A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I wish the MT industry would go on Undercover Boss - see message

Posted: Jun 26, 2012

Wouldn't that be an eye-opener for some of these MTSOs? 

As well as an eye-opener for the viewing audience! - Meerkat - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Ha Ha - Incognito

[ In Reply To ..]
I can just see Vern trying to set up his computer at home by himself, setting up his E-mail, using Remedy to report NJA. It just might open his eyes.

Most CEO's couldn't fake being an MT - couldn't - transcribe a single line.

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, they could.

"The patient has men or age uh with known firebirds of the eucharist."

It would be followed by "FBI's Most Wanted" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They would also have to give a Sleaze Alert to warn viewers before they watch it.

There are some good companies though, and they would probably choose one run by people of fine character. They are rare in our industry, but they do exist.

Similar Messages:

Undercover Boss
Jul 01, 2011

I would welcome the MQ CEO if he wanted to pretend to be a game show contestant and come to watch me work.   Wouldn't that be a learning experience! ...

Undercover Boss ---- Idea :)
May 05, 2012

I think the CEO/managers at Nuance should do an Undercover Boss episode ...... wouldn't that be fun?  I don't think they would ever have the courage to do so though.  ...

Dear Undercover Boss
Apr 04, 2015

Please get the CEO of MM to work one of the MTs shifts for one of your shows. He would not last 1 minute.   ...

Did Anyone See The Show Undercover Boss Last Night?
Feb 08, 2010

Did anyone see the show Undercover Boss last night?  Do ya think the suits at MQ would do that - ha, never would be a consideration for them -- if any of them did see it, they probably laughed.  They don't realize and don't care to realize what we do to fill their pockets.  Bottom line for them is money in their pockets and the big bonuses they get for signing papers and closing those deals that don't benefit the MT at all -- the ones who are keeping the profit going for them. ...

I'd LOVE To See Vern On Undercover Boss! Nm
Aug 19, 2011

NM ...

Undercover Boss For Nuance And MModal
May 29, 2013

It would be great if the CEOs of these cheap miserly companies had to trade places with us worker bees for a week or two like on the TV show Undercover Boss and see how long they would last.  That would be an eye-opener.  ...

Wouldn't You Love To See MModal On Undercover Boss?
Feb 29, 2012

Boy wouldn't they get a rude awakening. ...

Watching Undercover Boss…
May 20, 2014

… something like that to happen to MTs (yeah, I know it will never happen, but I can dream can't I)! ...

"Undercover Boss."
Sep 30, 2011

Have you guys seen that show on TLC where the CEO of a huge corporation works "undercover" in the stores with the "peons" to see what it's really like to work there? Last night it was the CEO of 7 Eleven. I was really impressed that he would do that - at least he seemed to CARE about improving conditions for his employees. I kept thinking how different the corporate culture is at MedQuist - and what it would be like if the MQ CEO did this show. Of course, he would never do it because he mig ...

Anyone Heard Of A Boss Or Boss Reamer?
Sep 06, 2011

Anyone heard of a boss or Boss reamer? Thanks in advance. ...

Boss's Day Snub
Oct 21, 2012

I sent my manager an email wishing her a Happy Boss's day this week...never heard a peep. I guess it's too hard to get a simple thank you these days, but I did get several emails this weekend saying the queue was overflowing and they were getting behind. Since she ignored me, I ignored her. Guess they're not too busy when they want to get their bonus, right? ...

My Boss Just Told Me... Sm
Jul 18, 2013

that a "transcribers" job is to type what they hear and only what they hear, and that the doctors will be held accountable for their mistakes.  This made me laugh. ...

Boss's Day Tomorrow! If You've Got A Good One Let Them Know.
Oct 15, 2010

I know there aren't very many of you that probably like your boss enough to send them a gift, but if you DO happen to have a nice boss it wouldn't hurt to tell them so they don't become mean and cynical like the rest of them!  Employers like to hear it when they do a good job just as much as the employees do! ...

Osteoarthritis And S/l Boss To The Right Great Toe.
Feb 21, 2011

x ...

Bad Mouthing Previous Boss
Apr 16, 2013

Just found out that indeed my old boss is stating that I walked out and gave her no notice; which is NOT true... OMG... I'm speechless. ...

