A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

email from IT dept at Imedx - say what?

Posted: Dec 02, 2014

I just love emails from IT department at imedx. It is like solving a puzzle to figure out what they are trying to communicate. More fun and sparkle added to my day! Message to Imedx: Hire 1 English as first language IT person to commicate with your US employees. Just fuels my belief that despite what I have been told, you have NO intention of keeping me on as an employee long-term. This is just common sense, which in my opinion most of your decisions so far seem to be greatly lacking!

P.S. Sure do miss the tech guys at Transtech. :(

Perhaps learning Hindi-Urdu would be our - next career move?

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

We better learn something - and quick. - What language is this?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I just wish - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
they would make up their minds what procedures we are to follow. and let's get to the point, instead of giving us a "commercial?" Isn't this the 4th time they've changed it? and I'm still not getting e-mails sent out by imedx, I get them from everyone else, but not their IT people. I keep telling myself to stay positive and be thankful I have a job, but really.... it's getting to the point I can't use my computer for my own use, because they've always got something going on in the background that either slows it down or doesn't want me to shut it down. Thank God for chocolate.

I removed their virus program. - Just call me James Dean.

[ In Reply To ..]

I gave it two weeks and it crashed my brand new, very expensive PC.  I had already paid a year in advance for a very good virus program, so after they had verified I had their program on my PC, I uninstalled it and reinstalled the program that I had purchased.  

I'm extremely picky about my PC.  I saved up for a long time to get the monster computer I did this year, and in a matter of days, their virus program had brought my PC to a complete halt.  Screw them.  They can sue me.  This is MY computer, not theirs.  I hate these people.  

Email message - TTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you ask a question or did a group EMail go out that I didn't get??? The leads I work under are still all using the TT Email...IMedX still has not been able to set up our groups on their program!! I find it hysterical. If they ditch us, how on earth are they going to keep accounts in the US???

I got an email from my account manager today - say what?

[ In Reply To ..]
She sent it to all her primary MTs "in case we didn't receive it." My immediate thought was of course I didn't receive it. It was from the VP of global IT operations and support talking about a change in procedure for IT support.

I am just baffled and dismayed at the disorganization of Imedx. I just want the whole big picture to make sense and it doesn't. I find myself wondering if they have grown so fast that they don't have the infrastructure to adequately handle everything. Most of all it feels like they are new at this and working out the kinks, making constant adjustments as they go. But that doesn't make sense either because they have acquired many other companies before their acquisition of Transtech. They just don't seem to know what they are doing.

agreed - me

[ In Reply To ..]
For all their time spent acquiring other companies, they sure don't seem organized enough. Wonder if the other companies are having the same issues we are. There shouldn't be any bugs to work out of any part of the system at this point. Just tell everybody to hook up to "whatever" & it runs like clockwork. Shouldn't be this hard. The quality seems almost elementary... not something I'd expect from a "major" company. TT's system was much neater, much easier, much faster, etc, etc.

Yes! It's like this is iMedX's first rodeo! - I expected a lot more ...

[ In Reply To ..]

I agree totally - it's like this is their first takeover and they've never used these programs before.  Here's my question... if they have Word/Office on their PCs over there in camel-ville, and they would have to in order to work our accounts... then they would also have access to Outlook, right?  If they really knew what they were doing, they could easily have come up with an email program that feeds through Outlook, like our old TTMS emails did.  This makes no sense to me at all... until I had this thought... it's a paranoid, conspiracy-theory thought, but I think it's a valid one.  

"Let's make it so difficult for the stateside MTs to work and get critical information so that they eventually start dropping like flies, thus saving us the trouble of getting rid of them in other devious ways.  Let's give them a virus program that's really a virus - and watch them all fail.  Let's take over their company, but we won't bother to find people within our company who can communicate in their language.  Let's do all this, hope like hell everyone quits, and then we'll just dump the leftovers in a few months, according to plan."

Just my two cents.

You and me both! (sm) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Consider yourself "lucky" you even got that antiquated email to work.

