A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The previous couple of Transcend mergers that I have read about on here... sm - feeling low

Posted: Nov 23, 2009

Have had me feeling as if some of us who have been at Transcend longer were not offered what they have been offering recently, maybe that is why I have seen so many people leave.  It was 8 cents per line for transcribing and 4 cents for VR.  When you cannot make your 900 dollars every two weeks you are then moved to part time, bennies are taken away and you do not get PTO.  I was feeling pretty devalued, but then I thought maybe later on they may tell the new people some excuse like since you are not making the full time amount we cannot pay you over 8 cents per transcribed line or 4 cents for VR.  Heaven help you if you are doing mostly VR with all the corrections and coping and pasting to make the report look as it should.  I hope everything continues for the new people the way the are hoping/counting on, as they seem pretty excited to get their packet, but I just wanted to say how surprised I have been since what they are offering you all seems better than previously.

Transcend does not care about its employees. - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They just wish everyone who makes over 8 cents a line would quit so they could send more work to India. Management has changed their attitude so much in the last 6 months that it is depressing to even talk to anyone in charge. All you have to do is ask a question or ask if there is an easier way to do something and they turn it around to you are complaining and if you do not like the way it is then leave. There used to be some nice people, at least nice ROMs, but they have all gotten an attitude, too. It makes it hard to stay there and try to do a good job because you know they are just looking for an excuse to get rid of you.

I SECOND THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - aa

[ In Reply To ..]
sm

To Old MT - Another Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
When all of this shakeup started to happen, a friend of mine (who is a big hoo-hoo at another large MTSO) said she would not go with Transcend for anything. I asked her what she meant and she just said "You'll see." (She is not one to gossip; good for her.) I feel sorry for all of us who believed in MDI, who really thought the patriotism was real (I bought into it, so I guess was a dummy, wasn't I?). Just imagine, we thought we were viewed as real people, not typing machines. I feel like all of those who believed in MDI (and who made it what it was; it didn't spring into being without a lot of help and dedication from the MTS in the trenches) have been betrayed. Or maybe sold into slavery would be more like it. I am the breadwinner for this household. I wonder how many other moms (and dads) are in the same position? How can they help each other? What are the rest of you doing to keep your proverbial chins up and keep on keepin' on?

I would like some answers, please - Questioning

[ In Reply To ..]
What has happened yet, if anything or is this all just worry on someone's part? Have claims been made already that are being broken? Just what is it all about?
I've no personal experience with Transcend but... - RubySoho
[ In Reply To ..]
I think the archives would be your friend in this case. Lots of info in the there, both good and bad.
Seeing the writing on the wall - Learning to read it
[ In Reply To ..]
Let's see -- first it was: "You'll each be receiving a call in the next few weeks to discuss your current status and what status you'd like to take with Transcend." No call yet.

Next it was: "We'll do everything we can to keep your SE status." Now it's: I'm sorry you can't have SE. I believe they knew all along they weren't going to give it to us, just trying to string us along.

Then it was: "You'll be receiving your welcome packets in the mail." What they really meant was: You'll be receiving the instructions on how to print out your welcome packet in the mail.

If you ever worked for MQ, you'll know what's coming next and I'm not waiting around to confirm it. Had a job interview yesterday. Still in the medical field, but records instead of transcription. 32K per year plus benefits. That's pretty good in my rural area.

keeping my chin up - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
What am I doing to keep my chin up? Taking a p/t job on the side and starting college back up in January to get out of MT. At least I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, that keeps my chin up.

I kept on keepin' on...right with another employer - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
Resigned the day the merger was announced. I'd have starved to death or been homeless trying to survive with the little work available at MDI-MD (I too am sole supporter in my household) for so long. I said sayonara to them shortly before the merger was announced.

The lesson I took from my MDI-MD experience is that when plentiful work suddenly starts to dry up, that should be a red flag to any MT anywhere and they should update the resume, 'cuz bad news will shortly follow.