How Do You Deal With A Difficult Boss?
Aug 08, 2014

I have come to the conclusion that the "Boss" is a bully.  I am an IC but I say boss because that is how he comes across.  He is difficult to deal with and uses bully-like tactics to get what he wants.  I cannot be alone in this situation.  I am looking for advice and helpful tips on how to deal with the situation short of quitting.  Thanks! ...

Constant Use Of Profanity By A Boss At My Company?
Feb 14, 2010

I have a supervisor at my company who constantly uses profanity when I speak to her on the phone, and constantly bashes MTs and other employees, so I'm sure she bashes me to others as well.   She even does this on conference calls.  I am always shocked at this behavior each and every time she does it. I find this so unprofessional and it makes me very uncomfortable, but I don't want to tell the owner/HR person.  It makes the company look bad.  How would you ha ...

Convincing Boss To Let Me Work At Home
Feb 05, 2012

I have been doing MT work for over 10 years now. I worked from home for a while and loved it. Circumstances changed, so I now drive an hour each way to a hospital, spending about 350 a month just for gas, not to mention excessive oil changes, tire rotations, etc. due to mileage! Let's factor in that I just now found out I'm expecting my first child (at age 37...please pray for me!! LOL) and can expect in my area to pay around 400 a month for daycare. So, we're at 750 a month just ...

What Is A Metatarsal Boss? Not Finding Much Luck On Google
Apr 17, 2012

x ...

Boss Let It Slip My Hospital Account Is Going To Electronic Record...
Jan 24, 2011

I've been at this midsized company for about 2 years.  As many as 50 of us work this large account.  I do acute care.  Would like to hear from anybody who's experienced this; how long till this severely (?) affects us?  Can you give me a play-by-play?  I figure the boss won't be telling us much of anything along the way.  ...

New To The Industry
Jan 18, 2010

Hi, I am a recent graduate of a Med. Transcript program and am unable to find work for someone with less than one year experiance.  Any suggestions? ...

MT Industry
Feb 17, 2011

As a group, we need to talk, fax, email our state representatives to explain what is going on in our industry. Give them your personal story.  We should all do this 3/1/2010 and the first of every month until something is done.  If they get enough complaints/responses, they will help us.  They will start and talk to each other and realize how many of us are being abused.  We need to have state and federal regulations to protect us from these companies. Due to&n ...

Is It Still Possible To Get A PT Job In This Industry. Nm
Nov 04, 2012

nm ...

This Whole Industry
Aug 22, 2013

Here's the problem with MT's who work at home:  There's not one out of six of you that have ever grown a pair of cajones. ...

BOS And Their Industry Standard?
Oct 21, 2009

Do all of your companies that you work for use the BOS as their industry standard? ...

Industry Trends
Mar 21, 2010

I'm new to this board, but have been in the business a while.  There's obviously a lot of dissatisfaction on the way work is being moved to India and Speech Recognition.  Its affected me, too.  But, it is what it is.  The healthcare facilities  are being forced to cut costs, and the MTSOs have to respond to keep the business, which is unfortunate for us. First, there was India.  HealthScribe, Focus Informatics, CBay, Heartland and others pushed this ...

Backpaddeling With MT Industry.
Jan 19, 2012

Backpaddeling with MT industry.. In no time, it is going to hit deadend or get crashed ... CONCERNED, IRRITATTED, ANGRY, FRUSTRATED MT.   ...

No Future In This Industry?
Jun 29, 2012

I don't know why I'm posting, just a last bit of hope left in me.  I have devoted my entire adult life to this industry, what I used to consider a career. Over the decades, I became a top-notch professional MT, basically 100% accuracy, never needed QA help, and was a huge producer.   Fast forward 20 years, and I climbed up the ladder in our industry, joining QA, being a team lead, then up into management levels, and.... rather than have my salary 'commensurate with ...

MT Industry In Other Countries
Sep 24, 2012

Since the MT industry has suffered in the US with outsourcing to India and speech recognition, I was wondering if the transcription industry in other countries such as Canada, Britain, or others are suffering as well. Does anyone know about the nature of their work? ...

Complaints On This Board Day After Day About The MT Industry?
Mar 15, 2010

Is anyone else sick of reading all the complaints on this board day after day about the MT industry?  Am I the only one who actually enjoys what I do?  If you hate Mting so bad, then quit!  Be thankful you have a job.  I know I will get lots of nasty replies, but I am so tired of all the negativity.  I would never want to go back to working at my previous job which was a call center where you sat all day and listened to ppl curse at you.  I do not miss all the gas money wasted because of d ...