A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WMX reduction in force employees - sm

Posted: Oct 05, 2010

Hoping everyone has found new and happy homes.  Frightening to think we can so easily lose our job (through no fault of our own).   I understand it was not just new people hired for that specific account but some of you had been there a while and were put on it and got zapped.  I thought of asking for transfer to it simply because it was a large account.  Wow, I dodged that bullet. Sorry you were not as lucky.

Best of luck to you (and the rest of us).

Why are you bringing this up again?? - Not New News...

[ In Reply To ..]
.... Trying to start up the crud again?

WMX RIF - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Heavens, no. I was just hoping that some if not all have been lucky and settled in somewhere else. Not dogging the company or the politics here.

Not stirring up anything, just wishing the best of luck to those and anyone else looking for new job or change of job during these tough times.

Sorry if I upset you with my question, it was asked with a pure heart and not being malicious in anyway.

Have a good day.

You upset the management plant! - No need to apologize.

[ In Reply To ..]
All she does is get on here and try to downplay anything anyone says about WMX, trying to deflect their guilt. You can say anything you like here. I am glad they don't like it, must be hitting a nerve.

We can discuss it all we want. If you don't want to - read about it then look the other way.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I just don't get why it bothers you - I care too

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not crud. It is someone caring about people who have been terminated, someone who also worries they might be terminated, because there has been precious little information coming our way who are still employed. This person was just wishing them well, what is your problem? If you were fired, I can't imagine why it would bother you. If you are still employed there, as I am, I can't imagine why it would bother you. It doesn't bother me? Why does it bother you?

Sorry management - we know you would like to see this buried and dead - Can not face your own cowardice?

[ In Reply To ..]
So what if they do want to start the crud again? Who created the crud? You did management and now you have to live with it. Don't like it? Change your ways.

Makes you wonder - wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
If there is a new merger in the works or something. I think that would be a reason to try to quash any discussion on this board, just wanting to keep things quiet until the deal goes through. Guilt? Management? I don't believe the two coexist. Remember, greed is good.
Yes a nerve was hit - What goes around
[ In Reply To ..]
Seems WMX is monitoring carefully anything negative on the board. I think it was a very kind post. Unfortunately, kindness is NOT part of the Webmedx policy. Yes, it looks like you hit a big nerve. I believe the negativity will continue until Webmedx changes the way it conducts business with it's MT's. If they want positivity, bring it on...we'll always grab an olive branch extended.

Stir up crud??? - Erica

[ In Reply To ..]
What??? Are you serious? The crud stirring came from Webmedx. We're just dealing and responding to it. Dish out crud and crud you will get...and WBX surely did.

Too late, the crud is out... - Google

[ In Reply To ..]
Looks like the crud they made is on the net. Google searches, i.e., Webmedx complaints, bring up a lot of posts from this board. Hmmm, guess they didn't count on that happening.

Sounds like you're gloating... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
"Wow, I dodged that bullet. Sorry you were not as lucky."

Is that supposed to somehow make the MTs that lost their jobs feel better?

Similar Messages:

Reduction In Force Letter From Webmedx
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else get one of these notifications this morning? As of today there is no work for me. ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Task Force, Inc.
Jun 03, 2010

has anyone heard of this company?  I searched for it but came up with nothing. ...

So About That MT Task Force
Mar 27, 2013

I have not heard it mentioned in a very long time. ...

Work Force
Apr 09, 2013

Indian MTs are being started at $40/week which is not a living wage even in India.  At that rate, MM can go through many layers of QA in India and still spend much less than they would using Americans.  They will replace as many US MTs as they possibly can, keeping Americans only if requested by the client.  They will find any excuse they can to do this.  The only hope is if clients are dissatisfied with the quality of the work and take steps to correct it.  There have b ...

MT Force...any Info.?
Jul 06, 2013

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the above company? Are they for real or is it a scam? Thanks. ...

SoftScript Disturbance In The Force
Oct 05, 2011

I have been through this several times before and I know the signs.  Work levels start to drop inexplicably for prolonged periods.  People get fired for specious reasons, the petty harrassment starts, another way to lessen your workforce before... what?  I feel something really, really bad coming our way, either offshoring, VR and cut in wages, getting sold, or all three.  It is no more business as usual here, something is up, and I wonder if anyone else has noticed.  Be ...

Ridiculous Reduction In Pay
Jul 28, 2010

As with most of you, my pay from Medquist has taken a total nose dive ever since ASR went to 85% while at the same time cutting our transcription rate down for ASR from 70% to 60%.  That's a 40% pay cut!!!  I've had to take another job elsewhere to try to make ends meet.  Besides that, our health benefits are the absolute worst and get worse every year.  Can anyone ever remember any kind of cost of living raise?   I used to make $36,000 annu ...

Reduction Mammoplasty
Dec 05, 2011

Pt is being evaluated for reduction mammoplasty.  Dictated:   My concern is her s/l weight type ratio. Is weight type correct?  Cannot totally understand him. ...

30 Force Elevator? Dental Procedure. Nm
Dec 11, 2009

.... ...

