A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

** IMEDx and REPLY ALL EMAIL - Coldgear

Posted: Dec 04, 2014

First, I agree, why do people reply all. BUT, why does DH and others in management position send out blanket emails to everyone - tit for tat I guess. Working for years with TT/Imedx, and I don't want to keep hearing about what others are not doing regarding TAT, etc. I do my work and am on time and work full shifts.

Medical transcription is truly a bizarre world. I have worked for major companies and small ones too, and NEVER have I seen such a crazy lot.

PS - have YOU used up your PTOs yet???? Only 16 hours you can carry into next year, and those hours only good for 100 days. On the back of being severely out of TAT several days on a particular account, this PTO burn em or lose em is truly the crowning jewel for Imedex in their business wisdom. I have worked as an independent for an Indian/US based very small company years ago as an IC and the guy tried to re-write my contract after work was done. I had to shake the management treee just to get my money. So, keep in mind, if similar biz practice, Imedex will drop the big shoe sometime, and that will probably be in the next 100 days, and that will be that everyone MUST become IC (saving them money, etc.). We will get maybe a tad bit more in pay, but they will pounce on our work via QA and viola! they have good reason to terminate contract and US MT problem solved.

This is so much the routine I too have heard/seen. But, I will hold on until the end, as I can get a job at any time, any where, and will enjoy the per hour pay and get out of this biz for good.

yeah, I saw that - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Responded back with "Don't go there."

And if the guy opens his mouth again, I plan to tell him to "go eat a cow."

Reply All is not Reply Y'All - Please use Reply

[ In Reply To ..]
I am tired of using the cumbersome, slow email to check these emails that I am fairly certainly people have done as "reply all."

Reply - to send to the person who sent you the email.

Reply All - to send to everyone the email went to----EEEEKKKKK!

In defense of those clicking Reply All... - might not be entirely intentional

[ In Reply To ..]

If you'll notice, when you click on an email to reply to, the Reply and especially Reply All are right at the edge of the screen.  There is a really good opportunity to have a slip of the mouse and click on the wrong thing.  The design and ever-changing locations of the menu items such as Delete, Send, etc., are difficult to locate quickly as well.  For instance, when looking at the items in a folder, Delete is clear over on the right side.  Once you click on an email to open it, the Delete is now clear over on the left side.  Most jacked up email program I've ever seen... looks like something someone came up with when Internet was invented.

That being said, however, the last "Reply All" email I got in my inbox this morning from a U.S. MT just had this aura about it that the MT meant to click on "Reply All," maybe so the rest of us could see just how much of a mess the IT problems were.  I was secretly hoping more MTs would click on "Reply All" just so I could see Vijay get more ticked off in his replies with his horribly broken English and complete lack of understanding of our language.  There was nothing "unethical" about people hitting Reply All - wrong word used in the wrong context.  It was funny and I was having a good laugh at Vijay's expense, until the final reply came in where Maruthi pointed out that the MT couldn't send an email because she was missing the "m" on "com" at the end of the email address.  

That's when I threw up my hands and thought, "Please stop making us look stupid in front of the Indians!!"  It's bad enough they are taking away our jobs... don't give them a reason to believe they can do our jobs better just because a few people weren't careful with what they clicked.  Peeps just need to slow down and quit being so defensive.  Yeah, they bought our company and yeah, they've taken away a LOT of our benefits and our freedom to be honest, and yeah... they'll likely get rid of all but a handful in the next 3 months or so... at least that's going according to plan from the 3 other buyouts I've been through... but for now, until you either find another job or whatever... slow down and stop making the rest of us appear inferior and dimwitted.  For chrissakes, don't give them more leverage.  Don't give them a reason to stand around the camel trough and make fun of us.

LOVE YOUR POST - for so many reasons

[ In Reply To ..]
You put into words so many of the exact same things I was thinking and also made me laugh out loud!

So sad. I worked for TT and there were SOME nice ladies there. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Some were not so nice and rude, and played their degrading games, so maybe, just maybe, there truly is KARMA.

