A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Previous mergers with Nuance (Webmedx, etc.) - want to know

Posted: Apr 19, 2012

MTs who worked previously for companies bought out by Nuance I was wondering did any of you work using satellite internet?  If so, what happened when you Nuance took over as Nuance says no satellite?  I use satellite internet so I'm wondering what will happen with Nuance when they take over Transcend.  Initially, I'm sure I would be able to use it, but if the platform is changed, then what?  I'm just wondering should I find another job now that accepts sat. or wait and see?  Thanks for any info.

Webmedx platforms did not support satellite ISP so no different than Nuance. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Well, they have you do a security training module, then - sign a statement SM

[ In Reply To ..]
saying you understand, etc., and that training includes excluding satellite connections. So that'd be unambiguous cause for firing (no qualifying for unemployment insurance, BTW.)

Note that she said in the training session that they check ISPs. This was actually in the context of telling us we cannot work in other countries. Apparently some have done that on the QT, but, as explained, many clients have contracts specifying the work is done in the U.S., so while it's physically possible it's still a no-no.

Similar Messages:

The Previous Couple Of Transcend Mergers That I Have Read About On Here... Sm
Nov 23, 2009

Have had me feeling as if some of us who have been at Transcend longer were not offered what they have been offering recently, maybe that is why I have seen so many people leave.  It was 8 cents per line for transcribing and 4 cents for VR.  When you cannot make your 900 dollars every two weeks you are then moved to part time, bennies are taken away and you do not get PTO.  I was feeling pretty devalued, but then I thought maybe later on they may tell the new people some excu ...

Webmedx/Nuance Have Seen Ads For Both???
Sep 08, 2011

I know Wmx was bought by Nuance, but are the 2 companies not blended?  They each doing their own hiring?  ...

With Webmedx/Nuance, Is Anyone
Sep 22, 2011

I know it seems like a silly question these days, but I really do need to know based on something that was said (not here).  If not, what would you estimate an average hourly salary is with this (these) company(ies)? ...

Questions For Nuance And Webmedx MTs
Jun 27, 2011

WMXers, those of you who use VR, are you continuing to use Wmx's program for now?  Are you being told whether you'll eventually move to Nuance's product? Is Nuance's VR program Dragon?  How well does it work?  Nuance put out Powerscribe which is a terrible program so I'm wondering whether Dragon (or whatever else they may use) is more efficient. ...

WEBMEDX BOUGHT BY NUANCE
Jun 21, 2011

God help us all. ...

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

Webmedx/Nuance Combination ?
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone work for Webmedx and happy there?  Doesn't sound like there have been many changes yet with their buyout by Nuance.  Are you having enough work (or on a fairly regular basis)?  I know this varies by each area, but in general are most of you keeping out of the soup lines? If you hire on PT to try it out, can you switch to full time or do you have to wait so long? Is second shift the better shift to get more steady workflow? What is the difference in hiring on w ...

Webmedx Changes From Nuance To Start
Nov 02, 2011

Changes to start November.  Anyone have an idea what we might expect?   ...

Webmedx/Nuance Question
Nov 15, 2011

It seems like lately no matter what account I am working on I am left with only the hardest to understand dictators and/or jobs with bad audio quality. Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I find it hard to believe that there are only ESL doctors at all 5 of the accounts that I work on. I'm sure there must be some good dictators somewhere, but I don't get them anymore. Anyone also notice the quality of ISR is absolutely pitiful? Getting more frustrated by the minute here. Jus ...

Question For Webmedx/Nuance MTs
Jan 24, 2012

How many of you received the bonus for last pay period? I did not because my QC percent was too high (was told there was an error in how this was calculated and that the bonus would not be in this check due to this error but would be paid at a later date). ...

Former WebmedX CEO Leaving Nuance
Mar 18, 2013

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130313005208/en ...

Insurance Rates/webmedx/nuance
Nov 17, 2011

for an employee and spouse $767.00 a month, dental for an employee and spouse $63.00 a month.  I am having to waive the dental, can't afford that.  Might have to find a 2nd job as well.  Stinks for sure. ...

Webmedx/Nuance Lines Per Hour
Nov 18, 2011

How many lines per hour are most people averaging right now on this platform? I am getting a mixture of straight type /VR that varies daily. They have not shown us any reports of how everyone is doing as a group. I don't think I can make the quota in 8 hours to qualify for benefits. I am trying.  We have open enrollment for insurance ending November 30.  The 1st week in December, they will tell us what the pay plan is for the future.  Granted, insurance ra ...

What's With All These Webmedx Now Part Of Nuance Job Ads All Over The Internet?
Dec 05, 2011

The AD claims  they are “Best in KLAS”, AHDI Employer of the Year and still offer a production based incentive bonus? With everything we are hearing about Nuance taking them over and Nuances pay and bonus plan referred on here as  low. Especially the nuance quality based incentive bonus that has their own employees griping about on this forum. Yet Webmedx now taken over by Nuance is still advertising a production based bonus plan? Whats that all about?? ...

