A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Paycheck less even though transcribed more lines than previous - reallyoltimer

Posted: Nov 10, 2009

It is beyond me how I made less on my pay check, but typed over 1500 more lines than last pay period.   ?  Anyone else notice that? 

MQ took money for their profit - MTLowWagesToo

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Could be due to ASR - iluvrainydaze47

[ In Reply To ..]
Were the lines straight transcription or ASR? If ASR then you will not make as much money on those jobs unfortunately. Just a thought.

Similar Messages:

Same Pay Rate For Edited & Transcribed Lines?
Jan 26, 2012

My employer has recently gone from straight transcription to VR (using MedQuist's DocQSpeech). At this point, after 4 months on VR, production is up 11% overall.  The employer says they believe it will go up 48% overall (60% for VR lines, no change of course for transcribed lines, 80% of lines VR). At this point, indeed, at least 80% of lines are VR.  (The quality of the VR output, however, is pretty bad.) We're union, and I'm one of the MTs participating in the wage ...

Can Someone Please Explain The Legality In Only Paying For 88% Of Transcribed Lines?
Dec 14, 2014

How is Nuance able to legally justify paying only 88% of typed lines?  I am really curious if anyone has any indea how that can be done.  They are obviously trying to get transriptionists to leave in significant numbers.  There must be some motive we are not seeing.  This must be some attempt to get transcriptionists to leave in large quantities.  What other explanation could there possibly be? ...

Previous Report Look Up
Mar 08, 2010

In spite of everything else, I was determined that THIS was going to be a good thing; however, after E-mails to supervisor to get password and then jumping through about 20 hoops was informed that there were no reports available for this dictator for the last month.  I guess this was his first day on the job? Good grief.  More cr*ap.  ...

Is This Transcribed Right?
Dec 21, 2009

She’s had a T&A of tubal ligation. ...

ROS Transcribed
May 07, 2010

When transcribing review of systems are they capitalized? Cardiovascular, GI, GU, etc or cardiovascular, GI, GU etc. ...

This Is From A Previous Post. But I Thought
Apr 15, 2012

discussion and wanted to bring it to the top where everyone would get a chance to see it. The post stemmed from an ad where they were offering to pay $10 to $11 an hour for MTs. It dawned on me that if they can afford to pay that hourly then they can afford to raise rates. This is the reality of many MTs right now. How many on here do you read about griping over min wage pay? LOTS! The calculations that I make just lays it all out there. I used these figures as an example to show t ...

CORRECTION To Previous Post
Sep 29, 2012

The company I saw an ad for was Administrative "Assistance"  (out of Michigan) - not Administrative "Associates" - my mistake! ...

How To Look Up Previous Reports On Chartnet?
Nov 09, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to look up previous reports on chartnet?  Thanks! ...

Bad Mouthing Previous Boss
Apr 16, 2013

Just found out that indeed my old boss is stating that I walked out and gave her no notice; which is NOT true... OMG... I'm speechless. ...

*ITS T-nail* From A Previous ORIF Of Hip
Sep 20, 2013

The patient had a previous ORIF with a *ITS T-nail* of the right hip for an intertrochanteric fracture.  I can't verify.  Thanks. ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

Do I Have This Transcribed Correctly?
Feb 09, 2010

I transcribed D5.45 normal saline.  Is D5.45 correct, or how would you transcribe it? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If I Have This Transcribed Correctly
Feb 10, 2010

I am not familiar with the terminology and I want to make sure I have this transcribed correctly.  This is what I have, "CT of the head shows an old posterotemporal, intraparietal, and right occipital cerebrovascular accident."   Is this correct? ...

Is This Correctly Transcribed
Apr 17, 2010

Cholesterol profile:  Total cholesterol 182, LDL 120, HDL 82, triglycerides 75. ...

It's Been 100 Years Since I Transcribed ...
Oct 06, 2010

ob/gyn.  What's the correct way to transcribe G3 P2 012 ? ...