I agree with every word, but it brought up a question (sm) - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
You said this is the M.O. for the other companies they have taken over. I'm curious, how do they decide which employees they are keeping? Is it based on pay, hours, PT, FT, what? Every morning I wake up expecting to get the axe.

In defense of reply all... - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
The account I work on, we were instructed to use "reply all" in response to QA e-mails so that all the people in the loop would know what was going on. Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember seeing instructions not to use reply all with the imedx e-mail system. I've come close to selecting reply all when sending a response to QA with the new e-mail system - so glad I didn't! If anything, it's been good entertainment for me.

I made it very clear that I will be using my PTO - before December 31

[ In Reply To ..]
After we got that email with the numerous dates we couldn't ask off work, I emailed back that I'm using my accrued PTO come hell or high water. If we're low on work -- and we WILL BE because it's the holidays -- I'm using my PTO. Not flex time, but MY PTO. Screw this effing company.

Good for you. (sm) - Nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Tired of everyone running roughshod over us. If I had any days to take, I would do the same as you, but alas, I am only part time.

Similar Messages:

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Ever Get A Reply By Email?
Apr 25, 2012

It's management trying to figure out who you are? but maybe I'm just being paranoid. ...

What Is Your Email Reply Ratio? (sm)
Jan 03, 2013

What percentage of emails to the MTSO asking a question are answered? ...

No Reply To Email, 9 Days And Counting
Mar 01, 2013

Don't you just love it. We're supposed to be sitting here with one foot in the air, ready to reply immediately to any e-mails sent out by our managers, but apparently what's good for the goose isn't good for the minions.9 days ago I e-mailed my boss, her boss, AND the person in HR who handles our group, letting them know of an impending situation for which I am going to need some time off.Can you hear the crickets chirping? I can, and that's all I can hear. ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Those Getting "mouse Reports" Should Reply With Email That
Feb 16, 2011

x ...

Has Anyone Else Had IMedX's New Email?
Mar 10, 2015

The *always wonderful* IT person for iMedX installed the new email program on my computer yesterday.  Now the darn thing isn't running right.  Surprise, surprise...  Wondering if anyone else out there has had this same experience. ...

Imedx Email, Used To Be Transtech.
Nov 03, 2014

I'm trying to set up email with Imedx. I've been on the phone twice with their help desk and finally they gave me the website to go to and to use my first initial and last name and he gave me the password to use until I changed it, but when I enter my name and the password, I get an error message. I tried the whole Imedx email, my first name, first initial and last name, got an error each time. Can someone please help me out here, so I don't have to call back as I had trouble u ...

Another Imedx Question - Regarding Email (sm)
Nov 23, 2014

How do we know if we have emails from them?  Even if we keep it open, are we supposed to check it every 5 minutes?   ...

Email From IT Dept At Imedx
Dec 02, 2014

I just love emails from IT department at imedx. It is like solving a puzzle to figure out what they are trying to communicate. More fun and sparkle added to my day! Message to Imedx: Hire 1 English as first language IT person to commicate with your US employees. Just fuels my belief that despite what I have been told, you have NO intention of keeping me on as an employee long-term. This is just common sense, which in my opinion most of your decisions so far seem to be greatly lacking! P.S. Sure ...

Imedx Email Question
Jan 11, 2015

1)  Do you keep it open and running in the background as you work? 2)  With it open and running in the background, will it automatically update and refresh, bringing new email into your inbox.  The key word here is AUTOMATICALLY.  I cannot get my system to do this.  It shows it is refreshing and updating, but it isn't.  I have to manually click on INBOX to bring new mail into my box, which can then be hours old.  Am I the only one with this problem? Than ...

IMedx Email - Can Anyone See These Attachments Sent To Us
Apr 01, 2015

hoo boy  - this is gonna be fun ...

Anyone Know If Imedx Supervisors Have Email Yet? (sm)
Apr 08, 2015

I do, but have received none since the first day I got it fixed.  Is everyone up and running?  Seems kind of strange.  I've sent some but not sure if they are being received. ...

Test Email Send Out By Imedx This A.m. If You (sm)
Feb 03, 2015

didn't get it, you should contact your supervisor.  It seems there are many people who are not getting their emails.  They are probably trying to fix it. ...