I Make $8.50 An Hour With Webmedx/Nuance
Dec 09, 2011

Since we were acquired by the big N, "We" are on the old platform, not Dragon.  I don't get any reports that have templates or normals. The account has thousands of doctors.  This is as much as I can possibly make under these parameters. So running our "salary calculator," it comes out to $8.50 an hour.  I was making twice this 2 years ago for same company before it was acquired. ...

Webmedx/Nuance Pay Compared To 6 Months Ago
Jun 04, 2012

Is anyone who transitioned from Webmedx to Nuance making more than they were 6 months ago?  We got a letter in January stating we would be by now because of "performance improvements and increased production capcity." Well that is not happening.  After the next cut in pay, I think I will be close to minimum wage real soon here. ...

Journalist's Deadline Question On Webmedx And Nuance
Sep 13, 2011

Hello:I am a journalist covering a local public hospital district where transcriptionists have just been outsourced to Webmedx. That company has apparently been bought out by Nuance, and I would like to know more from MTs who have had experience with either company. How does pay compare with a job in a hospital, how much do you make per hour, does Nuance outsource offshore and what can those who work for Nuance expect in the way of job security and benefits. Though I am requ ...

Webmedx,nuance Paycut On OLD VR PROGRAM Not Fair!
Dec 01, 2011

I have gone over my pay records over the past couple of years or so and my salary correspondence from this company with a qualified unemployment case worker. When I recently told her that now it appears they (wmx,nuance) are going to even cut my pay more the option I  have is to quit and then file an appeal. If the company were to try and fight me on ALL the cuts I have received in the near past I have everything to show the case worker to get the highest benefits ...

Webmedx,Subsidiary Of Nuance Compensation Decision.
Dec 04, 2011

I have read a few posts not only about the future compensation worries at Nuance for us "Webbers" but also mentioning the former CEO for Webmedx. I have worked for this man even before my Webmedx days. To me, he always seemed to have taken pride in his position as he talked about why he felt Webmedx was so successful due to low employee turn around and an open door policy in communication with same. Training was superb, the community page which enhanced employee recognition-data made many of us ...

Webmedx/Nuance Pay Plan Unveiled Today.
Dec 13, 2011

It appears they have done away with our paid holidays.  We can work on holidays and have a bonus (if the facility is open and there is work).  If not, we have to take it out of our PTO or not get paid. My pay  by the new plan is cut from 9  typing and 5 voice recognition to 8 and 4 instead per line.  The incentive bonus requires 99% accuracy by QA audit, and 15% or less of reports going to QA, paid every 2 weeks.   ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...

Nuance Acquires Webmedx And MTEC--press Release
Jul 14, 2011

http://www.nuance.com/company/news-room/press-releases/NC_017438 It's a sad day.    ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

We All Know Better Now, When It Comes To Mergers!
Jun 06, 2010

We now know all too well, either from our own experience, or from the experiences of other MTs we've been reading about here, that mergers DO NOT benefit the MT. They promise us we will still have our jobs.  WE WON'T. They promise us we'll make more money on their spiffy new software.  WE WON'T. They promise us our cpl will not go down.  IT WILL. They promise us the MTs of the purchased company will more work.  WE WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE LESS.  (Or ...

Mergers
Mar 04, 2011

As a current DTS employee and having gone through a merger before, being acquired by MQ from a different company, the merger was not good.  I am hoping that things will be different this go around, but it just does not look promising.  Everything they promised and said would not change did change.  We did not take an actual pay cut, but changing platforms provided their means of a pay cut.  I went from making excellent money a month, to struggling to make even $1000 a month.& ...

Question About Mergers
Jun 07, 2010

Can anybody tell me what companies have merged together? I know about Medquist and Spheris, but I just want to know what other ones there are. thanks ...

IMedX Mergers
Mar 07, 2014

I just want to say how sorry I am for those of you at TT.  This had to have hit you guys like a ton of bricks. iMedX is heavily technology-based.  You will likely not see a lot of changes for a several months (they seem to be in the buying phase) but once the dust settles, I would imagine a significant percentage of their MTs will be gone.    Technology combined with their significant Indian presence, there just simply wont be the need. I'll be really anxious to hear w ...

Anyone Heard Of Any Spheris Mergers Going On?
Dec 15, 2009

Has anyone heard of any shakeups at Spheris?  I heard there is a new guy in charge and all the job postings on their web site have gone away.  I have a friend working there and would like to know of any information so I can tell him. ...

Does Anyone Else Think A New Batch Of Mergers Is In The Works?
Sep 03, 2010

nm ...

Any Predictions About MTSO Mergers For 2011?
Dec 31, 2010

nm ...