Similar Messages:

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Has Anyone Else Had IMedX's New Email?
Mar 10, 2015

The *always wonderful* IT person for iMedX installed the new email program on my computer yesterday.  Now the darn thing isn't running right.  Surprise, surprise...  Wondering if anyone else out there has had this same experience. ...

Imedx Email, Used To Be Transtech.
Nov 03, 2014

I'm trying to set up email with Imedx. I've been on the phone twice with their help desk and finally they gave me the website to go to and to use my first initial and last name and he gave me the password to use until I changed it, but when I enter my name and the password, I get an error message. I tried the whole Imedx email, my first name, first initial and last name, got an error each time. Can someone please help me out here, so I don't have to call back as I had trouble u ...

Another Imedx Question - Regarding Email (sm)
Nov 23, 2014

How do we know if we have emails from them?  Even if we keep it open, are we supposed to check it every 5 minutes?   ...

** IMEDx And REPLY ALL EMAIL
Dec 04, 2014

First, I agree, why do people reply all. BUT, why does DH and others in management position send out blanket emails to everyone - tit for tat I guess. Working for years with TT/Imedx, and I don't want to keep hearing about what others are not doing regarding TAT, etc. I do my work and am on time and work full shifts. Medical transcription is truly a bizarre world. I have worked for major companies and small ones too, and NEVER have I seen such a crazy lot. PS - have YOU used up your PTOs ...

Imedx Email Question
Jan 11, 2015

1)  Do you keep it open and running in the background as you work? 2)  With it open and running in the background, will it automatically update and refresh, bringing new email into your inbox.  The key word here is AUTOMATICALLY.  I cannot get my system to do this.  It shows it is refreshing and updating, but it isn't.  I have to manually click on INBOX to bring new mail into my box, which can then be hours old.  Am I the only one with this problem? Than ...

IMedx Email - Can Anyone See These Attachments Sent To Us
Apr 01, 2015

hoo boy  - this is gonna be fun ...

Anyone Know If Imedx Supervisors Have Email Yet? (sm)
Apr 08, 2015

I do, but have received none since the first day I got it fixed.  Is everyone up and running?  Seems kind of strange.  I've sent some but not sure if they are being received. ...

Test Email Send Out By Imedx This A.m. If You (sm)
Feb 03, 2015

didn't get it, you should contact your supervisor.  It seems there are many people who are not getting their emails.  They are probably trying to fix it. ...

Imedx Employees Just Call I.T. Regarding Email!
Apr 05, 2015

Just call their number in Atlanta, punch 3 as the extension, the guy takes your name and number, they call within 5 minutes, and they will pull you by your nose and access your computer and set you up. It is very quick and easy. Just write everything down, not much, but we are all pissed/excited/depressed/happy/dingy, and we forget stuff.   It is very easy! start with IT and quit wondering! Keep them on the phone while you enter ur junk and password change.   Luv ...

To IMEDX Employees, You Will Get Email, Just Wait
Apr 05, 2015

You need to call Steve in I.T. at extension 3. They will take message due to overwhelming calls and then call you back. They will give you temporary password and a website to go to. After you go to website, you will enter temp pass and then change your password. THAT password that you just changed will become your permanent password for outlook.office365.com, user will be jsmith@imedx.net and your new password you just did. YOU WILL NEED I.T. TO CALL YOU, NO OTHER WAY TO DO THIS ...

Imedx Email - New One - Chastising Managers For Replying To All.
Dec 04, 2014

I'm just a lowly MT ...

Imedx - Did Anyone Receive A "survey" Regarding The New Email?
Mar 24, 2015

nm ...

According To US Dept Of Labor
Dec 15, 2012

Recognized as top career choice by US Dept of Labor Statistics, "employment of medical transcriptions is projected to grow faster on average compared to all other occupations through 2014." In addition, with new health care legislation, adding nearly 50 million people to health insurance will definitely increase the demand for more transcribers.   What a crock. ...

Does Anyone Know The # To Payroll Dept?
Oct 21, 2013

I no longer work there and need to get in touch with them.  Need a copy of W2 and did not have to file a tax return because I did not make enough and do not have a copy of the W2.  Need it for financial aid.   ...