You've hit the nail on the head! - Tina

[ In Reply To ..]
Back before the merger, MDI was a wonderful company to work for. Then they merged with Transcend and slowly, but surely, the changes started trickling in and everything we loved about MDI was thrown out the window. I was with MDI for 6 years and the switch to VR was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. I stayed after the merger for as long as I did because I loved the account I was on. It is a shame. If MDI had stayed the way it was, they would have prospered, their MTs would have stayed loyal, and the MTs would have made a decent living to boot. Is that too much to ask for? We are truly headed for an era where there will be just two classes...the truly needy and the truly greedy (gotta love Flashback!). Middle class is destined to be a thing of the past unless things begin to change and change fast. It is sad that it is nothing to be a millionaire in this day and age and so many have billions when there are many struggling and working their arses off to earn a mere $25,000 a year. Now, I don't now about in your book, but in mine, that is just plain wrong. After all, where would this country (indeed, this world) be without the blue collar worker who so many now look down their noses at? What happened to the good ole days!!! The days when one parent could stay home and raise the kids while the other worked (I don't care which) and you had time to do things as a family. Instead, we eat, we sleep, we work. Of course we are spoiled to death...what, live without a cell phone, blasphemy. Sometimes I'm not so sure technology is a good thing. Seems like the more we invent, the worse life gets for the masses!

scary - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am finding this situation scary to go further into this merger. My income is the one we depend on to live. Where I had made up my mind to go with the flow, now I'm concerned as I see at least 2 things already that are not what they were represented to be in the phone conferences (how we maintain FT status and whether PT people take a drop in pay or not). Do I go with my first thought and not put all my eggs in one basket, or do I take the plunge and hope for the best? Of course there are a lot more factors to consider, but that is the essence of my concern right now.

Never, ever - very, very tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
put all your eggs in 1 basket being an MT. I was part of a previous Transcend merger, soon will be losing my benefits and put on PT status because can't make the minimum required for FT due to not enough work available - I work multiple accounts. Funny, when I asked for another one first 2 times was told no, then put on an account that doesn't have any work when my other ones are out too. Anyone notice how the first week of pay period has plenty of work but the second week does not? Make no mistake, they are NOT a family, they are a business and people need to remember that.
First week/second week pay period - Transcend MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think you can blame Transcend for the first week a lot of work/second week no work thing as that sometimes is due to the MTs not working their shifts the first week and then everybody scrambling to make their line count the last few days of the pay period.
They should stop that practice - Tina
[ In Reply To ..]
so, in essence, it is their fault. That is like rewarding workers for bad performance. Also, you will find that certain MTs will not be on when certain dictators' reports are in the system but then will scramble like crazy when it's docs they want to do. This should not be allowed...period.

Transend 8 cents per transcribed line or 4 cents for VR. NO!!! - .

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the par now days. Nope, I will not give my tremendous, long-coming skills away for THAT. Nope. We have to know sooooo much, across the board everything, every area and constant updating FOREVER. Now just how much straight typing do ya think you will get. You will probably average out 5 cents a line. Can make a living on that!!?? Don't think so. Want to work 10,12,14, 16 hours days. Longer you work per workday the less hoursly you make. Glad I left. I was hired, they did not say it was voice recognition (Image that) I tried it 2 weeks and quit, averaged 6.7 /line GEEZ. Editing the ENTIRE WORK and obliged to rewind because there were sooooo many changes.

Similar Messages:

Previous Mergers With Nuance (Webmedx, Etc.)
Apr 19, 2012

MTs who worked previously for companies bought out by Nuance I was wondering did any of you work using satellite internet?  If so, what happened when you Nuance took over as Nuance says no satellite?  I use satellite internet so I'm wondering what will happen with Nuance when they take over Transcend.  Initially, I'm sure I would be able to use it, but if the platform is changed, then what?  I'm just wondering should I find another job now that accepts sat. or ...