Several Hundred Cc's...would That Be Transcribed
Dec 01, 2010

several hundred cubic centimeters? ...

Have Transcribed 30 Yrs, Been Away From It 4 Yrs, Almost Done With MT School To Get RMT, How Can I F
Dec 08, 2010

I was a transcriptionist for 30 years. I have been away from it the last 4 years, except I am a full time online MT student at an approved school through AHDI. I'm due to graduate in July and get my RMT, then I want to get my CMT. I can't find a job transcribing! Does anyone have any suggestions? Everyone seems to want someone with "recent" experience. I haven't forgotten much after transcribing 30 years and I need a job! Help, please! ...

Previous Report Lookup Is Ridiculous
Mar 07, 2010

Another idea of MQ's that might sound good in theory but in practice this is totally ridiculous. First off, I can't even get any reports to come up....I tried different variations of entering info into the search, only to get nothing back.....so stupid.   Second, do they really think we can do this with how LONG it takes.....first you have to sign out of DQS, then sign back in with a different password to get to DQM?  Get out of here!    I was hoping that maybe ...

After 9 Months Of Unemployment My Previous MTSO (sm)
Mar 19, 2011

has rehired me.  Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing info about the MTSOs they worked for, job leads, etc.  I am praying for all who still need a job. ...

Previous Mergers With Nuance (Webmedx, Etc.)
Apr 19, 2012

MTs who worked previously for companies bought out by Nuance I was wondering did any of you work using satellite internet?  If so, what happened when you Nuance took over as Nuance says no satellite?  I use satellite internet so I'm wondering what will happen with Nuance when they take over Transcend.  Initially, I'm sure I would be able to use it, but if the platform is changed, then what?  I'm just wondering should I find another job now that accepts sat. or ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

Missing Transcribed Reports
Nov 01, 2010

I'm missing any reports that were transcription.  I believe I have all my correction reports listed in statistics.  Has anyone else had this problem today?  My payscale is low enough, I don't need to be ripped off!! ...

QA'd A Report From An ILP-transcribed Hospital
Mar 31, 2011

A dictator fed up with a word being repeatedly typed incorrectly (and didn't even exist by the way) by the ILPs, after repeating what he wanted multiple times said:  I have now made this clear to the dumbest person under the sun.  Please type correctly.  Wow.  Guess what, stop letting ILPs type your reports, you may just get things right.  Too bad they are making us look bad.  ...

Transtech - Is It All VR Or Are There Some Transcribed Accounts?
May 10, 2011

This board has some TT posts, some good and some bad. My questions are: 1)  Is it all VR or are there some transcribed accounts? 2)  What do they pay; is it per line or per report (Radiology)? Thanks. ...

When Do You Proofread Your Transcribed Report?
Aug 05, 2011

Hi all, When do you proofread your transcribed report?  Do you wait until you are finished or do you proofread each section when finished?  And, do you ever get faster?  I'm afraid if I wait until I'm finished I will not remember things.  Also, do you re-listen to the dictation or not?  Thanks.  Many questions.    KB.  ...

I Forget. How Are Classes Transcribed? Sm
Jan 18, 2012

Class four heart disease. ...

Foreign-transcribed Records
Aug 17, 2014

A friend of mine who works in a medical office told me this afternoon that they've started getting records that are transcribed overseas. She said the records are done so badly that they can't use them, can't trust that the information in them is correct. When I told her my job may go away soon & be sent to India, she said "it can't!" She said these records are obviously done by people who don't speak English. What I don't understand is how work can still be off ...

The Previous Couple Of Transcend Mergers That I Have Read About On Here... Sm
Nov 23, 2009

Have had me feeling as if some of us who have been at Transcend longer were not offered what they have been offering recently, maybe that is why I have seen so many people leave.  It was 8 cents per line for transcribing and 4 cents for VR.  When you cannot make your 900 dollars every two weeks you are then moved to part time, bennies are taken away and you do not get PTO.  I was feeling pretty devalued, but then I thought maybe later on they may tell the new people some excu ...