Imedx Employees Just Call I.T. Regarding Email!
Apr 05, 2015

Just call their number in Atlanta, punch 3 as the extension, the guy takes your name and number, they call within 5 minutes, and they will pull you by your nose and access your computer and set you up. It is very quick and easy. Just write everything down, not much, but we are all pissed/excited/depressed/happy/dingy, and we forget stuff.   It is very easy! start with IT and quit wondering! Keep them on the phone while you enter ur junk and password change.   Luv ...

To IMEDX Employees, You Will Get Email, Just Wait
Apr 05, 2015

You need to call Steve in I.T. at extension 3. They will take message due to overwhelming calls and then call you back. They will give you temporary password and a website to go to. After you go to website, you will enter temp pass and then change your password. THAT password that you just changed will become your permanent password for outlook.office365.com, user will be jsmith@imedx.net and your new password you just did. YOU WILL NEED I.T. TO CALL YOU, NO OTHER WAY TO DO THIS ...

Imedx Email - New One - Chastising Managers For Replying To All.
Dec 04, 2014

I'm just a lowly MT ...

Imedx - Did Anyone Receive A "survey" Regarding The New Email?
Mar 24, 2015

nm ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

If You Are An IC For TTS, Please Reply....
Mar 23, 2010

Do you feel you are getting a good rate, and most importantly, do you set your hours?  Do you work weekends, etc.?  I am wondering how flexible they are for ICs.  Thanks! ...

Please Reply!
Mar 24, 2012

I was wondering if anyone would know of a company that would hire someone that is enrolled in their medical transcription courses? ...

Reply To SM
Dec 13, 2012

You are without a doubt the rudest and most negative person I have ever met. for your information, I have been a medical transcriptionist since 1988, 24 years. How dare you call me a snail typist when you don't even know me?!!!!Also, telling me not to come here and gripe well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black!!! All I see on this site is griping. But I see this is only for the select few. I hope you have a very negative Christmas as that is what you seem to enjoy the most. ...

No Reply From TSM
Nov 12, 2013

Gettin' a bit tired of never hearing back from my TSM about something that I've been trying to get an answer on now for over a week.  Very aggravated!!!!! ...

Oracle Reply?
Sep 30, 2010

For anyone who applied to Oracle last week, did you get any kind of reply?  I called their office and the receptionist said she was looking over many aps and would be hearing from her, but nothing.  ...

How Long Does It Usually Take To Get A Reply
May 16, 2011

I recently graduated and have applied to three jobs that accept newbies. My first application went in last week, they replied and asked me to go through the application testing. I turned it in on thursday and i know it takes time but im really anxious. ...

Posting A Reply
Mar 03, 2014

I feel dumb having to ask this, as I'm usually pretty good with navigating sites and figuring things out on my own.  How does one go about posting a reply, or replying to a post that gives no email or contact info? ...

Here's A Reply I Posted........
Jan 25, 2015

.....entitled "Tell us about your stressful job."  I'm sure it won't help our cause, but BOY DID IT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!: Do some research on medical transcription! It used to be a very respected position, and we were paid a decent wage. Nowadays, with pressure from government to cut costs or lose reimbursement, most facilities have dismissed their transcriptionists and have outsourced to transcription companies that pay transcriptionists a fraction of what we made working for fac ...

Reply To My Resignation....
Apr 15, 2015

After all the Fiesa I have reviewed for free...all the ! emails I have read and responded to immediately for free....all the time I have spent checking my email for a response to an email I sent, never to hear a response, for free....all the reversals I have requested on my own time....all the time I spent just last Christmas alone checking for work that never came ...the countless hours I have spent waiting for work and coming back to check over and over again.....the time I have spent switchin ...

Acct. Mgrs Who Don't Reply!!
Apr 19, 2011

I've typed reports that never show up and when I ask about it I get NO answers from anyone.  I'm so sick of this company. ...

Does Anyone EVER Hear From Job Postings That You Reply To?
Dec 01, 2011

I have responded to several job postings and have not heard back from ANY of them?  I have many years experience and in most cases over qualified for the work.  I am willing to work evenings and weekends.  What is wrong with this picture?  ...