When They Demand & Threaten To Force You To Work OT,
Mar 29, 2012

they can count me out.  When I feel like part of a team & am asked nicely to help when they're backlogged, I'm more than happy to help.  I think the power goes to some of their heads.  We're not children... ...

Ok, I Will Ask: Medical Transcription Force Services
Sep 27, 2012

Dear Alice, You are aware that you are not, in fact, the owner of the platforms as mentioned in your ad, right?  We are not that naive "MT Force Communications, which owns our well-known and widely-used platforms, eScription, Dictaphone Enterprise Speech System and Beyond TXT." ...

Does Anyone Know How To Force Email To NOT Go To Web Messaging Lite?
Nov 25, 2014

SO annoying.  I can only view my email in lite mode.  ...

QA Line Rate Reduction
Apr 26, 2010

Why is it that we receive a reduced line rate when the blanks cannot be filled in by QA either? I've checked my feedback and most of the QA markers I left were also left blank by the QA person. So those reports should not count against us. How am I supposed to know what QA can hear or what they know? ...

Need To Know - Line Rate Reduction
Jun 21, 2013

I have worked for the same company since 2010.  I received a phone call today that my primary account has demanded a "flat-rate price reduction" so my pay will also be reduced for my standard transcription line rate to "accomodate the client" and not lose the account.  I do work on a speech rec platform and most of the reports are edited, but I have never had anything like this happen before.  I like my company and the accounts I work on and there is usually plenty of work, but I ...

Workforce Reduction, Yet Still Hiring...
Nov 28, 2013

This has to be related to money...firing those making 9/5, 10/6, 8/4, and hiring at what, 7/3?? If you're a new hire for MM, please share your insights, or better yet, what is your line rate? ...

Pay Reduction For Some Platforms Question
Jan 15, 2015

Seem to remember at one point they were reducing percentage paid on some platforms, there was a lot of hubaloo and then (if I am not mistaken) they went back on this and allowed them to be paid for full lines typed. Is my memory correct? Going by this I wonder if there is a ray of sunshine at the end of this long, long tunnel.  Perhaps they will make further adaptations to this plan as they figure out it isn't workign well.   This HEENT/HENT crap is totally unreal and that ...

Article About MM Building Up Work Force In India
Oct 25, 2014

I read a post here referencing an article about MM building a new facility and hiring hundreds of Indian nationals by the end of this year.  Could someone please send me that link or article so I can print it for the unemployment office so I can apply for retraining?  or at least look into retraining?  THANKS ...

Zygomatic Arch Reduction Operation.
Aug 27, 2010

Dissection began and the facial artery was identified.  This was retracted from the field with a s/l "sons rake" and protected. ...

Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction: S/l Chiumella?
Nov 22, 2010

Currently working on an OR for a septoplasty/turinate reduction... The sentence is:  Stay sutures were secured to one another externally below the s/l chiumella. Driving me crazy trying to find out this word!!  Any help would be appreciated! ...

Reduction Mammoplasty, ? Bipedicle Technique
Aug 19, 2012

DIAGNOSIS:  PROCEDURE ON THE LEFT IS LEFT BREAST REDUCTION MAMMOPLASTY, 435 GRAMS, s/l "MIKISIC"  BIPEDICLE TECHNIQUE WITH WISE PATTERN.  MIKISIC ? ...

Modified Shoulder Reduction Technique
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone familiar with a type of shoulder reduction technique for dislocated shoulder?  Sounds like the doc is saying modified "Stitz" technique.    ...

IMEDX, Question About Reduction In Bonus
Feb 13, 2015

The e-mail I got said it has been reduced to 2 cents above your line rate.  Bonus before was set at line rate and 1/2, which I thought they did because it would be the equivalent to "time and a half," which is, I believe, the law when you are working beyond 40 hours in a week.  If you are working bonus, which is usually the case, above your 40 hours, is it legal for them not to pay the equivalent of time and a half?  ...

Wellness Payroll Premium Reduction
Mar 05, 2015

Does anyone know what kind of reduction you get for filling out the Health Risk Assessment.  Thanks in advance. ...

Looking For Ortho Help On Counterforce Brace Versus Count'R-Force
Nov 14, 2012

. ...

Am I Gonna Have A Big Reduction In Pay When My 45 Days Training Is Up? Read On
Jul 13, 2010

I just can't get going fast on these terrible accounts.  I was doing 200 lph ST at my old job and nearly 400 lph VR (on EditScript) and I don't think I will EVER get this fast at MedQuist.  I am really worried that in 2 weeks I will drop down low enough that I either won't get benefits or they will fire me or I will be making minimum wage.    Worried...   Rachel ...

Rebruse Lobster Bone Reduction Clamp?
Aug 10, 2010

as above ...

Ortho: I Dressed His Finger With Some Xeroform And S/l Fora-force And Put Him Back In The Splint
Dec 01, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Bilateral Breast Reduction With Lateral Chest Suctioning Via (Tuohmy???) System
Nov 03, 2010

s/l tomb-y or toomy Anyone know?! Thanks. ...

EGD Question. Biopsies Were Taken From The Prominent S/l "force" Of The Body Of The Stoma
Jan 21, 2011

x ...