Other companies have no such policy and will provide other information.

That said, if what the OP's former employer is saying is untrue, she should, by all means, take action to ensure that only accurate information is being shared about her.

hopefully, you gave notice in email and have a copy? - I would include it in references. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

My Thought, Too! - You can prove her wrong...

[ In Reply To ..]
Hopefully, if you did this in person or on the phone, you sent a followup e-mail IMMEDIATELY. "Per our phone conversation today, [date], etc..." And I also hope you asked for a reply so you knew she received the e-mail so there would be no misunderstanding.

Even if you did the original resignation via e-mail, I would have sent a followup e-mail with the original e-mail below, stating "I'm verifying to see if you received...," if you hadn't heard back from her.

How is this affecting you? - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
Not to scoff at your concerns, but is this really going to affect you? I am wondering if you are just hearing this from others or if a potential employer told you.

If the employer is just mouthing off to folks ingeneral, I would ignore it. If you have not heard it yourself, it might be blown out of proportion.

How much notice did you give? People have different expectations. The employee might think a few days to a week is appropriate, but an employer might feel put out if you gave 2 weeks or a month and she got in a bind because she could not find a replacement.

As for sending letters telling her to stop, I would be careful. You do not want to annoy her further. She is not going to stop because you said so, either. She will just be more sneaky about it.

If you gave notice in writing, and we know you surely did, and it shows that you gave the notice she requested, you have evidence in case you need it. Other than that, just ignore her. Don't get embroiled in her drama. Don't create drama on your own. You cannot control what people think,so justrise above it.

She doesn't happen to be in Maine, does she? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

sadly No, not in Maine - KimBerly

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Anyone Heard Of A Boss Or Boss Reamer?
Sep 06, 2011

Anyone heard of a boss or Boss reamer? Thanks in advance. ...

Previous Report Look Up
Mar 08, 2010

In spite of everything else, I was determined that THIS was going to be a good thing; however, after E-mails to supervisor to get password and then jumping through about 20 hoops was informed that there were no reports available for this dictator for the last month.  I guess this was his first day on the job? Good grief.  More cr*ap.  ...

This Is From A Previous Post. But I Thought
Apr 15, 2012

discussion and wanted to bring it to the top where everyone would get a chance to see it. The post stemmed from an ad where they were offering to pay $10 to $11 an hour for MTs. It dawned on me that if they can afford to pay that hourly then they can afford to raise rates. This is the reality of many MTs right now. How many on here do you read about griping over min wage pay? LOTS! The calculations that I make just lays it all out there. I used these figures as an example to show t ...

CORRECTION To Previous Post
Sep 29, 2012

The company I saw an ad for was Administrative "Assistance"  (out of Michigan) - not Administrative "Associates" - my mistake! ...

How To Look Up Previous Reports On Chartnet?
Nov 09, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to look up previous reports on chartnet?  Thanks! ...

*ITS T-nail* From A Previous ORIF Of Hip
Sep 20, 2013

The patient had a previous ORIF with a *ITS T-nail* of the right hip for an intertrochanteric fracture.  I can't verify.  Thanks. ...

Undercover Boss
Jul 01, 2011

I would welcome the MQ CEO if he wanted to pretend to be a game show contestant and come to watch me work.   Wouldn't that be a learning experience! ...

Boss's Day Snub
Oct 21, 2012

I sent my manager an email wishing her a Happy Boss's day this week...never heard a peep. I guess it's too hard to get a simple thank you these days, but I did get several emails this weekend saying the queue was overflowing and they were getting behind. Since she ignored me, I ignored her. Guess they're not too busy when they want to get their bonus, right? ...

My Boss Just Told Me... Sm
Jul 18, 2013

that a "transcribers" job is to type what they hear and only what they hear, and that the doctors will be held accountable for their mistakes.  This made me laugh. ...

Paycheck Less Even Though Transcribed More Lines Than Previous
Nov 10, 2009

It is beyond me how I made less on my pay check, but typed over 1500 more lines than last pay period.   ?  Anyone else notice that?  ...

Previous Report Lookup Is Ridiculous
Mar 07, 2010

Another idea of MQ's that might sound good in theory but in practice this is totally ridiculous. First off, I can't even get any reports to come up....I tried different variations of entering info into the search, only to get nothing back.....so stupid.   Second, do they really think we can do this with how LONG it takes.....first you have to sign out of DQS, then sign back in with a different password to get to DQM?  Get out of here!    I was hoping that maybe ...

After 9 Months Of Unemployment My Previous MTSO (sm)
Mar 19, 2011

has rehired me.  Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing info about the MTSOs they worked for, job leads, etc.  I am praying for all who still need a job. ...

Previous Mergers With Nuance (Webmedx, Etc.)
Apr 19, 2012

MTs who worked previously for companies bought out by Nuance I was wondering did any of you work using satellite internet?  If so, what happened when you Nuance took over as Nuance says no satellite?  I use satellite internet so I'm wondering what will happen with Nuance when they take over Transcend.  Initially, I'm sure I would be able to use it, but if the platform is changed, then what?  I'm just wondering should I find another job now that accepts sat. or ...