Going Solo-concerned About Some Previous Posts Ive Read
Jan 05, 2010

I am working on starting up my own MT business (as you have maybe seen by some of the other posts I have sent) and I have been reading some of the latest posts and have seen discussions about this being a dying business and I have seen many people are getting out of this field and venturing elsewhere.  Up until the  holidays, I was making a great living and I guess with the holidays underway, I am still waiting on work.  I thought that this would have picked up by now but I have n ...

Couple Of Transcend Questions
Sep 08, 2011

Everyone on here makes this sound like a wonderful place to work (please, I am not tryinng to start arguments, just want honest info), so here goes...Are there ever pay increases and do you consistently have work available?  Thinking about leaving my current company but need a little input.  Thank you to any responders. ...

Transcend Benefits A Couple Of Quick Question/s
Nov 24, 2009

Could someone who has Transcend benefits tell me- are routine physicals covered yearly? mammograms and well care? what is the per office visit copay? What about RX coverage, what is copay for brand/generic? What is the yearly deductable--what do you have to pay out of pocket before your insurance covers most of it? I thought I had heard it was $3000 deductable.  If so, is the benefit actually worthwhile to you? Aside from catastrophic.  I remember having $500 deductables but ...

Winston-Salem Journal Article Re Transcend Lawsuit - Read All The Way To The End
May 18, 2012

of this article as it appears it has been removed from the Journal's website. Would like to read it. ...

We All Know Better Now, When It Comes To Mergers!
Jun 06, 2010

We now know all too well, either from our own experience, or from the experiences of other MTs we've been reading about here, that mergers DO NOT benefit the MT. They promise us we will still have our jobs.  WE WON'T. They promise us we'll make more money on their spiffy new software.  WE WON'T. They promise us our cpl will not go down.  IT WILL. They promise us the MTs of the purchased company will more work.  WE WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE LESS.  (Or ...

Mergers
Mar 04, 2011

As a current DTS employee and having gone through a merger before, being acquired by MQ from a different company, the merger was not good.  I am hoping that things will be different this go around, but it just does not look promising.  Everything they promised and said would not change did change.  We did not take an actual pay cut, but changing platforms provided their means of a pay cut.  I went from making excellent money a month, to struggling to make even $1000 a month.& ...

Question About Mergers
Jun 07, 2010

Can anybody tell me what companies have merged together? I know about Medquist and Spheris, but I just want to know what other ones there are. thanks ...

IMedX Mergers
Mar 07, 2014

I just want to say how sorry I am for those of you at TT.  This had to have hit you guys like a ton of bricks. iMedX is heavily technology-based.  You will likely not see a lot of changes for a several months (they seem to be in the buying phase) but once the dust settles, I would imagine a significant percentage of their MTs will be gone.    Technology combined with their significant Indian presence, there just simply wont be the need. I'll be really anxious to hear w ...

Anyone Heard Of Any Spheris Mergers Going On?
Dec 15, 2009

Has anyone heard of any shakeups at Spheris?  I heard there is a new guy in charge and all the job postings on their web site have gone away.  I have a friend working there and would like to know of any information so I can tell him. ...

Does Anyone Else Think A New Batch Of Mergers Is In The Works?
Sep 03, 2010

nm ...

Any Predictions About MTSO Mergers For 2011?
Dec 31, 2010

nm ...

ImedX Acquisitions/Mergers And Partnerships
Mar 07, 2014

MedTrans Transcription, Greenlight Transcription, TransTech, MedWare, EMTS, PRN Medical Management, FORE Transcription, just to nae a few.  See connect with M*Modal below. M*Modal Integrates its Speech Understanding™ Technology with the iMedX TurboFlow® Software Platform Pittsburgh, PA and Shelton, CT — February 21, 2011 (HIMSS Booth #1637) — M*Modal and iMedX, Inc., a leading healthcare software and services company, today announced a partnership that has created a ...

Previous Report Look Up
Mar 08, 2010

In spite of everything else, I was determined that THIS was going to be a good thing; however, after E-mails to supervisor to get password and then jumping through about 20 hoops was informed that there were no reports available for this dictator for the last month.  I guess this was his first day on the job? Good grief.  More cr*ap.  ...