MM Help...how To Contact HR Dept?
Sep 23, 2014

Not sure if I'm just drawing a blank or if I'm going crazy (or both), but didn't our old email system (before IPSWITCH Imail Server) have a bunch of different sections, specifically how/where to contact Human Resources? Can't seem to find it anywhere and the old email system won't let me log in....? ...

Approaching Dept. Of Labor
Jul 19, 2011

Alerting the Department of Labor has been bandied about regarding the unfair and unjust treatment that MTSOs like to dole out because they think they can get away with it, and we have, in a sense, just rolled over and let them for fear of job loss or being the troublemaker if we spoke up.  Perhaps it is time we find out if we have legitimate issues here and maybe something can be done about them, such as: 1.  Not being paid for spaces. 2.  Not being paid for demographics. ...

Found This Under Dept Of Labor.....
Aug 07, 2012

Off-the-Clock References The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires that covered non-exempt employees receive at least the minimum wage and at least one and one-half times their regular rates of pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek. In general, "hours worked" includes all time an employee must be on duty, or on the employer's premises or at any other prescribed place of work. Also included is any additional time the employee is allowed (i.e., suffered or permitted) to work. The amo ...

Epic - Changes In # Of Staff In HIM Dept?
Mar 07, 2013

Hi.  I am in my third week of employment as a coder!  Yay!  I am learning a lot, still going to school FT, and commuting 1 hour each way to work.  I am the "low man on the totum pole."  We are starting to train for Epic which is supposed to be going live in a few months.  Has Epic affected the work load in that there is a reduction of coders/transcriptions where you work?  Just wondering.  I do other clerical duties such as pulling charts, abstracting, and ...

Anyone Have The Phone # For The HR Dept At MModal?
Aug 18, 2013

I would appreciate it. Need it for applying for UE tomorrow. Any help...thanks. ...

I Will Be Contacting My State's Dept. Of Labor.
Aug 19, 2010

Last pay check, I did not receive the PTO I requested in SS and was granted by my CCM. I contacted payroll immediately. Mind you, this happened to me once before.  It took 1 email and 1 phone call and I had a check the very next day. It is now a week later.  I have been around and around with payroll and my CCM.  FINALLY, yesterday, I get an email that they owe me the PTO and will add it onto MY NEXT CHECK. I don't think so.  That is money that I earned and am entitl ...

Waiting On A Call Back From Dept Of Labor
Oct 07, 2010

I would encourage everyone to call their local DOL about this issue. When we sit here for 20-30 minutes typing a job and lose it due to no fault of our own, we should be compensated for the time that we sat here.  I left a message for my local DOL, hopefully will get a call back, but it seems to me that constitutes not getting paid for hours worked, which is illegal.  If anyone else has checked into this, let me know. Thanks! ...

US Dept Of Labor Back Wages Payment
Jul 31, 2013

Anyone else get a sweet check from K&R for back wages and a letter from Department of Labor? ...

HIPAA Violation? My HMO's Records Dept Accidentally Sent
Jan 10, 2015

instead of my own.  I called and told the person (it was the exact person that I had send the records)  and he acted like it was no big deal -- he just goes, "oh could you bring that back here today?"  Of course I will bring them back, but I think it was funny how he made it seem like there was nothing wrong with the scenario.  He probably thought I had no idea about HIPAA.  ...

Shouldn't All MTSOs Be Investigated By The Dept Of Labor?
Apr 04, 2015

Landmark:  They were sued with a class action for FLSA violation, for "willfull and reckless" nonpayment of overtime in 2011.  I have not seen a suit for minimum wage.  Anyone aware of any suits besides the one against Landmark?  ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

What Dept Is Notified When A Patient Leaves AMA With Equipment Attached
Oct 12, 2011

? ...

313-226-7448 616-456-2004 Call Either Number For US Dept Of Labor
Sep 19, 2012

Called state DOL and was given these numbers for US DOL because the company grosses over half a million a year.  I called and left message regarding OT practices at Nuance.  Will update when I get a call back.  ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...