Boss's Day Tomorrow! If You've Got A Good One Let Them Know.
Oct 15, 2010

I know there aren't very many of you that probably like your boss enough to send them a gift, but if you DO happen to have a nice boss it wouldn't hurt to tell them so they don't become mean and cynical like the rest of them!  Employers like to hear it when they do a good job just as much as the employees do! ...

Osteoarthritis And S/l Boss To The Right Great Toe.
Feb 21, 2011

x ...

Undercover Boss ---- Idea :)
May 05, 2012

I think the CEO/managers at Nuance should do an Undercover Boss episode ...... wouldn't that be fun?  I don't think they would ever have the courage to do so though.  ...

I Wish The MT Industry Would Go On Undercover Boss
Jun 26, 2012

Wouldn't that be an eye-opener for some of these MTSOs?  ...

How Do You Deal With A Difficult Boss?
Aug 08, 2014

I have come to the conclusion that the "Boss" is a bully.  I am an IC but I say boss because that is how he comes across.  He is difficult to deal with and uses bully-like tactics to get what he wants.  I cannot be alone in this situation.  I am looking for advice and helpful tips on how to deal with the situation short of quitting.  Thanks! ...

Dear Undercover Boss
Apr 04, 2015

Please get the CEO of MM to work one of the MTs shifts for one of your shows. He would not last 1 minute.   ...

The Previous Couple Of Transcend Mergers That I Have Read About On Here... Sm
Nov 23, 2009

Have had me feeling as if some of us who have been at Transcend longer were not offered what they have been offering recently, maybe that is why I have seen so many people leave.  It was 8 cents per line for transcribing and 4 cents for VR.  When you cannot make your 900 dollars every two weeks you are then moved to part time, bennies are taken away and you do not get PTO.  I was feeling pretty devalued, but then I thought maybe later on they may tell the new people some excu ...

Going Solo-concerned About Some Previous Posts Ive Read
Jan 05, 2010

I am working on starting up my own MT business (as you have maybe seen by some of the other posts I have sent) and I have been reading some of the latest posts and have seen discussions about this being a dying business and I have seen many people are getting out of this field and venturing elsewhere.  Up until the  holidays, I was making a great living and I guess with the holidays underway, I am still waiting on work.  I thought that this would have picked up by now but I have n ...

Thought Ya'll Were Kidding (and/or Exaggerating) About The Previous Reports
Mar 24, 2010

Pulled up an old report to get a heads-up on the physical exam.  The report listed W2 and HK for Wt and Ht (among other errors).  I was dumbfounded.  ...

Cardiology Workup S/l Showed No Previous Apices
Aug 08, 2010

s/l showed no previous apices.  ...

Search Previous Dates Like This...if Your Page Only Lets You
Aug 03, 2014

I saw a question the other day asking how to get back farther in the message posts. The board is listed in date order, so what I do if I want to reread, for instance, something from late July, I use the search key above and type in a date the way the dates are shown... 2014-07-23,  then just tap the little search tab! At the bottom of your screen you can scroll through page after page of posts on that day from all the boards. There is good information about Nuance on alot of the boards her ...

New Specs Posted On Fiesa With NO Notification. Previous
Oct 18, 2014

...I suppose because I said the account names. So, here goes, large city account in CT, and small city outside Seattle. Supe is LG on the AB (COM) team. Found these new specs on 10/15 and have no idea what the changes are because we were never even told about them. Heads up, folks! ...

Labor Board Contact On Previous MTSO
Dec 09, 2014

Anyone else hear from a wages & hours investigator from a Labor Board on a well known MTSO?  I do not want to reveal the name, as I think all should worry about this and don't want to tip off the one they are investigating.   ...

Did Anyone See The Show Undercover Boss Last Night?
Feb 08, 2010

Did anyone see the show Undercover Boss last night?  Do ya think the suits at MQ would do that - ha, never would be a consideration for them -- if any of them did see it, they probably laughed.  They don't realize and don't care to realize what we do to fill their pockets.  Bottom line for them is money in their pockets and the big bonuses they get for signing papers and closing those deals that don't benefit the MT at all -- the ones who are keeping the profit going for them. ...

Constant Use Of Profanity By A Boss At My Company?
Feb 14, 2010

I have a supervisor at my company who constantly uses profanity when I speak to her on the phone, and constantly bashes MTs and other employees, so I'm sure she bashes me to others as well.   She even does this on conference calls.  I am always shocked at this behavior each and every time she does it. I find this so unprofessional and it makes me very uncomfortable, but I don't want to tell the owner/HR person.  It makes the company look bad.  How would you ha ...

I'd LOVE To See Vern On Undercover Boss! Nm
Aug 19, 2011

NM ...

Convincing Boss To Let Me Work At Home
Feb 05, 2012

I have been doing MT work for over 10 years now. I worked from home for a while and loved it. Circumstances changed, so I now drive an hour each way to a hospital, spending about 350 a month just for gas, not to mention excessive oil changes, tire rotations, etc. due to mileage! Let's factor in that I just now found out I'm expecting my first child (at age 37...please pray for me!! LOL) and can expect in my area to pay around 400 a month for daycare. So, we're at 750 a month just ...