This Is From A Previous Post. But I Thought
Apr 15, 2012

discussion and wanted to bring it to the top where everyone would get a chance to see it. The post stemmed from an ad where they were offering to pay $10 to $11 an hour for MTs. It dawned on me that if they can afford to pay that hourly then they can afford to raise rates. This is the reality of many MTs right now. How many on here do you read about griping over min wage pay? LOTS! The calculations that I make just lays it all out there. I used these figures as an example to show t ...

CORRECTION To Previous Post
Sep 29, 2012

The company I saw an ad for was Administrative "Assistance"  (out of Michigan) - not Administrative "Associates" - my mistake! ...

How To Look Up Previous Reports On Chartnet?
Nov 09, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to look up previous reports on chartnet?  Thanks! ...

Bad Mouthing Previous Boss
Apr 16, 2013

Just found out that indeed my old boss is stating that I walked out and gave her no notice; which is NOT true... OMG... I'm speechless. ...

*ITS T-nail* From A Previous ORIF Of Hip
Sep 20, 2013

The patient had a previous ORIF with a *ITS T-nail* of the right hip for an intertrochanteric fracture.  I can't verify.  Thanks. ...

Paycheck Less Even Though Transcribed More Lines Than Previous
Nov 10, 2009

It is beyond me how I made less on my pay check, but typed over 1500 more lines than last pay period.   ?  Anyone else notice that?  ...

Previous Report Lookup Is Ridiculous
Mar 07, 2010

Another idea of MQ's that might sound good in theory but in practice this is totally ridiculous. First off, I can't even get any reports to come up....I tried different variations of entering info into the search, only to get nothing back.....so stupid.   Second, do they really think we can do this with how LONG it takes.....first you have to sign out of DQS, then sign back in with a different password to get to DQM?  Get out of here!    I was hoping that maybe ...

After 9 Months Of Unemployment My Previous MTSO (sm)
Mar 19, 2011

has rehired me.  Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing info about the MTSOs they worked for, job leads, etc.  I am praying for all who still need a job. ...

Thought Ya'll Were Kidding (and/or Exaggerating) About The Previous Reports
Mar 24, 2010

Pulled up an old report to get a heads-up on the physical exam.  The report listed W2 and HK for Wt and Ht (among other errors).  I was dumbfounded.  ...

Cardiology Workup S/l Showed No Previous Apices
Aug 08, 2010

s/l showed no previous apices.  ...

Search Previous Dates Like This...if Your Page Only Lets You
Aug 03, 2014

I saw a question the other day asking how to get back farther in the message posts. The board is listed in date order, so what I do if I want to reread, for instance, something from late July, I use the search key above and type in a date the way the dates are shown... 2014-07-23,  then just tap the little search tab! At the bottom of your screen you can scroll through page after page of posts on that day from all the boards. There is good information about Nuance on alot of the boards her ...

New Specs Posted On Fiesa With NO Notification. Previous
Oct 18, 2014

...I suppose because I said the account names. So, here goes, large city account in CT, and small city outside Seattle. Supe is LG on the AB (COM) team. Found these new specs on 10/15 and have no idea what the changes are because we were never even told about them. Heads up, folks! ...

Labor Board Contact On Previous MTSO
Dec 09, 2014

Anyone else hear from a wages & hours investigator from a Labor Board on a well known MTSO?  I do not want to reveal the name, as I think all should worry about this and don't want to tip off the one they are investigating.   ...

Previous Surgery - Appendectomy With S/l Stem-peed Extraction
Aug 25, 2011

x ...

Help With A Couple Of Words PLEASE!!!
Oct 24, 2009

Has anyone heard of the words subcyclic position or sufflolaterally ...

Help With A Couple Words...
Nov 05, 2009

The patient underwent a ("LALEASE") of the left knee. Postoperative day 1, the patient went without complaints. The patient suddenly became confused, agitated and delusional. Psychology was consulted and the patient. Lortab, Lorafen, and Phenergan were e.c. S/L lalease, also I am not sure if I have the post-op part right.  Thanks for any help! ...